Viewing project assignment post-SP2 update

After installing SP2, I no longer see the color-coded dots on calendar views
indicating project assignment for events.

The text of the event is still indented, as though the dot is invisibly
there occupying space, and the project assignment still exists when the
event is opened, but simply can't be seen from the calendar.

Anyone else with this issue?  Suggestions for a fix?  I sort of liked/relied
upon viewing project assignments in this way.

Thx.
Brian

0
briedel (2)

I had exactly the same problem, Brian

Any news on a fix?

Mike

Brian D. Riedel wrote:
> After installing SP2, I no longer see the color-coded dots on calendar views
> indicating project assignment for events.
>
> The text of the event is still indented, as though the dot is invisibly
> there occupying space, and the project assignment still exists when the
> event is opened, but simply can't be seen from the calendar.
>
> Anyone else with this issue?  Suggestions for a fix?  I sort of liked/relied
> upon viewing project assignments in this way.
>
> Thx.
> Brian

0
mikepeat (1)
10/10/2005 5:50:57 PM
This is due to the Apple Security Update that came out at around the same
time, and both Apple and MS are aware of the problem and presumably working
on a fix.

Everyone has the problem, nothing to be done by users.

Many more reports, with this same answer, on the Entourage newsgroup.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
10/10/2005 6:14:34 PM
Thanks for this.  Will stay tuned for a solution.  Pls let us know via post
if you become aware of one.
Brian

On 10/10/05 1:14 PM, in article BF6FFD9A.4AF75%daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID,
"Daiya Mitchell" <daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID> wrote:

> This is due to the Apple Security Update that came out at around the same
> time, and both Apple and MS are aware of the problem and presumably working
> on a fix.
>
> Everyone has the problem, nothing to be done by users.
>
> Many more reports, with this same answer, on the Entourage newsgroup.
> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage
>

> On 10/10/05 10:50 AM,  "mikepeat" wrote:
>
>> I had exactly the same problem, Brian
>>
>> Any news on a fix?
>>
>> Mike
>>

>> Brian D. Riedel wrote:
>>> After installing SP2, I no longer see the color-coded dots on calendar views
>>> indicating project assignment for events.
>>>
>>> The text of the event is still indented, as though the dot is invisibly
>>> there occupying space, and the project assignment still exists when the
>>> event is opened, but simply can't be seen from the calendar.
>>>
>>> Anyone else with this issue?  Suggestions for a fix?  I sort of liked/relied
>>> upon viewing project assignments in this way.
>>>
>>> Thx.
>>> Brian

0
briedel (2)

Which category to assign for life insurance payment
Hello all, My father-in-law passed away las August, and earlier this week my wife received a check from his life insurance company. Which category do I assign for this money? I couldn't find anything in the FAQ Any feedback is appreciated Other Income:Insurance Proceeds? I'm not sure there is any one answer. <anonymous@anonymous.com> wrote in message news:Rrpse.25657$IX4.13227@twister.nyc.rr.com... > Hello all, > > My father-in-law passed away las August, and earlier this week my wife > received a check from his life insurance company. Which category do I ...

Lost "Edit" (between File & View on Toolbar)
Somehow the "Edit" command on my main toolbar disappeared in MS Publisher (still there in Word). Anyone know how to get it back? Right click on the menu bar. Click Customize. Click Menu Bar and then click Reset. You should see Edit reappear immediately after answering the question about resetting. How this happened is probably in the process of customizing the toolbar the word Edit on the menu bar was dragged off the line. Hope this helps, let us know. "HNLGAL" <HNLGAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:328A71FB-91BF-4FF1-ADDD-72EEE6650EF3@mic...

Notification for a fax posted to a public folder
We have setup our exchange to post incoming faxes to public folders. I've setup different folder for each department. The question has come up is there a way to notify a user like when they get a new email that a fax has been posted to the public folder? You can by means of an add-in; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Watch-Outlook-Folders.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setti...

FW: Take a look at security update
--libxylkvaagwq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="tvhvctjfrilbneoq"; type="multipart/alternative" --tvhvctjfrilbneoq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lttinisrthu" --lttinisrthu Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to p...

Update data in Excel
I have two reports in Access one is and output to and the other is exported. I am trying to figure out which one to use so my columns (data) will be updated when the user clicks the automated button. I noticed the export to excel does not update but the output to does. I have two questions 1. Is there a easy way to update the data based of Access report export? 2. If not I can use the output to but I need to find out how to automatically align the columns when the new data is entered. Am I taking the hard way or is there an easier way to export updated reprts to Excel? Please help I am...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Saturday, December 4, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 159 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Note that only a limited number of FAQ items have been added or modified for Money 2005--those that are derive from my limited experience with the product and on very high profile items in the newsgroup. If you are...

how to create the required view of Data Analysis.
I am creating first test view for Data Analsis . I want to choose any project from all projects in the drop down and resources will display for those project which i select and then those resources work , actual work and percentage of work done in the that view. kindly tell me which fields I will drag from PivotTable field list and drop on which Row and Column for this type of required view. Drop Filter Fields Here Drop Column Fields Here Drop Row Fields Here Sam -- Using the MSP_Portfolio_Analyzer cube, do the following: 1. Drag the Project List dimension...

old posts
How can I find a post I made yesterday? Hi, when you open this post, click on your name, it will pop up a window with your information, at the to right click on Recent posts by this user if this helps please click yes, thanks "Eric" wrote: > How can I find a post I made yesterday? I'd use google. Give it enough information (keywords/author/subject): http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel*&num=100 Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like: http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm Eric wrote:...

How to assign templates to customer statement reports
I'm new to GP and I will be attending training soon, but I'm in need to create 2 statement report / templates. I have created or better yet modified the templates in report writer but I cannot figure out how to make them show in the application, I have assigned security access to the users. When I click routines / statements in the application I do not have access to selecting or assigning new statement ID (the options are grayed out. Thanks ...

How to update values in message boxes from within VBA?
I have a macro (in VB) as shown down below invoked by F11 - I created it initially with record macro. It allows me to type in a name for an invoice and increment the invoice number. When I first press F11 it invokes two consecutive message boxes to accept input to update two fields on the invoice. The first message box comes up with the current value of the field from the invoice template (Client Name). I change the name in the this first message box and press OK on the message box. The second message box comes up with the current value of the field from the invoice templat...

OSX Update
Hi all Apple has released an update for OSX that will take it to version 10.3.8 It includes enhanced support for third party applications, improved display drivers and security updates. If you are having trouble with Office it would be worth installing the update. Run Software Update from the Apple menu to install. Tom Dyer Beng (Hons) Tom Dyer <tom@tomdyer.co.uk> wrote: > Hi all > > Apple has released an update for OSX that will take it to version 10.3.8 > It includes enhanced support for third party applications, improved display > drivers and security updates. ...

About the VIEW of CRM 3.0
How to change the settings of "Leads of Marketing Members" I want to add some fields into the VIEW of "Marketing Members(Leads)", but I didn't find it. It just display the Name of Lead, but it has no Names of Company. You might find this helpfull: http://yourcrmserver/tools/vieweditor/viewManager.aspx?id={2F0D0EDE-D356-4B1E-83BD-E978F10E3EEB} You will have to publish your customizations of course. But you´ll not find the Entity Marketinglist. It´s because these views are special so you´ll have to modify more than one view. You´ll find three V...

stored procedure or view?
I would like to replace a value in a column provided it meets my conditions. For instance, if formtype = w123' then set formtype = 'PRO' if formtype = 'w344' then set formtype = 'INT'. I am fairly new to creating a stored procedure on SQLServer. Do you think this would require a stored procedure or a view? If either sp or view is ok, which is less costly to the db? I think that I can apply a case statement in a stored procedure...but I am not sure how to add this expression in a view. Thanks in advance! Thanks MC -- Misty :-) Message posted...

sync with MS Project
Hello, is there a way (default feature or add-in) to synchronize Excel with MS Project? Thanks, Christophe Chris You can link Excel data to Project so's it updates in Project as Excel updates. Is that what you want? See Help>"Excel" when in Project. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 02:58:02 -0700, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >is there a way (default feature or add-in) to synchronize Excel with MS >Project? > >Thanks, > >Christophe in Access, right-click files of type = ODBC excel isn't ...

Combox Update information
Hi, I'm developing a simple dialog in c++. So, when i select a combox and choose the first information and after choose the second. I click the button ok to process the information, but the information that is valid is the first selected not the second. How can i fix it? If you are trying to validate before the OK button gets processed then override the virtual method OnOK and prevent CDialog::OnOK from getting called. void CMyDialog::OnOK() { int Index = m_Combo.GetCurSel(); if (Index == 1) { MessageBox("Your selection is invalid. Please try again."); ...

Excel Help for Non-Profit Needed
I hope I have the right group for this question. I am Radio Auction Chairman in the Rayne Lions Club in Louisiana and I am working with Excel to enter all the items for our Live Radio Auction. I have entered all auction items in Excel and now I want to copy & paste the information into a word document. When I copy & insert the column, it also paste the cells. I need just the information for the newspapers. Can I just copy & paste just into information into a word file without the cells? Also, if I have listed the items from top to bottom in a column, is there any way to flip...

Update Automatic Links Not Working in 2003
When opening a file and being asked "Update Automatic Links?", I respond yes but the links don't update. If I go into Edit, Links and update manually, then it works. The original file was created in Excel 97 or 2000; the feature does not work on users who have 2003; the feature does work on users who have 97 or 2000????? I've seen this, too, and found that I have to press F9 to recalculate the spreadsheet. Thanks for the tip but F9 did not do anything. "Dave O" wrote: > I've seen this, too, and found that I have to press F9 to recalculate > the sp...

Scanner- Wireless real time inventory update
Can Anyone recommend a Good Barcode scanner? How about wireless? It would be nice to go from Till to the Shelf and back and do some scanning for Inventory? I use a metrologic Orbit scanner- Really nice, but I do not have wireless system and the scanner is always on and scans everything in its path. I wonder if that is possible- To do Quantity update on Year End inventory by using the Inventory Wizard and with wireless barcode update (real time) the quantity on the shelf.... Anyone do that? Any combination Scanner and hand held collection units that you like? -- Let go, Elevate your lif...

Template does not get updated when a project is closed
We have found a problem with the use of timesheet templates in the Business Portal. Apparently the template does not get updated when a project is closed or an employee's assignment to the project is removed. I would imagine there was no intention to do this given the nature of what a template is. However, we would like to raise an enhancement request to the Business Portal to see if something can be done to stop a timesheet being saved or submitted with a closed project code. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with t...

VBA For View Options on Employee Lookup
Our users would like me to customize their employee lookup to only have "active employees" (exclude inactive). There is an existing favorite smartlist object called "active employees only", so they can manually choose that favorite on the employee lookup window via the "View.." button. My question is how can I use VBA to have this happen. I have tried adding the "ViewAllEmployeesbyEmployeeID" (field) and set the value property, so that I can default to "Favorites", but I am not sure how to set the favorites to the "Active emplo...

Error to install Project 2007 Professional after to install Office
Hi all, the original error language is spanish, I'll try to translate this. I installed Office 2007 Enterprise Edition without problem, then I tried to install Project 2007 Professiona edition and then I get de following error: "El programa de instalacion no puede continuar debido a los siguientes errores: 2007 Microsoft Office system no admite la actualizacion desde una version preliminar. desinstale cualquier versión preliminar de los productos de 2007 microsoft office y sus tecnologias asociadas. Solucione los problemas que se indican anteriormente y ejecute de...

Windows 7 update error code 8007000D
I just tried running windows upodate from the Control Panel and the Website and received an error 8007000D with the ever helpful message Windows entountered an unknown error. I have a clean new install of windows, not using the firewall or a proxy server. Any ideas? 8007000D - Error_invalid_data The directory cannot be removed How to troubleshoot Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 service pack installation issues [Errors 0x80070002; *0x8007000D*; 0x80073712; 0x800B0100; & 0x8024200D] http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366 Free unlimited installation and compatibili...

Update import possible in MS CRM 4 ?
Hello people, I need to do an update import on an existing MS CRM 4 database. This means that I don't want to create additional records, but rather check on a specific field and update other fields when I find a match. In this specific case I have a CSV-file with customer numbers and updated address information. I need to check for the customer numbers in CRM and, if found, have the new address information imported and overwritten over the existing address information. As far as I can see it, this is not possbible in MS CRM 4.0 ? Regards, Mav. On Feb 12, 2:06=A0am, EuroMaverick ...

ATTN STANLEY JONESRe: roaming profile??? do I need this thing? not enough memory to update
sorry bout that, don't exactly know all the posting etiquette- this post was from a while ago, you helped me out and I had a problem with the last post, could you follow up , where should I look fo r a reply?? Thanks , I am just learning this ...

Upgrading to exchange 2k3 SP2
Hi. I have a Server 2003 with No SP and Exchange 2003 with SP1. Now I need to upgrade to Server 2k3 SP1 and Exchange SP2. In what order should I apply the w2k3 Sp1 and Exc Sp2. Thanks On Wed, 10 May 2006 10:50:33 +0200, "Bjorn" <janne__s@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi. > >I have a Server 2003 with No SP and Exchange 2003 with SP1. > >Now I need to upgrade to Server 2k3 SP1 and Exchange SP2. In what order >should I apply the w2k3 Sp1 and Exc Sp2. > >Thanks > In the order they were released by Microsoft. You must install Windows 2003 SP1 before att...