switching

I am considering switching to MAC

I recently bought Office for my PC.

Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program
from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double
cost?

thanks

David
0
knopfd (1)

In article <221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>,
 "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com> wrote:

> I am considering switching to MAC
>
> I recently bought Office for my PC.
>
> Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program
> from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double
> cost?

Unfortunately, there's no discount/switch program available (any guesses
why?). If you're a student or educator, buying the Student/Teacher
edition could save you a lot of money (note that it's not guaranteed to
be upgradeable, but if you'll continue in that status for a while,
buying a second S/T edition will be cheaper than buying an upgrade).

Alternatively, buying Virtual PC would allow you to run your existing
copy of WinOffice, albeit more slowly than if on a native WinTel machine
- if you only use Office occasionally, that's not a bad solution. If you
use it every day, I'd recommend getting MacOffice.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
9/17/2004 12:49:50 PM
Hi,

I hate to think of how many thousands of Mac users were forced to pay for
copies of Windows, Windows Office, and who bought PCs over the years whose
pleas to let them use Macs at work fell on deaf ears. None of them got a
break.

My suspicion (it's pure speculation) is that the Windows Office group sales
folks would probably whine and complain if the MacBU offer upgrade pricing
for switchers for fear of market "cannibalilzation" or some other nonsense
excuse.

Despite the fact it would probably build good will for Microsoft as whole
and increase market share for MacBU, I don't think we'll see Windows
versions of Office be made eligible for upgrade pricing.

</End of soap-box chatter.>

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

MVPs are not Microsoft Employees
MVP info http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Quoting from "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com>, in article
221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl, on [DATE:

> I am considering switching to MAC
>
> I recently bought Office for my PC.
>
> Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program
> from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double
> cost?
>
> thanks
>
> David

0
goldkey74 (611)

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

switching
I am considering switching to MAC I recently bought Office for my PC. Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double cost? thanks David In article <221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I am considering switching to MAC > > I recently bought Office for my PC. > > Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program > from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double > cost? Unfortunately, there's no discount/switch ...

switching to windows 7
switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how can i access e-mails created in outlook express? Copy the ***ENTIRE*** OE message store to flash or CD. Do not copy individual dbx files. Put the copy of the message store on the Win7 Desktop. Open WLMail and File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express and point to where you saved them. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jessica" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uOEamPygKHA.1112@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > switching to windows 7, ...

switching from outlook express to outlook
I keep getting a mail delivery error, either saying "password required" or "the operation was cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties section of the account, to no avail. Of course, Express asks me for a password before kicking in. Any suggestions? "Barrie" <bhharry@telus.net> wrote in message news:05eb01c39539$a1626300$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I keep getting a mail delivery error, either > saying "password required" or "the operation was > cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties >...

HELP. 2 Emails in 03' and need to switch them.... want new email M
Help! I have just added second email acct to 2003 + want new acct to appear so its connected to contacts,calendar,outbox... I'm unsure of how to explain it.... but I'll try. Note: I have already made this email account my default account. Currently, my view looks like this in "all mail folders" view under Mail in navigation pane: +Personal Folders Deleted items Drafts +Inbox ****(This is the inital email, and under OUTLOOK TODAY, THIS email account comes under inbox (seen under "messages" in Outlook Today.)**** Junk Email ...

User Switch
XP, Home Edition ,SP3 Hello! Somehow thru my own judgment error I have managed to become a Computer Administrator..Prior to today I would go directly to the desktop and begin using my PC..Now I find myself having to allow the computer to load my personal settings..I would like to go back to the default(?) I had but I have scoured the options to go back and I don't know how..I am anxious to go back to what I had..I have never shared my computer so I guess I am ignorant about switching users...Thanks so Much...Nick Run System Restore to a time before the problem began. ...

how could i capture the event when my computer switch display device?
laptop could redirect the display output to another device by pressing Fn + special key, how could i know this happened? i have searched msdn for sometime, hanvn't found any window message related. does anyone know ? "thinktwice" <memorialday@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ea3d8cfa-2c80-445f-899e-630ec0bd9239@a8g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > laptop could redirect the display output to another device by pressing > Fn + special key, how could i know this happened? i have searched msdn > for sometime, hanvn't found any window message related. does anyone > ...

Connecting Switches
Hi, I know this isn't strictly a SBS question but I'm hoping someone can answer me a simple (I hope) question. My SBS network has outgrown it's current office and we need to get a couple of PC's, telephones and a printer put in another office about 40 meters away. To get a bit of breathing space I want 10 data points in this new office (we will only need 5). My local voice / data installers are wanting to run 10 cat5e cables to this new office so will require around 500 meters of cabling and "x" amount of time for wages. I have a Dell PowerConnec...

Problems switching to new hardware
after removing active directory from the machine, I tried to activate it as a 2nd machine for the new Dell machine. No luck, it still could not locate the machine. After tinkering around I finally gave up and reinstalled the OS on the new machine from scratch. I recreated the user list and also installed the email server. We're up and running again. I only have one problem left. Our old domain was server1.xxx.org. The new domain I created was just xxx.org. So now anytime we try to access the external web site from our provider called xxx.org I don;t get it. I've tried to use the DNS ma...

"Switch To" another application
I want to pop a running application up to the top of the screen. Basically I want to simulate the functionality of the "Switch to" feature in Task Manager. Naturally, it will not work. First off, I obtain the process handle by using EnumProcesses(). Next, after realizing that this was an area of the API with lots of holes, I find I must jump through hoops in order to "Switch To" this application. Next, I call GetProcessID() on my process handle. Next, I call EnumThreadWindows which inconvienently uses a callback function to obtain the window handles of the windows of t...

Newsonly switch
I see that Windows Live Mail has a newsonly switch, and I have used it to start WLM from DOS. I tried to add the switch to the right-clicked, "properties" target field, but was unable to do so. Is there any way to add the newsonly switch to the field(s) in the properties box? Or maybe elsewhere? Please help, and thank you in advance! Sincerely, Paine Ellsworth painius@aol.com "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Paine Ellsworth" <painius@aol.com> wrote in message news:emif1u0m...

switching mailbox to a different user.
is it possible to take a mailbox and attach it to another user? I need to create a user and take a mailbox that is attached to a different user and somehow attach it to the new user I am creating. On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:14:04 -0800, "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it possible to take a mailbox and attach it to another user? I need to >create a user and take a mailbox that is attached to a different user and >somehow attach it to the new user I am creating. Yes. Make sure you have Deleted Mailbox Retention enabled on the store for more than...

I switched on the R1C1 reference style but I can't switch it off a
I got a message its header is "name conflict" That means you had a name that looked like a cell address. If I'm in R1C1 reference style, I can name a range: B3 But if I want to switch back to A1 Reference style, then my name "B3" will confuse excel. It has to have you change this to something that isn't an address. So if you want to change to A1 Reference style, you're gonna have to choose a new name--something like: _B3 would work. gello wrote: > > I got a message its header is "name conflict" -- Dave Peterson ...

converting switch to lookup tbl?
I've had this lingering question for a while and am now finally trying to address it. We know switch statements' sizes are limited. I have this switch statement below, and I need to add more but am bumping up against the size limitation: SELECT Switch( [TCODE]="4030","Purchase - abcd" , [TCODE]="3021","Dividend - abcd", [TCODE]="8081","FIFO Sale - Subtract CDSC", [TCODE]="7011" And IsNull([TBL1.SACCTNUM])<>True,"Not purchase", [TCODE]="7011" And IsNull([TBL1.SACCTNUM])=True,"Purchas...

switching users
(Running XP Pro sp3 on Gateway Laptop, 64bit AMD processor, 32 bit windows.) Having trouble switching user accounts (logging off goes somewhat smoother but has intermittent problems. So I go into User Accounts->Change the way users Log on or off and I check the Allow fast switching and also check Use Welcome screen, since they are not checked. However I then get a msg that says Automation Server Can't Create and the previous checks do not hold. Obviously I must not have something loaded ? Appreciate any help. "RB" <NoMail@NoSpam> wrote in message news:O...

Switching words within cells
Is it possible to switch the word order within a cell. For example, if I have Alexander Todd in cell A1, can I change it to Todd Alexander? Thanks for the help! hi =SUBSTITUTE(MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1)),"/"," & ") Switch the cell address to your cell address >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to switch the word order within a cell. For example, if I >have Alexander Todd in cell A1, can I change it to Todd Alexander? Thanks >for the help! >. > ...

how do i keep my font size when i switch years on calender
I am making calenders on size D paper (24 x 36) how do i keep my font size of 36 when I switch years Months? Highlight the month on page two, Edit, Undo Synchronize. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "kirkhardee" <kirkhardee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CEB9DE9-1E89-4E87-B9B6-68CF4C549FD8@microsoft.com... >I am making calenders on size D paper (24 x 36) how do i keep my font size of > 36 when I switch years ...

Switch question
Hi, I want to open up new message (opened from a link on the dsktop) with my email address already inserted in the from box. Any way I can do this? -- BadHead :) --- OS: Windows XP Professional SP2 (32-bit) Office Suite: Microsoft Office 2003 Professional SP2 MoBo: Abit AN8 Fatal1ty CPU: AMD64 3200 (Venice Core) RAM: 2048Mb 400Ghz Patriot XBLK (4X512MB) GPU: NVIDIA 6800 (Driver Version 78.01) Sound: Creative Audigy X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS do you have more than one email account? if so, rather from filling in the from field, you want the account selected. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives...

How do I switch pages around in a document?
I have a 4 page document in Word and need to switch pages 3 & 4 around. Is there a way without having to insert a blank page and cut and paste? Thank you! You probably do not need to insert the blank page. Just select all of the text on Page 3, then use Ctrl+X to cut it from the document, then use Ctrl+End to move to the end of the document and then use Ctrl+V to paste the text from Page 3 back into the document. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, o...

Field Switched
Hello, I have a syntax error in a Word 2003 calculated form control. I have read many of the articles suggested here when dealing with field switches, etc., but keep getting the syntax error. Here is what I am doing and why. Creating a form that will be used by very inexperienced computer users. Some may fill out the form electonically, thus the form fields, others will print it out and fill it in. It must be as simple as possible. verification field with number fields set to calculate on exit and a total calculated field which shows a zero by default. We cannot have th...

MFC switch on function signature?
Hi Experts: Since MFC process Windows messages by switching on the signatures of the message handler functions; what happens when two handlers have same signature? Thanks in advance! Polaris I'm not sure I understand the question, but I often have different messages call the same function. I have to code ths by hand since the wizard won't do it, but for example: ON_EN_CHANGE(IDE_SERVERID, OnModified) ON_EN_CHANGE(IDE_SERVER_DESC, OnModified) ON_CBN_SELCHANGE(IDCB_OPMODE, OnModified) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_FIFO, OnModified) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_AUTOMIN, OnModified) ON_BN_CLICK...

Can desktop be switched in InitInstance()?
Hi, I'd like my app to run in a non-default desktop. I thought I could create a new desktop and switch to it in InitInstance() and then restore the old desktop in ExitInstance(). The code in InitInstance() is as follows: CMyApp::InitInstance() { m_hDeskThreadSav = ::GetThreadDesktop(GetCurrentThreadId()); m_hDeskInputSav = ::OpenInputDesktop(0, FALSE, DESKTOP_SWITCHDESKTOP); m_hDesktop = ::CreateDesktop(L"MyDesktop", NULL, NULL, 0, GENERIC_ALL, NULL); ::SetThreadDesktop(m_hDesktop); ::SwitchDesktop(m_hDesktop); [...] } When app runs I get a new desktop but the a...