Since Upgrade to 10.1.4, unable to open Visual Basic Editor

Hi!  Since upgrading OfficeX to v.10.1.4,
I keep getting the standard VBE error:

"VBC could not be opened, etc:
� not enough free memory
� file may have been deleted or moved
�VBE is not installed.

Obviously this isn't a memory issue, and VBE is installed.

Any suggestions?
Peter

Hi Peter,

Try using Disk Utility First Aid to repair permissions on the affected
startup disk.

-Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread.
Thanks.

About Microsoft MVPs:
http://www.mvps.org/

Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in:
<http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm>

----------
In article <4673b0c4.0308141037.3fcb9331@posting.google.com>,
peter.lurie@bigfoot.com (Peter Lurie) wrote:

> Hi!  Since upgrading OfficeX to v.10.1.4,
> I keep getting the standard VBE error:
>
> "VBC could not be opened, etc:
> � not enough free memory
> � file may have been deleted or moved
> �VBE is not installed.
>
> Obviously this isn't a memory issue, and VBE is installed.
>
> Any suggestions?
> Peter
0
goldkey741 (69)

upgrade Outlook 2000
Hello, I have used Outlook 2000 on Windows XP Pro platform. I want to upgrade this version now. On Microsoft download site I found some upgrade files and I already download some too. But when I install it I got message that version is not correct. I used this Outlook version 9.0.0.2711. I used IE 6 that I also want to upgrade. Hopping some guideline by this group. vit ...

New No 1
As for taking over the No. 1 spot in the world rankings from Woods, [url=http://www.onlinegolf118.com/]golf clubs for sale online[/url] this is the first opportunity for Mickelson that doesn't require him to win the tournament. He can become No. 1 Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums ...

Money 2005 upgrade
Wow a fiasco - I just downloaded Taxcut for my 2004 taxes and they had a decent deal for Money 2005 so I took the plunge. I put down my $60 ($40 rebate) but found that Money wouldn't download with Firefox so I tried the URL in IE and was told it was already downloaded and not available to re-download. So I called the support # lists (MSN dialup suppor - why?) and after two reps hanging up on me, the third one transfered me to the Xbox support # (this person WAS able to revserve my charges). So I tried the whole process again in IE and finally got to the download, and installed - ...

Messages are minimized when opened #2
I'm a new Outlook user and When I open an email, it shows up minimized automatically. I would lilke it not to be minimized since I'm ready to read it and that is an extra step that is irritating. Any Ideas? ...

outlook 10-20-03
Illegal operation happens when trying to access contacts in outlook. It closes us out. We are on a network. I don't know what You mean JellyBean... How are you trying to access the Outlook Contacts? More details are needed to be of any assistance besides silly jokes. Do ya know what I mean JellyBean?? JR "jellybean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bec01c3975e$1e6fa8a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Illegal operation happens when trying to access contacts > in outlook. It closes us out. We are on a network. ...

CRM 1.2 giving 'The system could not log you on...' for all users
Customer has CRM 1.2. Suddenly no user (including server administrator and crmadmin) cannot log on because they get the message : 'The system could not log you on. This could be because you are not......' Someone recently applied some updates to the server which seems too much of a coincidence but we are assured that there were no changes made to Active Directory etc. Any ideas as to what might have caused this. I have now noticed that the User Manager in the Deployment app does not display users but gives the error message (sorry don't remember exact words) 'This m...

MSM2006 wondering if I should upgrade to MSM2007
I'm currently running MS Money 2006 Deluxe. I was curious if anyone knew what feature/reasons would compel me to upgrade to MSM2007 Deluxe? Are there any substaintial differences between these versions? Thanks, Mike The improvements between M06 and M07 are marginal at best. I went to M07 from M04 because M04 was going to time out and M07 could fix the problems Money had created in My data file over the years that gave it huge problems in M06. See http://umpmfaq.info/Money2007.htm for more. "Mike Pate" <k5map@arrl.net> wrote in message news:r0kpn2t5uilkkg6saddgvos1l...

4 way postcard, right side print problems
I selected the 4 cards per sheet option. the 2 left side cards are perfect, the 2 right side cards cut the far right edge off in print preview and in actual print. I'm using Publisher 2003. thanks, seuss This is a limitation of your printer margins. Determine what your printer margins are and create your postcards, both left and right within that margin if you want them to all look the same. Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft...

Unable to install Outlook 2003
Trying to upgrade a users Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. User has a Windows 2000 Prof system. Runs the the install (upgrade), no errors, but before it completes the install it seems to abort the upgrade. When I open Outlook 2000, it's unchanged. I guess I should be happy for that. User receives a "ton" of junk mail and it would be easier for user to manage the junk mail. Any info would be greatly appreciated. what SP level is the Windows 2000 machine? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert...

Upgrading to Money 2005 Beware!
I am a 3 year user of Money 2003 and Money2004 Small Business. Although I have had minor problems, these products have been very stable and have greatly enhanced my financial control. So I was very surprised to find that MIcrosoft put out Money 2005 in its current state. I was receiving sales hints every time I ran 2004 and so I upgraded yesterday. What a mistake! The product has changed so much that nothing went smoothly and all of my records , accounts and history were messed up. Their program just quit several times on me without aborting messages - it just disappeared and I had to l...

Outlook 2002 rules #4
I have a user who everytime she opens outlook gets an error message, "rules in error: rule-server requested client action error" and then another part about not being able to move copy or delete the message. I removed all rules and created a new profile. These actions did not help solve the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Louis ...

Office 10: Accessing the Excel file issue
Dear All, When the user ��A�� accessing the Excel file, then, the user ��B�� access the Excel file at the same time. It will not prompt the file as read only from the User ��B��. When the user B want to save the file, it just prompt the error ��Cannot save this file��, then it will generate a temp file on desktop from the User ��B��. But the User A also can save the file and generate a temp file on the desktop also. However, the user B can open the temp file successfully but user A cannot. Customer wants to know how to fix it and want to find the root course. In OS9 + Office 2001 there ...

Cannot open items
When i select an item in a folder, the preview pane displays the following message: "This item contains active content that cannot be displayed in the preview pane. Open the item to read its contents." I'll get this message everytime i select an item and i cannot even open an item. Please assist. I have an user with the same problem. I have not been able to find a solution. He can open any item in our Public Folders unless it contains graghics. If he tries to open an item with graphic he gets the same message you are getting. "This item contains active content t...

PC Perf. slow-down since 05 install
Folks, I know this has been kicked around--we all know MSFT M05 is slow. However, since installing M05 I have noticed my PC mouse "stops" or "jerks" even while Money is closed. I can explain it like this: recall when Money is open and it goes to "automatically" update... the cursor turns into an hourglass and sometimes jerks as the processor spikes..? ....well, that's what happens on my PC even though M05 is closed. I wonder if MSFT made changes to iexplorer.exe or associated .dll's ??? Since the install, the performance on my AMD Athelon XP 280...

Multiple-criteria search on form, to open form
I know that there are queries that can do this, but I want to try to get this functionality on a form looking like this. After clicking 'Search', a table should return the filtered information. Please let me know if this is possible, and HOW to do it... preferably step by step? Thank you in advance. If all fields are empty, should return ALL records in table, correct? _______________________________ |Enter search criteria below | | ___________ | |Name | John | | | |__________| ...

Filter or highlight the last 10 entries
Hi all, How can I filter by or hightlight the newest 10 dates in a column and then if possible highlight the corresponding cells in the filtered rows that have text in them. Thanks in advance. My thoughts would be to do a data > sort > descending of the entire table by the dates col (I assume these contain all real dates). Then easily read off the latest 10 dates (from the top down). Then for the text highlights, you could select the data range eg: select A2:E100 (with A2 active), and apply CF using Formula is: =AND(ISTEXT(A2),A2<>"") Format to taste, ok out. Thi...

Cannot upgrade Excel 95
I recieved the following email from a client and have not been able to find an answer to give him. > I CAN NOT LOAD EXCEL UPGRADE. MY COMPUTER TELLS ME > IT CAN'T FIND ANYTHING TO SUPPORT THE UPGRADE. I LOOKED INTO MY > COMPUTER AND FOUND IT HAS EXCEL 95 THAT GATEWAY DOWNLOADED WHEN I > BOUGHT THE COMPUTER. THE PRODUCT ID# IS38297-070-1859633-27343. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ -- View and post Excel related usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTi...

Opening/Saving an Excel Attachement
After opening an attachment in Excel or Word the default folder that it saves to is a temp folder in the local settings. How can you change this to default to the users my documents. Remember we have opened these documents from an email. ...

SP3 Upgrade
The day before yesterday I applied the SP3 upgrade to Office XP. Now when I use Outlook (10.6515.6626 SP3) to send, reply, or forward I receive "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? ..." Of course I do since it is Outlook that is trying to access the e-mail addresses. Is there a means of changing or correcting this that anyone is aware of? Thanks... ...

outlook express 03-14-10
i tried sending a e mail in outlook, it would not go through and now every time i open outlook up it keeps popping up with message error ox8999ccc79, then when i shut it down a box pop up and says you have e mail to send and when you hit send it goes back to box again how can i stop this from happening. iam useing xp -- bob. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com "robert v logsdon" <heartbreaktime[at]yahoo[dot]com> wrote in message news:OKGxzp6wKHA.4636@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >i tried sending a e mail in outlook, Your subject says "Outlook Expres...

attachments 01-02-10
I am running XP V3 with OE6 as my mail program. I have had no previous problem getting attachments from this or any party but today they have sent it to me three times. I see no attachment paperclip or otherwise but others receiving same email are getting the attachment. I am running Avast and it shows no log entry regarding this message. Any thoughts on if it could be something here that changed? Mel If you check the message source, (Ctrl+F3), do you see the encoding for the attachment? If not, it was never actually sent. Also, see it they are using MS Outlook. If th...

CRM 1.2 and importing LEADS from CSV
Hello, Very new to CRM, I have a xls file saved as CSV format. This is a LEADS file, with names, addresses, and phone numbers. I have logged into CRM from my laptop, and I have administrator rights in CRM. Go to [all leads] view, and tools, then import LEADS. drill down to the file on the laptop, and then join the fields with their counterparts, i.e. name- first name, so on. Tell that it is a comma delimited file, and use the top line as the description. Then hit OK. It thinks for about 30 seconds, and says: "A system error occured while the data was being imported, the wizard ...

In outlook how do i enter an appointment at say 4.25pm not 4.30pm
In Outlook calendar I want to enter data at times other than the hour or half hour - say 4.25pm. How do I do that? G'Day Starling, While setting up the appointment, TYPE the start time (or end time) you desire in the appropriate box. -- Regards, Pat Garard Melbourne, Australia _______________________ "Starling" <Starling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DFD1741-3BD0-441D-B64B-CDB4B7322297@microsoft.com... > In Outlook calendar I want to enter data at times other than the hour or half > hour - say 4.25pm. How do I do that? type 4.25 in the ...

Unable to display the folder. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.
I have been unable to get Outlook Today to display when I open Outlook 2003. I get the following message when I start Outlook 2003, "Unable to display the folder. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again." However, I only have Outlook 2003 running and no other program is loaded. This also happens when I first start my computer and load Outlook 2003 first. Any suggestions on how to remedy this and restore Outlook Today? Does it work if you start in safe mode? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.ou...

Upgrading from Money 2002
Does anyone know if you can upgrade from Money 2002 to Money 2004 without going through 2003? Thanks! Catherine Yes, you can. "Catherine Waltham Sajdak" <blueeyes_79@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:012d01c36025$1c9aa860$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if you can upgrade from Money 2002 to > Money 2004 without going through 2003? > > Thanks! > > Catherine ...