Unable to access exchange server with entourage (however other methods do work)

When I try to connect to our exchange server with entourage, all i get
is the following message:

Error -3176:
The server can't be found. Be sure the mail server information is
entered correctly in the Account Manager, and that your DNS settings in
the Network Control Panel are correct.

The strangest part is that i can access our exchange server through
webmail (no problem) or through apple's mail.app (no problem) either.

Can someone help?

0
hush5840 (1)

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:16:12 -0500, Laurent Lamblin wrote
(in article <2004102821161216807%hush@skynetbe>):

> The strangest part is that i can access our exchange server through
> webmail (no problem) or through apple's mail.app (no problem) either.

Did you enter the address of the webmail server in the Exchange settings for
Entourage ??
Anyway, Mail accesses Exchange through IMAP so it doesn't really indicate
inything in this case,

Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
      http://www.mvps.org/         http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
korventeen (753)

Exchange restore and recent file
Hello, I make an exchange Restoration from my exchange 2000 (SP3) server and i use "setup.exe /disasterrecovery" from the exchange CD-ROM.. The trouble is that it ask me for some file : " the target file is more recent that the source file, would you keep your file ? yes - no- no for all.. I don't know what to do ? because i will update to the exchnage SP3 after...and install the POST SP3 Rollup too ... Is there an exchange tool or a command that control and says if exchange works fine or not ??? for me to control after my restore.. Thanks for helping me... You can safe...

Unable to open calendar

Conditional Format Not Working
I have been using a simple red, yellow, green ICON Set to evaluate a field but the wrong icon comes up when the value matches the formula exactly. Rule: Green when value is >= cell 1 + cell 2 Yellow when < formula and >= cell 1 Red when < formula When the field value exactly matches cell 1 + cell 2, the icon comes up yellow instead of green. Note, if the rule for green is "when value >= cell 3" i.e. no formula, then the green icon shows up fine. Also note that it doesn't matter if the Type is "formula" or "number". Let me k...

will not write file to server
when i try to do save as to my nevell server i get them message file is read only. there is a hot fix for this but i don't know how to get it can someone help thanks pete The MSKB article that discusses this problem: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];824424 suggests ways to contact MS. I don't know of any other ways. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Windows Server Backup
I want to go through the restoration process of Exchange date - the entire database, individual mailboxes, emails etc. My lab setup is as follows (all in a vmware machine):- Windows Server 2008 Exchange 2007 (32-bit/sp1/eval) Email flow etc works fine. I've taken a full backup using windows server backup. When I come to restore the backup in the Select recovery type screen the option for Applications is greyed out. It says that you can recover applications that have registered with Windows Server Backup. I need to find out how to get Exchange to register with Window...

Entourage News Reader Issue
I am trying to use Entourage as a news reader for news.gmane.org. I get an error message when trying to access any of the gmane news groups. Entourage works fine with this news group and another from my ISP. I can access the gmane news groups from Outlook on a Windows machine or through Virtual PC with no problem. The gmane news groups list is available in Entourage, but when I try to access any news group on Entourage I get an error message saying: "Error: What?; Explanation: Cannot retrieve mail. Account name: ....; Error: 130" Can anyone suggest what is wrong here or tell me...

vb.net 2008 working with other Microsoft tools
I am planning to generate 8 to 15 reports in sql server report server 2008. I want to create the 8 to 15 separate sql server reports and tie them together with a table of contents in a visual basic.net 2008. I then want to export these reports into an electronic format to email to users. Can you give me suggestions on how to accomplish this task? Have a look at crystal reports that comes with visual studio, you can export as pdf, excel (but becareful there i found formatting was poor but maybe i did something wrong!) and csv "Wendy Elizabeth" <WendyElizabeth@di...

How many virtual server Exchange supports?
In 4 nodes cluster environment, how many virtual server Exchange 2003 supports? From 329208.KB.EN-US - XADM: Exchange Virtual Server Limitations on Exchange 2000 Clusters and "Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server and Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 enforce Active/Passive scenarios on Exchange clusters that have more than two nodes. This means that on a four-node Exchange 2000 cluster or a four-node Exchange 2003 cluster, only three Exchange virtual servers can be created, and only one Exchange virtual server can be hosted per node. " amyma@online.microsoft.com Please do not send email ...

unable to scroll the page

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Unable to conect

Exchange 2003 Standard edition mobile SMS (text messaging)
My mobile phone accepts SMS (text messaging). Is there any way that I make exchange to notify every time that I receive a message or I even can create an email that will send a direct message to my mobile. I understand that I can activate the mobile feature of exchange but it will require the internet to be active on my mobile costing me more money. We have Exchange 2003 Standard edition Thank you. SMS was used by Exchange ActiveSync to initiate ActiveSync in Exchange Server 2003 before SP2. The actual delivery of mail would still require a data connection on your mobile device - t...

why doesn't this modification to XML receipt work?
how can i modify the fullpage.xml file so that if the sale is charged to the customer's store account, the title of the receipt is 'SALES INVOICE' - otherwise we want the title to be 'SALES RECEIPT'...i tried modifying the file as shown below without success: <IF><CONDITION> Tender.Descriptor.TenderType = 4 </CONDITION> <THEN> <TEXT> "SALES INVOICE" </TEXT> </THEN> <ELSE> <TEXT> "SALES RECEIPT" </TEXT> </ELSE> <...

Windows 2003 server SetForegroundWindow|BringWindowToTop|SetWindow
Hi all, I'm trying to use this functions (SetForegroundWindow|BringWindowToTop|SetWindowPos) on Windows 2003 server, but it is working when I have a Administrator level and when I try the sameprogam with the operator level I have an exception like <Impossible to run this information from the remote pc>. I tryed the same program on Window XP with the operator level and it is working. Somebody knows why ? I'm looking forward to receiving an answer soon possible. BR lolo An exception sounds surprising; none of those APIs are specified as throwing an exception. You would...

SendAs for "Exchange Domain Servers" and "Exchange Enterprise Servers" denied
Hi all, I'm having problems with SMTP with all my exchange servers (4) under the same organization. The Event IDs are 7010 and 7004. I look them up and they are caused by the impossibility to authenticate between servers. I've made focus on the article 843106 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843106&sd=ee there, this paragraph call my attention: If Integrated Windows Authentication is enabled, but the events persist, the sending server in the 7004 event or in the 7010 event may lack or be denied the SendAs right on the receiving server. If the sen...

PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS
Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for large databases? David "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1783A90D-AF3E-4D91-A445-0039D4E7E379@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? > Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 > for > large databases? RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to work with ano...

Question about antivirus for Exchange 2003
I currently use Mcafee groupshield for exchange 5.5 and while it does block infected attachments, it still sends the email message to the user which generates alot of complaints. I am ugrading to Exchange 2003 and this time I want to get something that is a little more flexible and can block not only the attachment, but the message too. I will look into the latest Mcafee solution, but wanted to hear about the experiences of others on this NG. Thanks NH Hi Ned, I'm using McAfee GroupShield for Exchange 2003. For your information, the software still behave exactly as you mentioned in...

Running server reporting errors
Hi Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening regularly. A process serving application pool 'CRMAppPool' terminated unexpectedly Appreciate any help or pointers. Regards After moveing to v3 mine did this too... and recovered.. after rebooting itself! PeteC wrote: > Hi > > Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 > server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening > regularly. > > A process serving application po...

Outlook without Exchange Server
I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook 2003 can be used with pier-to-pier sertup in a small office with leass than 5 employees. The functionality desired would be to be able to forward and recieve messages, tasks, appointments, share and view calendar etc. I was wondering if outlook can be used within a workgroup in a LAN setup without having exchange server. Thanks, Athiff In news:1ad6001c423e0$2a80b120$a601280a@phx.gbl, Athiff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: || I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook || 2003 can be used with pier-...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node