Unable to use two licences on two linked computers

Hey all,
I have OS10.4.9 in my business mac network, and I installed Office X
on the server and the reception computer.  Initially it was the same
licence and as others have described, I could not use both programs at
the same time.  However to improve our office efficiency, I bought a
new copy of Office X today, and installed it.  However it still won't
let me use both versions at the same time even though now I have two
licences!  Why is this?  The Microsoft website is not forthcoming, and
they don't have any help lines to call.  I can't find anywhere to
input my new product key, so maybe it still thinks I have the same
version, but I don't have anyway of finding this out either.

Please help.  I'm rather frustrated.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris:

You need to change the licence key in one of the installations.

When you re-install Office, it won;t change the licence key if it already
exists, you have to remove the old one first.  (Not the whole product, just
the licence key).

See the last section of this page:
http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/index.html

Cheers

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

"millenniumcow" <millenniumcow@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> Hey all,
> I have OS10.4.9 in my business mac network, and I installed Office X
> on the server and the reception computer.  Initially it was the same
> licence and as others have described, I could not use both programs at
> the same time.  However to improve our office efficiency, I bought a
> new copy of Office X today, and installed it.  However it still won't
> let me use both versions at the same time even though now I have two
> licences!  Why is this?  The Microsoft website is not forthcoming, and
> they don't have any help lines to call.  I can't find anywhere to
> input my new product key, so maybe it still thinks I have the same
> version, but I don't have anyway of finding this out either.
>
> Please help.  I'm rather frustrated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

0
john7143 (1072)

How do I cut and paste using a macro....
Hello. I'm having trouble creating a macro that will let me cut postcodes from one cell and paste into another cell. I would appreciate if anybody can help me. What I have, is a large excel spreadsheet with a couple of thousand names and addresses. The address fields start in column B through to G. Each line of the address should be in a separate cell within each row, but the postcodes have all ended up in the same cell as the last line of the address. I need to cut the postcodes out of these cells and paste them into column H which is empty. The addresses are different lengths, leavi...

Finding the path of Word 2007 on my computer
I have XP Pro and Word 2007. I am attempting to find the path of Word 2007 on my computer. How do I do that? Where do I look? Thank you. On 4/6/2010 6:49 PM, moon wrote: > I have XP Pro and Word 2007. I am attempting to find the path of Word 2007 on > my computer. How do I do that? Where do I look? > > Thank you. YOu didn't say if you prefered vb.net or C#. You normally would never need to find this. You could do it with this code however (use a valid file to test however): static void Main(string[] args) { Process p = new Process(); p.StartInfo....

Changing from One Side to Two Sided Printing
I've got a spreadsheet with multiple tabs. To change from one sided printing to two sided printing, it seems that I have to go to each tab, click on page setup, on the page tab select options and then change from one sided to two sided printing. I can't select all of the tabs and do this change globally. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better (easier) way to do this? Thanks, Bill Allen Group the sheet: click on the first tab; hold SHIFT;click on the last tab Now set the printer option BTW: You have a WORKBOOK with multiple WORKSHEETS. "tabs" are the do-hick...

Using Money 98 in a virtual PC
I have used Money 98 for a good many years and am attached to it. It has run in 98, 2000, and XP without a hitch. I now have a 64 bit Windows 7 machine with a virtual PC installed which operates on XP as its operating system. I have my Money 98 installed there, but in that environment it runs with glacial slowness and I don't know why. All of the other apps I have in that VPC run just fine. I did notice that instead of using My Money.mny it uses My Money XP.mny. I can't imagine why that would cause slowing. Can anyone tell me where to look for answers? Thanks In microsoft....

Utility That Does Cell-By-Cell Comparison Of Two Spreadsheets?
.... and creates a report of differences... Anybody know of such a thing? Don't need anything sophisticated - just a simple-minded cell-by-cell comparison of data values. -- PeteCresswell Per (PeteCresswell): >Anybody know of such a thing? Oops! Ill-considered post. Just Googled it (duhhhh...) and found a number of relevant hits. -- PeteCresswell Pete, Since you asked... xlCompanion here... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "(PeteCresswell)" <x@y.Invalid> wrote in message news:pnm1u19vu11tn6rt5mmite6gcglm3r3e8r@...

Using Autocorrect to remove spaces
Hi, I am looking at how to remove extra spaces, and have been thinking about using Autocorrect. I have been reading another thread which suggested; For Each cell In Selection cell.Value = WorksheetFunction.Trim(cell.Text) Next What I have been using is; With Application.AutoCorrect .AddReplacement "Want", "Replace" End With Works well within a loop changing any "Replace" text with "Want". Something I didn't get Substitute to do correctly within a loop. What I can't get AutoCorrect to do though is work with spaces, so...

Unable to open calendar

using embedded .xsd vs file based .xsd
I am thinking of embedding my schemas as embedded resources instead of reading it using URI at run-time. I came across some snags while trying to do just that such as, previously unknown to me, XmlValidatingReader.Schemas.Add was using XmlValidatingReader.Resolver to resolve my schemas using the URI method. Resolver property was never set, so the reader simply ignored any external references even though one of the schema explicitly imports the other one. I verified this by removing the referred schema from the schema collection, and the code chugged along fine. But when I changed the code to ...

Error sending email from Order using template
I created an email template to be used to confirm receipt of an order. It copies a few fields from the Order Form. It does not work, but shows a really helpful error message: MS CRM Web Page Dialog -An error has occurred; please consult your SA. Well, that's me. But I have no clue where to look. The built-in Order Thank You template shows the same behavior: Error. I made lots of email templates to be used from the Opportunity and Quote forms; these all work fine. I tried switching on tracing on the client (don't want to mess with the server registry keys) so I would get some ad...

using for-next index in range variable
MSDN seems to say that range values must be written in the A1 format. I need to compare a value in column D (sample IDs) of worksheet import and compare it to column A (location) of worksheet data. If the values are equal I need to set a cell in worksheet data equal to the sum of columns I:M in the same row that the sample ID = the location. Will something like this work: If worksheet(import).cell[D"i"] = worksheet(data).cell[A"j"] then worksheet(data).cell[k,j] = sum(worksheet(import).[I"i":M"i"] Is there a different, perhaps easier way to do this? ...

how can I use my e-mail addresses on excel xp with microsoft outlo #2
I need to use my addresses on Excel xp with Microsoft outlook. I want to use my excel file as a database that I can change and improve everyday. I need to send mails to more than 1 contact, so creating an e.mail link is not enough for me: in fact, if I click on it, I send my mail only to 1 address... Txs ...

Which shapes should be used?
I'm trying to draw a diagram which shows that an application is using odbc to access SQL Server database. I want to know which shapes I should use to represent the application, odbc, and SQL Server database. Thanks. ...

Using "OR" in an IF statement
I am trying to use the command OR in an If statement and I am having no luck. In Lotus 123 I could string commands by using #OR# to produce a common result. For example: =IF(J3="INVEST" #OR# IF(K3 = "INVEST",1,"NO")) I can't seem to make this work in Excel. Can anyone provide me with a correction? Doug, Like this =IF(OR(J3="Invest",K3="Invest"),"The true condition","the false condition") If the true or false condition is numeric then drop the quotes -- Mike When competing hypotheses are other...

Run a Query using VBA without User Interface
Hello, I have a VBA Macro that Opens an Append Query (see below), which works great, except for the end user has to answer the following MsAccess prompts: 1) You are about to run an append query that will modify data in your table. (They have to click Yes) 2) You are about to append 1 row(s). (They have to click Yes) I'd rather them not have to answer either question. Instead I'd like the Append Query to run and do what it's asked without any human intervention. Can this be done? Please help! VBA Macro Code: DoCmd.OpenQuery "tblTask_List Query", acViewNorm...

unable to scroll the page

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

how to use cursor to navigate active cells
With our Excel 2003, I could navigate to different cells by using the cursor keys. The cursor up key moved the active cell up. Left, right and down moved the active cell in the appropriate direction. I could select multiple cells by holding the shift key down and using the cursor keys to start selecting large groups of cells. Now, with Excel 2007, the cursor keys move the sheet around in the window, instead of moving the active cell in the indicated direction. I have found no way to select multiple cells. How can I get my Excel 2007 cursor keys to move the active cell, instead of moving t...

Unable to conect

Running Total in report using net of two columns in third column
I have a client time/fees database of over 22k records. I have a report which provided a summary of all time booke and all fees charges to that client. What I require is two additional columns the first which provides a running total of time bookings and the second which provides a running total of the net of the time booked field less the fees charged field, i.e. the net of time bookings which have not been invoiced. I can do this in excel but in access I appear to be getting data from other clients which should not be included in the report. What type of field are you usin...

Using secondary email when distributing a Campaign Activity
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a way to use the marketing list's member primary AND secondary emails when send a email mass mailout from a campaign activity. I believe we could do it using the sdk, but am not sure how (plug-in, workflow?) Has anyone achieved this somehow? Thanks Hi Fred, Yes, our latest VEM (Vizola eMarketing Addin) module has this feature, please checkout http://www.vizola.com/vem - you can download and try the evaluation version - it also includes all the template usage + tracking and bounce features you need. On the COMPOSE EMAIL screen you are presented w...

gp 10 end of the year update client computer
I downloaded the latest patch KP961354.v10-enu.msp on the server, and 3 workstations with no issues., on my workstation the patch installs and just before it finishes up, it uninstall itself, I get no error message thanks for any help -- Carol Carol, I would reinstall GP and apply the update on a clean installation. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Carol" wrote: > I downloaded the latest patch KP961354.v10-enu...