Updated Office 2008

Version: 2008

I am not very techno minded, so I don't know what to do. I updated Office 2008 and now it says that I have entered an invalid product key. I didn't enter any product key! I went to some of the help solutions on this site and one told me to delete the Office Folder. If I do this won't I lose all of the files I have in Word and ExceL? I am afraid to do anything, but cannot get into any files. Please help me with simple instructions if you can. Thanks.
0
LC1073 (1)

On 8/5/09 5:08 PM, in article 59b79af0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"LC@officeformac.com" <LC@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I am not very techno minded, so I don't know what to do. I updated Office 2008
> and now it says that I have entered an invalid product key. I didn't enter any
> product key!

When you install Office you enter a product key. SP2 blacklisted many of the
illegal keys. If you purchased your copy of Office on eBay it's possible you
bought a copy that also published that key for other users to use. If you do
have a legal key, see this article on how to fix.

Invalid Product Key after updating to SP2

<http://tinyurl.com/nmogr5>

>I went to some of the help solutions on this site and one told me
> to delete the Office Folder. If I do this won't I lose all of the files I have
> in Word and ExceL? I am afraid to do anything, but cannot get into any files.
> Please help me with simple instructions if you can. Thanks.

If you have to reinstall, it should not touch any of your files. However
with any backup it's suggest you have a backup in case something goes wrong.

--
Diane

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Can't uninstall Microsoft Office Home and Student from Vista Acer
Ok, so I am having trouble uninstalling microsoft office 2007 so I can install the office professional 2007 suite i just bought. I have an acer pc, and a vista 64 os. In another forum, I was told to go http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/ and follow instructions. When I searched for installers, used the subject feature in View to find Microsoft Office installers and tried to unstall one, I received a message that said I was missing a file = "HomeStudentrWW.msi" and needed to find that file somewhere in order to uninstall any of these installers manually. I ne...

Update question

How update entity in post update?

Can't get pull down menus in Word, MS Office 2001 for Mac
I've been using my MS Office 2001 Word software on my Mac OS 9 for 2 years with no problems. All of a sudden I can't pull down the menus in my documents. My command keys seem to work fine, but I really need my pull down menus for some functions. I tried throwing the software in the trash and reinstalling my original software on my hard drive. Same problem - no pull down menus. I checked Excel in the same 2001 Office package, and I get the pull down menus there just fine. Any advice? In article <57ea651d.0309211615.66d1a4d4@posting.google.com>, lprindle@earthlink.net (Ezmereld...

latest update too MSCFV2

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update

Widows 7 and Office 2007
I have Windows 7 Ultimate 65 bit and Office 2007. I have a USB drive which I save letters to for different people. I now find that when I plug in an extension drive it won't let me save to that drive saying" You do not have permission to save to this location. Contact the administrato to obtain permission. would you like to save to My Documents instead? if I save to My Docs I can then send it to the USB drive. I am the only one using this computer and am signed in as dministrator. Can anyone help?. Be grateful. Saving to removable drives is one of the top three causes of ...

[ANN] Excel X security update

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

How to keep SBS 2003 server running after migrating to SBS 2008
I've successfully migrated from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 on a new machine. However, I have some apps running on the old server (ACT & Quickbooks) that I'd like to keep on this machine. The documentation states 'If you want to repurpose the Source Server, the simplest way is to reformat and install a new operating system'. What's the hard way? In other words, is there a way to get the machine back in a healthy state without installing a new operating system or reformatting the hard drive so I can use it to run these apps? SBS 2003 can't be used as a demo...

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

Cannot Update office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and what can be done to correct it I have the same problem with Tiger 10.4.11. "efrosini@officeformac.com" wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and ...

Cannot update table--only does SQL insert
Hi, just another newbie type of question.... i have a new window with its own table. i'm doing a "copy from window to table" &c, and it works fine to insert data the first time. however, i can tell from the SQL Profiler that when I try to modify the data, it does not do an update--it tries to do another insert (and of course, can't). Is there something I should be setting in Dexterity somewhere to make the table updatable, or do I need to manage this with PassThroughSQL? thanks in advance. Table operations are covered in detail during the Dexterity Training, pl...

automatically update field
Hi I have a combo box with two columns - product & stock code. When I select a product I want the the stock code column which I have in my table to automatically populate. Is this possible to have on the actual main table? -- Thank you for your help Yes - you could use the AfterUpdate event of the combo to set the value of the control bound to the field holding the stock code. But - why ? You already have the stock code so it seems you want to store it again (twice in the same table or - even worse - in another table). Both of these are very bad ideas. You should use the rel...

Printing text and pictures on Office for Mac 2004
I am using Office for Mac 2004. When I tried to insert a picture in a word document and choose text wrap, it looks fine in word format. But when I clicked print prevview, I cannot see the picture, and I cannot print it. However, if I just insert a picture, there is no problem. I cannot use the wizard function to print envelope. I have to set my page in envelope format, and then type in details. I must have changed some settings by mistake, because I could do those things before. Can anyone help?? Check Word | Preferences | Print, and make sure "drawing objects" is check...