Uninstall #2

Version: 2008
Processor: intel

Hi - My understanding is that you can the mid level Office installed on only one machine at a time. So, excuse me for being stupid, but how does the disk know? When I uninstalled by dragging the app folders to the trash and emptying securely, the disk was not in the machine. What am I missing and if I uninstall and give the disk to my daughter for her machine, who knows where ithas beeninstalled and how many times. Thanks - Neil

On 4/15/08 2:01 PM, in article ee988f4.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"neiljsalkind@officeformac.com" <neiljsalkind@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Processor: intel
>
> Hi - My understanding is that you can the mid level Office installed on only
> one machine at a time. So, excuse me for being stupid, but how does the disk
> know? When I uninstalled by dragging the app folders to the trash and emptying
> securely, the disk was not in the machine. What am I missing and if I
> uninstall and give the disk to my daughter for her machine, who knows where
> ithas beeninstalled and how many times. Thanks - Neil
The disk does not know. No one knows. It's up to your conscience as to
whether or not you are violating the user license agreement. If two licenses
are on the same network, you will get a warning that only one can be used at
a time.

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

0
bob6686 (387)

3D plots #2
I have 3D surface a chart, such that there are about 40 series all of which use a common X axis text column. hence the Source Data Range reads: =normalised!$B$10:$AL$727 and an example series would be: Name:=normalised!$C$10 Values:=normalised!$C$10:$C$727 Category (X) axis labels: =normalised!$B$10:$B$727 so for each series replace C with D,E,F etc... I now want it to look at more rows, i.e. the Source Data Range reads: =normalised!$B$10:$AL$840 but if I make this change it mucks everything up such that there are only three series, the first one for examples looks like this: Name=norma...

locked cells #2
I have excel 2000, and have locked some cells on sheets to safeguard my formulas whilst others are unlocked as they have weekly figures put in up until Sunday. On Monday, a clean sheets starts again so I have to go and delete all the entries on all the unlocked cells. If I highlight the whole sheets and do edit, delete, it does not delete any cells and gives the warning that I am trying to delete cells that are locked. Is there any way to highlight the sheet and delete all the unlocked cells in one go? Thanks Mel Mel wrote: > I have excel 2000, and have locked some cells on shee...

Video Rental #2
Any recommendations on a Video Rental/sales addon for RMS??? Thank you! ...

Item Stock Inquiry #2
The enquiry window shows the sale before the receipt and hence shows stock going into a -ve amount. This is confusing to the user, it should show the receipt of goods first and then the sale of the goods as negative stock is not a good idea! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Cannot uninstall MSIE to reinstall with Outlook Express upgrade
I need to upgrade to the newest version of OE but to do so I would have to uninstall MSIE as The installer senses that a newer version is already installed and will not let me proceed with installation. Help?! Hi - that's odd, as OE is part of IE. Have you run Windows Update recently? Also note - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try po...

same user@ 2 domains
Hi, I have read and tried the article "Hosting Multiple SMTP Domains on Exchange" from http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html. When I sent an email to 2nd domain, the exchange server response with an error message saying no such user. Detail info: I installed the active directory's domain 12345.com and email for everyone@12345.com works fine. However, my boss bought a domain name 123.com. I am asked to make both everyone@123.com and everyone@12345.com work. It means everyone has two email address pointing to the same mail box. Please help. Thanks Sincere...

Uninstall client for outlook
Hi Guys, I am having trouble installing Desktop client for outlook for CRM 3.0. When I try to install, I get an error saying somthing like the version is not compatible or the client already exists. When I checked, I found that C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client folder already exists and has some files in it. There is also MSDE database for CRM on the machine. I want to completely uninstall this client. But I do not see the entries for CRM client and MSDE database under Add/Remove programs. Can anyone tell me how to manually uninstall CRM client as well the MSDE database? You help is gr...

EMAIL ADDRESS #2
WHEN I GOT A JOB AT ALLSTATE, OUTLOOK STILL HAD THE EMAIL ADDRESS OF THE PERSON THAT WORKED HERE BEFORE ME. HOW DO I CHANGE IT TO A NEW ADDRESS??? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!! First, you'll need to turn off the Caps Lock key, which looks like shouting, and tell us what version of Outlook you're using. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "SAMANTHA" <NIKKISTONE@ALLSTATE.COM> wrote in message news:46a101c4734d$e2d67cc0$a301...

Jet 2.0 dB corruption under Vista
Old VB 3.0 app using Jet 2.0 engine runs fine under very OS from 3.1 to XP but hangs then corrupts DB under Vista Home Premium. All running locally - not network shared, so that KB article doesn't apply (seems to be for 4.0 anyway). Any thoughts or is this the final nail in the coffin for Vista? It came pre-installed on the laptop, and I've had just about enough of the problems caused by this OS and might upgrade to XP... On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 20:31:31 -0700, "V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> wrote: >Old VB 3.0 app using Jet 2.0 engine runs fine >under very OS f...

Inventory Transfer #2
Can anyone help in this matter? When I receive stock into our site as a batches only the inventory side of the transaction is updated. The General ledger side is completely wiped out. is they dont post to the GL batch is deleted. But if they are single receiving entries they are posted to the GL. 1) why is this so 2) is there a way to update the GL for the lost batches? On the Inventory Batch Entry window is a checkbox that says "Post to GL." Make sure it's checked. You can also download a file from CustomerSource that will mark the box for you. But, out of the box, the ...

ODBC Error #2
I have an ODBC connection between an Access database and an Excel spreadsheet. If I open the Access mdb and run the query, everything is just fine. The query (although a qurey of queries) is not that complicated or large. It returns only 240 records. When I open the Excel file and it goes to the same query as its datasource, I get this error: "[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not start session. Too many sessions already active." Why does it work in its native Access but the same query causes Excel have a conniption? Could it be that your query of queries i...

Complete uninstall
How do you do a 100% uninstall of Outlook, so that it can be reinstalled cleanly? My copy of Outlook has gotten corrupted (vague "unknown error" messages whenever I try to do nearly anything), and I haven't been able to fix it. I want to reinstall the program, so I I removed it using the Office Installer update feature, then rebooted and reinstalled, using the same feature. No luck--the reinstallation had the same problems. Next, I completely uninstalled Office, rebooted and reinstalled. Same result--I've still got the same problems in Outlook. Now, I realize the pro...

Great Plains #2
I need to import from a Great Plains populated SQL db and I am trying to understand the data structure. Looking at the tables I got the impression that some of these tables are created by Great Plains on-the-fly. I have no Great Plains experience at all and I have no documentation .... any ideas on were I can get some background info? -- Beavers Web Application Developer I would start with the GP client. Navigate to, Tools|Resource Descriptions|Tables next choose the series you wish for example Purchasing, and the product would be Great Plains, Physical name is the label you want ...

Microsoft Money 2002 install/uninstall
Money installation wizard starts every time I try to enter the control panel. I already have Money 2002 installed. However, after uninstalling, the program continues to be shown in my program list on the install/uninstall window. Please help. ...

Deleted E-mails #2
I trying to find out if there is a way to retreive permanently deleted E-mails in Outlook Express. Thanks in advance for your help. Art A good website for information on OE is: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5....

Post to GL #2
What is the difference between 'post to gl' and 'post through to gl'. I recommend you read some the documentation that comes with Microsoft Dynamics GP before you start to do an implementation. If you still need further asistance you should contact a Microsoft Dynamics Partner. Here is the answer that you want. To specify how you want transactions from subsidiary modules posted to General Ledger, make one of the following selections: Mark Post to General Ledger to transfer transactions from subsidiary modules to General Ledger when you post. You can verify the transac...

Uninstalling Outlook 2007
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to uninstall Outlook 2007? There seems to be an option to remove a program on the installation disc, but I don't understand what to do to select Outlook. Thanks for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Where exactly do you get stuck? You can start the (un)installer from Control Panel as well, just like you would uninstall any other application. To uninstall just Outlook, click on Change instead. In the setup dialog, select Outlook in the list and set its installation status to Not Available. Just curious; what are you trying to ac...

Transaction Logs #2
Hi everyone, I've installed Exchange 2003 in my environment.and now there are a lot of E00XXXXX.log files filling up my hard disk. I've read and heard that after a fully backup those files would be erased, but it does not happen. Do I need to configure something? Tks in advance, Marco Please detail how you are performing a full backup. In order to purge the log files, you need to be performing an Exchange-aware full online backup (Exchange services still running). NTBackup on the Exchange server is Exchange-aware. 3rd party products such as BackupExec are only ...

CFileDialog customization #2
I have my own class I have derived from CFileDialog and I want to filter the "Look In" combo box so it only contains the folders I want the user to be able to navigate to. I can easily gain access to the CComboBox but I'm having difficulties filtering the contents. I can't really go from the text of the item, because I really need the full path. There is a trick with the list control of the file dialog in that each item display has its PIDL stored in the lParam of the list item. I was hoping there would be a similar trick to the items in the combobox. I can do a GetItemD...

Posting Status #2
I have a PMPAY batch where the status is 'Receiving' these are configured to post through to the GL. See KB850289 for details on how to fix that. "rcr" wrote: > I have a PMPAY batch where the status is 'Receiving' these are configured to > post through to the GL. ...

2 VS_VERSION_INFO blocks in rdpwd.sys
Hello and Happy Holidays to all... I need to read information from the VS_VERSION_INFO block without the use of Windows APIs (such as GetFileVersionInfo()). I've had this working for quite some time now, but I've recently run into a case where my results do not agree with the Windows Explorer Version Dialog. I get a miss on C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rdpwd.sys from a fully-patched S03,SP1. In reading the file in a hexeditor, the file contains (at least) 2 VS_VERSION_INFO blocks. My results reflect one block while WinExplorer pulls information from the other. What are the rules r...

Count number of Duplicates in 2 or more worksheets
I have a workbook with several sheets, there a 2 cols, SecID, TranID on each sheet. I need the # of duplicate TranID for each secID. All this should be done in VBA, The resultset should be SecID TranID NumOfTimesUsed 1 3 5 1 8 3 etc. Can I run a union query within Excel, if so what would be the syntax, or is there another way with this type of result. Mike To use a query within Excel try the Import Data command under the Get External Data submenu. Choose Excel files, select the current workbook and type the SQL comma...

When is Uninstall not Uninstall?
First a sad story. Office 2003/SP 1 Outlook up and running - AOK. Install Lotus Notes Adapter To Outlook. Migration of Lotus Notes Folders begins and then hangs (24 hours). Kill Outlook Process. Re-start Outlook Outlook opens - reports "can not open folders" AND SHUTS DOWN. OK, So now all I want is to get outlook back up and running without Lotus Notes. (PST files are backuped up). Uninstall Outlook and leave the rest of office in place. re-boot Install Outlook. Re-start Outlook Outlook opens - reports "can not open folders" AND SHUTS DOWN. Uninstall Outlook and leave ...

RE:Combing Pivot and Non-Pivot datasets for 2-axis charts.
Hello I've created a 2-axis Pivot chart. The 1st axis will set the data from my Pivot table, however how can I set the data from the second axes to come from a NON-PIVOT TABLE? In other words I need to know how to select data from two different table - 1 Pivot and 1 Non-Pivot data. Kind regards Jaspal singh Dhuga You can do this using a non-pivot chart. Create a chart of the non-pivot table data. Then go to Chart menu > Source Data > Series tab, and one-by-one add the series that use pivot table data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutio...

if statement question #2
How do I do this using an if statement in excel? If the amount is from 15000-350000 then the tax is .23, if its extactly 350000 then its .15 What I really need to know if theres something similar to "to" in the if statement. For example 15000 to 350000 like in a c++ switch statement. -- SMAlvarez ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SMAlvarez's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33287 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=531129 Assuming there isn't more to it than...