Uninstall Office 2008 and reinstall Office 2004

I recently installed Office 2008 and I'm extremely displeased by the slow operating speed of the applications.

Is there a way to reinstall Office 2004 without losing my email and user data?

Thank you!
0
sladner (1)

On 2/20/08 5:05 PM, in article ee8e366.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"sladner@officeformac.com" <sladner@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I recently installed Office 2008 and I'm extremely displeased by the slow
> operating speed of the applications.
>
> Is there a way to reinstall Office 2004 without losing my email and user data?

Your mail is in your Microsoft User Data folder and not in the application
folder. You would need to export as Entourage archive under File --> Export
to move your data back to Entourage 2004.

You can just leave Office 2008 installed and wait for the SR-1 update. Just
be aware that you should install 2004 first. Entourage 2008 moves fonts to a
different location disabling the older 2004 fonts. If you install 2004 AFTER
2004 it will just reinstall them. When you go back to Office 2008, you will
need to rectify this problem.

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)
2/21/2008 2:07:02 AM
still wondering how to uninstall office 2008..
Did you run the "Remove Office Tool"??

That's how...

On 21/02/08 8:59 PM, in article ee8e366.2@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "" <>
wrote:

> still wondering how to uninstall office 2008..

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia

0
john7143 (1072)

how do I uninstall and reinstall outlook
Outlook 2007 in windows 2007 - outlook won't open, pst file won't close and cannot run repair - am considering re-installing but can't figure out how...? Reinstalling rarely solves this problem. Have you checked your task manager > processes tab to see if Outlook.exe is still running even if Outlook appears to be closed? "GretaJo" <GretaJo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D465632D-1D25-42DB-90E2-88723E81B439@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2007 in windows 2007 - outlook won't open, pst file won't close and > cannot run repa...

Outlook can not find servers after updating office xp
I updated office xp with the service pack 3. Now outlook does not work. It can not find the servers on any of my email accounts. Everything worked fine prior to installing the patch. What change took place with Outlook to make it not find the servers? This is my work PC, and I need to get outlook operational. I need to either 1) fix the problem or 2) figure out how to completely remove office and the update so that I can reinstall office. Thank you in advance. What sort of accounts do you have? What version of Windows are you running? If Windows XP, did you also just apply SP-1? -- J...

Office STILL won't launch on G5
A month has passed since my original posting to this forum, and I've been searching other forums and Web sites for additional advice. I've read many helpful suggestions, but nothing has worked to get the Office apps to launch on my G5. I'm now running Panther OS 10.3.1. To recap, none of the Office apps will launch on my new dual 2ghz G5. I uninstalled (not just trashed) the "test drive" version of Office that came with the computer. I've tried installing the Office apps by both copying the folder off the CD and using the installer. I've run all the updaters u...

Login Failure Following Reinstall
I had a hard drive failure a couple of weeks ago, and after reinstalling Money 2004 and restoring my documents (thank goodness for the external HDD backup!), I'm having trouble logging into Money. I opened the existing Money file, and everything seemed ok; it remembered my Passport ID just fine. However, it's not accepting my password. Tells me "The sign-in attempt for <<my passport>> was unsuccessful. Please try your sign-in name and password again." I know I'm entering my password correctly, since I use it routinely in Hotmail. Is there some tri...

Outlook 2000 in Office 2000 Small Business
I have done several clean installs w/several different versions of Outlook from discs and I cannot get Outlook to open w/out crashing upon loading. All other components of Office work great. I began having problems w/Outlook when I began using Outlook Express.... Maybe they are related. Please help. ...

Outlook 2000 Reinstall
My Outlook 2000, running on XP Home, is behaving strangely. A few times a day it will give me the mail delivery error at the bottom of the screen. It will still send mail, but it won't receive until I click "Send and Receive" and then stop that process and then click Send and Recieve again. Do you think I need to reinstall OL 2000 (I have the disk) and if so may I do so without first uninstalling OL 2000. And would there be any need to reinstall other components of Office 2000? Thanks. Fred H. ...

System crashed -Reload of Windows left out office
I have had a version of Microsoft office since 1994, the most recent version being Money 2000. I utilize this program every day to track my current and future financial info. When the system crashed I reloaded Windows 98, however, something must be wrong with my CD drive as it kept stopping, at various lengths, and saying Void-Retry- and something else in DOS (which I never did understand. My financial information is still in my favorites, as I save the info each day. When i try to open Money I receive a message, as follows: "This applicationm can not identify the end user identif...

Stop office from scanning network drives in disconnected state
I know that unmapping the network drives when disconnected is the MS solution for solving the problem with office apps opening files slowly off network (KB313937). But i don't remember having any users complain about this until a month or so ago. We have been using Office 2007 in a domain environment for several years and this issue has never occurred until recently (like that last month or so). Is there a group policy setting or Office setting that will prevent office from waiting for a disconnected drive to time out? We map drives using group policy preferences and it w...

Why can't I get my hotmail account linked to office 2000? #2
I have Office 2000 installed on my laptop and I am trying to link hotmail to my mail service. I am not able to import my hotmail account or send messages and would like guidance on how I can get this set up. I am using a cable connection, thanks for the help! If your Hotmail account is free, you cannot connect via outlook. This is the most common cause of not being able to connect. "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2F8899B-4E0B-4B71-8678-7BC29739301A@microsoft.com... >I have Office 2000 installed on my laptop and I am trying to link...

upgraded to office pro can't open outlook
I just uninstalled office basic and loaded office xp pro. I have xp media running on my machine. I can't open outlook. every time I try I get the following: Cannot start microsoft outlook. Unable to display the selected folder or item. could not open the item. try again. That is when I try to open outlook from start menu under the explorer icon. If I go to all programs and try to start it that way, I get: Unable to open your default email folders could not open the item try again. I click ok and get: would you like to open your default file system folder instead? I click no it all goes awa...

Office Chart doubt
Hi, I try to create a chart using Office Chart Component 9. I set the type of the WCChart object as chChartTypeScatterLine, WCSeries object1 as chChartTypeScatterSmoothLineMarkers. WCSeries object2 as chChartTypeScatterSmoothLine. But the type applied to series 2 is always set to series object 1. void CImageCalibChartCtrl::ChangeType() { CWCCharts aCharts = myChartCollection.GetCharts(); CWCChart aChart = aCharts.GetItem(COleVariant((short)0)); aChart.Select(); aChart.GetSeriesCollection().GetItem(...

Is this legit? "office services user satisfaction survey".
I use Vista Professional and Office 2007. I received this survey request in an email from " Microsoft Services Survey [invite@decipherinc.com]. When I clicked on the link: http://t2.ktrmr.com/surveyh.aspx?i.project, etc., the tab had a BLANK LABEL and the survey started without any welcome, logos, etc. It just jumped into the first question. I cannot believe this is legitimate, and worry that other people are going to 'take the survey', thereby providing personal use info (or whatever they are asking) to unknown entities. Does anyone know about this? It sure ...

Microsoft Office Keyboard Problems
Last month my hard drive failed. I have replaced it with another Maxtor but since reinstalling my software I cannot get my Microsoft Keyboard to work properly. It is okay for typing but any of the special keys (scroll, cut, paste, copy, open various apps) will not work. I have no idea what the problem is but I did reformat the hard drive with the Drive Genius program. I have tried reinstalling the latest intellitype software but still no results and microsoft has not been very helpful. The mactopia site states that this should work with my OS and G4. I am using Tiger. Any ideas? Brian M...

Office PE 2003 for Windows 7
I have just purchased a new laptop preinstalled with Windows7 After installing Office PE 2003, I'm getting the below problems 1) EULA acceptance window pops up every time I start a new Office Program. 2) My passwords do not get saved and I have to key them in everytime I use Outlook and IE. Does anyone have the same problem ? And does anyone have a fix for it ? Thanks PE ? Passwords in Outlook; depends whether you migrated data from another system or you performed a new setup of Outlook IE has nothing to do with Office "Clem" <Clem@discussions.microsof...

install Office Assistant character file?
I get the message "There are no Office Assistant character files present on the system. Please run Setup in the maintenance mode and istall at least one character" Don't know what to do. How do I get into the maintenace mode? Does Setup appear? What character should I install? Please advise. Thank you, William (Bill) Camp The information in this post by Office MVP Beth Melton may help you: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=%23vKbLA91EHA.2572%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl billcamp wrote: > I get the message "There are no Office Assistant character files present...

MS Money 2004, XP SP2
Since installing SP2 on XP, when I go to my banks web site and import transactions (one-way, via the web), Windows requires me to "save" the .qif file to disk. Then, I have to double click on it to import. It was great when I could click "open" from the site and have Money automatically import. Anyone know a work-around? In microsoft.public.money, JS wrote: >Since installing SP2 on XP, when I go to my banks web >site and import transactions (one-way, via the web), >Windows requires me to "save" the .qif file to disk. >Then, I have to doub...

Adding Child Support as an expense
I've found out that Money 2004 has "Child Support Received" listed as an available income, but I am unable to find something like "Child Support Paid" in the expenses. The closest I've found, is Child Care. Does anyone have any "How-To" or "Where It Is" advice for this? You can always create your own expense account. I'd probably create a whole new category just as you suggest "Child Support Paid." "Rick" <rickgibson@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:1edd101c456b9$9cd7bfa0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I'...

Canadian version of Money 2008? Anything in the works?
As the subject says... Anything newer than Money 2006? Is there a trial download anyplace? We really wish to stop using Quicken. "Noozer" <dont.spam@me.here> wrote in message news:uSplq2T3HHA.5316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > As the subject says... > > Anything newer than Money 2006? Is there a trial download anyplace? > > We really wish to stop using Quicken. Excerpt below from Money Plus Help, searching on "Canada". I don't think M08 (Money Plus) is much different that other recent versions, in this regard. I've seen other traffic to th...

New SBS 2008 install problems
ok, I might be late to the game but this is my first SBS 2008 install in a production environment for a customer. The setup is one SBS2008 box and 4 Windows 7 pro PCs. The http://connect wizard has two problems: Doesn't see a local account to migrate over If you continue anyway then it fails after the first reboot complaining about an incorrect password for the _sbs... setup account. Anyone seen this ? Thanks Simon Simon wrote: > ok, I might be late to the game but this is my first SBS 2008 install in > a production environment for a customer. > > T...

"Out of Office" message
Is there a way to make the "Out of Office" message stay on the screen longer? Users often miss this when returning to work and do not realize it until someone tells them they are still looking like they are away. With previous versions of Outlook, the "Out of Office" message was displayed until you responded to it - too bad that was changed for Outlook 2007 Thanks Al It's actually on the screen all the time in 2007, just in the lower right hand corner where no one looks. "Al" wrote: > Is there a way to make the "Out of Office...

CHECKDB loop SQL 2008
On my SQL 2008 SP1 server it seems there is a loop of events for 3 of the databases existing on this server. On the Windows Application event log there are intermitently logged events 17137 Starting up database 'db' and then 17573 CHECKDB for database 'db' finished without errors on yyyy-mm-dd 07:13:53.453 (local time). This is an informational message only; no user action is required. The date is from a previous maintenance plan. These avents are logged every 20-30 minutes. Same events on SQL logs, too. Sounds like those databases may have Auto Close tur...

Sybase SQL Anywhere 11 to SqlServer 2008
Hello there I want to migrate our existing databases from Sybase SQL Anywhere 11 to SqlServer 2008. It will be great if you can suggest some reliable tools to do this or any best practices to follow. Many Thanks Siva ...

Sync Windows Mobile 5.0 with Office 2008 Mac?
Version: 2008 Hello, is it possible to synchronize Office 2008 with Windows Mobile 5.0? Is it supported? Does it require any special software for synchronization? I have searched some forum threads but I haven't searched any clear information. Thanks a lot. Lucie ...

Office 2004 and the spinning beachball when saving, opening or attaching docs, xls, emails, etc? Anyone else have this problem?
I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing hang-ups while trying to save, open, attach a file. This seems to happen when we are on our OS X.2 server. However, today it happened while someone was trying to attach a desktop file in Entourage. The normal experience is that you click on the triangle so you can see all your different file options and somewhere in navigating the files you get the colored beach ball that does not stop or after a while you get a notice that the office program has crashed and would you like to report your problem to apple or reopen your file. If you reopen the ...

Tools/office Links
Is there a way to merge/publish MS word into excel much like you can in access? I have labels that i would like to start a spreadsheet with point of contacts and other vital information. I am using office 03. If you have your data in Excel you can print address labels using MS Word http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm Hope that is what you are looking for. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "teddki...