Upgrade from Word 2001 to Office 2001?

Too late?

I use 2001 versions of Word and Excel on my iMac with OS 9.2.

When installed, they created Microsoft Office 2001 folders--but without
the additional software like PowerPoint (Outlook or Entourage).

PowerPoint would be real handy now. Is there still a way I can upgrade
to Office for it? Or, even use updater downloads...?

Please advise if anyone knows.
Thanks,
Josef

JosefVenice@verizon.net
PS Please reply direct to email.

0
JosefKlus (1)

Hi Josef
  Because you are using OS9.2, you cannot upgrade to Office X, or Office
2004, but you can use Word 2001, or Excel 2001 to upgrade to the full
version of Office 2001.  You cannot download the full version of PowerPoint,
only the PowerPoint Viewer, it only lets you view the presentations, it
doesn't let you make them, here's the link

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/downl
oad/office98/powerpoint98viewer.xml&secid=20&ssid=7&flgnosysreq=False

If you want to buy it, Office 2001 is a little hard to find now, but it is
still out there, you just need to look for it.  Here are a couple of links
to help you get started:

Office 2001
http://store.yahoo.com/softwaremedia-store/ms-73100291.html

PowerPoint 2001
http://www.shentech.com/mscd50282mc.html

If you end up having any issues with this stuff, Microsoft still supports
Office 2001.

-Bruce
bthompson@gmail.com

On 1/22/05 4:28 PM, in article
1106425727.613220.249070@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com,
"JosefKlus@verizon.net" <JosefKlus@verizon.net> wrote:

> Too late?
>
> I use 2001 versions of Word and Excel on my iMac with OS 9.2.
>
> When installed, they created Microsoft Office 2001 folders--but without
> the additional software like PowerPoint (Outlook or Entourage).
>
> PowerPoint would be real handy now. Is there still a way I can upgrade
> to Office for it? Or, even use updater downloads...?
>
> Please advise if anyone knows.
> Thanks,
> Josef
>
> JosefVenice@verizon.net
> PS Please reply direct to email.

0
brucesp2 (2)

Microsoft Word Starts Only in Safe Mode after Adobe Acrobat Instal
Microsoft Word will only start in Safe Mode ever since Adobe Acrobat was installed. It seems related to Adobe's automatic installation of toolbar objects in both Outlook and Word. Word reports that there were problems starting Word and tries to recover documents. It then wants to send an error message to Microsoft and then refuses to open unless the Safe mode is chosen. Anybody have this problem before? Any ideas on what the resolution is? I have suggestions on how to remove the annoying Adobe toolbar objects, but no suggestions on how to get Word to open in regular...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

MS Word
EVEN WHEN I CLICK THE INVISIBLES BUTTON, THEY REMAIN ON, HOW DO YOU TUEN THEM OFF? Roger Migdow <roger@rm-pro.com> wrote: > EVEN WHEN I CLICK THE INVISIBLES BUTTON, THEY REMAIN ON, HOW > DO YOU TUEN THEM OFF? What version of Word do you use? What do you mean by "the invisibles button"? The button to hide/show the nonprinting characters (tabs, spaces and so on)? If so, have a look under "view" in the preferences menu . Are the non-printing characters that you want to turn off checked? If so, uncheck them! The hide/show nonprinting characters button only t...

Installing Office 2000 (Word) on XP with pre-installed 2007
I installed my copy of Office 2000 on a 6-months old XP computer that had Office 2007 pre-installed. Thereafter, Excel 2000 works but when I open Word 2000, I get a blank document, as expected, but no tools or buttons at the top. I believe 2000 is trying to use tool files from 2007. I have tried to load Office 2000 into its own directory named "Microsoft Office 2000" but the install does not allow me to select the program files subdirectory. Could I temporarily change the "\Microsoft Office" subdirectory name which contains Office 2007 to "\Microsoft ...

Word 2007 type Features
Still finding my way around the type features in word 2007. I would like to: - generate type that has one color on its face and a different color on the sides - generate type that has one color on its face and cast a shadow of another color - find what happened to the 'emboss' feature in formating text Much appreciation for guidance Hi Maurice, In general, the keyboard shortcuts from previous versions of Word also work in Word 2007. One of those shortcuts is Ctrl+D, which opens the Font dialog box. In the Font dialog box, you will find options for creating at leas...

Upgrading the CPU?

Where is the A3 page size in Word 2007?
A3 page size doesn't appear in my drop down menu. Where is it? as I want to insert an A3 document in my report. The selection of paper sizes is provided by the printer driver. Is your printer capable of printing A3? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD71E715-A115-484B-B2FA-A544F7CC950D@microsoft.com... > A3 page size doesn't appear in my drop down menu. Where is it? as I want > to > insert an A3 document in ...

8.0 Upgrade

Setting Out Of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am having a problem setting out of office. I can connect to the Exchange Server (Exchange 2007 - I don't know what SP) and send/receive mail, access the GAL, view public folders, view free/busy information and other people's calendars, etc. However when I try to set Out of Office I get a message saying I cannot connect to the Exchange server. Any ideas where I can start to diagnose this problem. On 2010-04-17 03:31:46 -0400, Brendan_O_Rourke@officeformac.com said: > Exc...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

word attachments on email`
HELP!!! I just discovered that most of my Word attachments on my Outlook Express emails are getting weeded out. As in, NOT GETTING TO THEIR INTENDED DESTINATION! CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS??? THX, charlie ...

Out of office #19
MS OFFICE 2000 SR Pro How do I set up an "Out of office"message on Outlook 2000? All info please! If you don't connect to an Exchange server, there is no automatic out of office autoreply. You'd have to spoof it with rules, and note that this means leaving Outlook open, and connected to the internet, for the duration of your absence. See http://www.slipstick.com/rules/index.htm for help. Also see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=196718 - it explains how to set up a template so that autoreply fires only once per sender (as Out of Office does) to avoid mail loops. Spence ...

Will Publisher 2002 work with Office 2003?
I have Publisher 2002 and I'm needing to update my Office software for school to 2003. Will my Publisher 2002 still work with Office 2003? Hi LaLana (LaLana@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have Publisher 2002 and I'm needing to update my Office software || for school to 2003. Will my Publisher 2002 still work with Office || 2003? Yes it will. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Better watch it Brian. the last t...

XP Upgrade

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

how to link multilevel numbering to different style Word 2007
In Office 2007 I regularly switch languages (UK-Dutch) by using Multi Language Settings. When I (in "Dutch" mode) want to apply headings, in the Ribbon they are shown as "Kop 1", "Kop 2" etc. in stead of "Heading 1", "Heading 2" as they are shown in the UK setting. When I additionally want to apply outline numbering, this doesn't work properly. Only the (actual) paragraph assigned "Kop 1"-style to, loses its style and turns into standard formatting and is assigned 'ordinary numbers' to. None of the other &qu...

Installing updates to Microsoft Word
I downloaded update 11.2.4 and get a message that it can't find the necessary files to do the upgrade. I tried to trash all the preferences, and repaired permissions. Any other suggestions? *11.2.4* ? - I don't even remember that one, and it isn't on the downloads site (although 11.2.3 isn't either). None the less, bypass it altogether. Download the 11.2.5 updater form here: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx It will catch you up on prior updates, then d/l 11.2.6 from the same site. BTW - what are you updating *from*? I ask because some have attempted to use the ...

Upgrade? or not to upgrade.
I accepted the invitation to try office 2010. Upon installation, outlook 2007 quit working. Since that is the only critical piece i need out of office, and all my emails etch i desperately need are on there, I uninstalled. Now I get no out look. I get the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I am really kicking myself, I knew i shouldn't have done the upgrade trial. I am bordering on hysteria here. Can anyone help? Tried to open in compatibility mode xp but no go same error. Outlook now does not appear in the start ...

Teacher and Student Version of Office
Is the 'Teacher/Student Version' of Microsoft Office the same as the "Small Office" version? I have a student in the household that would like to use Excel and Access in her classes, doing her homework at home. AND, is it compatible with Windows Me? Anyone know Karen No, it doesn't appear to include Access. The below is from the Microsoft site. A. Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003 includes: .. Excel 2003 .. Outlook 2003 .. PowerPoint 2003 .. Word 2003 http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/students/default.mspx look at Frequently asked questi...

Excel to Word macro
Hi, I have a bitmap picture in a sheet. I need a MACRO so as when I click on the bitmap picture a range (selection of cells say A167:E207 will be exported to MicroSoft Word. Help Please! Khalil ...

Word 2007 eps images in Word 2008

Excel -> Word #3
Thank you very much! Now, this created an other issue: I am using the Excel sheet as source database, but I am also callin the Word document from this same Excel sheet. It looks like there is conflict now. So, what I'm trying to do: For each row in my Excel sheet I have a cel linked to the Word document (where I have already merged the necessar fields from Excel). Any ideas? Thanks in advance -- Ekse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ekser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1140 View this thread: htt...

downloading Office 2007 Professional didn't upgrade my outlook 20.
I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then converted to my own. I also have Office 2000 still on my computer. How do I get outlook to upgrade from 2000 to 2007? The trial version of Outlook will not install if any other version of Outlook is installed What does "converted to my own" mean? "rmeadie" <rmeadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A302D5A5-12EA-4C56-8944-53FAD9A7A0C1@microsoft.com... >I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then > converted to my own. I also have Office ...