VBA Macro Error - even If I don=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=B4?=t use it

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

Hello,

I�m running in a pretty bad problem: If I write in MSOffice 2008 a number followed by a letter like "5a" on a new line I get an error "This command is not available in this Version of Microsoft Word"

It seems that word want�s to make a lookup for a VBA script - which is not supported anymore, so in panic they write the message on the screen. But instead I really want to write only 5a. Is there a button to switch of those interpretations? It was not an issue with 2004 and not on windows.

Any idea?

Thanks
0
wolfi (4)

"MSOffice 2008" is a suite of 4 primary programs. In which one(s) is this
happening? I'm assuming Word based on the error message, but I've tried it
in both Word & Excel without being able to reproduce what you're describing.

Please give complete details including exact version number, which program &
whether this happens in one specific document, new documents, all documents,
plus any other facts which might be useful.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/2/08 5:51 AM, in article 59b52f66.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"wolfi@officeformac.com" <wolfi@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
> Processor: Power PC
>
> Hello,
>
> I�m running in a pretty bad problem: If I write in MSOffice 2008 a number
> followed by a letter like "5a" on a new line I get an error "This command is
> not available in this Version of Microsoft Word"
>
> It seems that word want�s to make a lookup for a VBA script - which is not
> supported anymore, so in panic they write the message on the screen. But
> instead I really want to write only 5a. Is there a button to switch of those
> interpretations? It was not an issue with 2004 and not on windows.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks

> "MSOffice 2008" is a suite of 4 primary programs. In which one(s) is this
> happening? I'm assuming Word based on the error message, but I've tried it
> in both Word & Excel without being able to reproduce what you're describing.
>
> Please give complete details including exact version number, which program &
> whether this happens in one specific document, new documents, all documents,
> plus any other facts which might be useful.
>
> Regards |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>

> On 7/2/08 5:51 AM, in article 59b52f66.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
> "wolfi@officeformac.com" wrote:
>
> > Version: 2008
> > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
> > Processor: Power PC
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I&#65533;m running in a pretty bad problem: If I write in MSOffice 2008 a number
> > followed by a letter like "5a" on a new line I get an error "This command is
> > not available in this Version of Microsoft Word"
> >
> > It seems that word want&#65533;s to make a lookup for a VBA script - which is not
> > supported anymore, so in panic they write the message on the screen. But
> > instead I really want to write only 5a. Is there a button to switch of those
> > interpretations? It was not an issue with 2004 and not on windows.
> >
> > Any idea?
> >
> > Thanks

Sorry for beeing not so exact: it happens in Word, I use 12.1.0 (build 80409) eg I type 1234a
then the error window comes up. It happens in a new document and in old ones, I use standard MS templates, no real customization

Wolfram
0
wolfi (4)
7/2/2008 12:37:26 PM
wolfi@officeformac.com wrote:
> Sorry for beeing not so exact: it happens in Word, I use 12.1.0 (build 80409) eg I type 1234a
> then the error window comes up. It happens in a new document and in old ones, I use standard MS templates, no real customization
>
> Wolfram

I have a vague memory of a similar bug with the German version.... What
language are your menus in?
0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
7/2/2008 1:44:14 PM
I have a Mac running on a german version running on 10.4.11, but the offic version is an english version

Wolfi
0
wolfi (4)
7/2/2008 2:06:38 PM
Huh. Are you typing in German when this happens?  Does it still happen
if you change the language tagging in use via Tools | Language?

Also, can you uncheck the top-level "automatically correct...." box in
Tools | AutoCorrect, and see if it still happens?  You probably need to
uncheck the box twice, one for each test language.

wolfi@officeformac.com wrote:
> I have a Mac running on a german version running on 10.4.11, but the offic version is an english version
>
> Wolfi

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
7/2/2008 2:15:50 PM
5a or something isn�t german at all, but your answer leaded me to the autocorrect thing, I switched it off and ... it works !
So there is a bug in the autocorrect, but who cares.

Many many thanks !
Wolfi
0
wolfi (4)
7/2/2008 2:46:38 PM
Okay, glad you are sorted.

If you find that you want back AutoCorrect--that top-level box is the
main switch--it may be possible to narrow the problem down to one of the
subordinate settings and only turn that one off.

In addition, cmd-z directly after an AutoCorrection will Undo it.

wolfi@officeformac.com wrote:
> 5a or something isn´t german at all, but your answer leaded me to the autocorrect thing, I switched it off and ... it works !
> So there is a bug in the autocorrect, but who cares.
>
> Many many thanks !
> Wolfi

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)

Is there a formular or format to change 1 to one
Is there a formular or format to change a number "1" into the word "one". Hi Kevin, See: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html --- Regards, Norman "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C099B0B-82F6-44FB-AD72-B0F726256F96@microsoft.com... > Is there a formular or format to change a number "1" into the word "one". See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.micro...

Compile Error: Can't Find Project or Library
I have a spreadsheet containing 7 userforms and 9 modules. The spreadsheet has been developed on the same computer for a number of years and remained stable. However, I now want to make some amendments to one of the userforms. Whenever I make any changes to the UserForm_Initialize statement (even entering a blank space), I get the compile error 'can't find project or library'. Does anyone know why this happens and, more importantly, how to stop it. ...

Macro

XmlSchemaSet Compile error ?
Here under 4 schemas i'm working with ( it may be long: sorry...) The context is the following : Resident.xsd imports Person.xsd and includes Common.xsd ( anonimous schema: no TargetNamespace ) Person.xsd includes Common-Naming.xsd ( anonimous schemas ) Common-Naming.xsd includes common.xsd ( both are anonimous schemas ) Compilation of Resident.xsd raise the following exception: "System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaException: The attribute 'oid' already exists...." That is wrong : the schemas are valid and well done ( Xml-Spy ). The problem seems to be that Common.xsd app...

Attached Toolbars Macros

Outlook Today
Outlook 2002 - Outlook Today allows customizing. When I select the style names Summer and save changes it shows up for that session. Next time I start Outlook it's back at the default. Is this a bug??? Don in San Antonio <donr@att.net> wrote: > Outlook 2002 - Outlook Today allows customizing. When I select the > style names Summer and save changes it shows up for that session. > Next time I start Outlook it's back at the default. Is this a bug??? Try setting it in the registry directly. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm -- Brian Tillman "...

Run macro automatically.

Help with macro/and or formula?

How to Use One PST file on Two Computers?
Hello: I have a desktop machine with a pst file in my Outlook 2003. I would like to copy this pst file to my laptop. How do I synchronize the same file on 2 machines so I won't get duplicate e-mails? I use one premium Yahoo e-mail account and several free Yahoo accounts with YahooPOPs.. Thanks in advance, Spudy Hi Spudy, it is not possible by default to share PST files. A list of a list of third-party synctools are also on this site: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm On the Microsoft Office Marketplace site is a list of third-party messaging tools: http://office.microsoft.com...

Unhandled object exception error message
Hi, one of our staff is receiving this message when trying to export an excel document from Smartlist: Unhandled object exception: Unable to set the Interactive property of the Application class EXCEPTION_CLASS_OBJECT_EXCEPTION Does anyone know what this means and/or how I can resolve the problem ...

Some macro help with shelling out to other program
We are using VNC in house to do remote control between workstations. As there are over 25 of them, I would like to set up a little macro in Excel (2003) that when run, displays a list of user names along with a box prompting for which # on the list you want to connect to. Here's what I have so far: ---- Sub RunVNC() Shell ("c:\program files\hyena\vncviewer.exe sv-ws6") End Sub ---- I would like to see something like: 1. Payroll 2. Receivables 3. Accountant 4. Reception Please enter the number to connect to: Typing 1 and pressing ENTER would run the Shell command abov...

Missing DLL file prevents me using PST Files?
Hello - I posted on here a while ago asking for help as following a company merger I cannot use PST files in Outlook 2000 (Windows NT machine). I have been told that work have removed a DLL file which is causing this. Do any of you have experience of this? If so any idea what DLL file I need to add back in? Many thanks, Carl. Do you mean that the corporate IT removed the DLL so you can't use PSTs? Do they have a good reason for this? "Carl Jarvis" <carljarvis@nothankyouforthespammister.co.uk> wrote in message news:1125040515.4863.0@nnrp-t71-03.news.uk.clara.ne...

Query Based Address List using boolean "company1 or company2" possible?
Hello, I'm trying to make a query based address list for multiple companies so that all those from company1 or those from company2 will be included in the address list. I've tried just adding both filters "company is exactly company1" and then the next of "company is exactly company2" through System Manager>Recipients>All Address Lists, Right click, click Filter rules>Advanced Tab... but it yields no results, as it appears it's and'ing them (if company = company1 and company=company2). Is there a way I can make a filter to include both companies w...

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

Hyperlinks that I recieve in e-mails don't work in outlook 2003
LMT <LMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Ask your question in the body of the message, not the subject. If you're using Internet Explorer, try this: click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman "Brian Tillman" wrote Thanks Brian worked great. LMT > LMT <LMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > <nothing> > > Ask your question in the body of the message, not the subject. > > If you're using Internet Explorer, try this: click Tools>Internet > Options>...

Dex 11 error
I am getting the flowing error when using test mode. This error occurs before the login screen appears and when error I click the server drop down. Has anybody ran into this error before? Unhandled script exception: Could not load external 'DexIsODBCsqlDriver@GPDWIN32.dll'. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_MEMORY SCRIPT_CMD_EXTERN Reinstalling the application will help. -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com&...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

vba select field

Using CListCtrl #3
Does application get any notification message, when List Item is losing Selection? I need to apply some checks and want to prevent deselection in some cases? ...

VLOOKUP in VBA

I can't change fonts. Why??
Hello! I have a strange problem, with Publisher. I only can use some basic fonts in textboxes. If I choose one (for example Jokerman), the font bar jumps back to Times or to other basic fonts. I have this problem on Vista-Office2007 Beta 2, XP SP2-Office 2003, XP SP2-Office 2000 too. What is interesting, that I can use all of them in the Wordart. In Word I can use all of the fonts too. What could be the matter? Could you help me? Thanks, Gábor from Hungary. ...