viewing deleted items that are outgoing "sent" messages

Version: 2004
Processor: Power PC

Hi:

I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming messages, but the outgoing messages or "sent" messages have completely disappeared. Can someone please advise on how I can fix this? Thank you.

Diana
0
Diana_Kim (2)

"Diana_Kim@officeformac.com" wrote:

> I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until
> recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming
> messages, but the outgoing messages or "sent" messages have completely
> disappeared. Can someone please advise on how I can fix this? Thank you.

Under View in the Menu bar see if you have "Flagged Only" or "Unread only"
selected.

--
Diane

0
diane7495 (1195)

Sent Item not Showing Up
I'm at an office Running Office 97 and Outlook 2000. When they send at attached file from the Application, not Outlook, using Send To - Mail Recipient the message does not show up in the Sent Items bin of Outlook. There is apparently no record of it at all within my system although, obviously, the reciever knows it was sent. Is this an Office 97 problem? An Outlook 2000 problem? An interface problem or just this office's implementation. Thanks for any help. Tom Liberman tommylib@yahoo.com ...

Troubles with SENT event listener
Hello: I am using Norton Internet Security ("NIS") 2008, PGP Desktop ("PGP") 9.8 and SpeedFiler ("SF") all of which apparently listens to the event triggered when a message is sent in Outlook 2007. SpeedFiler's function is to automatically file email messages into the chosen Outlook folders when a message is sent. SpeedFiler's addon function fails to file about 50% of emails sent, apparently because it's not called, most likely because of some conflict in the SENT event listener. I have disabled the NIS's outgoing emails scanning, but still it...

export email sent to dist group
I highly doubt this is possible but want to be sure. For compliance reasons my company needs to provide all email's sent from to a dist group during a specific time frame. Since dist groups aren't mailboxes, I'm guessing it can't be done. But in case I'm not aware of another way - is there a way to search and export sent emails somehow? We do have off-site compliance setup - where all these email go...but the admin who knows it won't be available for several hours and I wanted to get a jump on it. Thanks for any info- ...

Multiple emails being sent out
I am running Outlook 2003 and I am having problems with outlook sending multiple copies of emails to my recipients. This is mainly happening when I use a distribution list. I have looked at the headers and they have different ESMTP id's that means that it is getting sent to the server twice. Yes, I have upgraded to the office SP1 patch. If anyone has any information to help me please email me at amccombs@bbbsky.org Adam McCombs <amccombs@bbbsky.org> wrote: > I am running Outlook 2003 and I am having problems with > outlook sending multiple copies of emails to my >...

Why Does Sent Email Show "In Progress"
Whenever I send an email in CRM, it's showing up as "In Progress" on the home page just under the "Create an Activity" Section on the right. Why does it do this? Any way to not have it do this? -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com ...

Prevent Emails From Being Sent To Yourself
One of my collegues wants "to eliminate your own email address when hitting "reply all". i.e. there is no need to reply to yourself. This creates extra emails and is a hassle to go in and delete my contact info each time." I think this occurs when responding to a mail list you're part of. Not so sure how to solve this problem - perhaps creating a mail rule to block mail addressed to yourself. Sometimes you might might want to receive mail this way, I would think. Any assistance is appreciated. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/replytoall.asp -- Diane P...

Sent Folders Empty
I have a user whose Sent Folder remains empty, even though the tools\options\email options\"save copies of messages in sent items folder" is enabled I am mystified. Any help would be appreciated Medman Check his views, have him select set items and then click on View-> Current view up at the top. It may be set to Unread Messages. Try setting it to just Messages. -- Dan Winter, MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers ...

Sent Items stuck in outbox
on occasions with larger files, my outbox appears to have a message stuck in it, but only to find that it has been delivered, multipe of times while still appearing in the outbox. does anyone else have this problem and what is the fix. thanks mike http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;q195922 >-----Original Message----- >on occasions with larger files, my outbox appears to have >a message stuck in it, but only to find that it has been >delivered, multipe of times while still appearing in the >outbox. > >does anyone else have this problem and ...

OL2000: Selecting "send page by e-mail" or "send link by e-mail" in Internet Explorer locks Outlook until message is sent
In Internet Explorer: File -> Send -> Page by E-mail / Link by E-mail. This will open a new message in Outlook. However, the user cannot leave this message open and do other work in Outlook - Outlook behaves as if this new message was a dialog box. This is very annoying. On another note, when selecting the "Page by E-mail" option, Outlook creates a .htm attachment of the web page when plain text is set as the default mail option instead of creating a HTML message. Outlook should let the user choose. Outlook Express creates a HTML message in this case. ...

No 'undeliverable message' msgs being sent
My exchange has a 10mg recieve and send limit. When this is breached exchange does not appear to be sending out an undeliverable message as it should be. So an external user sends a message to one of my users with attachments over 10mg, and the message just disappears with no notifications. Allow non-delivery reports is ticked under Exchange System Manager > Global Settings > Internet Message Formats Can anyone help? Thanks Are you certain that the message isn't being gobbled up by, say, a mail-sanitizing firewall or other relay? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protec...

Getting back the same document we sent.
Using Excel 2003... Monthly, we send excel spread sheets to clients who edit them and then send them back. Unfortunately, buy the time they send them back, they have usually renamed them. We are always worried that that are sending back an older excel spread sheet that they have worked on. It there any way to confirm the excel spread sheet we are getting back is the one se sent them (i.e. the most recent one?). It would have to be something they cannot edit, so merely adding a date cell or something like that would not work (unless you could lock only that cell without protecting t...

re: Changing subject/conversation text color <20061123223842noreply@takethisout.registrme.sent.com>
Never mind. I changed it with "Other Settings, Shade Group Headings". Couldn't change the color, but the color is now black on gray (my system setting) and is a lot better. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

Lost sent file folder
Previously I save my sent email in a folder. It has disappeared and I don't know how to set it up again to work properly. I am using Office 2003 with an XP machine. ...

Mail sent from empty Outbox !
OL2000: Very often I see message "sending from outbox" and something goes out even when outbox was empty. No trace of sent mail in Sent box. I use OL to read/send mail from my 3 different POP accounts, but this happens only with Compuserve acct. Use Norton Antivirus, Pest Patrol and Zone Alarm and none indicate any suspect activity. Any clue? On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 00:26:20 -0800, "Radi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >OL2000: Very often I see message "sending from outbox" and >something goes out even when outbox was empty. No trace o...

why does it say you have unsent messages in closing mail
box reads "you have unsent messages in your outbox. Do you want to send them now? Yes or No........ Click help from communties....... All messages have been deleted????? yet this box still appears every time I close windows mail? While you have the Outbox folder open, make sure the current View is "Show All Messages". If the problem continues, try running the various repair functions in the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil If still no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail: http://download.live.com/wlmail. It will automatically import all your W...

Outlook Web Access
hello, ive been using OWA for about a year w/o any problems. however recently, the Sent Items is acting strangely -- it is no longer using the paging rules as my other folders do. instead, it displays ALL messages in a single page. this is over 4,000 messages long! needless to say, its slow to the point of near unresponsiveness. for example, when i click on "Sent Items", instead of showing the first page, it shows an expandable [+] sign and my name, like so: [+] From: Matt Del Vecchio (Items: 4570) ....and when i click on it, OWA begins the long process of getting the messages re...

Promoting emails from Outlook Sent Folder
My company is running CRM ver 1.2.3297.0. (soon to be upgarding to 3.0). Up until a few weeks ago, I used to be able to promote emails from my Outlook Sent folder to CRM. Now when I go to promote emails from Sent Folder, I get "Error occurred while tring to promote the email, try again". Other users have the same issue. I can't even promote a sent item after moving it to another folder (seems the email is "tagged" for ineligibilty to promote". I can promote regular emails from the Inbox with no problem. Our CRM ops person claims it's "by design&qu...

I can't open an Excel file sent via a PC

Delete only specific emails in Sent Items using Mailbox Management
I am looking to delete only emails that have a specific Sender in multiple mailboxes in Sent Items folder. I have everything setup except the specific Sender part. Is this possible with Mailbox Management? thanks Matt I don't believe there's anyway to specify that... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] <willie44@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158774608.958382.326390@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I am looking to delete only emails that have a specific Sender in > multiple mailboxes in Sent Items folder. I have everything setup except > the specific Sender part. Is this p...

Clearing Unsent Messages (Outlook 2003)
I have my www/spamtrap email address deliberately configured so that it can receive emails, but it can't send. This prevents me accidentally validating the address to spammers. This works the way that I want it to. The only minor niggle that I have with it is that every once in a while when I click on send and receive it tells me that it is trying to send 7 emails on that account (which obviously fail). There's nothing in my outbox so has anyone got a suggestion as to how I can either delete these phantom emails, and/or find out what they are without actually sending them? TIA...

Server and domain name in header on sent mail
We are currently running Exchange 5.5/SP4, but will very soon move to Exchange 2003. Our current 5.5 system will NOT send anything to AOL. I've been told, and from what I've read it's true, that it's because the reverse lookup for our server doesn't jive. Our MX record is for mail.domain.com. What shows up in the headers on outgoing mail is our internal server name and our internal active directory domain (instead of mail.domain.com). How can I replace our internal server name and AD name in the headers with "mail.domain.com"? We are NOT spammers. However se...

"The message could not be sent"
Dear sir/madam, I don't understand why the system rejects requests to send certain emails. The above email is very important & needs to be received very soon, so your assistance is valuable at this time. Thank you so much, Ian Boyle. I use a microsoft windows Vista programme. Without providing some details of just what this "rejects requests to send" consists of, we can't help. Don't you get an error message when you try to send? If so, right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) --...

message rule for outgoing messages (sent items)
How can I set a message rule for all outgoing messages to be auto-copied to another folder? In other words, how can I have all messages in my "sent items" folder automatically copied (as they are entered) to another folder? I have MS Outlook Express 6. ...

Macro does not work when sent to another computer
I made a quick macro for my job and it works great on my computer but when I send it to another machine, there is a complier error. Both Machines are using 2007 and the file is saved as a .xlsm I enabled macros on both machines and other macros I made on the worksheet work. So there is just a problem with this one macro when it goes to another macine. Here is the code: ActiveCell.Select ActiveCell.Formula = Time ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "hh:mm AM/PM" ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select That's is. Just a simple code Any suggestions? Worked on my xl2007 but I m...

WM5 and duplicate sent emails
I have just setup remote activesync from my PDA and am testing our config. The problem I am getting that when I send from the PDA two emails are being delivered to the recipient and I can't see why. I have been able to see that only a single mail apprears in the Outbox but after sending there are two in sent items and the two emails are received. Monitoring the queues shows two outgoing emails. The setup is two exchange servers at different locations with two separate SMTP connectors, the servers are Exchange 2003 SP2 + all security patches and the PDA is WM5. I have ISA 2006 between the L...