Vanishing Entourage Message Text

OK, so here's a good one.  On the MacBook Pro, running latest OS and up
to date Office 2004, some email messages display no text.

Toggling the "display complex HTML" does not resolve this.

If I get the same message forwarded through another user, it often
displays properly.

Suggestions?

Dan

Hi Dan,

are you by any chance connected to an Exchange 2003 server? If yes,
Microsoft released a patch a week or two ago which introduced a bug in OWA.
They are aware of the problem and working on a fix.

If that does not explain your problem, you'll have to post back and be more
specific: what kind of email account? What do these messages have in common?
etc., basically anything that you might consider important.

On 19.05.06 17:26, in article
1148055961.250490.97990@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, "mrspeakers@yahoo.com"

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

***Always reply to the newsgroup.***

0
m.bintener (18)
5/19/2006 6:02:17 PM
We do run Exchange 2003.  What is the patch in question, and when did
it come out?

The account in question is my Exchange account.  The pages appear to be
plain text.  I can see the text when I view the same message in
Firefox, so this feels to me like it may be an Entourage bug/problem.

Dan

You can find more details in the following thread in the Entourage
newsgroup: <http://tinyurl.com/rutaq> (the entire Google Groups URL would
have been larger than one line and would most likely have been broken
because of that, so I used the TinyURL version for this instead.)

On 19.05.06 19:55, in article
1148064954.547511.212210@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com,

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP
Office:Mac (Entourage & Word)

***Always reply to the newsgroup.***

0
m.bintener (18)
5/19/2006 7:55:26 PM
That looks like the problem, we'll check it out.  Thanks, Michel.

Receptionist needs to forward messages to 8 persons, which system
I need to set up a new system at work to forward messages, monitor time for staff to return calls... Can this be done with outlook exchange. The forward could (should?) be done on the server. Ask your webhost. Or you can create a rule in OL. ;-) "Lyne" <Lyne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5890475-152B-4D95-9621-4CC2016C75EB@microsoft.com... > I need to set up a new system at work to forward messages, monitor time for > staff to return calls... Can this be done with outlook exchange. ...

Currency in text box
How can i get a text box to be displayed as currency instead of jus numeric on a userform. you will see from the attached picture that the recommended sellin price which works from a vlookup displays the Currency � symbol, where as the text box which is a manual entry does not. Please Help And +---------------------------------------------------------------- | Attachment filename: text box.gif |Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=365653 +---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------...

error message when sending to group
I'm getting an error message OX80040601 while trying to send to a group of 36 folks. Been sending to this same group for a long time, even made group smaller. Small message of 2 lines of text, only. Still getting stuck & not sending & yet sema message going to the rest of my groups. Ideas? Version? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer jan <anonymous@discussio...

Sync Entourage and iCal?
can anyone help me with syncing entourage (my main calendar) with iCal? Thanks, jda2003@mac.com jda2003: > can anyone help me with syncing entourage (my main > calendar) with iCal? If it's Entourage 2004 you're using, you can get Pal Berkowitz's Sync Entourage-iCal sripts set: http://scriptbuilders.net/category.php?search=entourage- ical AFAIK, there's no solution with Entourage v.X -- Bernard Rey MVP office:macintosh On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 03:13:54 -0500, Bernard Rey wrote (in article <594001c4810d$798bcea0$a401280a@phx.gbl>): > AFAIK, there's no sol...

Not receiving emails in Entourage after setting it up
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have done everything according to set up, changing identities, checking and rechecking everything in account set up according to my isp, created new account user multiple times, etc and I still can't get email from yahoo. I have been working on this all day and I am ready to give up.. On 5/29/10 7:12 PM, in article 59bb9282.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Cynjere@officeformac.com" <Cynjere@officeformac.com> wrote: > I still can't get email from yahoo. You can�t ...

How can I get my text to arc in Visio?
I have a circular pie chart. I want my text in various places on the outside of the ciruclar pie chart to arc with the circle. I know how to add text boxes, but they don't arc--they are flat across the usual way (since visio doesn't support it) is to copy it from something like powerpoint. al "michobrien" <michobrien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6593E93-8E62-4BEE-87F4-79B395F11F91@microsoft.com... >I have a circular pie chart. I want my text in various places on the >outside > of the ciruclar pie chart to arc with the circle. I k...

the file vanishes!
....I hope someone can shed some light on what may be not a Word problem. Simply, I was typing away in Word 2002 when the computer made a small noise and - my file disappeared. Word stayed open but the doc was gone. This happened on a new Acer Aspire N270 Netbook with a 1gb Atom processor and 160gb HD. The Word isn't the one it came with on trial but one I installed. At the time the battery wasn't installed. I'm told that if you run it with the adapter and house current while the battery is fully charged, the life of the Li-on battery is reduced. However, I don'...

Out of office message OLXP
I can't find the out of office feature and I also can't create an email template using word. I thought I used to be able this in OL2K but in XP I can't figure it out. HHHEEEELLLPPP!!!! Out og office is under the menu tools/out of office assistant >-----Original Message----- >I can't find the out of office feature and I also can't create an email >template using word. I thought I used to be able this in OL2K but in XP I >can't figure it out. HHHEEEELLLPPP!!!! > > >. > No, its not. Not on mine or my friends. That's my problem. Than...

Vanishing borders ?
I'm a long time Publisher user and recently have been experiencing a problem with vanishing borders. It doesn't happen all the time but when it happens it's like ruthless! It happens with text boxes, images, shapes,and sometimes just simple lines and I can't seem to put my finger on the precise setting or situation(s) that trigger the problem. The typical way the probblem manifests is like I select an object, set a black border color from the tool bar, then select a border thickness and everything looks and prints as expected .... BUT, if I save and close the file an...

Curved Text
I want to use either Publisher or Word to create curved text. The first part of my text is to curve downwards, as if it was sitting on a invisible circle. The second part of the text is to curve upwards, as if it was also sitting on a invisible circle. I looked in the index at the back of the large 1,583- page "Inside Out" manual and cannot locate the instructions. Did the programmers forget to include this function when they designed the program? In Publisher 2000 you would use Word Art (the Big red W blue A on the left side of the screen). After creating your text cha...

Three problems: Preparing to Send Messages popup and spam folder won't empty, and messages duplicate
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap I'm running into three problems: The first is one I hoped would have disappeared when I upgraded from 2004 to 2008 a couple months ago. At seemingly random (or maybe incremental?) times, I get a dialogue box that pops up that says &quot;Preparing to Send Messages&quot; that I imagine uploads messages from my desktop to the server or something like that. But the number keeps getting bigger and it often occurs when I'm in the middle of typing an e-mail and interrupts what I'...

Entourage Inbox Not Syncing
Hello all, On Saturday just after 3:00pm my Entourage inbox stopped syncing. As far as I know, I didn't change any settings. The sent mail kept syncing until Monday just after 1:00pm...weird to ssay the least eh? Can anyone help me here? Our exchange server provider is mailstreet.com and the only help they offered was to create a new account profile. I have done that but all of the preferences were reset and my folders are all gone. I would rather get my original profile to work again. Thanks! AJ P.S. When I was using the mailstreet website to access e-mail everythin...

Message comes as an attachment

vanishing sent items
Hi there, I'm having a really weird problem in outlook. I have both outlook express, and the outlook from office XP installed. In both outlooks, the sent mail doesnt show up in the sent items folder, although the setting "save sent email in sent items folder.." is active. I really can't figure out what's going on, I have searched the knowledge base too but to no avail. Can anyone shed some light on this? Make sure your view is set to show all messages; not just unread View-> Current view -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -...

'Unknown Error' in Entourage Address Book
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Hi <br><br>This problem started for me a few months back, I think after an Office software upgrade...Entourage started crashing, so I did a rebuild of my database (twice) and it has stopped crashing however, I can no longer open my Entourage address book or add anything to it. When I try to open it, it comes up with a message 'Entourage cannot open the item due to an error - An unknown error has occurred in Entourage'. I have also sometimes had a message telling me my da...

How to calculate REAL text extent.cx
Anyone know how to calculate the x extent of a string? I've tried GetTextExtent() and the width is short. GetCharABCWidths() returns the same width as GetTextExtent(). I'm trying to adjust the rectangle to fit around the text dynamically. I'm using TEXTMETRIC to get the y extent which work well enough but the tm.tmAveCharWidth is too little and the tm.tmMaxCharWidth is tooo much. I need something that is juuuuuuuust right. Thanks "Michael" <NOSPAMmao@vnet.net> wrote in message news:ete6DQM$DHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to calculate the x e...

Importing data into Entourage X
Hi, I am trying to import data into Entourage X that came from Outlook Express 5.02. When I import in Entourage from the file menu, I get an error stating that the data can't be imported using this version of Entourage. What do I do?? Please any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in Advance, M Rideout On 6/8/04 10:08 AM, in article 19bdc01c44d7b$31c75640$a501280a@phx.gbl, "M Rideout" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > I am trying to import data into Entourage X that came > from Outlook Express 5.02. When I import in Entourage > f...

Unviewable messages received
I have XP and use Outlook 2007 for my email. Since I changed to the 2007 version, some emails come through in coding instead of a readable/viewable email. If I open the same email in Outlook Express or squirrel mail, it comes through in the usual format. The unviewable emails are mostly from travel sites I have signed up for. Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how I can fix it. Here's an example: Shots<http://image.email.webshots.com/lib/fef41378706601/i/1/ada14959-d. gif> Webshots Weekly Pro Shots <http://click.email.webshots.com/?qs=31c370596e67f65f63b1cbef44...

Desktop vanishes
I have a similar problem (vanishing desktop) I use Windows XP Professional SP3 on a Dell PC. A) Since Friday 15 January when I launch a program via any icon on my desktop, all icons disappear from the desktop. Also I can no longer right-click on the desktop to get Arrange Icons by/Show desktop icons. When I press Show Desktop on the Taskbar my icons reappear. When I go to the Guest account I do not experience the above problems. Everything works normally there. But when I return to my own desktop there is no longer any way that I can get my icons back. Only the wallpaper is stil...

How to set Page Layout View as default when composing new eMail message?
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 (German) with MS Office Word as my E-Mail Editor. When composing a new eMail message, default view is always "Normal". I would like it to be "Page Layout" (or "Print Layout" in some Word version, I guess). I tried serveral things, from changing different templates (email.dot, normal.dot, mail.oft) to changing the Form for messages. But I didn't find a way to change the view here, because it's in Outlook style, not Word. And I didn't find any setting in Word for it. How can I change the default View? And which templ...

Messages deleting in Outlook
I have a user using Outlook 2000 on a Win2000 based computer. We are running Exchange server 5.5. All patches and fixes are current on the Exchange server, OS, and Office. Messages come into the inbox and then magically disappear. I have turned off archiving, and syncing with the .pst file but no help. I have recreated the profile but again no hlep. This happens almost daily, sometimes more than once per day. Any ideas. Help In article <0f4e01c3bffd$600160c0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, rstrand@dentsplyfc.com says... |I have a user using Outlook 2000 on a Win2000 based |computer....

Messages in Outlook client but not on OWA!
When I log into Outlook I can see my e-mails, but when I log into Outlook Web Access I can't see them. Any ideas? Check your delivery point, verify that it is not a personal folder in Outlook. Also check Views in Outlook. On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:36:55 +0100, "Stephen Aldous" <steve@blah.com> wrote: >When I log into Outlook I can see my e-mails, but when I log into Outlook >Web Access I can't see them. Any ideas? > Worked it out in the end. Was using POP in Outlook and it was removing the messages from the server. Thanks anyway. "Andy David - Exch...

"A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients"
I'm hoping someone can offer a simple solution for this problem. Thanks much in advance. A local company is running SBS 2003 and has a domain name of "xxx.com" The partners split and the server was kept as "xxx.com" in Active Directory but the email domain was changed to "yyy.com". We couldn't change the Active Directory domain since it's not allowed in SBS 2003. So, DNS is still set up with "xxx.com". Now, when the secretary tries to send email to "oldowner@xxx.com", we receive the message in the subject above. Is there an easy...

Text box moves around
I have inserted a text box into an embedded chart. When the chart is activated (clicked on), the text box is in the position I want it. But as soon as the chart is de-activated (i click somewhere else in the spreadsheet), the text box repositions itself up and to the left. When I click back on the chart it moves back into the correct position, and so on. I might add that if the zoom is set at 100% then the text box stays where it should. If it is not at 100%, then the problem happens. If I zoom in and out, the text box does not resize along with the chart, and ends up in wrong pla...

Leave A Copy Of Messages On The Server
My coworker's PC does not have the option check box to "Leave a Copy of Messages on the Server". It doesn't show up. It doesn't show up in both Outlook Express 6 nor Outlook 2003. Can anyone answer why he doesn't have this function and how to change it? He has to go into our on-line email server and delete his old messages manually. Raymund <Raymund@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My coworker's PC does not have the option check box to "Leave a Copy > of Messages on the Server". It doesn't show up. What type of account? -- ...