Update Path for 2004 11.2.3 -> 11.5.7 ?

I have Office 2004 version 11.2.3 installed on an older Tiger latptop,
and want to know if anyone knows what the simplest update path is to
the current 11.5.7.

Hopefully I don't have to download every single point update in
between.  Doesn't microsoft have combo updaters?

Thanks.

0
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

simply use Microsoft AutoUpdate to have your Mac download all the
updates for you. You can activate this application by clicking on the
Update command in the Help menu of every single Office application.

If you want to download the updates manually, just go to the Mactopia
page <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx>, select Office 2004
from the list at the bottom of the screen and download any available
updater. As far as I can see, you will have to install the 11.5.5 combo
update first, followed by 11.5.6 and 11.5.7.

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP (Macintosh)

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***
0
Michel
2/12/2010 6:58:39 PM
On 2/12/10 7:57 AM, in article
2010021210573316807-geraldwilson34@snotmailznospamcom, "Gerald Wilson"
<gerald_wilson34@snotmailz.nospam.com> wrote:

> Hopefully I don't have to download every single point update in
> between.  Doesn't microsoft have combo updaters?

Yes, Get 11.5.5 combo then you'll need the 11.5.6 and 11.5.7.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/downloads/mactopia_dl.html#office2004>
--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane
2/13/2010 12:22:56 AM
On 2010-02-12 13:58:39 -0500, Michel Bintener said:

> If you want to download the updates manually, just go to the Mactopia
> page <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx>, select Office 2004
> from the list at the bottom of the screen and download any available
> updater. As far as I can see, you will have to install the 11.5.5 combo
> update first, followed by 11.5.6 and 11.5.7.

Thanks a lot.  It would be nice if that sort of thing were explained on
the Mactopia site.

--
---------------------------------
remove nospam filter for e-mail

0
Gerald
2/14/2010 4:11:43 PM
Well, actually it is :-) For each update there is a link for System
Requirements. When you click it the previous update level requirement will
be indicated as well as any other requirements for OS level, etc.

As Michel replied, the simplest process is to use Help> Check for Updates in
any of the Office apps. The necessary updates will be applied automatically
in the appropriate order. It's also worth setting AutoUpdate to check on a
periodic basis, such as Weekly or Monthly.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/14/10 11:11 AM, in article
2010021411114350073-geraldwilson34@snotmailznospamcom, "Gerald Wilson"
<gerald_wilson34@snotmailz.nospam.com> wrote:

> On 2010-02-12 13:58:39 -0500, Michel Bintener said:
>
>> If you want to download the updates manually, just go to the Mactopia
>> page <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx>, select Office 2004
>> from the list at the bottom of the screen and download any available
>> updater. As far as I can see, you will have to install the 11.5.5 combo
>> update first, followed by 11.5.6 and 11.5.7.
>
> Thanks a lot.  It would be nice if that sort of thing were explained on
> the Mactopia site.

0
CyberTaz

Update for MS Money 2005?

Timer #7
Is there a way that somthing resets timer in my application? Looks like sometimes it happens. thanks zorman wrote: > Is there a way that somthing resets timer in my application? Looks like > sometimes it happens. > thanks Depends what you mean by 'reset' When you call SetTimer this creates an event that occurs periodically, but this happens consistently and not just 'sometimes'. As another possibility I've never seen a timer die by itself and if this is what is happening my guess is that there's a problem in your own code somewhere. You could try posti...

RMS 3.0 #2
i upgraded my service plan last year same time becuase they said rms 3.0 is releasing soon. Should i pay the fee becuase it didn't get me anything. any suggestions? Also rms 2.0 didn't do much except some button in po's and created more problems. i dont think they will be releasing 3.0 anytime soon anyway. Tough call I have heard from a partner that the 3.0 wont be out until endo 2009 but most likely 1st qtr 2010... Dynamics pos is the next release then RMS 3.0...thats on the rumor mill.. take it with a grain of salt. "manoj" wrote: > i upgraded my...

Problem with Script Updating

Outgoing SMTP Problem #2
I am experiencing problems sending to certain domains on new Exchange 2003 Server installation running on 2003 Server (PDC and DNS Server). I have had similar problems on the previous setup running Exchange 2000 on 2000 and 2003 Server where outgoing SMTP did not fail over to the next lower priority MX record of the recipient's domain. This was a known issue and a hotfix was available. A test SMTP connection to a recipients primary mail host did in fact fail whereas the third highest accepted mail. Creating an SMTP connector for this domain to that host solved the problem. However...

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

page break #2
I am working of a Excel database for my company. Somehow while during editing a page break appeared right in the middle of my document. I am aware that you are able to go to "Insert" and remove a page break...yet in this situation I am unable to do so. Any ideas of what to do or how to fix it? Suggestions are highly appreciated. Try working in the View "Page Break Preview." It's much easier than manually entering breaks, and fairly intuitive. When you are through, reselect the "Normal" view. "kellie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook Networking #2
Is it possible to have a home network (3 PC's)with Outlook running on each and set it up so that they all synchrionize? That is, change an entry on one pc and it effects all three. Kevin wrote: > Is it possible to have a home network (3 PC's)with > Outlook running on each and set it up so that they all > synchrionize? That is, change an entry on one pc and it > effects all three. Not easily...but see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm ...

login errors #2
When trying to login I am getting this error: Login denied. An installation task of Analytical Accounting is running. Please try again later. Thus it will not allow me to login. Any suggestions? Try clearing any user stuck in SY00800 "sajlnp" wrote: > When trying to login I am getting this error: > > Login denied. An installation task of Analytical Accounting is running. > Please try again later. > > > Thus it will not allow me to login. > > Any suggestions? Hello Have you tried to run Dynamics Utilities? It seems that you have an unfinish...

3 EX 2003 Forest Identity Feature pack
We have 3 separate companies with 3 separate AD Forest in different countries, and we need to syncronize our email global address lists. 500+ 600+ 200+ contacts in each. Can this be done with MIIS and if so how can we accomplish this securely with no private connections between the companies. I am assuming we would have one Metadatabase that contained the CN and SMTPProxy address for each of the companies and filter the rest out. We do not need other directory information only CN and SMTPProxy. The other companies would need to show up as contacts in our directory or as contacts i...

How update entity in post update?

Outlook 2003 over VPN #2
I am trying to get VPN access to an Exchange 2000 server, with Outlook 2003 through a cable modem running on XP Professional. Access to the VPN works, I can even set up the client and "check the name" with no problem. But, after loading Outlook 2003 I don't see any emails. Normally when I would connect a machine through the VPN (using earlier versions of outlook) I would see the users mailbox by default. Does anyone have any idea why I cannot see the mail in the exchange mail box? Are there settings, that by default, act like an account that needs to "send/reci...

Migrating CRM 3.0 to a New Server OS.
I’ve purchased a new Server for our CRM 3.0 application and was wondering if there was a procedure to migrate the CRM application to its new server. The OS type (W2k3) is not being changed, just upgrading to a new server platform. -- GT It depends on whether or not you are running SQL on the same server or not. If SQL is on a seperate server, the process is pretty simple. You can install CRM on the new server and use the existing dtabases on the SQL machine. You will need to update any Outlook clients though to point to the new server URL. If SQL is on the same machine, the steps a...

IF Statement #7
I'm trying to create an IF statement whereby if a certain stock in my portfolio goes up for that day's activity, it will display a green up arrow; if it goes down, a stick person dangling at the end of a rope. (Just kidding about that one). The GIF pictures I want to use will be in the same subdirectory as the Excel spreadsheet. I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks in Advance!! Ron_D If you would care to use the WingDings font instead of a GIF, try this: =IF(K3>1," J",IF(H3>F3,"K","L ")) Then format the result as WingDings. You get either a smile...

Getting path from the full path and file name
Hello again, This is my second question today. The question is how to get just the path info from a string that contains path and file name information. I am looking an MFC or WinAPI function to do that because I don't want to do it manually. Thanks, "msnews.microsoft.com" <fwr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag = news:uzyJa$q1DHA.1700@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... : Hello again, :=20 : This is my second question today. The question is how to get just the = path : info from a string that contains path and file name information. I am : looking an MFC or WinAPI function to do that becaus...

latest update too MSCFV2

Do exchange servers store routing paths?
I'm trying to figure out why an exchange server might possibly have delays between two exchange servers. No other e-mail seems to be delayed at either end, just communication between these two servers. Everyone on Server A can send and receive e-mails to eachother and external clients on a timely basis. Everyone one on Server B can send and receive e-mails to eachother and external clients on a timely basis. For some reason there is often a delay that can last 12 hours however when Server A tries to communicate with Server B. All of a sudden a bunch of e-mails between Server...

Sent Items with 2 accounts
In my Outlook 2003, I have configured my office email id as well as my group email account. Whenever i sent a mail out from my group account that mail getting stored in my sent items folder. I want those mail to get stored in my group sent folder. Configure a rule to move mail to the appropriate folder on sending "mrbalaje" <mrbalaje@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:177E7C94-A5B4-4DB8-9592-0CAF5D64CD26@microsoft.com... > In my Outlook 2003, I have configured my office email id as well as my > group > email account. Whenever i sent a mai...

Pivottable #3
1. How would I use macro to automatically update a pivot table when I have made changes to the database sheet? 2. I have the following database, Staff ID Dept Amount AH100 AH 50 AH101 AH 100 LC100 LC 200 Is it possible to have a calculated field with the amount divided by the number of staff in each department? ...