Still a problem- loss of Office print dialog window

Problem as described in this thread:
'Loss of standard print dialog box in Office 2004 11.2.1'
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office/browse_thread/thread/ba72ff609a1b7c4/7dd92e881c05837d?lnk=gst&q=print+dialog&rnum=1#7dd92e881c05837d

I would really like to see an actual answer to this problem because it
is STILL happening to me, Office 2004 v.11.3.4. Happens in all Office
apps, but is particularly frustrating not having it in PowerPoint.

Uninstalling and re-installing MS Office several times does eventually
fix the problem but when you are rolling out many new machines to
users like I am doing, it is not practical. I have searched hard for a
particular preference file which might be the culprit but with no
luck.

Current situation:

University faculty environment

-Freshly imaged iMac G5 (1.9GHz, 1.5GB RAM) running 10.4.8 and with
one (administrator) account.
-Connect up new iMac G5 to old Mac in target disk mode and use
Migration Assistant to bring users non-admin account across to new
iMac G5
-Finish migration, log out of admin account, log in to user account
-No Office print dialog window in all Office apps, only default print
dialog window.
-Office print dialog window DOES appear in admin account, but not in
newly created accounts. (Newly created accounts built on the master -
build iMac DID show the print dialog window however. This points to an
imaging issue)

0
bigmwkd (2)

haha, ignore that last line, i didn't finish checking the editing of
the message before posting. Imaging is NOT an issue here!

0
bigmwkd (2)
3/16/2007 6:11:38 AM
Hi,

Does the freshly imaged iMac have a copy of Office 2004 on it as well as the
older Macs?

-Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

Quoting from "bigmwkd@gmail.com" <bigmwkd@gmail.com>, in article
1174006550.547081.36370@l75g2000hse.googlegroups.com, on [DATE:

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

MVPs are not Microsoft Employees
MVP info http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
goldkey74 (611)

Windows 7 AD problem
Frustrating issue here: I have a windows server 2003 AD infrastructure. I Windows 7 as my company computers. I have 1 user (user A) that, when logged into the network, loses control of his screen when user B starts typing. I have made sure that IPs are not conflicting. I have created different accounts for both of them but still keep having the same bad luck. It is causing user A to not be able to work because whenever user B is typing an e-mail it literally takes control of user A's screen and starts typing into whatever program he has open. I have never seen nor ...

Outlook still hanging
I have followed the advice from my last message - I have renamed the file to outcmd.old and I have disabled messenger in the Options. The problem only occurs when I try to send/receive. If I turn off send/receive every thing is OK but as soon as I try to manually receive or on opening, Outlook freezes still. please help Peter ...

Open File Dialog
Is there a way to change the default (alphabetical) listing of files in the Open File Dialog? I have a directory of Word files that has several sub-folders. I'd like the folders to be grouped together at the top of the list, then all the Word docs. sorted alphabetically from there. The way it is now, all the folders appear in the list, but separated by a bunch of files. In the OSX finder, I can sort by "Kind", but that option doesn't seem to be available in the Open File dialog. Thanks in advance for your help. In article <916e0bc.0405240708.2606495e@posting.google.c...

How to set CEdit to ReadOnly but the background color still White?
I use Visual C++ MFC 4.2. I want to set all my CEdit controls to read only but I want to keep the WHITE BACKGROUND appearance. How to do that? Thank you very much. Handle WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC. -- Ajay "Landon" <Landon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C081A07-E979-42C5-B56B-8F151B440757@microsoft.com... >I use Visual C++ MFC 4.2. > > I want to set all my CEdit controls to read only but I want to keep the > WHITE BACKGROUND appearance. > > How to do that? > > Thank you very much. I've tried it and it works. But I've got 2 M...

COUNTIF Problem #2
I have a large spreadsheet (20+ columns and 2000+ rows) called 'big_list'. On another spreadsheet, I use the following equation to display the number of times the word 'Open' appears in column H. =COUNTIF('C:\Spreadsheets\[big_list.xls]Sheet1'!$H$1:$H$1676,"Open") Column B of 'big_list' contains dates. What equation would display the number of times the word 'Open' appears in column H and have a date in column B that is earlier than '25/10/03'. Any suggestions? COUNTIF only seems to allow for one variable. Thanks in advance. try ...

Mouse flicker problems in MS Word, ,running windows 7.
I recently installed MS Office Home and Student on a windows 7 operating pc - but everytime I start word my curser flickers in the screen area and i can't click right or left. I don't know what to do to fix this problem. Any ideas would be appreciated. It isn't a Word problem, but my suspicion is either the printer driver is corrupt or incompatible or missing. Make sure that you have the latest driver for your printer and then delete and reinstall the printer. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "PR100" <PR100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Printing document references
Hello, We have a number of forms which we have produced here at work which require numbered references on them so each document is unique. Can this be batch driven ? EG. I have designed a printed sheet in Excel for our stock take this year. We need 200 sheets to be issued out to the guys doing the counting. Each sheet needs its own unique documents reference number on it so it can be traced. How can I automate this so I can print 200 copies of the document, and the document references increase incrementally on each separate page. EG. ABC0001, ABC0002, ABC0003... I dont want to have t...

problem when transferring out serialized item
we have a serialized item that was returned by a customer, and was placed into offline inventory. i went to offline inventory and transferred the item out, we did a standard transfer type (we are sending the item back to the supplier). after doing that, i went to the transfer out order, and selected issue all, and tried to commit to it. i get the error message "the following serial number exists in the database, and is not available for issuing: 04215494019" i checked this serial number in the serial table, and the status of the serial number is set at 3. we've never...

RAID 10 still best for DB's?
We run Exchange 2003 Enterprise. We have 3 Mailbox stores which had 1-2 databases in each and each maiailbox store in on a RAID 10 partition. We use to have them on RAID 5 at it was very slow sometimes, our average writes/reads to disk per second were sometimes hitting > 50 msecs. Now on RAID 10 we sometimes get the odd >30 msecs but many when backups are running. We are going to be upgrading our server soon, would RAID 10 be the best way? Plus we will eventually upgrade this new server to Exchange 2007. On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:00:11 +0100, "Gonzo" <no@no.com> ...

Problems with send to
Hello, we have the following problem. There is a worddocument published at our intranet. When i open this document an choose then 'send to', Outlook is starting and a new mail is created with a doc- file attached. But there are some users, if they open this document an choose 'send to', they create a new mail with a attached html-file (doc.htm) Where can i change this behavior.I want always send a doc- file. We are using Outlook2000 with Microsoft-Rich-Text as Emaileditor. The behavior is independent from the IE-version. All help is welcome Thank you Henrik I ca...

Contacts problem after running ADC?
We have a 2000 domain sp4, and a 5.5 sp4 machine on a 2000 server sp 4. We are getting ready to set up 2003 exchange and on a 2003 server and then migrate the mailboxes over. We have installed 2003 and then installed the connector on the 2003 machine, but we have not installed 2003 Exchange. I ran Active Directory Connector and now there are 2 problems? 1. On the global directory in Outlook there are 2 entries for every person, one e-mail address and one (what looks like a) custom recipient, how do I get rid of them? 2. Names are not being resolved when you type them in the to: spa...

Still losing pictures
I am still losing my graphics! Here is what has happened: Originally, I started to edit an existing file. Most of the pictures were already there. I added some pictures and text using the insert picture from file method. After saving and re-opening the next day, I had lost all of the old images but still had the ones that I had just added. I replaced all of those pictures using the graphics Manager by clicking on the empty picture in the Graphics Manager and selecting replace picture. After saving and re-opening the next day, now they are all gone. I am using windows metafile images. Today,...

problem installing a system-wide hook
I am having trouble installing a system-wide hook (WH_CBT) using SetWindowsHookEx. I have build a DLL which contains my hook procedure and I dynamically load this DLL in my calling application, get the hook proc address, and call SetWindowsHookEx with the thread parameter as NULL. However, when I debug, the hook proc only gets called when windows are created, deactivated, etc for my application, instead I wanted the proc to be called for ANY window creation, activation, etc. I have tried a number of things but I don't understand why I am only able to hook events of my calling application i...

Printing questions (partII)
I have this spreadsheet with a calendar for a whole year. Each month is on a separate tab and covers a whole page when printed. I would like these features if they are possible. 1- have a button on each page that prints the actual month (page that is been looked at), and the following month. So if somebody is looking at the month of May, and clicks the button, automatically the June, July, August, Sep... and so on must be printed. This means that the button has to be changed for every month, but that's no problem. I need a macro that prints more than one sheet. 2- this one is tricky: if...

CRM 3 STILL NOT GOOD
Just tried CRM 3 on the demo servers provided by Microsoft. After ALL THE TIME they spent on it . . . and it's STILL NOT AS GOOD AS IT SHOULD BE! It lacks basic functionality found in earlier versions of ACT. And much is not intuitive (such as searching for accounts). I will not enjoy rolling this out to the sales reps as they will say that it's still not good. Even if you add a module like marketing, and yet neglect the basic problems with the software, you still don't have a truly good product. -- Brandon What sort of search functionality were you looking for ?. ...

Need "Out of Office Assistant " Access
I use Microsoft Office 2003 with the XP Service Pack 2 Download. Please let me know if there is any way I can set up an Out of Office Assistant. I need to know how to get and Exchange Server e-mail account for my business: Journeys far & Near, LLC for which I use this computer. I am a self-employed person operating as an independent contractor under that company name - without a complicated set-up, but with a professional grade Dell Latitude D600 computer and Windows XP Professional. I've been working with Windows since 3.0, and with PC's since the XT, although my bus...

need help printing on a form
How do i print a list addresses that i have saved in excel on a form from like an address book. i dont know how to arrange the address name etc... manually before printing. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It may be easiest to print the list by using Microsoft Word's Mail Merge feature to pull the data from Excel. There's information on the Word MVPs' web site: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/ help_needed wrote: > How do i print a list addresses that i have saved in excel on a form > from like an address book. i dont know how to arrange t...

Money 2006 Archiving Problem
I am trying to archive my 2004 checking, saving and credit card transactions. I don’t have any investment accounts set-up which is documented as being a no-go when archiving. If I try to archive all accounts the program makes a backup then goes non-responsive. If I try to archive an individual account the program makes a backup and completes the operation but the archived date is not removed. My current file sizes is 9,000 KB and the program is becoming noticeably slower. Any advise on how to get this data off would be much appreciated. thanks pedro Many of us will not advise peopl...

SP2 problem: Public Folders in OL2003's Favorites
Hi there, Previously with o2k3sp1 running on wxpsp2, in ol2003 cache mode, after adding public folders in Favorites (PF in F), for emails in "PF in F" I can "save as" the email to local harddisk as msg file, after email saved I can delete it from my "PF in F" without affecting the original public folder as the email stil there. However after install o2k3 sp2, for "PF in F" found that I cannot "save as" msg file, prompted "you don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation", I cannot "delete" emails i...

Outlook 2007 (RTM) New Mail Notification still not fixed?
I've searched the groups and found people experiencing problems with the new mail notification in Outlook 2007. The main problem is that the mail icon in the system tray will only appear when new mail arrives in the DEFAULT store inbox and stays there. If a rule moves the email to a different folder, no mail icon will show up, nor will it show up if email is delivered to an INBOX, but one that is not the default store (i.e. when using an exchange account and a POP account). So....I'm using the final Enterprise version, and the problem still exists. Rules can be created to show the...

Problem with calculated fields with data from subform
Hi, We have an application where one of the forms has several calculated fields. Some of the data comes from subforms, some use data in other calculated fields. The subforms are linked to the main form on the invoice number. This has worked for years, moving from Access 95 through 98 to 2000, but one client bought new computers running Win XP Home Edition and with Office XP, and now the calculated fields show up blank.. It appears to be an Access 2003 problem, because it works fine on Access 2000 machines running Win 98, 2000 and XP. I am wondering if it is a timing problem, since some calc...

linking problem
Hello All, Please help i have a linking peoblem, the error i get is : Linking... LIBCD.lib(_wctype.obj) : error LNK2005: _iswupper already defined in TMHotkeys.obj LIBCD.lib(_wctype.obj) : error LNK2005: _iswdigit already defined in TMMDParser.obj LIBCD.lib(_wctype.obj) : warning LNK4006: _iswupper already defined in TMHotkeys.obj; second definition ignored LIBCD.lib(_wctype.obj) : warning LNK4006: _iswdigit already defined in TMMDParser.obj; second definition ignored 10x hy, check for double included files! >-----Original Message----- >Hello All, > >Please help i have a lin...

Send message to the window in another UI thread
Hi, I have a main UI thread, which creates a second UI thread. This second UI thread is going to create a new window called WindowA. class CSecondUIThread: public CWinThread { bool InitInstance() { //Create WindowA here } void SomeOperation() { //Do some operation on WindowA } } Right after AfxBeginThread( ) in main thread to start the second thread, I am going to call CSecondUIThread::SomeOperation() to do some operation on WindowA which in created in CSecondUIThread::InitInstance (). However, before I call SomeOperation(), I want to make sure WindowA is alread...

How to setup Outlook EMAIL for OUT OF OFFICE
My wife asked me how to set up MS OFFICE OUTLOOK for out of office assistant. I thought she was just being stupid then ... I soon discovered I must be too. The help menu says ... the following but I how do I can't seem to find the "Out of office assistant" so ... either I've smoked too much good stuff, I am not in the MS Exhange Server or, there is something wrong with the instructions. I've smoked too much to know which it is. Any ideas? cc: MS help menu below: This feature requires you to be using a Microsoft Exchange Server e-mail account. 1.. To turn out ...

Excel Problems #2
My computer: Deskto XP operating syste Office 200 stand alone...not networke I just installed MS Office 2003 and apparently had a user account set up for me during the installation. I am the administrator and I can't get rid of the User accounts....a feature that I do not want. However, when trying to open files I get the following screen message Invalid or missing cookie(s). Your administrator requires that cookies be used to secure your session. Please contact your administrator if you need further assistance. Anyone have any ideas how to handle this problem? I can't get into E...