two sided printing

Version: 2008
Processor: intel

I have a brand new imac and new student version of word 2008. I am using a hp L7650 all in one printer. With old imac and 2004 all was well, but now when I am using 2008 and try to print two sided, the second side prints incorrectly. It prints upside down. In other words, when you turn the paper over like a book, the page needs to turned around to read second side. I can't find option to correct, either in word 2008 or on the printer. Any help would be appreciated. Dave

Have you installed the exact printer driver for the exact printer, and
the latest version?  OS X comes with a bunch of printer drivers, so you
might not have, as the built-in drivers are often enough to use the
printer.  This is not something Word does--all instructions for this
come from the printer driver, so you need to get that sorted.  The new
iMac is the issue, more than the new Word. Check the HP website for a
driver to download and install.

You might be able to fix it regardless of the driver. In File | Print, I
change Copies and Pages to Layout, and then I have the option to select
Long-Edge Binding or Short-Edge Binding, and that's the option that is
key to solving your problem.  See if you can find something like
that--explore the File | Print dialog *thoroughly* by changing Copies
and Pages to each menu item in turn. It might have a different name in
your printer driver, or it might not.

Dave_Sperl@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2008
> Processor: intel
>
> I have a brand new imac and new student version of word 2008. I am using a hp L7650 all in one printer. With old imac and 2004 all was well, but now when I am using 2008 and try to print two sided, the second side prints incorrectly. It prints upside down. In other words, when you turn the paper over like a book, the page needs to turned around to read second side. I can't find option to correct, either in word 2008 or on the printer. Any help would be appreciated. Dave

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)

synchiing two computers?

Print W-2 and Reporting of Magnetic Media
Hello all, we have an issue where we have independent contractors and they have their employee's (we are processing payroll for our contractors). When we print W-2's it lists us as the employer to their employees. How can we establish the contractor as the Employer while still maintaining all the printing of W-2's and reporting with W-2 magnetic media. anyone ever do this before.. as far as I can tell not really an option... Just have to generate manual W-2's for each of the independent contractors "Brian" <nixtootec@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...

Print Distribution Details on Miscellaneous Check Print
Guys, Anyone know how to print the details of distribution on the Check while printing the Miscellaneous Check in GP Venu, The check format needs to be modified in Report Writer to add those fields. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Do you have a solution. "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" wrote: > Venu, > > The check format needs to be modified in Report Writer to add those > fields. > > Frank Hamelly > MCP-GP, MCT > East Coast Dynamics > www.eastcoast-dynamics.com > > ...

autoshapes on chart print in wrong positions
I have a problem in Excel (2003 v.11.8220.8202) to do with how charts are printed when they have autoshapes added to them. I have an example file that I could send through. The shapes - arrows in this case - have been added as autoshapes on the chart but when you do a print preview or print some of the arrows move up in relation to the rest of the chart. This ruins the look of the chart. I have tried a number of different printer drivers and adobe distiller driver but they do not seem to affect the output of the chart. Any suggestions? Thanks Simon Try grouping the objects. Click ...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

Server side rules not working after SP2 update
I am running Exchange 2003 Ent SP2 on a Windows 2003 Ent server. Clients are all Outlook 2003 SP2 on XP Pro SP2 I have many rules created within several User accounts to move incoming email into public folders. This worked fine until I applied Exchange SP2. Now all these rules act as if they are client-side and require Outlook to remain open to function. When I create a new rule to move an incoming email into a public folder I do not get a pop-up stating this is a client-side rule. Rules moving email into other folders within a mailbox remain server-side. Only the rules moving ema...

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

Document not printing as formatted
Documents do not print as formatted. Saving prior to printing does not help. Both alignment and font size change when document prints. Seems to happen when view is changed in view menu, or when selecting print preview. Occurs with existing and new documents. The changes occur randomly. OS is Mac 10.3.5 Printer is Epson C84 ...

Can internet side ISA to internal SSL web sever be proxied with Kerberos Protocol translation to exchange OWA on a different server?
In a Windows 2003 domain. With Exchage 2003 and ISA 2000. Is it possible to have internet web connection from ISA go to internal IIS web server that has SSL, then proxy that connection to internal Exchange Server OWA. In other words use the existing web server's certificate to force authentication for web client and set up a proxy for web access between web server and Exchange OWA which is located on a different box then the IIS web server. SSL credentials could be passed with Kerberos protocol translation to Exchange OWA This would be for a non-production, small test domain use...

Printing Members of Distribution List and Email addresses
Hi Folks, We just recently migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. Is there an easy way to get a print out of members of a distribution list and their email address? Used to be a bear in 5.5 so I'm hoping MS made it easier in Exchange 2003. Thanks for your help. Zach You'll need to get this information from Active Directory now. I wrote a small and basic script to do this a few years back which you can find here: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/dumping_group_m.html I'm sure you can modify this to suit your needs, or have a trawl around for more ad...

two variables
I have a query that asks for collcode, collcode2 and booth. On any given day an employee may be collcode or collcode2. I would like to know how many times a certain emp has been paired with another employee. So how do I ask if an employee has been collcode/collcode2 and who the other person was? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help Query one: SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Booth FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT CollCode2, CollCode, Booth FROM YourTable Query Two SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Count(CollCode) AS TIMESPAIRED FROM QueryOne GROUP BY CollCode, CollCode2 IF y...

Find two PCI instance but load Init() one time
Hi all, I'm developing a stream interface driver for my PCI device under WinCE 6.0 and this driver works very well currently. Now, I got a problem when testing two the same PCI devices with my stream driver. The registry can find two PCI instances (i.e. PCI\Instance\mydrv1, PCI\ Instance\mydrv2) but system only call my XXX_init() one time. Does anyone know what the problem is? The following information is my registry setting: ================================================================== [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Template\mydrv] "Dll"="myd...

Postcard printing #2
Is there any way to print 8 standard size postcards on 11x17 paper? Assuming you want to stay within the 23� stamp size you could do it with a size of 5"x4" and have an overall margin of �". First do a Printer setup for 11"x17" card stock. Create a single work area of 5" width and 4" height. (You can select the smallest margins of your choice here) Pour forth your artistic creation of the card. (The following is for Publisher 2000) Now to print it (them) File Print Page options button Select "Print multiple copies" Select "C...

Format worksheet to view only the print area cells in Excel
Simple I know but have stumped everyone. How do I format a worksheet to view only the selected print area in the working area. In other words I do not want to see any other columns or row numbers - just a gray background which makes the worksheet look like a clean piece of paper or form when you open it Here's one way to accomplish that effect: 1) Fill all cell outside the print area as grey. 2) Hide the row/column headers. 3) Lock the scroll area of the worksheet to just the print area. Let me know if you need help with any of these steps. -- Excel_Geek ----------------------...

Comparing two lists for matches
Hi, I am trying to do the following: There are two sets of supplier lists - A List and B List. I need to compare the two lists. Source A is my master. Source B is a subset of that but has contact information for all the suppliers. Hence, my goal is to retrieve the contact information from Source B and match it to the suppliers of Source A. The above can be easliy achieved using a vlookup funtion. But the problem is that some of the supplier names in the two lists are not exact matches. Hence, vlookup does not catch it. For instance, a supplier is listed as ABC Inc. in A list and as ABC, inc....

Compare two lists of names
Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the other is first name last? try this formual: =RIGHT(TRIM(E2),LEN(E2)-FIND(" ",E2))&" "&TRIM(LEFT(TRIM(E2),FIND(" ",E2))) it will convert First name last name to last name, first name or Visa versa. then you can compare your lists. "ea" wrote: > Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the > other is first name last? ...

Two copies of all Mailboxes
Using my sbs2003 srver with exchange 2003 installed - I notice two copies of all users mail box in the list of mailboxes using outlook 2003 on the same server. When I try to close these I get an error syaing mail boxes in use. I cn not remove them. Can you tell me how to remove these so I have just on mail box visible per user? thx Kevin Cain Class TECHNOLOGY ...

Report-not required to print if field is null-concatenated field q
Please tell me how to configure the field in a report not to print if the value is null (simple concatenated field in query (ie [age 2] &" "&years old). The age field is not always entered, so in the report it reads "years old", which does not look good! In ControlSource property for field, try =NZ(ColumnName,[Age] & ' years old','') -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime". "Anni" wrote: > Please tell me how to configure the field in a r...

How do I create a chart on two axes with two lines and a bar
I am trying to compare two final stock prices to the average volume. So, teh left axes would have the numbers for the stock prices, and the right axes would have the volume. The two stock prices would be lines using the left, and the volume a bar using the right. I can do one line and one bar, but I can't figure out two lines. Can anyone help? Forget the built in custom types. It's better to build your own. Create your chart using all the data, to produce a chart with three line series all on the primary axis. Select the Volume series, and on the Chart menu, use Chart Type to ch...

how do I display last two digits of a SSN in a separate column
I am trying to create a formula to take an existing list of 8 or 9 digit numbers and display the last two numbers in a separate column. Is this possible? Try =RIGHT(A1,2) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "katbone1" wrote: > I am trying to create a formula to take an existing list of 8 or 9 digit > numbers and display the last two numbers in a separate column. Is this > possible? Hi Use a formula =3Dright(A1, 2...

Combining Text and numbers from two cells
Hi all please help i have a cell with a number such as 6000 (a1) and another cell with a text aaa- and i would like to combine them in another cell to make aaa-6000, could somebody please help me with a formula? thanks Andrew -- koba ------------------------------------------------------------------------ koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28639 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492631 Hi! Try this: A1 = 6000 B1 = aaa =B1&"-"&A1 Biff "koba" <koba.1zwtbm_1134361504.8695...