Translate Word Perfect Files

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

Is there any way to open a word perfect file, and then save it in Word format?

Hello -

Mac Word stopped including WordPerfect filters/converters several versions
back. However, if you have access to a PC running Word you can probably open
the file there & save it in .doc format - depending on which version of WP
created the file. If the current versions of PC Word don't have the
necessary equipment there are additional filters available from:

http://gmayor.com/downloads.htm

You may also be interested in a product from DataViz called MacLink Plus
Deluxe which will not only do those conversions but many more as well:

http://www.dataviz.com/products/maclinkplus/index.html

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/4/08 11:18 PM, in article 59b56117.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"bossanovabassets@officeformac.com" <bossanovabassets@officeformac.com>
wrote:

> Version: 2004
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
> Processor: Power PC
>
> Is there any way to open a word perfect file, and then save it in Word format?

If you just need to do one file, not a whole set, the free AbiWord may
meet your needs.

bossanovabassets@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2004
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
> Processor: Power PC
>
> Is there any way to open a word perfect file, and then save it in Word format?

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
8/5/2008 12:37:09 PM
Thank you both. I had never heard of AbiWord before. It did the trick. I will use the other PC filters on my work computer.
AbiWord worked for me also. It allowed me to open a word perfect document and then save it as a .doc.
0
Philbb

Hidden files in Ms-Query cause ODBC connect errors or Query is wac
I have a Query fetch_from_bob that moves data (collapses records,unique key search, etc...) from excel spreadsheet "bob" to excel spreadsheet "fred". Fred and bob live in the same directory" c:\123directory" on the same computer. I allow this query to execute/refresh data automatically when one of the query paramaters is changed. This works great. I also have a macro that invokes the query to refresh the data whenever the user desires. This works great as well. The macro literally has all the VB code to execute the query. But I'm just a part time progra...

Outlook: Can't open JPEG files
I have Outlook 2000 an unable to open JPEG files. What setting has to be changed to open these files? ...

File Edit toolbar is missing
The File Edit toolbar in Excel is missing First thing to check: Tools|customize|toolbars tab|make sure worksheet menubar is selected. Well, maybe the first thing to check is to verify that you can see all of excel--it's not just off the display window??? stellarmellor wrote: > > The File Edit toolbar in Excel is missing -- Dave Peterson ...

8192 rows limit when opening wk1 files ?
Hello, I am opening a .wk1 file, which contains around 60K rows, but only the first 8192 rows appear in Excel. Is there any way to have all the rows in the Excel file ? Thanks, Paul "paul" wrote... >I am opening a .wk1 file, which contains around 60K rows, >but only the first 8192 rows appear in Excel. > >Is there any way to have all the rows in the Excel file ? WK1 as in Lotus 1-2-3 Release 2.x native file format? Such .WK1 files support a single worksheet of 256 columns and 8,192 rows. PERIOD. Did you generate this '.WK1' file using a program other then...

Best way to read an xml file
Hi; If I need to read an XML file - basically the SAX approach where I just need each node in order - one pass, read-only - what is the best way to do this. It looks like it's XmlReader but I want to verify that. ??? -- thanks - dave "David Thielen" <thielen@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:BEA51BCB-B200-4104-B061-CA32FECD9DFD@microsoft.com... > If I need to read an XML file - basically the SAX approach where I just need > each node in order - one pass, read-only - what is the best way to do this. Yes, if your only requirement is a firehose forward reader,...

Converting Numerical values to Words
I am fairly new to the ins and outs of Microsoft Access 2003 but have been able to work through all of my problems thus far except one. I started using check boxes for storing user inputed data from a form. When the box is checked I have made it equal a value ranging from 1 to 6 according to the desired group. This stores the number in a table which I then reference many times in queries as well as reports. Here is my question, how do I convert from those stored numbers, taken from the check boxes, to words that can be easily outputted to a report so that anyone can read it without ...

Word problems 2003 and 2007 version
hey everyone both on my main computer and my brothers laptop word isnt working! its so annoying! on my desktop PC i have windows xp and word 2003. after getting a virus which stopped the internet from working i had to do a system restore - which got rid of the virus. but when i click on word it says that "this shortcut only applies to installed products", and when i go to word through program files it says "this product is not installed on this user" - but there is no setup thing i can press - will i need the disc maybe? on my bro's laptop he got the sa...

Large Files with Strongly Typed Dataset
I have an xsd file that I use to create a strongly typed dataset in my project. In the past, I have used the ReadXml method to load xml files into the generated class and read data in using this class. These files have now become big (order of 100MB) and this completely kills the readxml performance. I have read multiple posts that tell you not to use datasets for large files. I even tried calling BeginLoadTables before starting the read. However, I really need the strongly typed dataset functionality in my program - it forms the core of my project. Is there a way I can load this data into t...

Missing rtl70bpl file
After receiving what seemed to be a false positive from Avast free Home edition I now get (after every restart), the following... "This application has failed to start because rtl70bpl was now found. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem". Appreciate any advice on how to reinstall same. Have Googled for help but have not found the correct site. TIA. franktee Winxp Pro SP3 On Dec 3, 11:42=A0am, franktee <frank...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After receiving what seemed to be a false positive from Avast free Home > edition I now get (afte...

how do I delete documents from the start list in word and excel?
how do I delete documents from the start list in word and excel? You can not clear it whenever you want. You can however set the no of file names to be displayed to 0 which clears the list... In Excel 2003 Tool->Options->General Enter 0 against 'Recently Used File List' of clear the check box. Click 'OK' Word has a similar option. For 2007 versions or if you want to play with Registry Settings (not advised unless you understand it well) see http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/01/13/how-to-clear-and-delete-recent-documents-list-in-office-2007-word-excel-p...

Keeping Archive File in Folders List
I have a colleague who placed the Archive file at the top of her list of folders in Outlook so it is easy to open the Archive file and search for a message or appointment if necessary. She can't remember how she managed to do this and I would love to do this myself.Any suggestions? Thank You File-> OPen-> Outlook Data File... and browse to archive.pst -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Joan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft....

Error saving Excel files in a network drive
I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and then I have to open it and save it as a new document. This issue doesn�t occur saving the file in my hard disk. This happens with "Full control" access to the shared folder... I have Windows XP and Office 2000. Thanks in advance Mateo. Hi Mateo, > I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error > saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and > then I have to open it and sav...

File in use .... is locked for editing
Please help. In Microsoft Excel 2000, we seem to be getting the above error message frequently. No other users are in the file, and there aren't any temporary files relating to the file in question. Any ideas on what is causing this? We are running a mixture of Windows 2000 & XP machines on to a Small Business Server 2000. Hope to hear from someone soon Regards Simon I think you killed the usual answer of cleaning the temp folder. But have you rebooted? Maybe there's a hidden instance of excel running that "owns" the file. And if the file/workbook is on a net...

VSTO 2005: Error in Schema Files Generation
In XML schema generation from a WordML document, VSTO 2005 VSTO creates 6 files (general naming pattern): XML.XSD ... XML5.XSD. For our file names we use a special syntax for additional information on the project status. - Syntax for file names: {PRE}={TOPIC}_{POST}.{STATUS}.{FORMAT} Now, VSTO 2005 modifies its general naming pattern to XML.{STATUS}{I}.{FORMAT}. - Example - XML.ABCD.XSD - XML.ABCD1.XSD (instead of XML1.ABCD.XSD) - ... - XML.ABCD5.XSD (instead of XML5.ABCD.XSD) I consider this behavior of VSTO 2005 as a programming error. - Is this consideration correct? - How ...

No menu bars appear on newly installed Outlook 2003 (PST file)
I just built up a new system (Windows XP SP2, Office 2003 Pro) and move my Outlook.pst file over from my old system. Since I had Norton Internet Security 2005 installed, the anti-spam toolbar was displayed. However, after only a few hours of usage, the menu bars are not working properly: 1. When I start up Outlook and mail is displayed, there are no menu bars displayed. None. 2. If I go to the lower left corner navigation bar and select mail and Open in New Window, the standard and formatting menu bars are displayed. But the Norton Anti-Spam bar does not display. 3. When I open an indiv...

Reading EML files
Does anyone know if Outlook can be configured to open .eml files? I wrote a program that creates .eml files. Outlook Express can open them but Outlook can't. Is there a way to get Outlook to open these? If not, does anyone know how I can create a file that Outlook can open (such as a .msg)? Is there a COM object that creates these? Any help will be appreciated. John ...

Word 2007 Unrestricted Access?
I have a file that a customer sent. Under Protect Document > Unrestricted Access is checked. Another person in the office has made changes with the Track Changes on. They were able to save the file, but we cannpt accept the changes because we get a message that says the document is protected. What exactly does "Unrestricted Access" mean? How do we accept changes? Thanks for any assistance you can give me. -- marcia "Unrestricted Access" means anyone can read and change the document, so you or the other employee should be able to accept or reject track...

RPC .x files.
I need to talk to some third party equipment. The company has provided an RPC interface consisting of three .x files. The provided third party documentation just glosses over how to compile and use these files. Though the equipment is new, I think this interface is quite old. The documentation example says to use the command "rpcgen32.exe filename". They say the command my differ depending on the software package. I searched the Microsoft site and found a bunch of stuff. At first I looked at the midl compiler. The .idl files look different then the .x files. Can someone please poin...

CRM 4.0 - Word 2007 - mail merge
OK, so I've read a number of blogs detailing the mail merge process. Open in Word, save as XML, import to CRM, edit and add the mail merge fields. Simple, right? My organization has about a dozen mail merge templates which worked very well in CRM 3.0. I was fully aware I would probably have better luck just re-creating them in CRM 4.0. No biggie. I've done so and mail merge in CRM 4.0 is ... shall we say less than stellar. Mail merge on the Contact entity does not work at all. For any user. Mail merge on the Account and Opp entities works sporadically. Literally from one user to th...

convert .csv file to .cub using access
I am using Microsoft Access to work with a .CSV file that contains 250,000 rows of information. I'd like to convert that file to a .CUB file so that I can use Microsoft Data Analyzer to "drill" down the information. Does anyone have any ideas? Hi John, As I understand it, the normal way would be to use the Cube Wizard in the OLAP Manager, after importing and normalising the file into SQL Server tables. It may be possible to use the Cube Wizard against an ODBC connection to an MDB file. But as I understand it the point of using OLAP cubes is to denormalise a set of views...

Combining VISIO files with mail merged Word document
I am trying to create a composite document that has four pages. The first page is a VISIO (2003 Professional) file that contains several pictures and a converted AutoCAD (R14) drawing file. The following three pages are a Word merged file created from an Access database. I would like to be able to have a combined file for for hard copy reproduction. This particular document has 220 reports that all have the same basic format. I have tried exporting various file types (tif, jpg, wmf, bmp, etc.) from VISIO, then inserting into Word as picture or object and most are unacceptable quali...

word template ... PLEASE HELP !
Hello, I am trying to insert a word template into a publisher. However all my tries didnt achieve the purpose. I tried to import the document but it didnt take the graphic template only the wording were converted into the publisher. I tried to copy paste the template but i AM not able to do so because i cant even select it through the word document. I tried to take a screen capture and then use paint and to get in only the template then I inserted it into the publisher. It worked but the problem, the qualit of the picture is not good and I need to get this template for my publi...

File Says Read Only Even After Closing It
Hi, One of my file is opening as Read Only, for me and everyone, even after I closed the file. How can I sort out this? -Dileep Could it be marked readonly in windows? rightclick on it (in windows explorer) and choose properties. Or maybe http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly from Debra Dalgleish's site. Dileep Chandran wrote: > > Hi, > > One of my file is opening as Read Only, for me and everyone, even after > I closed the file. > How can I sort out this? > > -Dileep -- Dave Peterson ...

Print Help Files
When I click on help in an application about 40 folders show up. I want to print them all to get a user guide. I can print each folder one at a time with all the folder's contents, but that's a very time consuming process. Is there any way I can print all 40 folders with their contents with one print command? Bob Speck I use to use HLP2RTF many years ago. Do a search for it. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:35:32 -1000, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Bob Speck <bobspeck@...

Problem with the pst file
Hi there, I'm facing a problem in opening a pst file(zile size 2.1GB). I have scanned the file using scanpst.exe several times but the problem still persists. I have also used the tool which minimises the size of the file..but no luck. I really don't know why this problem occurs..is it due to the file size..or one of the mails has got corrupt. Also if by change if iam able to retrieve the file can i export the same to Outlook Express so that the problem doens't arise again..? Thanks in advance. Regards. Avinash Outlook 97-2002 pst-files can only be up to 2GB. You can r...