Text disappears when format changed in MS Word (Office X)

I save Word documents in Mac Word 5.1 format while using Office X.
Sometimes when I resave, the format changes to the generic Microsoft
Office document format. After this happens and I open the document,
the text of the document is missing entirely. I an using Panther
10.3.3.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

James Costello
0
jcostello (1)

TEXT = text

font changes?
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003. Since then, some times when i sen emails, the typeface change while I am typing the email. For instance I was typing an email this morning and after i ended a paragrah, th font changed from 10 point to 12 point. What would be causing this ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Format Color for worksheet
Is there a simple way so that when I open a Excel sheet I have the first 3 rows a dark gray color, the next 3 rows a light gray, the next 3 back to dark and so on, or do I have to use the "format cells"?? -- Thank you NotGood@All See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#rows -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "NotGood@All" <NotGoodAll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01A00D95-C2A6-4256-BE80-5A2AA4DBB9A9@microsoft.com... > Is there a simple way so that when I open a Excel sheet I have the first 3 > rows a dark gray color...

GP 9.0 crashes when trying to set format of field in Report Writer
Hi all, I was trying to modify the alignment of the Check Amount in User-Defined Check 1 in Report Writer. So I clicked on the format ellipsis when GP just crashed. What could the reason be? I am running GP 9.00.0259 on Windows Vista Enterprise. This is quite urgent as user needs to print checks. Thanks in advance On May 5, 3:38=A0am, Saras <Sa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I was trying to modify the alignment of the Check Amount in User-Defined > Check 1 in Report Writer. So I clicked on the format ellipsis when GP jus= t > crashed. What could th...

unlock word section
I just activated my 60 trail for microsoft 2007, blank word document appears but at the left hand bottom it states " this modification is not allowed because this section is locked"?????? On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 18:48:00 -0800, Vivian <Vivian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just activated my 60 trail for microsoft 2007, blank word document appears >but at the left hand bottom it states " this modification is not allowed >because this section is locked"?????? This is a group for Visio, not Word. I wish whoever maintains the community forums website woul...

Change Stage in CRM4
In opportunities in V3.0, under the Actions drop down menu, there was an item called "Change Stage...". This is not present in v4.0. How can this functionality be accessed in V4.0? Thanks, Wayne. Dear Wayne Wittman, This can be addressed in CRM 4.0 by creating staged workflows. Hope this helps. Regards Ramasubramanian "Wayne Wittman" wrote: > In opportunities in V3.0, under the Actions drop down menu, there was an item > called "Change Stage...". This is not present in v4.0. How can this > functionality be accessed in V4.0? > > Th...

Selecting text in a document

Changing apperance back to gray?
I just installed Publisher 2003 (upgraded from 2000). Is there any way to get rid of the baby blue menus and window borders and go back to plain gray? I'm finding a color scheme from one of my newsletters really clashes with the baby blue, and it's hard to get past it. I know I can revert to Windows Classic appearance, but I actually like the XP appearance. I've also tried WindowsBlinds and StyleXP, but they seem really unsuitable for professional work. Thanks! Take a look at the Control Panel, Display, Appearance, Advanced, Look at the items on the drop down list. Make ...

setting up office messaging
I appreciate any help. I am taking on a new job (finally employed) and my first tast is to set up inner office mail. Is it possible to use Outlook 2002 to set up inner office mail using their network connection? At this time they do not have individual email accounts for their business. Thank you for your help Christine ...

CScrollView and text height

Office 2004 update 11.3.8 problem
Tried update 11.3.8 for Office 2004 on my powerbook. I received some message which led me to check that "Microsoft Office 2004"/ Office/"Microsoft Component Plugin" was indeed version 11.3.7 (which it is). Attempted second update (I quote the response verbatim) generated the following error message: "The installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update. See the Read Me file included with this installer to determine if your software meets the requirements for this update." I am using the automatic update feature a...

email format #2
What should my setting be on for email format? MIME or UUENCODE? What is the difference? ...

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

formatting a spreadsheet help
I have a few different dilemas going on here. First: Can a conditional format be set up in Vista or Windows 7 both 64 bit, and saved in 97-2003 excel saving the conditional formats? Second: I have a spreadsheet column A is my received date, Column B is Stock #, Column C is Serial #, Column G is my finished date. What I need to be able to do: When I enter information into Column C (Serial #), I need some type of notification if that same number has been entered within a six month time period from my Column G (Finished date). 1. Yes. However, there are some formats which only Ex...

Unable to open MS Access '97 databse
When opening an Access '97 format database in Access 2007. I get the below error: The Microsoft Office Access database engine could not find the object 'Database'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. Opening the same database in Access '97, I get: The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'Database'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. I have tried the standard repairs, compact. Even creating a new blank mdb and importing the ta...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Incoming mail is being changed by intruder
our incoming mail path(to our server) keeps changing itself somehow, from our POP3 website to "localhost". This happens with random employee's and is usually found by me when they complain about not receiving e-mail. Then i check their account settings and sure enough the imcoming mail setting has been changed to local host and the account name now has the path added to the user name. I think this is the work of a virus or someone else who has gained access to our system, or can someone explain why? e-mail to ccs2mvp@aol.com or spetersen@jjalbanese.com thanks! Scott...

Format cell for negative
Hi I want the value that i type into a cell always to be negative thanks Hi, You need to adjust the format of the cell - this one for instance: -* #,##0_-;-* #,##0_-;_-* "-"_-;_-@_- Notice that the format starts with "-". Go to Format->Cells->Number and paste this format in the custom part. Cheers, Jon "es" wrote: > Hi > I want the value that i type into a cell always to be > negative > > thanks > Is there a specific Cell or range of cells on your worksheet that you want this? Or any and all cells on any Worksheet? "e...

Null in text box

Printing HTML formatted messages
I have noticed that when I print HTML formatted messages, the current date is printed in the lower left corner of every page. It also seems do ignore the Header/Footer settings form the memo or table style settings. Can I disable the date from printing out on the page? Thanks. Ben ...