translating microsoft office to iMac 9.0.4

Help!

I have an iMac OS9.0.4 to which I would like to transfer a fair amount of
'word' documents as well as photographs that I have from my PC.
Any help on how to perform this translation would be appreciated.

Thanks,
lds

0
ellen2 (1)

Hi!!
CAn you please let us know the OS on the PC.
Are these computers networked?

Naren

"ellen2" <ellen2@gwi.net> wrote in message
> Help!
>
> I have an iMac OS9.0.4 to which I would like to transfer a fair amount of
> 'word' documents as well as photographs that I have from my PC.
> Any help on how to perform this translation would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> lds

0
n_saggu (4)
8/18/2004 2:25:06 PM
In article <BD48D79E.5B1%ellen2@gwi.net>, ellen2 <ellen2@gwi.net>
wrote:

> Help!
>
> I have an iMac OS9.0.4 to which I would like to transfer a fair amount of
> 'word' documents as well as photographs that I have from my PC.
> Any help on how to perform this translation would be appreciated.

WinWord97/00/02/03 files share the same format as MacWord98/01/v.X/04.
Just open them with MacWord.

Photographs can be transferred without translation, too, as long as you
have a graphics program that can read them - what format are they in?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Checkbox #4
Hi When a checkbox is checked I need it to allow data to be entered in certain cells. If the checkbox is uncheck the cells would be greyed out and data could not be entered. Is this possible? Many thanks Luke Excel doesn't quite work like that. But you can use a combination of worksheet protection and the "locked-ness" of a cell to do what you want. I put a checkbox from the forms toolbar on a worksheet. I added this code to a general module: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCBX As CheckBox Dim myRng As Range Dim myCell As Range Dim myPWD As S...

New CRM 3.0 setup on MS windows server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition
Very new to this process, can anyone assist me with the system requirments screen. "Setup cannot find the specified Microsoft Exchange Server." but I am able to ping it and log into it. I entered the external and internal IP and tried the internal name for the "Incoming Exchange server name" field. What should be in that field? Same Issue. Any ideas? "New to CRM" wrote: > Very new to this process, can anyone assist me with the system requirments > screen. "Setup cannot find the specified Microsoft Exchange Server." but I > am able...

Publisher Question #4
I have created a poster/flyer but when I took it to printer they could not print the size I wanted, 24x30" because they said I needed to increase the size of what I placed on the disc. How do I do that, I have tried all i know I suspect you may have misunderstood what your printer said. What size is your original Publisher drawing? Maybe your design has a different width to height proportion than 24 x 30. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "MsJLee" <MsJLee@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

0's getting truncating during Import
Hi, I have a requirement like this. Thru PLSQL i will wirite data to excel file. Im using tab as seperator for columns. There is one column which i will have characters.but all the characters were numbers. For Example i will have data like this 01234,02345,0012,0234 But if im opening the excel File the leading 0's are getting truncated. I need actual data to be preserved in Excel. For this i have appended single quote for that column.but it was the deviation from my requirement. Can any one help me in this context Regards, Md.Sam -- samdani_md ------------------------------------...

Microsoft Invoice Designer Problem with Company LOGO
Im with proble to insert a logho of my company. When i try.. cant change logo size... the mouse dont left size optin. ...

DBMS: 8114 Microsoft Dynamics GP: 8114
hi, When I am trying to post entry from Fixed Assets to GL the following errors will occur in Microsoft GP 10.0 "The stored Procedure aagUpdateBrowseTypeForBRVoiedTRX returned the following results: DBMS:8114, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 8114." Kindly help me out to resolve this problem.. Imran If the error text refers to both DBTYPE_DATE and datetime, respectively, this error message indicates that a DBTYPE_DATE OLE DB data type column from a remote table could not be converted to a datetime value in Microsoft SQL Server. The DBTYPE_DATE column most likely has a value outside the r...

The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in failed to initialize the user's language setting
Hello I have CRM 4 + RU7 on server; CRM 4 + RU5 + Office 2007 SP2 + Win 7; I try to upgrade Outlook Client to RU7 but after success install it do not start in Outlook with error : The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in failed to initialize the user's language setting. Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x80131534. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=671. How to solve this problem ? B.I. "B.I." wrote: > Hello > > I have CRM 4 + RU7 on server; > CRM 4 + RU5 + Office 2007 SP2 + Win 7; > > I try to upgrade Outlook Client to RU7 but a...

OSX10.1.9 Update Issues
Hi, all. Downloading the OfficeX-1019UpdateEN.dmg from the Microsoft site. It downloads fine (39mb), and the file shows on the desktop, but nothing happens when I double click. Have deleted and tried a couple of times. Sometimes I get a message stating that the "volume failed to mount". It looks like it tries to open, then nothing. I know I should probably get a more current Office, but can I get this update to work? Am using a 1.67 gig PwerPC G4 Aluminum laptop running OS 10.4.10. thanks -- JP Cummings Well, had several versions of the dmg on my desktop and one of the...

Setting the date in office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) All mails sent out and all documents I save is listed as if they were all from the day I installed the programme. (The time is correct though). Its impossible to locate old files by the date since theyre all form the same date. How can I change this? Please help! Hi Julie - Most likely because you've left the programs running ever since the installation :-) Date & Time information is furnished by the OS, it isn't "set" by the programs or by Office. However, most applications pick up the Date information on launch...

Can i use Office on a U3 stick?
I have ab Sandisk Cruzer Micro with 4GB. I added U3 to it. My question is, now, you can only run U3 software on the stick. Not even portable ones. U3 software comes as an *.u3p. It has its own platform to be run on Launchpad. Can you convert Office to U3P portablity? "march5" <march5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC38048F-6401-464E-93D0-0EA922EAE67B@microsoft.com... > I have ab Sandisk Cruzer Micro with 4GB. I added U3 to it. My question is, > now, you can only run U3 software on the stick. Not even portable ones. U3 > software comes...

SQL Options for User Ids in Dynamics GP 9.0
1) I'd like the SQL options flags for User Id and Company Access Maintenance from Version 8.0 to be brought back for SQL2000 versions of 9.0 -- Joe ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/...

Need RMS OPOS Driver for VeriFone 1000 PinPad v1.5.0.0
Hi all, Does anyone have the RMS OPOS Driver for VeriFone 1000 PinPad v1.5.0.0? I need to for a Verifone 100SE with USB. It's a little frustrating the neither Verifone nor Microsoft has a driver download page. (MS POS Product Managers, are you listening? :) ) Regards, Tom This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01CA93A6.1F669070 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Tom, The VeriFone page has the driver for the USB version = www.verifone.com/technical-support.aspx un...

Syncing CRM 3.0 Contacts w/ Blackberry
Good day everyone, I’ve searched around the forums and looked around to solve this dilemma, but I’m still stuck! Background: My boss and a few employees have the RIM Blackberry and we have the MS Small Business Server SP1, Exchange 2003, and CRM 3.0 Problem: How do we sync the contacts that are in the CRM 3.0 to the Blackberry contacts? (Without exporting every single contact into a CSV and then importing them back to a personal folder). Before CRM 3.0, we had an Exchange Server and my boss simply dragged a copy from the “shared” contacts to his personal contacts and then would syn...

Zip Code Last 4 Digit as Zero
I have a Zip Code Table with only the first 5 digits and do not have the last 4 digit. How can I make them in 9 digit zip code with the last 4 digit as 0000?. manually I've been doing this (01234 then add the last digit as -0000) which come to this 01234-0000. With a five digit ZIP code in A1, in another cell: =A1 & "-0000" -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "cheppy" wrote: > I have a Zip Code Table with only the first 5 digits and do not have the last > 4 digit. > How can I make them in 9 digit zip code with the last 4 digit...

If statement with 9 sequences.. problem
Hello everybody, I currently have an IF statement w/8 sequences and it is working properly. I'm doing this for tax purposes. When I try to add one more sequence, it doesn't work. basically I just want to say If B4<529,0. I want it to return a value of zero if cell B4 is < 529. This is my current formula: =IF(B15<943,(B15-529)*0.1,IF(B15<2914,(B15-942)*0.15,IF(B15<3618,(B15-2913)*0.25,IF(B15<4772,(B15-3617)*0.27,IF(B15<5580,(B15-4771)*0.25,IF(B15<8347,(B15-5579)*0.28,IF(B15<14670,(B15-8346)*0.33,IF(B15>14669,(B15-14669)*0.35,0)))))))) P...

3party Omni prices for version 9.0 dynamics
I want to if the omni prices works in dynamics 9.0 I have it working on a couple of V9.0 Sites with no problems noted. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP http://www.AccoladePublications.com Documentation for Software Users "Pedro Ramos" wrote: > I want to if the omni prices works in dynamics 9.0 > > > Have a look at the downloads pages of Winthrop's web site (http://www.winthropdc.com), you can see which versions are supported. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Busi...

Loss of alert sounds in Office 2004
Hi. I bought a new iMAC 1.8 GHz 20-inch about two weeks ago, and transferred all my folders and apps using the migration wizard. Things initially worked fine. However, for the past week I am unable to get any alert sounds to play for any Office 2004 applications. I've checked the Preference boxes multiple times, without success. (Interestingly, sometimes the preference boxes for the alert sounds un-check themselves.) I had installed upgrades to 10.4.1 and Office 2004 service pack and updater 11.1.0 before I started having this problem. I've reinstalled Office and repaired permissions a...

Another Victim to Office SP-2
Like several of you I fell for it and installed Office SP-2 and in doing so lost the ability to access my Excel and Word Docs that were previously created. When I go to open Excel I get an Unable to Read File error. Likewise when I get a similiar error when trying to load word or a word document. Rundown of my case 1) Office XP Professiona 2) Tried to Reinstall/Repair ect with lots of headaches and liitle help 3) Tried to Unregister and then ReRegister Excel with no success(excel.exe /unregserver) &(excel.exe /regserver 4) Tried to ReRegister WinWord (winword.exe /r 5) Note I am using Nor...

Runtime Error 9
I'm receiving a Runtime error 9 when trying to update a file tha contains a macro. I don't what is causing the error -- Lizz45i ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lizz45ie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2341 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37459 What line of code is causing the error? An error 9, "subscript out of range," occurs when you're attempting to retrieve a non-existant item from a collection. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - ...

Updating Student,Teachers version Office XP
After updating the above version on the pc at work, when using outlook to read emails, after downloading the latest unread emails, a box appears saying that a program wishes to access the contacts/address book. It does not say which program, when you click help it says that you can give permission to allow access for upto 10 minutes but warns that it may be a virus. The pc is always kept upto date re anti-virus and firewall. After scanning machine no virus or worms or trojans were found. There does not appear to be a way of stopping this from happening. The pc has two user accounts o...

Office 2001, can't save
Hi, I am running OS8.6 w/office 2001. I brought a excel file to my Mac from a PC. When I tryed to save it I got the hour glass and it just stayed there and wouldn't save so I had to shut the machine down. Later I began to have the same problem with Word. It seems to be getting worse. Now I can't save or open any existing file in excel or word. Before this happened it seemed to me that Word was slowing a lot and doing a lot of hard disk "thrashing" as I was opening, closing, saving. I have increased the memory alottment, tossed the preferences and renamed to norma...

Office Access the OLE server or ActiveX control"
Hello, Could somebody help me. When I try to open .mde file access give message,"A problem occurred while MS Office Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX control" I already re-install Office. Other programs work very well. "nulg" <nulg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E0455D5-6AD6-4AF0-A7E8-8B05BECFD1FD@microsoft.com... > Hello, > Could somebody help me. > When I try to open .mde file access give message,"A problem occurred while > MS Office Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX control" ...

Error in the Event viewer MSCRMExRouter : EventID 0 error 0x80040E
Hi, I'm a lot of errors in the CRM event viewer. Is someone know an issue ? (There is no dot "." in the CRM mailbox name.) Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMExRouter Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 08/03/2007 Time: 09:17:55 User: N/A Computer: WRENMS Description: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceException: Connection to mailbox: CRM Router Mailbox failed (System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040E19): Object or data matching the name, range, or selection criteria was not found within the scope of this operation. at ...

Office Outlook 2003 won't work!
I have tried every help program I could find and followed each step and still get this message when trying to send or receive email...."The operation failed. An object could not be found." That's it, then I click ok and its gone, try to send again and the same message comes back up. Its configured to my ISP comcast, I tried everything, any ideas anyone? Have you searched the Microsoft Knowledge Base for that error message? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the ...

Freeze at "Optimizing Font Menu..." for all Office apps
As of yesterday, all Office 2004 apps freeze at "Optimizing Font Menu Performance". I can open all Microsoft Office X apps, so I am not sure what the problem is. I tried trashing all prefs, zapping PRAM, even trashing the whole Microsoft Office 2004 folder and reinstalling...no luck. While I can open all documents using Microsoft Office X, I did pay for Office 2004 and would like to be able to use it...as of now I cannot. Office 2004 is more sensitive to corruption than Office X. Since it freezes on fonts, you should probably test your fonts by doing a bubble search--remove half ...