Tiger and font corruption.

After installing Tiger on my iMac G5, I get a message about corrupt
fonts everytime I start Word. I saw a message about uninstalling before
the update, so I uninstalled Office, re-installed the Tiger upgrade,
and re-installed Office. Result is the same problem all over again.
Does anyone have a solution?

Cordially,

Steven Thomas
CKLS Automation Services

<sthomas@ckls.org> wrote:

> After installing Tiger on my iMac G5, I get a message about corrupt
> fonts everytime I start Word. I saw a message about uninstalling before
> the update, so I uninstalled Office, re-installed the Tiger upgrade,
> and re-installed Office. Result is the same problem all over again.
> Does anyone have a solution?

You can use FontBook to deactivate fonts by batches to find out which
one is corrupted on your Mac. It's not necessaaarely a font brought by
Office...

        Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)

Aha, here's the thread:
<http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.word/browse
_frm/thread/5995f5f9080d2fb6/6242a24baf098c5d?q=corrupted+font&rnum=1#6242a2
4baf098c5d>

subject: Re: Corrupted Font warnings a-plenty, on the MacWord group:
Archived on google.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)

Getting corrupt data message when downloading account transactions
I recently purchased a new computer and loaded a new copy of Money 2004 and copied my file to the new PC. when I try to download account transactions from SunTrust, I get a corrupt download error message. This did not occur on my other machine. When I set up a new account in Money, I get the same message... Please help! we cannot be of much help without the exact error message. >-----Original Message----- >I recently purchased a new computer and loaded a new copy >of Money 2004 and copied my file to the new PC. when I >try to download account transactions from SunTrust...

detroit tigers

Fonts are whacky
In Publisher 2003, when I click to change a font scheme, over half of the schemes don't display the chosen fonts correctly. I installed the 2003 version a few days ago in its own directory. Any ideas? Thanks, Madison Troubleshoot font schemes http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030710611033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Madison" <Madison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C735A62-04F1-46F3-91F7-9144A5CA9173@microsoft.com... > In Publisher 2003, when I click t...

Corrupted recurring appt on the calendar
I have a situation where a recurring appt was sent to my supervisor and afterwards the organizer sent a cancellation but the appts did not cancel on my supervisor's calendar. Now I cannot open or even change the appt to free time. When I click on the item I get an error message that the operation failed and an object could not be found. I have absolutely no idea of what that means. I even tried opening Outlook in Safe Mode but same story. I just want to get these appts off of her calendar. Does anyone have any idea of why this is happening and how to resolve? We use Outl...

Non Standard Font Usage
How can I use non standard fonts in my app using MFC? Say, if I have a font file "abc.ttf", how can I use it in my app (in dialogs, CViews and probably whole GUI itself). How do I ship it with the application, etc. If simply having it in Windows>Fonts folder is enough, how can I have it installed it there? I have never installed a Font programatically. warm regards, D Rathore "divya_rathore_@gmail.com" <divyarathore@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3c51e93f-0ead-4d4d-b9b3-22b4edef9546@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > How can I use non standard fonts in my ...

Publisher Fonts #2
Need to find Casablanca font for Publisher. Has anyone any idea where I might find it? Have it on my PC, but not on my laptop version. Is there any way I can transfer it by USB or smilar? Any help appreciated Thanks A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Ken <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > Need to find Casablanca font for Publisher. Has anyone any > idea where I might find it? Have it on my PC, but not on > my laptop version. Is there any way I can transfer it by > USB or smilar? Go to c:\Windows\Fonts on the desktop ma...

How to put font and font size options on toolbar?
Using MS Word, how do I put the fonts and font size options on the taskbar, like they appear in e-mail screens, perhaps? I need to use Bold, Italics, and Underline, too. Thanks... Which version of Word are you using? They are right up front for me. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "navymomcab" <navymomcab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32058A2D-D696-4696-A580-E6ECC674478A@microsoft.com... > Using MS Word, how do I put the fonts and font size options on the &g...

Font Problem
Why does my font change unexpectedly when the email is sent in Outlook 2002? I also have all recent service packs through SP3. I use HTML. I've tried the Mail Format tab options to change the fonts to always use my fonts and set everything to 10pt arial. It still arbitrarily changes its font size for no reason somtimes. Thanks ...

Timesheet Corruption
We are running Project Server 2007 SP2 and Aug09 CU. Project Hosts is our ASP for our servers. In the past two weeks we have had a number of users try to open their "In Progress" timesheet and get an error. The after about 5 minutes the error received is: Error "Project Web Access cannot connect to Project Server because the connection timed out. For more information, contact your system administrator. Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, c...

Bold and underline font
How can I make a font both bold and underline Dim DocFont As New Font("Arial", 14, FontStyle.Bold) only allows 1 at a time. Am 25.06.2010 16:26, schrieb sh: > How can I make a font both bold and underline > > Dim DocFont As New Font("Arial", 14, FontStyle.Bold) > > only allows 1 at a time. Dim DocFont As New Font("Arial", 14, FontStyle.Bold Or FontStyle.Underline) -- Armin ...

Missing and corrupted GPOs
On one server I have broken GPOs. Some of the SBS2003 are missing some are damaged. I remember there was a way of transferring them from another SBS server just can't remember how. I backed the default objects, zipped the folder and transferred the file to the problematic server. When trying to restore it doesn't find anything in the unzipped folder even though it's not empty. What am I missing? Thanks yaro On 16 Aug, 17:29, yaro137 <yaro...@googlemail.com> wrote: > On one server I have broken GPOs. Some of the SBS2003 are missing some > are damaged. I rememb...

Change in font and color
I have a spreadsheet and the font is all one type and color. Now I want to add more data in in certain columns, but with all the new data i want in a different font and color. how do i change the font and color for all of the new data going forwards. Thanks. -- DaveB Select the cells you will be adding more data to and change the formatting. You could do that automatically using event code. Where do you currently have formatted data and where would you be entering new data? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:04:01 -0800, dberger16 <dberger16@comcast.net> wro...

Downloading Office in Tiger
I am trying to download Office 2001 version 9.0 on Tiger. My problem is however that Office keeps trying to download onto Classic not Tiger. Is there a way to get the programs to install on Tiger? In article <1178821025.185743.188050@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, alicia_roos@yahoo.com wrote: > I am trying to download Office 2001 version 9.0 on Tiger. My problem > is however that Office keeps trying to download onto Classic not > Tiger. Is there a way to get the programs to install on Tiger? Office 2001 is a Classic application. The first MacOS X version of Office was Offi...

Why is first font action v-e-r-y slow?
I have WinXP SP2 with Office 2003 [2]. Each time I start Excel or Word (and probably others), when I first do anything font-related, it takes several seconds (sometimes 12 sec or more) to complete. Thereafter, the font actions are immediate. What is causing this delay? More importantly, how can I avoid it? By "font actions", I mean: pull down the font list on a taskbar; click on the font tab under Format / Cells; click on bold or italics on the taskbar. I believe the font delay is caused by some network activity -- perhaps a network search (for font updates?). I come to that ...

Default Font for Register in Money Deluxe 2004
Using a Dell 19" monitor set to 1280 x 1024 resolution. The font that is used as default for the Check Register is so small that it is practically unreadable. Is there any way to change to a larger font? I realize that font size can be changed in Reports, but I have not found a way to change font in Check Register. I am a long time user of Quicken and this is not a problem in the old Windows 3.1 version. Any thoughts would be appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Thomas Cox wrote: >Using a Dell 19" monitor set to 1280 x 1024 resolution. >The font that is used as ...

Changing the font of numerous dialog items
Short of creating variables or using GetDlgItem repeatedly, is it possible to iterate through the child windows of any dialog, identify which are buttons or checkboxes, and apply SetFont() to them? The font will be owned by the CDialog/CPropertyPage. "jSmith" <js@aol.com> wrote in message news:#jVPo6iOGHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Short of creating variables or using GetDlgItem repeatedly, is it > possible to iterate through the child windows of any dialog, identify > which are buttons or checkboxes, and apply SetFont() to them? > > The font will be owne...

Corrupt fonts-system fonts?
I'm having a similar problem with MS Word and think it might be a font = issue=20 - I'd like to de-install all fonts but system fonts - how do I know = which are=20 System Fonts on OSX thanks All of the fonts required for the System to operate are in /System/Library/Fonts/. Don't move anything form there (you probably won't be able to anyway, as the permissions don't usually allow regular users to change its contents). The fonts in /Library/Fonts/ and ~/Library/Fonts (where ~ represents your user's home folder) can be moved safely to an alternate location so that th...

Some fonts not showing up
Since re-installing XP and Office 2003 some Russian text in e-mails and some accented characters in Outlook contacts folder are not displaying as they should. When on Internet I can see Russian characters displayed OK, so problem seems confined to Outlook. Before this re-install I could see these fonts ok. Any tips to cure this? Thanks ...

Default font to RTF
When i give {\rtf1\ansi\deff0{\pict\jpegblip\picscalex100\picscaley100... for RTF string, without mentioning the font details, it is taking Times New Roman 12 size as the content size. Is this the default font for RTF string? This is in what application, version and context? Krishna Sarma wrote: > When i give {\rtf1\ansi\deff0{\pict\jpegblip\picscalex100\picscaley100... for > RTF string, without mentioning the font details, it is taking Times New Roman > 12 size as the content size. Is this the default font for RTF string? ...

Tiger Eats Office
Shortly after installing my new Tiger OS on my Powermac G5, my Microsoft Office file and applications disappeared from the Dock and the Applications folder. Mysteriously, however, I could still open Word files by double-clicking on them as usual. I tried to reinstall my Office 2004 Student and Teacher Edition, but the process never completed. I'm at a loss. When you opened Word files, did Word launch? What program did they open in? What happens when you double-click on Excel, PPT files? You looked in the Applications folder itself, under Microsoft Office 2004, rather than just using Sp...

Tiger upgrade with Office 2004
I am noticing significantly slower response times to entourage, excel and word. I have also seen entourage freeze and need to be forcedquit several times. is there an update for tiger coming to solve these issues? Thanks, > I am noticing significantly slower response times to entourage, excel > and word. I have also seen entourage freeze and need to be forcedquit > several times. is there an update for tiger coming to solve these > issues? One of the MacBU employees said an update is on the way, but I don't believe it's specifically for Tiger, nor to fix speed issue...

Email Publications
I have created multiple text boxes in my pub file, and for some reason one text box displays a different font from all the rest when emailed. The same font and style has been applied to all the text boxes in the pub file, but it shows up differently when I email it. This hasn't happend before. It's so frustrating but I admit I've only been using publisher since Nov. 08 - ever since I upgraded to 2007 and Word no longer had direct send e-mail functionality..but that is a differenct conversation. Also, I can create bookmarks to places within my pub file, but when I email t...

Font sizes messed up
Certain font sizes in my Outlook screen are suddenly larger than they used to be, for no apparent reason. I've checked my Outlook settings (View|Current View|Customize Current View), and everything appears to be set at 8 points, but certain portions, such as message headers, appear much larger. Anyone else encounter this & have a fix? TIA, Andy Roe ...

Changing the Reading pane font.
Hi, One of my clients has a visually impaired person working for them. He qualifies as 'legally blind', but still retains sufficient vision to be able to use a PC, with a very large screen, and uses a standard keyboard, but has brail points on them to assist with the touch of the keyboard. He has requested 2 related things; 1. To be able to change the font in the message reading pane, to a larger, serif font. 2. To be able to change the font when a message is double clicked to open it in it's own window, to a larger serif font. Apparently he finds it easier to distinguish ...

Problems with Office 2004 and Tiger
I've had major problems with Office ever since installing Tiger, though I'm not completely sure Tiger is the culprit. Excel runs at a snails pace - I have to wait several seconds each time I input any number in a cell. Also, both Excel and Word crash (stop responding) when loading them up, without reason. Memory should not be an issue; I've got a PowerBook G4 with 1.5GB of ram and both Word and Excel ran like melting butter on 10.3 I may uninstall Office and re-install, to see if it still has problems. If so, will uninstall Tiger and re-install 10.3, to see if that fixes it. ...