Unable to install 11.3.6 update...

This is really odd.  When I try to install the 11.3.6 update for
Office Mac (either from auto update or from download on Microsoft
website), I get the standard error that I don't have the correct
version installed.

I have verified from the Read Me file as the error message says that I
do have version 11.3.5 installed.

I've verified my specs.  Here are my specs:
PowerBook G4 1.25 Mhz
Mac OS 10.4.10
Office 2004 11.3.5

The only thing the Read Me recommends to do is to trash Office and
reinstall from the disk and reapply updates.  I REALLY don't want to
have to do that.  Any ideas out there?

Mike

On 8/11/07 6:29 PM, in article
1186882165.189033.223100@l22g2000prc.googlegroups.com,
"mrebholz72@gmail.com" <mrebholz72@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is really odd.  When I try to install the 11.3.6 update for
> Office Mac (either from auto update or from download on Microsoft
> website), I get the standard error that I don't have the correct
> version installed.
>
> I have verified from the Read Me file as the error message says that I
> do have version 11.3.5 installed.
>
> I've verified my specs.  Here are my specs:
> PowerBook G4 1.25 Mhz
> Mac OS 10.4.10
> Office 2004 11.3.5
>
> The only thing the Read Me recommends to do is to trash Office and
> reinstall from the disk and reapply updates.  I REALLY don't want to
> have to do that.  Any ideas out there?

As always, if you experience any unusual problems, download and install the
latest Apple combo updater for your Mac, since it can provide a cleaner
installation.

Combo updaters will install on the same version as they�re applying�no need
to roll back or do a clean install.

Mac OS X 10.4.10 Combo Update (PPC)
<http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosx_updates/macosx10410combo
updateppc.html>

Mac OS X 10.4.10 Combo Update (Intel)

<http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosx_updates/macosx10410combo
updateintel.html>

If you continue to have problems, then you would need to use "Remove
Office", then install from the CD and update.

How to use "Remove Office"

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/remove_office.html>
--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

diane7495 (1195)
8/12/2007 4:06:58 AM
Chances are your problem is that you ALSO have the Office Test Drive still
installed (or a part of it).

Run the Remove Office tool to remove both, then re-install Office Mac and
run the 11.3.5 and 11.3.6 updaters.

Cheers

On 12/8/07 9:29 AM, in article
1186882165.189033.223100@l22g2000prc.googlegroups.com,
"mrebholz72@gmail.com" <mrebholz72@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is really odd.  When I try to install the 11.3.6 update for
> Office Mac (either from auto update or from download on Microsoft
> website), I get the standard error that I don't have the correct
> version installed.
>
> I have verified from the Read Me file as the error message says that I
> do have version 11.3.5 installed.
>
> I've verified my specs.  Here are my specs:
> PowerBook G4 1.25 Mhz
> Mac OS 10.4.10
> Office 2004 11.3.5
>
> The only thing the Read Me recommends to do is to trash Office and
> reinstall from the disk and reapply updates.  I REALLY don't want to
> have to do that.  Any ideas out there?
>
> Mike

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1073)
8/12/2007 10:37:13 AM
I just discovered that my hard drive was having significant problems.
Running a disk repair fixed those problems and now allows for the
install of 11.3.6.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Thanks for giving us this feedback, Mike!

Clive Huggan
============

On 14/8/07 3:44 AM, in article
1187027084.948739.195430@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "mrebholz72"
<mrebholz72@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just discovered that my hard drive was having significant problems.
> Running a disk repair fixed those problems and now allows for the
> install of 11.3.6.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Mike

CRM 11-02-06
We have MS CRM 3.0 installed on our SBS 2003 Server. Daily in Event Viewer we see MSCRMWorkflowService (16649) errors. Every time we reboot our SBS server the following services that are set to automatic never start and we must start them manually. Microsoft Connector for POP4 Mailboxes Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router Service Microsoft Exchange Information Store Microsoft Exchange Management Ben Ben, The workflow service means that the CRM cannot communicate with your exchange server. And ofcourse if your exchange server is not booting up none of the dependants "pop3, ...

MSDN Installation 1.2: Javascript Errors
I have installed a CRM Server and separate CRM client (along with the supplied example database). Access through IE6 works fine. Within Sales for outlook, I have 2 issues; 1> It takes 1.5 minutes to start up Outlook (it's only a 1Ghz machine, but CPU usage appears as 1-2% while it is loading). 2> I get various script errors when clicking on the CRM Shortcuts; Errors include messages such as... 'http//crmsvr/sfa/home_comps.aspx - object does not support this property or method' IE script error 'Could not complete the operation due to error 80020101' For testing, ...

Can't received 3 MB .doc attachment
One of my user can't received 3mb attachment. I have Exchange 2003 server and I st it default no limit either for send or receive. The sender getting error mesage " 552 4.3.1 Session size exceeds fixed maximum session size Please help. Thank you Has the Sender checked with their mail admin to see if there are limits on their end? The below error is not one that I recognize as an Exchange NDR message. Do you have any other smtp servers in the mix between that company and you? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Quamar" <Quamar@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Windows update just does not find any patches for windows
I run windows update but no patches ever show up for windows. Belarc advisor and It.shavlik both say that I am missing critical and regular patches. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. RonRPh wrote: > I run windows update but no patches ever show up for windows. Belarc > advisor > and It.shavlik both say that I am missing critical and regular patches. > Any > thoughts ...

Bill Calendar does not update properly
Hi, I had to open a backup of my file and successfully updated with my bank JP Morgan Chase Bank (Texas)(direct ofx connection). After the update bills that were scheduled to be paid automatically are still showing in the calendar but they are appearing many months in the future. Is there a way to get them to show correctly in the calendar as I have confirmed with the bank that they are scheduled correctly. Thank You, Greg ...

Outlook 2002 SP2 automatic update of server rules
Laides and Gentlemen, after installing outlook 2002 on the computer I have the problem that the generated rules are automatically updated if the rule wizard is closed. Due to the big amount of rules I am using it is not possible to activate all rules on the server. With the previous version of outlook it was possible to select between automatic or manual update of the server. In the actual one this is not possilbe within the rule wizard. Is there a way to keep oll rules on the client and prevent this update of the server? Due to the fact that the client is up and running 24h / 7 da...

Install 2005 without converting my quicken file
I want to run both quicken and money on the same computer. How do I install Money 2005 without converting my Quicken file. I want to start Money from "Scratch." In microsoft.public.money, Paul wrote: >I want to run both quicken and money on the same computer. How do I install >Money 2005 without converting my Quicken file. Even if you "convert" your Quicken file, you could still run both. I believe that Money only reads your .qdf and does not change it. > >I want to start Money from "Scratch." Tell Money you do not want to convert. It will a...

Outlook crashing with v3c installed
Hi All Outlook is crashing as mentioned in article KB931270 except with outlook 2007. The supposed fix is part of KB925874 however I am not in one of the affected time zones and the fix is quite intensive meaning updates to Windows, Exchange, CRM Server and Client machines. Can anyone suggest whether I should install the patches in this situation? Ian ------=_NextPart_0001_7CA384A5 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Ian, You can still get the hotfix separately. Normally a support incident is free if it is for a hotfix. So, you could open a support incide...

home-cinema-installers.co.uk home cinema installation
if you need a superb 'home cinema installation' (http://www.home-cinema-installers.co.uk) then we give you a outstanding finnish. Thank You -- Addessapelamb ...

font installation data
How can I find out which application (not which user) installed a given font on my PC? I do NOT want to know if the font is not an original Windows font at all, I want to know why and when it was installed. On 24/12/2009 11:19, Horst Heinrich Dittgens wrote: > How can I find out which application (not which user) installed a given > font on my PC? > > I do NOT want to know if the font is not an original Windows font at > all, I want to know why and when it was installed. There is no standard way of recording this data. You may be able to get the date from th...

Project Server 2007 Task Update Status
Does anyone know of a way for me to setup a view that will enable my resource managers to view the status of task updates that have been submitted to the PM? We require PM approval of task updates before timesheets can be submitted, and I would like the resource managers to see whether thier folks have submitted updates (imported from thier timesheets) to the PM and whether those update requests are pending, approved or rejected. I can find any fields availabe in the resource assignments view that show (change requested, submission status, etc.) for tasks, nor do I see anything that I ca...

Case Modified Date/Time update on changes
Having the ModifiedOn date and time update on changes to related notes, activities or even just the OnSave event would be much more useful when reporting on neglected cases. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Com...

Unable to open calendar

Auto Except install
I want to install this, but will I be prompted to reboot the server? Do I need to do this off hours? thanks Hi Installing the Auto Accept Agent does not require a server reboot. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "spepi" <spepi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3E74ABD-4701-492C-8DA4-BDCDF18511A4@microsoft.com... >I want to install this, but will I be prompted to reboot the server? > > Do I need to do this off hours? > > thanks > Thanks Mark. Now t...

Outlook across firewall #3
We are a small franchise and access our email using Outlook 2000. The head office has the Exchange server that hosts our email across a VPN using a Raptor firewall. 2 out of 6 or our Windows 2000 SP3 clients on the same network are having problems when they try to access their email for a second time. The error they get is "Unable to access Exchange Server". The only way to access the Exchange server again is to restart Windows2000. Then it will fail with the same error if they click on the Send/Receive a second time. Thanks in advance. ...

Search Folders #3
Hi I have created a search folder that displays all email that I receive from a specific domain e.g. customer1.co.uk and this works well. I would like to add to this search folder any emails from suppliers that are relevant to this customer so I also have a category named customer1 and I assign this to those messages. So now I want a search folder that displays any mail where the from field (not the display name field) contains customer1.co.uk or the category field contains customer1. Can anybody advise on how to do this ? Many thanks in advance Jon ...

CIPAddressCtrl #3
I'm having problems creating an IP Address Ctrl using a dialog template. Does any one know how I can do this without calling Create. I seem to be able to create Edit boxes and similar from a dialog template without explicitly needing to call create. Mark >I'm having problems creating an IP Address Ctrl using a dialog template. Problems? What sort of problems? >Does any one know how I can do this without calling Create. >I seem to be able to create Edit boxes and similar from a dialog template >without explicitly needing to call create. You can do the same with the I...

Updates won't install
These 3 updates have been installed repetedly and each time it shows they have been installedhowever, the updates ready to install icon keeps showing back up saying these updates are ready to install AGAIN! And I have tried turning off spyware and anivirus to install and have restarted several times. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524) Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install) This update addresses a set of known issues of the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1. ...

unable to scroll the page

How install addt'l payroll users license
I have just purchased a license for 101-250 employees in payroll and am having trouble figuring out how to install the license key. Can anyone help me with this? Tools - Setup - System - Registration Keys You might need your system password to be able to access the Reg keys. Have all users exit out before changing the keys. Kevin "Melanie Wagner" wrote: > I have just purchased a license for 101-250 employees in payroll and am > having trouble figuring out how to install the license key. Can anyone help > me with this? ...

cannot see email progess anymore not showing ex. 3 of 25 emails
outlook 2007. after clicking on the send receive button the email progress does not show anymore at the bottom right page. the in box used to show the progress of the number of emails downloaded. ecample 3 of 84 emails ...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...