using 2004 on two comps. simultaneously #2

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

hi

My wife and I both use Office 2004. We cannot use Word simultaneously. If one of us is using it, the other's closes. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks

C Silverman
Los Angeles, CA

On 10/31/09 7:45 PM, in article 59b7fb66.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Chuck_Silverman@officeformac.com" <Chuck_Silverman@officeformac.com> wrote:

> My wife and I both use Office 2004. We cannot use Word simultaneously. If one
> of us is using it, the other's closes. Is there a workaround for this?

Not with a standard version. Upgrade to Office 2008 Home & Student version
and you can both install and use at the same time. You can also each use the
key to install on my laptop and one desktop for each person.

If you don't need Exchange you can get Office 2008 very reasonably from
Amazon with free shipping. $121.99 (price can vary slightly)

<http://tinyurl.com/4ydu2u>

--
Diane

Hi Chuck;

Just to clarify a bit, nobody "buys Office", they buy a license to *use*
Office & each retail license applies to a single user. That user is entitled
to install on one stationary & one portable system, but is not allowed to
run any of the software on both at the same time. If the computers are on
the same network there are safeguards built in that prevent doing so. That
applies to any installations on separate Macs if the same Product Key is
used for those installations.

The only *legitimate* "workaround" is for each user to install using their
own respective Product Key (license). IOW, either you or your wife need an
additional license, which can only be had (for the retail package) by
purchasing another copy of Office.

As Diane points out, the Office 2008 Home & Student Edition (referred to as
Student/Teacher in 2004 & prior) includes 3 Product Keys (licenses), so up
to 3 users can install the software as indicated above. Each of the other
editions include only one license. You also have to consider, however, that
the Home & Student licenses do not permit commercial/business use of the
software -- they're for personal (not-for-profit) use only.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/31/09 9:45 PM, in article 59b7fb66.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Chuck_Silverman@officeformac.com" <Chuck_Silverman@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2004
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
> Processor: Power PC
>
> hi
>
> My wife and I both use Office 2004. We cannot use Word simultaneously. If one
> of us is using it, the other's closes. Is there a workaround for this?
>
> Thanks
>
> C Silverman
> Los Angeles, CA

Reports issue #2
Hi all, I have two different CRM setups, and I'm running through the same issue. It's impossible to generate reports from CRM. Here are the configurations : 1) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0, and a windows server 2003 w/ SQL 2005 & Report Server 2) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0 and SQL 2008 with Report Server Both Windows2k8 are domain controllers, and in the first setup the two servers are in the same domain. My report services are running with the network service account. When I want to get a report from CRM, I got the following message : "Reporting Error. The repor...

Physical Inventory question #2
I have a store owner who would like to run a Physical Inventory Sheet that does NOT include items with a qty of 0. I don't see a filter for OnHand <> 0. First, I'd like to see if anybody knows if something like this CAN be done. Secondly, I've suggested (and gave her instructions) on how to take all items that have zero quantities that she no longer wants to sell, and mark them as inactive first, then do a physical inventory based on the filter of Inactive = No. Do others run their physical inventories this way? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance for any...

Importing XML in SQL Server 2005 in .Net 2.0
Hello All, I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there any way we can import XML file having schema into database? Neo Hello Neo, N> I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there N> any way we can import XML file having schema into database? What exactly are you trying to do? e.g., load XML into an XML typed column or load XML into one or more tables? Do you already have a schema? Note: Adding to m.p.ss.xml for easier tracking. Thanks! Kent Tegels DevelopMentor http://staff.develop.com/ktegels/ Yes, I have schema. I have also c...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

synchronizing #2
I was wondering if anyone knew how to sychronize office XP with two different computers. If you know please let me knows. Thanks ...

Include two different page orientations into one document
I have publisher 2000 and I need to include 2 different documents with 2 differnt page orientations (portrait and landscape) into one document. Please help! Rotate the text and images on one page 90�. Or, create two files. -- Don Vancouver, USA "forest3girl" <forest3girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DADE117-0B7B-4ADF-B4FF-196CC4639ACC@microsoft.com... > I have publisher 2000 and I need to include 2 different documents with 2 > differnt page orientations (portrait and landscape) into one document. > > Please help! ...

using forms

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.2 Update
What Mac 11.3.2 update? I know nothing about such a Mac OS update. Help! The 11.3.2 update is for Office 2004, not for Mac OS X. Here's how you can get it: In Office 2004, use Microsoft AutoUpdate to get the latest updates. From any Office application, go to Help > Check for Updates (or manually launch Microsoft AutoUpdate from the Applications folder). If any updates are needed, they will display in a sheet, at which point you can check them and press the "Install" button to download and install them. Updates can also be found at the Microsoft web site: <http://www...

Using Spanish on Publisher

Taking Certian Data only from 2 Spreadsheets
Hi All, I have 39 Excel Spreadsheets & there are only certain figures i woul like in each spreadsheet & they are all in the same Coloumn & row. would like these figures to go into another spreadsheet i have create how can i do this?? Is it possible? Can i transfer them over into a ne spreadsheet so within this new sheet i then can caculate them all. Woul appreciate all the help. Cheers Wil -- william444 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- william4444's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3399 View this...

email que #2
I recieved a concern that email was not being recieved until some time after it was sent. After looking into the situation I found that the messages were hanging in the que. ex. If I look in the que a message will be ther from 1 hour ago, What would cause this and how do I fix this so email is sent immideatley?? ...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Windows in taskbar #2
The windows in taskbar box keeps getting "unchecked" while working in different execel spreadsheets. I re-check it and save/close the box, but it continues to happen. Any ideas to correct this? Richard From a posting by Debra Dalgleish............. There's some information in the following MSKB article: OFF2000: Only One Icon Visible in Taskbar When "Windows in Taskbar" Option Is Selected http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=215816 and the following advice from Dave Peterson '========================== From: Dave Peterson (ec35720@msn.com) Su...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

scatter plots using pivot table data