Two Button Mouse Compatibility

Does anyone know of a two button mouse that is compatible with the Mac (has
Mac drivers) which will enable use of the same features in Office v.X that
the two button mouse does in Windows versons of Office.

For example, right clicking a misspelled word gives suggested correct
spellings in Windows.

Thanks,
Mike
0
Hammon (1)

"Mike Hammon" <Mike Hammon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a two button mouse that is compatible with the Mac
> (has
> Mac drivers) which will enable use of the same features in Office v.X that
> the two button mouse does in Windows versons of Office.
>
> For example, right clicking a misspelled word gives suggested correct
> spellings in Windows.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Almost _any_ two-button mouse will work right out of the box with OS X since
it has drivers built in.  I've seen over a dozen various ones myself or on
other computers that worked instantly when plugged in.

-Mark

0
mmmmark
8/29/2005 1:51:53 PM
Thanks Mark for the quick reply, but my question is a bit more narrowly
focused on Office.  Have you seen any of those mice that, when right-clicked
for example, energize special functions in Office applications like Word?

Thanks.

"mmmmark" wrote:

> "Mike Hammon" <Mike Hammon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know of a two button mouse that is compatible with the Mac
> > (has
> > Mac drivers) which will enable use of the same features in Office v.X that
> > the two button mouse does in Windows versons of Office.
> >
> > For example, right clicking a misspelled word gives suggested correct
> > spellings in Windows.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mike
>
> Almost _any_ two-button mouse will work right out of the box with OS X since
> it has drivers built in.  I've seen over a dozen various ones myself or on
> other computers that worked instantly when plugged in.
>
> -Mark

It doesn't require the mouse to get special functions in Office.  You have
access to all those functions without a two-button mouse by holding down
control as you click, in fact (control-click is the Mac equivalent of
right-click).  Try it--works in any program that offers contextual menus,
including the Finder.

The mouse has nothing to do with it, and just about any mouse plugged in
will offer left-click and right-click.  For say, a 5 button mouse where you
want to custom program the scroll wheel button, you do need something that
offers Mac drivers to get at the customization.  (or for Apple's new mouse,
you need Tiger).

On 8/29/05 7:01 AM,  "Mike Hammon" wrote:

> Thanks Mark for the quick reply, but my question is a bit more narrowly
> focused on Office.  Have you seen any of those mice that, when right-clicked
> for example, energize special functions in Office applications like Word?
>
> Thanks.
>
> "mmmmark" wrote:

>> Almost _any_ two-button mouse will work right out of the box with OS X since
>> it has drivers built in.  I've seen over a dozen various ones myself or on
>> other computers that worked instantly when plugged in.
>>
>> -Mark
>

>> "Mike Hammon" <Mike Hammon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Does anyone know of a two button mouse that is compatible with the Mac
>>> (has
>>> Mac drivers) which will enable use of the same features in Office v.X that
>>> the two button mouse does in Windows versons of Office.
>>>
>>> For example, right clicking a misspelled word gives suggested correct
>>> spellings in Windows.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Mike

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
8/29/2005 2:31:00 PM
Dalya and Mark,

Thanks.  I've been using control-click in Word and it does indeed work.  I'm
just lazy enough from using Windows at work to want to use the mouse to do
the same functins when I use my Mac at home.

I think, from your suggestions, that the solution is to buy a programmable
mouse with Mac drivers and program one of the buttons to be control-click.
Maybe the Apple Mighty Mouse combined with USB override.  Do any of
Microsoft's mice come with Mac drivers?

Thanks,
Mike

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

> It doesn't require the mouse to get special functions in Office.  You have
> access to all those functions without a two-button mouse by holding down
> control as you click, in fact (control-click is the Mac equivalent of
> right-click).  Try it--works in any program that offers contextual menus,
> including the Finder.
>
> The mouse has nothing to do with it, and just about any mouse plugged in
> will offer left-click and right-click.  For say, a 5 button mouse where you
> want to custom program the scroll wheel button, you do need something that
> offers Mac drivers to get at the customization.  (or for Apple's new mouse,
> you need Tiger).
>

> On 8/29/05 7:01 AM,  "Mike Hammon" wrote:
>
> > Thanks Mark for the quick reply, but my question is a bit more narrowly
> > focused on Office.  Have you seen any of those mice that, when right-clicked
> > for example, energize special functions in Office applications like Word?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "mmmmark" wrote:
>

> >> Almost _any_ two-button mouse will work right out of the box with OS X since
> >> it has drivers built in.  I've seen over a dozen various ones myself or on
> >> other computers that worked instantly when plugged in.
> >>
> >> -Mark
> >

> >> "Mike Hammon" <Mike Hammon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> --
> Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
> Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
> MacWord Tips: <http://www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/>
> What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Mike,
I don't want to generalise, but I should think that ANY two-button mouse
will work on a Mac the way you want, i.e. with the right button behaving as
ctrl-/right-click. I'm currently using a cheap Microsoft mouse with my
Powerbook
(http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=
007), and it didn't even come with an install disk, as it works straight out
of the box. And, best of all, as other posters have already pointed out, it
is even possible to configure standard mice (is that the plural for "mouse"
in the computer sense?), i.e. mice with two buttons and a scroll wheel, in
the OS's system preferences. For instance, my mouse has this scroll wheel
which also acts as a regular button, so I set it up to act as an Expos�
launcher, which is quite nice. It's only with more complex mice (more than
say, three buttons) that you'll need drivers for your Mac.

On 30.08.05 14:15, in article
55CFE4A9-D1CB-4960-811E-3D69B45FD706@microsoft.com, "Mike Hammon"
<MikeHammon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Dalya and Mark,
>
> Thanks.  I've been using control-click in Word and it does indeed work.  I'm
> just lazy enough from using Windows at work to want to use the mouse to do
> the same functins when I use my Mac at home.
>
> I think, from your suggestions, that the solution is to buy a programmable
> mouse with Mac drivers and program one of the buttons to be control-click.
> Maybe the Apple Mighty Mouse combined with USB override.  Do any of
> Microsoft's mice come with Mac drivers?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
>
> "Daiya Mitchell" wrote:
>
>> It doesn't require the mouse to get special functions in Office.  You have
>> access to all those functions without a two-button mouse by holding down
>> control as you click, in fact (control-click is the Mac equivalent of
>> right-click).  Try it--works in any program that offers contextual menus,
>> including the Finder.
>>
>> The mouse has nothing to do with it, and just about any mouse plugged in
>> will offer left-click and right-click.  For say, a 5 button mouse where you
>> want to custom program the scroll wheel button, you do need something that
>> offers Mac drivers to get at the customization.  (or for Apple's new mouse,
>> you need Tiger).
>>

>> On 8/29/05 7:01 AM,  "Mike Hammon" wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Mark for the quick reply, but my question is a bit more narrowly
>>> focused on Office.  Have you seen any of those mice that, when right-clicked
>>> for example, energize special functions in Office applications like Word?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>> --
>> Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
>> Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
>> MacWord Tips: <http://www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/>
>> What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
m_bintener (105)
8/30/2005 12:46:13 PM
Michael, this is really great news.  I think I can find some old MS mouse to
try on my Powerbook 667/Tiger.

Thanks to all for the help.

Cheers,
Mike

On 8/30/05 5:46 AM,  "Michel Bintener" wrote:

> And, best of all, as other posters have already pointed out, it
> is even possible to configure standard mice (is that the plural for "mouse"
> in the computer sense?), i.e. mice with two buttons and a scroll wheel, in
> the OS's system preferences. For instance, my mouse has this scroll wheel
> which also acts as a regular button, so I set it up to act as an Expos�
> launcher, which is quite nice. It's only with more complex mice (more than
> say, three buttons) that you'll need drivers for your Mac.

Didn't realize the OS could program the scroll wheel. Nice.

Daiya

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
8/30/2005 6:38:48 PM
The only trick is that it won't be very configurable (or at all).  Some of
the mice that have custom software allow you to pick things like "one page
at a time" in the scroll speed and let you define prefs differently for each
application.

But I've used a microsoft mouse by plugging it in and having both buttons
and the scroll wheel work instantly.  :-)

-Mark

"Daiya Mitchell" <daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID> wrote in message
> On 8/30/05 5:46 AM,  "Michel Bintener" wrote:
>
>> And, best of all, as other posters have already pointed out, it
>> is even possible to configure standard mice (is that the plural for
>> "mouse"
>> in the computer sense?), i.e. mice with two buttons and a scroll wheel,
>> in
>> the OS's system preferences. For instance, my mouse has this scroll wheel
>> which also acts as a regular button, so I set it up to act as an Expos�
>> launcher, which is quite nice. It's only with more complex mice (more
>> than
>> say, three buttons) that you'll need drivers for your Mac.
>>
> Didn't realize the OS could program the scroll wheel. Nice.
>
> Daiya

0
mmmmark

Auto-Select Button on "Lot # Selection" screen in Manufacturing
I have a test company and a live company, the test company has the "Auto-Select Button" active in the "Lot # Selection" screen, and I can enter quantities in the quantity lines available to insert into the document. In the Live company I cannot do this. And the "Auto-Complete Button" is disabled, and I cannot type in the quantities of the Lot/Bin for the document How do I make this feature active? I tried turning on "AutoAssign Lot Numbers" in SOP setup, no luck...this is not selected in either DB. Help please? Thanks, Rick ...

synchiing two computers?

QUESTION ABOUT DISABLING A BUTTON ON A FORM
I have 2 checkbox on a form and a button. The button is disabled when the form is loaded and enabled when either of the checkboxes is checked. What I want to do is set things up such that when the checkboxes are both unchecked, the button is disabled. I tried the On Current event of the form, see below, but that didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.chkFilterBy.Value = False And Me.chkTimeRange.Value = False Then Me.cmdFilter.Enabled = True Else Me.cmdFilter.Enabled = False End If End Sub Private Sub Form_Load() M...

Mouse event question
Does anybody know if is there an event triggered in the CWnd class when a mouse "enters" that class, I mean, for example, when the mouse moves out from a view, or returns to a mainframe from the desktop? So far, the only workaround I've found is to use the OnSetCursor event to signal the position of the mouse, but this is not the optimal, since is triggered each time the mouse moves, making the application slow, and, as I said, I only need a signal that tells me when the mouse leaves one window and enter to another. Thanks a lot for your attention. OnMouseMove is what you nee...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

Lost send mail button
Suddenly the send button is missing from the toolbar and the help database doesn't give information on how to restore it. The button is on the general bar but not on the message itself, so that I can put it in the outbox, but it won't go out because it hasn't been "sent". Very frustrating, and my manual doesn't cover it. Thanks for help. Urgento! ...

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

Custom POS button for blind closeout
Hi Is anyone aware of an internal command which can be used for a custom POS button to perform a blind closeout? Many thanks, Nick -- The Bottle Bank 2 Tidemill House, Discovery Quay Falmouth, TR11 3XP Tel: 01326 218 319 www.bottlebankwine.co.uk I don't know the internal command, but we did it a different way. I think that "F5" brings up the blind close window. On our machines we just made a macro to do this and assigned a button to it. You still have to select it, but it helps our cashiers. Hopefully this helps. "NickH" wrote: &g...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

two variables
I have a query that asks for collcode, collcode2 and booth. On any given day an employee may be collcode or collcode2. I would like to know how many times a certain emp has been paired with another employee. So how do I ask if an employee has been collcode/collcode2 and who the other person was? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help Query one: SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Booth FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT CollCode2, CollCode, Booth FROM YourTable Query Two SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Count(CollCode) AS TIMESPAIRED FROM QueryOne GROUP BY CollCode, CollCode2 IF y...

Find two PCI instance but load Init() one time
Hi all, I'm developing a stream interface driver for my PCI device under WinCE 6.0 and this driver works very well currently. Now, I got a problem when testing two the same PCI devices with my stream driver. The registry can find two PCI instances (i.e. PCI\Instance\mydrv1, PCI\ Instance\mydrv2) but system only call my XXX_init() one time. Does anyone know what the problem is? The following information is my registry setting: ================================================================== [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Template\mydrv] "Dll"="myd...

Comparing two lists for matches
Hi, I am trying to do the following: There are two sets of supplier lists - A List and B List. I need to compare the two lists. Source A is my master. Source B is a subset of that but has contact information for all the suppliers. Hence, my goal is to retrieve the contact information from Source B and match it to the suppliers of Source A. The above can be easliy achieved using a vlookup funtion. But the problem is that some of the supplier names in the two lists are not exact matches. Hence, vlookup does not catch it. For instance, a supplier is listed as ABC Inc. in A list and as ABC, inc....

Compare two lists of names
Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the other is first name last? try this formual: =RIGHT(TRIM(E2),LEN(E2)-FIND(" ",E2))&" "&TRIM(LEFT(TRIM(E2),FIND(" ",E2))) it will convert First name last name to last name, first name or Visa versa. then you can compare your lists. "ea" wrote: > Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the > other is first name last? ...

undo
It happened all of a sudden: when I type something in a cell and move to another cell, the undo button greys and the undo function is therefore disabled. It never happened before, and I have no recollection of having modified settings. in this regard I could not find any setting to enable/disable the undo-redo buttons. can please somebody help/ thanks Have you got some macro running? Mostropovich wrote: > It happened all of a sudden: > when I type something in a cell and move to another cell, the undo button > greys and the undo function is therefore disabled. > It never hap...

Compatible driver f. writemaster
I'm having a problem with installing win98. No compatable driver is on the start diskette for my DVD/WriteMaster optical drive. I downloaded a driver from samsung. This one fills more than can be contained on the disk. Does anyone know how this problem can be tackled ?. The 40GB fat32 formated harddisk intended for win98 is mounted as a secand drive on a Vista machine. Any problem with this too ?. Thanks. /senn Get a old PC and put put win98 it on it>>>. you can get one for $25 with 10 gb hard disk Then Copy to that 40GB fat32 formated hard disk @ Drive D:\ and ...

Modify columns on Account view from Regarding button on email
Hi all, I have added a custom field, Alias, to the Account entity. When users write a new email and click on the Regarding button to track it in CRM, they get an Account view to select the account. I would like to modify the columns to display the new field I have added because users need it to tell accounts apart. They cannot send emails from within that account in CRM because those emails do not go out. I have tried modifying the existing Account views but none of them seems to be used by the Regarding button. Do I have to use the SDK? Thanks! Hi, If i understood your requirment correct...

Two copies of all Mailboxes
Using my sbs2003 srver with exchange 2003 installed - I notice two copies of all users mail box in the list of mailboxes using outlook 2003 on the same server. When I try to close these I get an error syaing mail boxes in use. I cn not remove them. Can you tell me how to remove these so I have just on mail box visible per user? thx Kevin Cain Class TECHNOLOGY ...

Control Button
Hello I need some help with a form. What I am trying to do is, to place a button on a form in MS Access so that when you click on it, in another field it will display a number one. If you click on the same button again it will change the one to a two and so on. Wes Private Sub YourCommandButton_Click() YourTextBox = YourTextBox + 1 End Sub -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200705/1 "Wes Derhak" <derhak.wg@shaw.ca&...

Photo Shop Compatible to XP/SP3
Hi: I've been using 'Microsoft Digital Image 2006' since 2007 or earlier. It's been a terrific program, particularly 'Photo Shop' when in needing to enhance images and etc. However, on XP/SP3, MDI 2006 is VERY sluggish and often it's hard to load photoes. My question is; What or which Photo-Shop/program is more compatible to XP/SP3? Thanks for your help in advance. MapleE. wrote: > Hi: > I've been using 'Microsoft Digital Image 2006' since 2007 or earlier. It's > been a terrific program, particularly 'Photo Sh...

How do I create a chart on two axes with two lines and a bar
I am trying to compare two final stock prices to the average volume. So, teh left axes would have the numbers for the stock prices, and the right axes would have the volume. The two stock prices would be lines using the left, and the volume a bar using the right. I can do one line and one bar, but I can't figure out two lines. Can anyone help? Forget the built in custom types. It's better to build your own. Create your chart using all the data, to produce a chart with three line series all on the primary axis. Select the Volume series, and on the Chart menu, use Chart Type to ch...

Option Button protection on spreadsheet
Hi I have (thanks to this newsgroup) successfully set up a user form leading to a spreadsheet which has options Yes or No - these answers 1 or 2 are in turn fed into another sheet with If statements to show text. Eg: If the user clicks the Yes Option then 1 appears and in the final sheet =if(A21=1,"Please let us quote you","Customer already has insurance") So, everything is working but what I do not want to happen is that the user clicks on the group box and drags the position of the option buttons - I have tried to protect the sheet - contents but then I cannot cl...

how do I display last two digits of a SSN in a separate column
I am trying to create a formula to take an existing list of 8 or 9 digit numbers and display the last two numbers in a separate column. Is this possible? Try =RIGHT(A1,2) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "katbone1" wrote: > I am trying to create a formula to take an existing list of 8 or 9 digit > numbers and display the last two numbers in a separate column. Is this > possible? Hi Use a formula =3Dright(A1, 2...