transfer old message and set up rules

Version: 2008
Processor: intel

Hi all, I have 2 questions:
1. How to transfer old email messages from Outlook (.pst) to Entourage. I have downloaded the update package of Office 2008 and install it but still the option of .pst file does not appear when I do import in Entourage.
2. How to set up rules when I received email from certain sender it will automatically move to certain sub folder in Inbox.

With all many thanks,
Paulina

On 3/16/08 6:50 23PM, in article ee94e9f.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Paulina_Lo@officeformac.com" <Paulina_Lo@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Hi all, I have 2 questions:
> 1. How to transfer old email messages from Outlook (.pst) to Entourage. I have
> downloaded the update package of Office 2008 and install it but still the
> option of .pst file does not appear when I do import in Entourage.

Check out the options on the "Convert Mail from Windows to Mac" Page:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/win_mac.html>

> 2. How to set up rules when I received email from certain sender it will
> automatically move to certain sub folder in Inbox.

Check out this simple example. Categories are much easier to manage than
individual addresses.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/rules/example/rule002.html>

Let me know if you want my rule lesson.

Cheers and Welcome to Mac! I have a few tips and links posted to help new
users here:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/new2mac/index.html>

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)

Exchange not attaching scl to messages from external source
Have installed a exchange 2007 server using Trend Interscan as the smtp gateway for virus scanning. I have intended to use exchange IMF to filter spam and have configured it accordingly using the powershell. Internal mail has a scl tag attached to it yet not the case with external messages. Client is not keen on spending extra money on the SPS software for Trend so I am stuck with IMF. Is it a single Exchange Server 2007 server without an Edge server? If that's the case, I'm assuming you have the anti-spam agents installed on the Hub Transport server. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - E...

about transfer order

Transfering messages

Policy or registry fix for slow outlook (Instant Messaging Enabled)
I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix the slow outlook opening because of Instant messaging with either a registry fix or group policy.... Thanks! ...

Incomplete Message
I have a client that is receiving incomplete email messages. Her co-workers receive a complete copy of the email, but not this one user. It doesn't happen all the time, but only to the one user. We have checked the settings on other PC's and everything is set the same. Any ideas of what to check or try? TIA What version of outlook and have you installed all the latest service packs? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search f...

Can't delete messages from Inbox
OK, I've tried everything mentioned in every article on this subject, and NOTHING works. Some of the messages in my inbox will NOT delete, under any circumstances. I've run Inbox repair (twice!) I've tried emptying the deleted items folder I've tried compacting the file I've tried editing the message before deleting I've tried shift-Del I've tried moving the messages to other folders EVERYTHING results in an error - most say "the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, try restarting Outlook I've restarted Outlook, rebo...

Can you create such a rule?
Hi all, Can you create a rule that it moves all read messages to the seperate folder once you read them? We have exchange 2003 and outlook 2003. THANK YOU. Use search folder Unread Mail. John wrote: > Hi all, > > Can you create a rule that it moves all read messages to the seperate > folder once you read them? We have exchange 2003 and outlook 2003. > > THANK YOU. > -- Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS. Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org Free Internet calling - www.skype.com Free SQL database Firebir...

HR Position Transfers

Deleting Old Worksheets and Journals
Hi- we have had our RMS system implemented since July 2007. I am looking to do some system clean up of old journals and old worksheets since this has not been done since we implemented. I am thinking of writing some SQL statements and executing them in HQ Administrator but I wanted to know if anyone has done this before and if they foresee any issues or have any concerns. Thanks for your help. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0063_01CAD7D1.35018830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-prin...

Message archival #2
How to disable IMC message archival (folders ?:\exchsrvr\imcdata\in\Archive and ?:\exchsrvr\imcdata\out\Archive) ? Thanks in advance Max Connections -> Internet Mail Service Properties -> Diagnostics Logging -> Message Archival = None ...

OWA not finishing loading messages
I am using SBS 2003. OWA has been working correctly for days (a miracle in itself, I think :-) ) Today, we have the same problem on all machines inside or outside the LAN. We get the message "Loading..." and no messages show up on the Outlook desktop. If I switch to Calendar, I get "Updating view..." forever If I switch to Contact, I get "loading..." forever. We enabled new virus scanning software: TREND MICRO Office Scan, and wonder if that could be a problem? - Frank Frank Rudolph wrote: > I am using SBS 2003. OWA has been working correctly for days (a &g...

Replacing old Windows XP and Outlook Express with new Windows 7
How do I export the contents and settings out of Outlook Express and import the accounts, settings and emails into Windows Live Mail on another machine? For messages: Copy the *ENTIRE* OE message store folder to flash or CD. (Folders.dbx must be included). Place this on the Desktop or other location on the machine using WLMail. Open WLMail and: File | Import | Messages | Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and point to where you saved it. For Addresses: Open the Address Book in OE and File | Export | Address Book (wab) and save it to the Desktop. Copy to flash or CD. Place this on the...

Windows Easy Transfer

Puting bounced messages in a mailbox
Hi everyone. Yesterday we finally migrated off of Exchange 5.5 and now have a running Exchange 2003 server. On the old 5.5 server I set it up so that e-mails that could not be delivered ended up in the Administrator mailbox. If someone sent an e-mail to my company and it was to an invalid e-mail address the bounce would end up in the Administrator Inbox. How do I set that up in Exchange 2003? Thanks for the help. Hi, This should help: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315631 Leif "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:ejDbg.76828$J...

Make A Set Of Date
i have 2 sheets FOGLIO1 e FOGLIO2 in FOGLIO1 cell D2 i have the value 60 in the cell J2 i have a date, for example 27/11/2004, i colud want fill a set of date in FOGLIO2 to start in the cell G2 for every 60 month day year, for example: sheet FOGLIO2 in the cell G2 27/11/2004 in the cell G3 27/12/2004 in the cell G4 27/01/2005 in the cell G5 27/02/2005 .... in the cell BN2 27/10/2009 this macro for every data present in the column D2:D2000 and in the column J2:J2000 from FOGLIO1 when the actual date is the same in the cell G2 of sheet FOGLIO2 delete the cell G2 and skip to left the other c...

New exchange server and remove old
What is the best way to setup a new exchange server and remove the old one? The old one is a exchange 2000 ent and the new one is a exchange 2003 ent. I have 100 mailboxes on the old exchange server. Is it possible to move mailboxes within the exchange manager to the new server. Any other or better way? Do I need to use Exmage? Best Regards Martin this might help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822931/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "MW" <776@uy778yy.com> wrote in message news:4558b000$0$49196$14726298@news.sunsite.dk... > What is the best way to setup a new exchan...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

pop-up form/message box problem
I have a main form where records are entered; in one field users select from a list of citations, if they type something that's not on the list, a message box pops up asking if they'd like to add the new citation, when they click "yes" the pop-up form where they enter the citation information opens, no problem. HOWEVER, if they close the pop-up form without entering any data the default Access message " The text you entered isn't an item in the list." appears. How do I prevent that from happening? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmon...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...

Message sent repeatedly
I have a user who sent a simple greeting message to a distribution list that she had created in her contacts. In less than 24 hours, some of the recipients have received the message over 500 times. The user who sent the message has received several thousand NDRs. Many of the NDRs are from mail servers from organizations and ISPs that should not have anything to do with the sender or receiver. I don't know what happened, but at this point I just need to shut off the message. I do not see these messages in the queues. Message tracking only shows one instance of the message being sent...

Exchange Server 2003 not allowing message forwarding to external e
Using SBS 2003 with Exhcange Server 2003. Using Outlook 2003. Created a rule for forward a copy of all mail to my hotmail account. When I process the rule, the mail is not sent. Wondering if by default Exchange blocks forwarding of mail to external accounts. If so, how can I open this up for a specified address? Yes, Exchange 2003 blocks forwards and replies to the Internet by default. Your Exchange admin is a very wise person to leave it this way. Company mail should never end up in Hotmail, Yahoo! mail, or any ISP mail. Let's not get started on mail loops. --� Milly Staple...

Fixed Asset transfer for a New Company
Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a transfer to a new company? Can you give us a little more detail on what you are needing to accomplish? If two companies are different legal entities there are all kinds of other rules on 'transferring' assets. Is this just a new database or are you doing an intercompany transaction? We can help, we just need a little more explanation. "FA user" wrote: > Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a > transfer to a new company? ...

Message headers
Does Outlook from Office 2003 block message header information from users of earlier Outlook (2000)? I have a user that sends out jokes all day long and I want to block the jokes, but not all mail from him on the rare chance I get something legit. But his messages have nothing in the "TO" field. mm ...

Two sets of intervals on Y axis
Hi, On an XY scatter chart, how can I have two sets of intervals for the Y axis without doing a secondary scale? My data varies greatly and does not show the trend for some of the categories. Thanks. You mean like this? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/PanelUnevenScales.html -- Best Regards, Luke M "Two sets of intervals on Y axis" <Two sets of intervals on Y axis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E4692A-FF05-4EEC-A285-1C6069D0FCA0@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > On an XY scatter chart, how can I have two sets of interv...