Virtual PC attributes for Mac running intel.

I have subscribed to a business newspaper that only produces graphs
using activeX.  With my macbook running intel I cannot view the graphs
or take advantage of other features.  Is there a product or a feature
that will allow me to emulate a PC?  I am using Office 2004 Student
Teacher edition.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan

0
Dan9686 (2)

In article <1181949056.659823.159420@o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
 "Dan@roseconsulting.biz" <Dan@roseconsulting.biz> wrote:

> I have subscribed to a business newspaper that only produces graphs
> using activeX.  With my macbook running intel I cannot view the graphs
> or take advantage of other features.  Is there a product or a feature
> that will allow me to emulate a PC?  I am using Office 2004 Student
> Teacher edition.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Dan!

For your Intel Mac you're in the market for Apple's Boot Camp
<http://www.apple.com/bootcamp>, Parallels <http://www.parallels.com> or
possibly even CrossOver Mac <http://www.codeweavers.com>.

Since you mention ActiveX then I assume your subscription is
browser-based (specifically IE for Windows). If that's the case then I
strongly recommend CrossOver Mac if all you need is to be able to use IE
for Windows. CrossOver Mac allows you to run many Windows applications
without Windows. For about US$60.00 you can purchase CrossOver Mac and
download IE for free from Microsoft's website
<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/default.mspx>,
which should allow you to view your site.

Hope this helps! bill
--
William M. Smith
(Microsoft Interop MVP - Mac/Windows)

Question about MS Office 2004 for Mac
For Office 2004 of Mac version in German (retail version), is it possible to install the Mac version Office on 2 Macs with one product key? Someone I know owns this retail version and there are 3 product keys on the back of the software case. He probably cannot remember which product key is used to activate which Mac. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks. Office will let you re-use the keys to install without a problem, but if you try to launch two networked versions that depend on the same key, it will refuse the launch the second one. This is the US-edition behavior--I doubt it differs for...

Move the Microsoft CRM V1.2 to other pc in the same domain
Hi, I wnt to know if its possible to move the Microsoft CRM v1.2 to another to another pc in the same domain. I know that this is possible with the redeployment, however, its not possible to use the same users in the redeployment wizard. I have 2 pc's, one with the CRM application, and another with the CRM bds. To move the bds i know that is possible if i backup the ds and restore in a new pc, only i have to do is in the crm deployment manager put the new location of the bds. I want to know if its possible to do more or less the same with the crm, or if it exists a tool to do tha...

Help! running Grant70.sql
Sometimes, I receive a message "Please run grant70.sql". What is the meaning of that? I have located grant70.sql. How do I run it? What is the use of grant70.sql? The SQL query grant70.sql (just grant.sql in GP 8) grants the appropriate permissions to the tables, views, and stored procedures. You execute it using SQL Query Analyzer against the Dynamics and company databases. Because you are not sure about how to run SQL queries, it would be in your best interest to work with a GP partner or at least a SQL Server person. You can do great damage with Query Analyzer. "an...

Changing Menu Text at Run-time
Hi, my resource editor looks like this: IDR_MAINFRAME MENU PRELOAD DISCARDABLE BEGIN POPUP "&File" BEGIN MENUITEM "&Import", ID_FILE_IMPORT MENUITEM "&Export", ID_FILE_EXPORT MENUITEM "", ID_FILE MENUITEM "E&xit", ID_APP_EXIT END POPUP "&Edit" BEGIN MENUITEM "Undo", ID_EDIT_UNDO MENUITEM SEPARATOR MENUITEM "Redo", ...

can exchng32.exe be run on Win XP
Hi, I'm just wondering whether the old Exchange client can be run on Windows XP. If yes, then how? Running it in Win95 compatibility mode wasn't succesfull... Any ideas? Regards, Sandor Teglasy jun. I do not believe that you can. Nem lehet und Nein. Peter "Sandor Teglasy jun." <tegsan@web.de> wrote in message news:%23$8S%23uFGFHA.2932@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I'm just wondering whether the old Exchange client can be run on Windows > XP. If yes, then how? Running it in Win95 compatibility mode wasn't > succesfull... > &g...

Text over running cellls
The problem that I have is that when I enlarge the font my text does not stay inside the cells. It starts creeping and running over the gridlines. Any suggestions? Hi Paul, That is the way of things with Excel. Two suggestions: 1) if you do not want to see the text, type a single quote (aka apostrophe) in the neighbouring cell 2) to see all the text on multiple lines: select the cell(s) and use Format|Cells|Alignment and check the Wrap Text box. When done have an egg-nogg and relax. Season's Greetings Bernard "Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

virtual destructor
Hello, I have 2 classes; Class A and Class B. Class B is derived from Class A. I placed traced statements in both Class A and Class B destructor's. I received the same results regardless if Class B was declared virtual or not. Class B's destructor was invoked first then Class A's destructor. Are these results correct? If so, what's the purpose of declaring Class B's destructor virtual? TIA, -jacques Jacques Cooper wrote: > Hello, > > I have 2 classes; Class A and Class B. Class B is derived > from Class A. I placed traced statements in both Class A and &...

My Word Document is formated wrong on a PC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I went for a job interview the other day and when I looked at the Resume they had printed out the formatting was off. The spacing between the sentences were ok but the type that should of been on the second was half way down the second page. I took my original PC word doc. and opened it up and the Mac and it's the same way only it backwards most the type that should of been on the second page most of it was on the first page. I even made the PC word doc a .rtf file but it's still wrong and I can't se...

Hide "Excel" when running VB
Is there a way to hide "Excel" when its VB code is running? Thanks. application.visible = false Careful with this though. Make sure you have proper error handling. If your code crashes... Your excel will not come back... HTH "Old Car" wrote: > Is there a way to hide "Excel" when its VB code is running? Thanks. > > > At the start of your code Application.Visible = False At the end of your code Application.Visible = True -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Old Car" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:rAuce.73$k01.46@trnddc03....

Excel PC to Excel Mac
How can I ensure that the format used in a PC created worksheet remains the same when opened in Excel on a MAC? -- Keith Dore KDore@AIC wrote: > How can I ensure that the format used in a PC created worksheet remains the > same when opened in Excel on a MAC? When you save the spreadsheet on a MAC, make sure you have the extensions turned on (*.xls). This way, when you open the file in Windows, Excel will be able to read the file because it looks for the extension. The *file* formats for MacXL 98, 01, v.X and 04 are absolutely identical to WinXL 97, 00, 02, and 03. For *display*...

Running apps on the WinCE ARM emulator
I'm trying to get a very simple app to run on the ARM emulator. After much effort, I've managed to get the emulator to build and run. I've generated an SDK and installed it but when I create a simple app and try to delpoy it, the emulator just appears with a black screen and eventually a time out error occurs. Any suggestions where I'm going wrong ? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice BizTalk Configure and Send SMTP Mail Based on Message Within an Orchestration http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/4e9e7c92-1279-4fdb-8631-a2f309a...

Virtualization
Just curious if any of you run/have run SQL Server in a virtual environment and what your opinion is on doing so? On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 08:44:25 -0500, Matthew wrote: > Just curious if any of you run/have run SQL Server in a virtual > environment and what your opinion is on doing so? Had SQL Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008 with Hyper-V. The only thing that stood in the way was Hyper-V limitation on 4 CPUs per virtual machine. Everything else was OK. You can check out this link for more info: http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/9/4/d948f981-926e-40fa-a026-5bfcf076d9b...

Removing Read-Only Attribute
I am using Win. Small Business Server 2003. After creating a shared folder, I noticed the Read-only attribute setting. I've tried everything I know to remove it so users can save to the directory. I even tried the ATTRIB -R command at the dos prompt. Can anyone point me in the right direction? THanks McMillan McMillan wrote: > I am using Win. Small Business Server 2003. After creating a shared > folder, I noticed the Read-only attribute setting. I've tried > everything I know to remove it so users can save to the directory. I > even tried the ATTRIB -R command at...

Mac Blog
All latest Mac apps and games from RS HF FS... http://macosxstation.blogspot.com/ http://hotfile.com/dl/65310436/f808552/AS.V2011.SP3.MacOSX.part1.rar.html http://hotfile.com/dl/65310599/31a04ad/AS.V2011.SP3.MacOSX.part2.rar.html http://hotfile.com/dl/65310511/e201cb2/AS.V2011.SP3.MacOSX.part3.rar.html http://hotfile.com/dl/65310589/709eee1/AS.V2011.SP3.MacOSX.part4.rar.html http://hotfile.com/dl/65310381/01adb41/AS.V2011.SP3.MacOSX.part5.rar.html http://hotfile.com/dl/65309807/5c67b78/Presto.v1.2.1.MacOSX.Incl.Keymaker-CORE.rar.html http://hotfile.com/dl/64578419/a082548/FlexTeam_2.2.4.zi...

report timeout in CRM 1.2 on virtual pc (notebook)
Hi, I prepared images of mscrm 1.2 for virtual pc. On two desktop machines with 1 gig of memory, everything works fine. On a -besides this very performant- notebook with same memory specs, I get timeouts in crystal report viewer (nothing is shown and after a long while, an error message shows in the "html page" where the report should be). I increased timeout value on the "microsoft crm" II server app virtual directory to ..1800 or more: No chance. Did anyone see this happen? Any hint to resolve this? It seems to me like the disk access spped, which is much slower than on...

Media player for Mac
Have got my Imac for Christmas. Have installed Flip4Mac and have installed Media player 9 for Mac. Worked fine when opened in Denmarks Radio's web site (http://www.dr.dk/) until Apple update 1.1.2010. Now I cannot play previously working radio stations installed in Favorites. Could you please help me? Thanks in advance. Finn On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 03:09:01 -0800, Finnven <Finnven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Have got my Imac for Christmas. Have installed Flip4Mac and have installed >Media player 9 for Mac. Worked fine when opened in Denmarks Radio's web si...

SW RAID-1 On Storage Virtual MiniPort
Hi, I want to develop a SW RAID-1 using Storage Virtual MiniPort driver, I hope this driver can choose two disks from system by using SCSI command, then reports a RAID-1 disk to system, is this idea could be accomplished by Storage Virtual MiniPort driver? If this idea is ok, what type of certification it need to pass from Microsoft? Regards, Perer, Hi all, I need the suggestion urgently, please give me a help, thanks. Regrads, Peter, "Peter" <peter_hsu@vasstek.com.tw> �b�l�� news:u8N5usgtKHA.3360@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl �����g... > Hi,...

Run-Time Error '6' Overflow
I'm in need of a suggestion/help with an error I'm getting with my Access 2007 form's calculated control field(s). I'm getting a "Run-time error '6' - Overflow" message when I go to another field and the AfterUpdate() event fires. Most values may contain a 0 initially until inputted or may stay as a zero depending on what pieces of equipment are run. I've set the table structure up and set the field numbers as Long Integers a Here is a sample of my code. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Private Sub Changes() Me.Rejects_Rough = (Me...

Pocket PC Money & favourite reports
Are favourite reports in Money 2004 synchronised to pocket PC Money? Do all versions of Money 2004 (standard, Deluxe, small business etc. handle GST (VAT) Thanks John There are no reports on the Money for Pocket PC software. I *think* all versions support VAT, but am not 100% sure -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK speci...

Virtual Accounts?
Hi all, I would love to be able to create some 'virtual accounts' but I am not sure of firstly if it can be done and secondly how to do it. Basically I put away amounts each month for certain expenses but dont want t o have a bank account for each expenditure in order to see how much is curre ntly available for that category. I would prefer just to have one account a nd lump all the items together and then using Money have it break the curren tly levels of each down for me. e.g I put aside 100 per month for car tags. Since the car tags are only due once a year, I want to be able...

Multiple entries for an attribute
Is there a way to have multiple entries for an attribute? For example: In my "Accounts" I have created an attribute called "Authorized Access". I would like to select from the contacts all individulas that have authorized acces for this account and have them all display in a tab I have created on the main form. Is this possible? Sounds like what you really want is to create a relationship between accounts and contacts, but not the parent/child on the comes out of the box. you need a many to many relationship. You could try this: Create a new custom entity called ...

Virtual PC attributes for Mac running intel.
I have subscribed to a business newspaper that only produces graphs using activeX. With my macbook running intel I cannot view the graphs or take advantage of other features. Is there a product or a feature that will allow me to emulate a PC? I am using Office 2004 Student Teacher edition. Thanks in advance for your help. Dan In article <1181949056.659823.159420@o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, "Dan@roseconsulting.biz" <Dan@roseconsulting.biz> wrote: > I have subscribed to a business newspaper that only produces graphs > using activeX. With my macbook runnin...

Win7 Windows Mail running in taskman but no winmail window viewabl
Hello Outlook 2007 installed,and working fine. I needed to open winmail and found that it did not open. Found it running in taskman, but there is no winmail program window available. I have tried: 1)delete winmail reg entries 2)delete winmail storage folders 3)rename winmail.exe file 4)download mailclientmerge.reg to make winmail default 5)download wmutil to manipulate winmail folders/database None of the above worked. Specifically, the results of points above: 1)started winmail after deleting reg entries,just remade them,is all. 2)ditto for point 2 3)nothing happens when dou...

macro won't run from network
Hi I have a macro in a spreadsheet that works fine if the file is saved locally. If I move it to a networj drive it fails. Are there any known issues with doing this? TIA Steve I don't know of any issues with this. I save lots of workbooks with macros to network drives and the macros work fine (or as well as I wrote them!). You are enabling macros when you open the workbook? (I'm assuming yes to that.) How do you invoke the macros--buttons on toolbars, commandbuttons placed on the worksheet from the control toolbox toolbar, buttons from the Forms toolbar placed on a worksheet,...

Considering Virtualization
Hello Newgroup, We need to upgrade our 4 year old SBS box. I am totally new to virtualization and wondering if these circumstances warrant making the jump. We've got approx 30 users, and approx 75 mailboxes. We don't run anything extra. We're nonprofit, which means that MS licensing costs are negligable, but it also means that our IT budget is tiny - I'm here approx 10 hours a week for general support, higher level needs get outsourced. I had been considering the following path: > Get a new server, without a tape drive (old server's tape drive recen...