Spellcheck language Vs Keyboard language

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: intel

I have a spanish Macbook Pro and want to keep the use of the spanish keyboard but have word spellcheck my documents using English (us). It seems that i cant have the two as the spellcheck automatically reverts to the checked box in the Input menu and check the documents in Spanish. Even when i try to set Language in word to English (us) and save it as my default it automatically reverts back to Spanish. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cgdeca
0
cgdeca (2)

Spellcheck
Is there a way to apply a spellcheck to the contents of a textbox? That's strange? My spell check is working in Text Boxes - Excel2000. -- Regards, Martin "zt" wrote: > Is there a way to apply a spellcheck to the contents of a textbox? how about excel 2003 "Martin" wrote: > That's strange? My spell check is working in Text Boxes - Excel2000. > -- > Regards, > > Martin > > > "zt" wrote: > > > Is there a way to apply a spellcheck to the contents of a textbox? Sorry I don't have access to Excel 2003 but I...

Outlook 2000 vs Outlook Express 6
My Verizon account is set up to use Outlook 2000, which works fine when I am using it. However, when I am in Hotmail and go to a "site outside Hotmail" and want to send an email, instead of getting my 2000, it brings up Outlook Express 6 and then gives me error msgs that the STMP and IMAP addresses are not set up correctly. I am trying to delete Outlook Express 6 so that this conflict is eliminated. Can I do that? Is there some violation or error or conflict between Express and Outlook 2000 that is causing this, and how do I fix it? Would appreciate any help. I cannot ...

MS Outlook 2002 "category" vs. "categories"
What I would like to do is assign a "category" or "categories" to emails which were sent to me so that I can sort by the field. My goal is to organize my inbox so that I can see at a glance, which emails need follow-up based on the category the email is assigned to. I am currently using folders to organize completed emails but don't want to use them for open emails that need follow-up. I tried setting up my inbox view to "group by" "categories", but didn't like the extra step of clicking the '+' to open the groups. What I have found so...

Missing translation language pairs
I an using Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 with ALL components installed to run on the computer. I used to have several language pairs available (e.g. English-German, English-Spanish, English-French). After experiencing major problems with all Office components crashing, Microsoft Tech Support advised me to uninstall Office and re-install Office. After I did this, the language pairs disappeared. How do I get the language pairs back and functioning? At present, when I selct and right-click a phrase and the Research window opens and I expand Translate, both the From and T...

keyboard shortcuts
Is there something that would turn off some of the keyboard shortcuts in Excel? I can hit CTRL + SHIFT + END but instead of going to the end of the sheet, I go to the end of the row. If I open the same xls file on another computer, I can get to the end of the sheet, as I'm supposed to. The same goes for using CTRL + SHIFT + <ARROW KEY>. On my PC, it selects the entire row or column. On his, it may go 2 or 3 cells in the direction I press, but that is it. The user of the computer where this issue is occurring is a power user of Excel, but may have tripped a setting that I'm ...

Outlook folder in diff. language
Hi, In one of my office PC, outlook folders are showing in different languages. Instead of "Inbox" it is showing some other language. Same in the case of "sent items" also. Rest all folders like calander, drafts all are showing as it is. I checked with control panel/regional settings. It's English only. ANd I tried to start outlook with the outlook/resetfolders command also. Can you please have a look into this. I don't know the solution, but have an idea whats causing it. I have the same problem since I upgraded the local (Dutch) office 2000 to the US-en...

keyboard shortcut for the smart tag
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C5E63B.DE0B7940 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I copy text out of a web page, say, and paste it into an Excel = worksheet, the cute little smart tag icon (which I love) pops up in the = bottom right hand corner. Now, when I click on that icon, a menu appears = with formatting choices (or paste options). I noticed that the menu = choices have their shortcut keys underlined (ie: Keep Source Formatting; = Match Destination Formatting) etc. So my qu...

Developer vs Analyst
One big problem I am coming across as I implement CRM in my organisation is that you quickly run into brick walls which can only be overcome by dragging in development resource - this is fine for large organisations but I only have a limted number of engineers who are fully committed to other projects - the stuff I am trying to do is very simple inter-record referencing etc but it seems you have to be a programmer to do this with callouts etc No real purpose to this - just a winge following a wasted few hours trying to get data from one custom entity into another :! ...

Spellcheck
I have outlook express which came with my VAIO. I have noticed that I don't have the capability to spellcheck anything. It's like the program doesn't have spellcheck loaded. Does anyone know where I can get spellckeck for outlook express? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplo...

Spellchecker
Does Outlook 2003 include a spellchecker or do I have to install Word for the spell checker function? >-----Original Message----- >Does Outlook 2003 include a spellchecker or do I have to >install Word for the spell checker function? >. >No it does not. I am having the same trouble and was told to install Microsoft Office which has WORD and EXCHANGE program. >-----Original Message----- >Does Outlook 2003 include a spellchecker or do I have to >install Word for the spell checker function? >. >You need word for outlook express spellchecker to work >---...

how do I make the text in an image searchable in different languag
One Note only gives me the options of English Spanish and French, how do I choose one of the other languages supported by the program for text in an image? (In this case I need Hebrew). Thank You! -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > One Note only gives me the options of English Spanish and French, how do I > choose one of the other languages supported by the program for text in an > image? (In this case I need Hebrew). > Thank You! Did you try: 1. select the note 2. Tools -> Set Language (right pane) Bernd ...

Change Spell Check Language to English (UK)
I can't find where/how to change the language to English(UK) in Publisher, though my Word and system defaults are set to Australian (we use UK spelling). Thanks for your time and consideration. DashWess wrote: > I can't find where/how to change the language to English(UK) in > Publisher, though my Word and system defaults are set to Australian > (we use UK spelling). > > Thanks for your time and consideration. Then why don't you change Publisher to Australian English? And you don't say what version you're running but I fail to understand if you can find...

Email headers different in Entourage 2008 vs. Outlook 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I'm having a problem where we are trying to add additional email headers (relating to spam filter scoring, for example) and these headers will not be displayed when viewed in Entourage. When the same message is viewed in Outlook 2007, all of the additional message headers are displayed. Additionally, the DKIM signature header item is completely ignored and not viewable in Entourage. Is there some setting for Entourage to view all headers and/or why does it omit some of them? <br><...

FATAL error : Language database file
Dear All, Have any one experience this problem?? FATAL error : Language database file c:\documents and settings\administrator\desktop\MGRLanguage.dat not found. Plus.... the application store manager/store pos/store administrator cannot be open.... it was saying not a valid win32 application. It happen in two shops with data residing on it. I'm using 1.3.0203 GregDxb wrote: > Dear All, > > Have any one experience this problem?? > > FATAL error : Language database file c:\documents and > settings\administrator\desktop\MGRLanguage.dat not found. why you hav...

Re: Japanese Language Tool
I'll add that it can be done quite easily in Windows 7 Ultimate. I have no idea which Operating System you're using. Nancy ------------------------------------------------------------------ "Nancy Jackman" wrote in message news:... It can be done. I have it in Windows 7. Someone will give you the hand-holding details. Nancy "Karen Gaudoin" wrote in message news:550D058D-CF35-4E6C-AAC2-DD8F3E346C3E@microsoft.com... I can send messages in Japanese type, but I can't receive in type, it comes through as symbols. The headings of the le...

keyboard shortcut #5
Hello According to Office Assistant Online, if you click Ctrl Home, it places the insertion point to the beginning of the worksheet. And if you click Ctrl End, it moves the insertion point to the last used cell on the worksheet. My last row is 256 but Ctrl End takes the cursor to row 449 which is miles away. I've made absolutely sure there is nothing between 256 and 449 but it still does it. Can anyone help please Dave Sometime Excel remembers data or formatting that you removed from the worksheet. There are instructions here for resetting the last cell: http://www.contextur...

How do I view a foreign language in an e-mail?
I used to be able to use a decode option for a Chinese font I received in Outlook express. Ever since I upgraded to MS office 2007 and used Outlook I am not able to display foreign characters such as Chinese. Can someone help me? ...

MS Access vs Informix 4GL
Hello all; I am quite comfortable using Access via ODBC however I am now looking at a new position using Informix 4GL on top of SQL Technology on an HP9000 server. Has anyone had experience with Informix from a queries, data reporting, manipulation and GUI design perspective? Is it similar to Access and what would be the reasons for using Informix rather than Access. I am plowing through SQL for dummies in the case that I might have to take hours to do what I can do in minutes with Access. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks RJ "RJ" <RJ@discussio...

Languages of CRM Outlook & MS Outlook
I have to install the client CRM Outlook (Spanish version) on PCs that have operating system and Microsoft Outlook (English version) but I want to know if there any problems that might submitted by the incompatibility of languages. As an example if I made the installation of client CRM Outlook on PC test but I was unable to perform the installation of rollups 1 and 2 (Spanish and English version) of client CRM on the PC due to the incompatibility of languages among these components . Thanks for help Office 2003? with language pack? That shouldn't be a problem, install English Offic...

Spellcheck and deleting
My spellcheck does not work. When clicking spellcheck, it always confirms spelling as correct, when it is not. Also, it used to automatically check the spelling when I sent a message - it no longer does this. My second problem is that my delete does not always work. Sometimes when I hit delete, the message is deleted as it is supposed to do. Other times, nothing happens. I uninstalled outlook express and then reinstalled it hoping this might solve my problem(s). It did not. Any advise you can give me would be appreicated. Than you. What version of Outlook are you using? Note: ...

How do I change the default dictionary language from US to UK ???
I have tried by going to 'Tools, Set Language, UK' ut as soon as I open the spell checker again it reverts back to US ! Any ideas on how I can chage this permanently? ...

Language for spellcheck
I am trying to help someone who's spellcheck comes up in French. We have checked everything I can think of and all of it is set to English including the Language on the Review/Proofing tab. However, when she clicks spellcheck and it finds a work, the dialog box is showing French. How do we get this to be English? -- Barbara R Hello Barbara, what sometimes happen is that the text itself is set to be checked in French. So you can change all other settings, when the text was set to be in French, it will remain so. So try to select the text and then from Tools - Spell ...

Language
We have just installed GP 9 for a Montreal based company. The GUI in English is not a problem. I need to be able to have 2 descriptions of items one in English and the Other in French. Addtionally, can I assign a language option to a client so it will know weather to English or French should be picked up? Thanks Rob ...

Languages 07-26-05
Have you get any info if version 3.0 will be able to using a few languages on the same database? We are going to open new foregin department and we would like to have the same database right now it appears to be single language only. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Rafal" <Rafal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8B97D3A-2062-4B62-9E31-48123FCF840B@microsoft.com... > Have you get any info if version 3.0 will be able to using a few languages on > the same database? We are going to open new foregin department and we woul...

Automatic message language definition in international environment
How can I strictly define language for replies in Outlook 2002 with Microsoft Word message editor? Definition of Word/Outlook are not strictly followed. Problem background: We operate Outlook 2002 in international environment and users obtain messages from various countries and some messages go through several countries. A lot of countries have alternate national language defined together with English language in Windows Regional settings. The problem is that when you forward/reply to a message, sometimes Outlook use the local language for new text, sometimes use English. There is no ...