Title: Office v.X 10.1.7 released: Security refinements
Date: Tuesday, July 11 2006 @ 06:00 PM PDT

Read the full article at
http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20060711190159860
--------------------

In article
<REMOVEarkay-0036AF.20521112072006@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com>,
 aRKay <REMOVEarkay@qsl.net> wrote:

> I upgraded my Office to 11.2.5 this morning and the following
> blurb shows up this evening on MacFixIt.  I am really confused?
>
> Maybe the MacFixIt blurb is regarding an older version of Office?

Yup. That would be the part of the blurb that says "Microsoft has
released Office v.X 10.1.7, maintenance update to the older but still
supported version of the productivity suite for Mac OS X."
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Date Subtraction #2
Hi I run Win2K with Excel 2K. I would like to enter a date in a cell (eg Oct-05) and have the preceding 11 cells automatically put the previous months in. Example: In cell A15 = Oct-05 (entered) In cell A14 = Sep-05 (automatically) In cell A13 = Aug-05 (automatically) In cell A12 = Jul-05 (automatically) etc etc etc Is there a formula that can do this? Any help will be much appreciated...thanks ! John On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:34:57 -0800, "John Calder" <JohnCalder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I run Win2K with Excel 2K. > >I would like to ent...

MX Records #2 #2
I would like to setup an MX record #2 of weigh 20 for another location - not on same domain or even same network. The goal is to hold mail in case that primary MX record / server is down. How do I setup the SECOND server for this setup? Thank you. On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:41:55 -0500, ">>Smith<<" <jjsmith@msn.com> wrote: >I would like to setup an MX record #2 of weigh 20 for another location - not >on same domain or even same network. The goal is to hold mail in case that >primary MX record / server is down. How do I setup the SECOND server for...

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Name of Address table in Great Plains 10
HI: What is the table name that holds the Vendor Address? I don't have SQL in front of me but my documentation tells me that the Vendor Master is PM00200 (PM_Vendor_MSTR) and the Vendor Address Master is PM00300 (PM_Address_MSTR) "janieb" wrote: > HI: > > What is the table name that holds the Vendor Address? > > ...

Outlook setup #7
I just switched from OE to Outlook for my email. 1) How do I set it to go directly to my Inbox upon opening? 2) Can I set the frequency for checking for new email? Thanks. There are 7 versions of Outlook in current use. We would need to know which you are using. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7931678C-0ECD-4CDA-AD9D-15BD7CDFB50B@microsoft.com... >I just switched from OE to Outlook for my email. 1) How do I set it to go > directly to my Inbox upon opening? 2) Can I set the frequency for > ...

Out-of-office twin replies

How to merge 10 files in one step?
Hi Everyone I would like to check is it possible to merge 10 files with the same format together with one step or less steps when compared to opening up 10 files and then copy and paste? I would really appreciate any help given... Cheers ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements There is no way built into Excel to do a merge other than copy/paste. (Well, there is th...

Mailbox Manager #7
My apologies if this post duplicates but after 1 hour my original posts still haven't posted: I am looking to use MS Mailbox Manager for retention policies on Exchange. I initially looked in to this utility when I was running Exchange 5.5 on Windows NT 4 and running it in audit mode it seemed to work great. Management nixed the plan so it was never fully implemented. Now, after reaching our 16GB IS store limit with Exchange 5.5 Standard Edition is has become a priority to put this in effect. The problem I know have is that we have moved Exchange 5.5 to a Windows 2000 Server and during t...

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

How do I unhide row 1?
I have bee delivered a worksheet with Rows 1-9 hidden. How do I unhide these rows when I cannot select the rows on both side of the hidden area. Thanx. Select the whole worksheet, Ctrl-A, Format>Row>Unhide. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "DFL" <DFL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A3D5EA1-BB13-4735-BE03-0C26A3CDFBAB@microsoft.com... > I have bee delivered a worksheet with Rows 1-9 hidden. How do I unhide these > rows when I cannot select the rows on both side of the hidden area. > > Thanx. ...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

Landed Cost #7
From what I am reading here and elsewhere landed cost is a 2 step process. You process the receiver and/or the vendor invoice in Receivings Transaction Entry and then match the freight invoice into Enter/match screen. The accounting would be: 1. Receive/invoice DR Inventory ( cost + LC) CR Payable to vendor CR Accrued Purchase for LC 2. Enter/Match DR accrued purchase LC CR A/P If I just want to enter the vendor invoice in the receiving transactions screen that includes the freight, I am s...

Excel 97 vs. Excel 2002
What's the difference between Excel 1997 and Excel 2002 (in brief). Is there a way to save a 2002 version file so it won't open in 1997 version program? Specific context: I have a 2002 file that doesn't allow users to access protected cells. This is essential for the file to work as designed. When I open it in a 1997 version almost everything seems to work correctly, except that the users can access protected cells. Which f's everything up completely! I'd rather they weren't able to open it in 1997 version. Also when I save it it in 1997 it sometimes turns off th...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

Missing Stored Procedures in GP 7.5
When trying to apply hotfix 750g38 by running the SQL statement against two differerent companies (Company A and Company B), one company completes successfully (Company A), but the second company (Company B) completes with the following info: Cannot add rows to sysdepends for the current stored procedure because it depends on the missing object 'SVC_Obj_ValidateUOM'. The stored procedure will still be created. Cannot add rows to sysdepends for the current stored procedure because it depends on the missing object 'SVC_Obj_CalcBillTransTime'. The stored procedure will st...

Exchange 5.5
Hi We have an old NT box running exchange 5.5. I am trying to mov mailboxes to a new server running Windows 2000 with exchange 5.5. Bot servers are in the same site. I start the move as usual (hi-light mailbox, tools - move mailbox). enter the destination server (Windows 2000 server) and click ok. Th move mailbox progress box appears with the message "Opening th information store that belongs to username". The progress indicato moves from 0% to 1%m then stops. The mailbox I am moving is empty. have left the process to run for a couple of hours to no avail. When check ...

Workflow Manager 10-16-03
Hi all, I have the same problem as discussed here. But no solution suggested here was successfully :-( I've played with the rights of the workflow service, and so on. Alwyas the same error: "You do not have sufficient rights ...". Any other ideas? Ralf. there is a fix for this - https://www.greatplains.com/customersource/support/downloads/hotfixes/tk29313hotfix.htm "Ralf Eisele" <ralf@extension.net> wrote in message news:uLrQ%2349kDHA.2216@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I have the same problem as discussed here. But no solution suggested he...

In which case, realloc returns NULL??? #2
hi pals, My win32 console application has allocated memory of 350MB in Memory usage column and 400MB in Virtual memory column. While reallocating a global variable , getting NULL if the size is too high (say 200MB). What is the maximum memory size that an application can use? What are the scenario, that realloc returns NULL. @ Shahul. "shahul" <shahul@chellasoft.com> wrote in message news:efYasx$UGHA.4608@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi pals, > > My win32 console application has allocated memory of 350MB in Memory > usage > column and 400MB in Virtua...

Spellcheck language Vs Keyboard language
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I have a spanish Macbook Pro and want to keep the use of the spanish keyboard but have word spellcheck my documents using English (us). It seems that i cant have the two as the spellcheck automatically reverts to the checked box in the Input menu and check the documents in Spanish. Even when i try to set Language in word to English (us) and save it as my default it automatically reverts back to Spanish. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. cgdeca ...

Re-installation of office
I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original settings. HELP! Insert Office cd, install. Dont have cd? ....explain "Lisa Lucey" <Lisa Lucey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D935368F-BFC7-4C04-96BA-FEAFABC6E358@microsoft.com... >I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original > settings. HELP! ...