Table of Contens not working in Panther

I am running Microsoft Office 10.1.5 on a PowerBOOK G3, 500 MHz using Apple OS X Panther 10.3.2  Inside of WORD X, I cannot get the TABLE OF CONTENTS function using the “index and tables…” option on the “Insert” menu to work.  I keep getting the following message; Error! No table of contents entries found.
0
anonymous (74723)

On 2/23/04 6:11 PM, in article
3A5F8892-758A-481D-A225-C00BBAECD7F6@microsoft.com, "Jim"

> I am running Microsoft Office 10.1.5 on a PowerBOOK G3, 500 MHz using Apple OS
> X Panther 10.3.2  Inside of WORD X, I cannot get the TABLE OF CONTENTS
> function using the �index and tables�� option on the �Insert� menu to work.  I
> keep getting the following message; Error! No table of contents entries found.

You need to have headings before you can get a table of contents, Ask on the
Word newsgroup microsoft.public.mac.office for full details.

--
Paul Berkowitz
MVP Entourage

Please "Reply To Newsgroup" to reply to this message. Emails will be
ignored.

PLEASE always state which version of Entourage you are using - 2001 or X.
It's often impossible to answer your questions otherwise.

0
berkowit (221)
2/24/2004 8:20:01 AM
Jim, Did you see my posting on a similar subject?  The reply you received is correct about the Heading styles.  If you are using TC fields, there are other problems.  See my posting and thread.

Jim wrote:

> I am running Microsoft Office 10.1.5 on a PowerBOOK G3, 500 MHz using Apple OS X Panther 10.3.2  Inside of WORD X, I cannot get the TABLE OF CONTENTS function using the “index and tables�|�* option on the “Insert�* menu to work.  I keep getting the following message; Error! No table of contents entries found.

0
tvcornel (14)

Data table in chart?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01A9_01C69782.28506D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some line chart portraying responses to 20 items. I would like to put a table under each chart the shows the value of not = only the responses that are charted but also the percentage difference = between the two. My problem and the question is that if I use the 'data table' option in = creating the chart the row with the difference is not there. Then if I = try to paste a table under ...

Combobox for Table, From Table
Hi, The online help function tells me I cant make a combobox which finds its entries from a table and stores its entries in the same table. I want users to be able to enter areas where clients live. The combobox needs to fill the Area column in the appropriate table. But I want the combobox to be filled with previous entries from the same column, with the provision that a new entry can be made. The project is expanding thats why I need this. Or do I need to make an extra table with areas that can be filled with a separate command, which is then used as a source for the com...

Copy data from on table to another ?
I have lost a lot of data in my backend, but it is only data from a few columns, in one tabel, that I have lost. My tabel is called taCustemor, and the columns in that table is called fakFirm, fakAdress. I have use a custemornumber as a primarykey. So now I want to copy only these columns from my backup of the backend to my backend in use. I'm sure that I can do this buy using SQL, but I'm not sure how to make this querie. Can some one out there help me ? You want to use an append query. See Help file for info. In the database where you want the data to be when you're done, ...

pivot table again
i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty others are value how can i split the table into two seperate sections one showing qty and the other showing values (if that makes sense) If your quantities and values are in the same column, you'd need to use a "helper column" that differetiates them (Qty vs Amt) Then you can include that field in the pivot table before tha field containing the quantities and amounts. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "max power" wrote: > i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty other...

word work file
how can i prevent word work files from accumulating until i can't even save because i have too many open files? i'm operating osx.3.2 and using word x for mac service release 1. thanx. You can close and reopen the document every so often. Closing it wipes out all the word work files. Or see here for a fix: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/WordMac/DiskFullError.htm (site might not work in Safari) Don't know what service release one means, but there are 10.1.2, 10.1.4 and 10.1.5 updates for Word X. I think you do a Get Info on the Office Component Plugin to know for sure which version ...

Landscape Table on Portrait Page
Is it possible to create a landscape table on a portrait page, i.e. a page with a normal portrait header and footer? I am aware that one can change the text direction of each cell in the table to simulate a landscape table, but I would like to know if there is not an easier way. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Johann Swart" <JohannSwart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1119FBC3-2001-48C7-B02E-07D85C7F444E@mic...

Where is tables in reports
Is there anyway to get tables into reports? If there is none then is there a work around. The forms I have to make use many block cells. In word tables makes things easy. ...

format cells for date not working...please help
I have imported a text document, everything worked. I have dates i cells in a format like 23-5-2004. I need to change them to 5/23/2004. go to format the cells to this date format and nothing happens. I hav tried to format a single cell this way, and nothing. I have als unchecked the protection box. It will kill me to do 5000 dates one b one. Any help would be great. Thank you in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'm guessing the 23-5-2004 is Text, not a real date. Try selecting the dates and Data>Text to Columns>Next>Next "column data format"...

Ensuring only one commission per product in Access Table
Good afternoon, Please can someone help me. In my Access Database I have a table called tblCommission, with the fields: Commission_ID;Client_account; Product_code; Commission; Exchange (£ or $) I need a method to ensure that each client can have a commission set for every product - but that a client cant have to commission's for one product: eg: I need a method to prevent this: Comm_ID Client_account Product_code Commission Exchange 1 000001 Coke 3 $ 2 000001 Coke ...

How do you create a table with a shaded header in Word 2007 or 201
Hi.. Can anybody tell me, how you create a table, and then shade the first row in it to something like gray, then set the grid lines to gray or something, and maybe set the alignment in it to centered... This is 2007 or 2010, not 2003 in which it was possible to do so. Thanks. Select the first row of the table and then right click with the mouse and select Borders and shading. For the alignment, select and right click and select Cell alignment -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting ba...

Recreating HR tables
I've been having some problems with HR. I've had to create some tables so the program would run. I simply copied the tables from another compagnie where is was saying I had missing tables. I'm wondering if there is a list of Tables for HR and Canadian Payroll or if it were possible to recreate these missing tables another way? I currently have this error as well: Could not find stored procedure 'Compagnie.dbo.hrCompDoesHrCompExist' ...

Table Expert
When a case is resolved, there is a dropdown to select the amount of "Billable Time" for the case. I have searched tables but cannot find where this data is stored. Is there anyone that know the schema where this data is kept? Bryon, When you resolve a case, the resolution screen fields are added into the activity table as a resolution type of activity. The Billable Time value appears in the TimeSpent field. (While building my auditing application, VAST, I've had to become much more of a CRM schema expert that I ever wanted to be - by the way, you can see these reso...

Pivot table subtotals 100% #2
This is what I am aiming for but how can I get 100% in subtotals for first year and the increase %age for the second and subsequent year please 2002 2003 Apples excellent 15 22.72% 16 24.23% good 21 31.82% 25 37.88% poor 30 46.46% 39 60.39% 66 100% 80 122.5% Greens excellent 12 17.65% 37 54.42% good 27 39.70% 51 74.98% poor 29 42.65% 47 69.12% ...

Table info
In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which table i can find this information. Great Plains 7.5 Thanks in advance Deepwater, PM00300 holds all the address information for each address ID. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "Deepwater" <Deepwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9296B22-2B44-4D64-9E3C-DC5FE4B07028@microsoft.com... > In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which > table i can find this...

Money 2005
Money 2005 is no longer allowing me to access the program. When I try to connect online I get an error message that my email address or password is incorrect, or the server is down. When I try to connect offline it tells me my password can not be verified and I need to go online. The result is that the software is completely inaccessible. I have tried to reinstall without success. The problem with M2005 is that shortly after release a real show stopper bug was found and a forced patch was needed. Check your version in Help > About - it must be 14.0.xxx.1105. If it isn't you n...

Extender tables #2
Hello! We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are there any available SDK's for Extender or maybe any table lists? Thanks, Andi Saldana There are but I think only partners can get them. Please send me a message and I'll send you what I have. "Andi Saldana" wrote: > Hello! > > We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great > Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are > there any avai...

custom functions stop working in PivotTable in Excel2003
Hello. I have OLAP with calculated measures and i am using there custom functions via COM objects. everything works fine in Excel2000. but in Excel2003 COM object was created and then immediately released by Excel. so i get #VALUE result in table. may be there are some security or thread issues? Does anybody use custom function in MS OLAP with Excel 2003. BTW, it works in CubeCellValue add-in in Excel2003. Can anyone help me? Mike. ...

Pivot Table Axis format
Hi. I have a macro that creates a pivot-table and pivot chart. The X-axis is a date. In the raw data, the date is formated as month/day. This is the way I want it on the chart. However, the X-axis formats with month/day/year. How can I force this to display correctly? Thanks, Mike. Do you see a grey little dropdown under the X axis (where you can choose your dates to show)? If yes, then rightclick on it. Select the top option: "Format pivotchart field" then click on the Number button on the next dialog. There are a bunch of date formats that you can choose from. Maybe...

Working in Page layout view
When I click on a single cell anywhere in the worksheet, Excel selects as well the adjacent cell to the right on the same row. This doesn't happen when I'm working in Normal view This a bug in page layout view in 2007 Move your Zoom setting up or down a few points. Should clear it up. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:22:04 -0700, Tyro <Tyro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I click on a single cell anywhere in the worksheet, Excel selects as >well the adjacent cell to the right on the same row. This doesn't happen >...

Inserting table to other table
I have a form which consists of a table. I want to insert some selected value into other table when i update and at the same time I want it to save into my own table too... May I know the way please..... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200704/1 I'm having trouble visualizing your situation. Could you provide an example of data? -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ Microsoft Registered Partner http...

table to new table
hi thanks for your time and help i have an access table which is an automatic update so its data is constantly changing but the fields stay the same. i need to be able to transfer the data at the click of a button from the linked table into an access table without deleting the data already stored in the main table. i have tried looking at the transfer spreadsheet but this does not work. thanks for the help hi, Rivers wrote: > i have an access table which is an automatic update so its data is > constantly changing but the fields stay the same. > i need to be able to transfer...

Pivot Table not sorting correctly
In column A I have several of the same names listed more than once spelled exactly the same but when these line are pulled into a pivot table each is displayed seperately. I followed the same exact procedure for this table as I have for the others that I displayed correctly. What causes those lines to be displayed on separate lines? Perhaps some of the entries have space characters at the end, and others don't. Marian wrote: > In column A I have several of the same names listed more than once spelled > exactly the same but when these line are pulled into a pivot table each ...

Pivote table adding Fileds
Dear All Happy new year I had creat pivote table on table that was exported from Access (it was exported from query that based on relation beteen tabled ) ,if i make refreshing data on the same filds the new data will be refrexhed withot any problem , but when i add new filds in the query and exported again (with the same name and the same orginal fields but with one or two more additional fileds ) if i make refresh he can get and match the old filds but not the new filds , so i can not add this filds to the pivote table unless i restart the pivote table from the start , MY Question is , is...

TAble Insert
I have a person table that has id, firstname, lastname, address, city, state, zip. I have set all fields except id to have required = no and allow zero length = yes. But when I try the following query it will not insert the record because the firstname is not filled out. Any ideas? INSERT INTO person ( id, lastname, firstname, address, city, state, zip ) VALUES (1783, 'Hacienda La Daniela', '', '5310 SW 192 Avenue', 'Sw Ranches', 'Fl', '33331'); Try inserting Null instead of a zero-length string: INSERT INTO ... VALUES (1783, 'Hacienda...

Hope I've expressed my question correctly in the title. I have two separate tables. Table1: fldIDRepairName << AutoNumber and Primary Key fldRepairName << Index, Unique fldIDGroupName << Link to Foreign Table Table 2 ( I call this Foreign): fldIDGroupName <<AutoNumber and Primary Key fldGroupName ================== If trying to load an alphabetical list of the "fldRepairName" in Table 1: and at the same time get the "fldGroupName" into a second list box?? =================== If I loop "Tabl...