Thanks, Diane.  If you can help me out a bit more, are you saying the &quot;Remove Office&quot; would be in the Office 04 set, and would it remove only 04?  Or it's in the 08 set and I should make sure it only finds 04 files?  (Not that it'd be the end of the world if it removed the wrong one, but just so I don't waste time and effort.)
0
Truly_Scruptious

find microsoft.public.mac.office at www.ugroups.com
This is a monthly reminder that via the web you can easily access microsoft.public.mac.office without a newsreader at http://www.ugroups.com/Computers/viewforum.php?f=34 This message from www.ugroups.com is intended for those who might be interested in free web based access to the newsgroups. Please add to your kill file to avoid future inconvenience. Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- ...

keeping scroll (freeze) while converting to web
Hi I want to publish a spreadsheet on the web, but keep the freeze function, so the sheet can be scrolled through. Is there a way of doing this, simply, thanks Tim ...

problems with right click in Office
When I click and/or right click on a Word or Excel file, it takes a loooong time to open. Once you open excel sheet and use "OPEN", it will quickly open. Help please -- neally When you click on a document Windows has to translate the file extension into the application. This might be a windows problem or a problem with how Excel was installed. Let's assume it's not and try looking at the article I found online. It's generally better to work with what you've got then start from scratch.. http://www.smartcomputing.com/Editorial/article.asp?article=articles/2...

Office 2007 Professional: Help Files Issues
Gents, I cannot find a solution to this odd issue and before I submit a support ticket I thought I would ask the community. We have office 2007 professional (volume licensing) on a Window 2003 terminal server. We have a few users out of a bunch that get the "This page is unavailable" I have tried the Refresh and back. I've tried online and offline modes. In offline I get the table of contents to the left but same unavailable message when I click the links. I noticed on testing some other users, that apparently never used the help. That there are some prompts...

Error message when copying Excel Pie Chart to Word (in Office 2007
I am getting an error and Excel is shutting down when I try to copy/ paste special (as a bitmap, or windows metafile, or picture, etc) a pie chart using colored data labels for each part of the chart. If I turn off these label by color boxes and just use a plain label or a lable with a line, the copy/paste special works fine. These pie charts were created in Excel 2003 and then the file was converted to Excel 2007 format. The Word version that I am using is 2007, but the file is still in compatibility mode with a 2003 word file. (I also tried this using 2007 to 2007 type files and it ga...

keeping values
I am sure that this question has been asked and answered. I am creating a worksheet for my class. I have a value in cell b2( I want use this value thru out the sheet). Let say b2 = 10 b c d 3 5 6 8 4 3 7 1 I want to subtract each value from b2(10). How can I do this without doing it manually? On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 14:06:04 -0700, AFL-math <AFL-math@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am sure that this question has been asked and answered. I am creating a >worksheet for my class. I have a value in cell b2( I want use...

office 2003 service packs / updates
I've just recently discovered how to use the CIW & CMW in creating customized office distributions. (Office 2003) So all my source files are located on the shared folder on the server. I just wonder if the process of updating service packs is the same was previously with office 2000. I wouldn't mind some feedback on this from people. In general I found all this material quite difficult to locate on the net. Cheers, There are several methods to do that. Which one were you using with Outlook 2000? If you mean slipstreaming the servicepack into the installation files see...

Change Serial Number Office 2004?
So, I bought a new iMac and took advantage of a bundle offer and purchased a new copy of Office 2004 so that I could get an upgrade to the pending new version when it is released next month. When I moved my existing directory from my old Powerbook to the new iMac I evidently moved the file that contains the serial number info for Office because I was never prompted for the s/n when I installed my new copy and the copy on the new machine is personalized to me as well. I'd like to be able to enter the new s/n without completely reinstalling the whole suite and all of the updates again. ...

Outlook 2003 keeps hanging and is unuseable, need help pelase.
I am running Win 2000 Pro and have just upgraded from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. I did this by installing on top of the old Office programs. All the Office 2003 programs work fine except for Outlook 2003 which keeps hanging. Doing ctrl-alt-del shows the Outlook application as "not responding", so I have to shut the program and restart it. I have tried reinstalling Outlook; backing out the latest patches; disabling Norton antivirus completely and shutting down other unnecessary tasks, and recreating some email accounts but no luck. Also, I see nothing relevant in the MS knowledge...

$2004 probably not worth the upgrade for $2003 users
I stopped by a CompUSA yesterday and spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out if 2004 was worth the upgrade (I have 03). I finally decided it wasn't. The box is very vague about what's been upgraded. It DOES have a "Haven't upgraded Money in a while?" list, but nothing similar for 2003. The home page is now "dynamic" (which just seemed to mean you could read MSN Money articles on the homepage). Transaction matching has been changed in some way so it works "better". There's a credit area that gives you your credit score (with Equifax service...

Uninstall of Money 2004
I installed the trial version of Money 2004 and when I tried to open my Money Deluxe/Business 2003 my b/u (which I did right before installing Money 2004) won't work. I finally deleted Money 2004 all together (which was in its own directory) and I still can't get Money 2003 to open my file. I reinstalled Money 2004 and it works fine. Is there a way to backup my current Money 2004 file so that I can access it with Money Deluxe/Business 2003? Thanks! Todd Todd, Check the fine print from the trial version. I'm quite sure that the 2004 file cannot be read by Money 2003...

Toolbars Keep Jumping Around
How can I fix Outlook to leave my toolbars where I put them? Every time I open Outlook, it wants to put them all on separate rows. Includes Acrobat and a custom toolbar. Thanks! If you have already tried deleting outcmd.dat and it does not work, then your problem is caused by badly behaving add-ins -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Karl Burrows asked this group: | How c...

Message keeps sending every day...
We have a client with 4 Citrix servers and Microsoft Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2000 running in the thin client sessions. One of the users at this company received a joke message with no attachments and forwarded it on to some of her colleagues and friends at other companies. Now, the same message is being sent every day or every other day to everyone on the list. To make matters worse, she sent an email out to all of them saying she was sorry for all the trouble with it and now that message is being sent to them every day. I can't find anything in the Outbox. There are no rules...

Office 97 on Windows XP
Can anyone tell me if I will have problems if I load my Office 97 Excel onto my new windows xp computer that only came with the works program? Should be fine. I run Excel 95 through 2003 on windows XP. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Peggy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03c001c4a59f$920c76d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... | Can anyone tell me if I will have problems if I load my | Office 97 Excel onto my new windows xp computer that only | came with the works program? ...

Continually configuring Microsoft Office 2003
As soon as I click on any application, a window appears with Windows Installer starting to configure Microsoft Office 2003. I cancel it, over and over again. It keeps reappearing for at least 5 times after I cancel it. I cannot uninstall MS Office because it tells me I am missing a file. I can't reinstall it because it tells me I am missing a file. This is very annoying. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. -- SSG See and implement http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assis...

Keep activities when converting a lead into a contact
Hi, I was wondering if its possible when you convert a lead into a contact, the activities made by the lead are converted also. I want to see the complete history of activities of a contact including the activities made by "his" lead. Hopefully someone can help me. Greets, Mattijs ---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ---------------------------------------------- www.c360.com - their Activity Summary product will display the activities attached to an object&...

"Conflict Message" dialog without any items to keep
Office 2k3 environment (mostly) with exchange 2003. We're finding items in various public folders that are getting this little square icon (rotated 45 degree's) with a couple red arrows pointing inward. When we try to open this item a window pops up with the title 'conflict message'... it contains a from and a date and a subject, a little info on what is going on, basically stating that conflicting edits have been made to the same item... then two buttons... "keep this item" and "keep all" underneath that there is a white area with a header of 'l...

older updates for 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I download the latest update for Office 2004 and I couldn't install it because I have an older version of Mac Components (11.3.9 as I recall). Where on the Microsoft/Mac page can I find the older updates (of course this begs the question, why aren't the older bugfixes rolled into the latest one?) Thanks You should be able to just run Help> Check For Updates form any Office app & let it do its thing. If you prefer you can start here beginning with 11.5.0: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx?p...

updating office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am not very good understanding IT language, I will appreciate a simple reply please. I am unable to download updates of office 2008, it begins and then stop saying that the connection with server is not possible or unable to, can someone help me please, thanks On 4/7/09 8:50 AM, "Orlando_Menendez@officeformac.com" <Orlando_Menendez@officeformac.com> wrote: > I am not very good understanding IT language, I will appreciate a simple reply > please. I am unable to download updates of office 2008, i...

Office 2003-Excel
When I was using Office 2000-Excel, it was a very simple procedure to make a calculation of e.g.: - (L8+L9)-E9= Now when I want to make this simple calculation I select Sum, but when I try to click on the appropriate cell, say L8, instead of this being entered as before I get a Ping and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? How can I enter this simple calculation? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you! PS Microsoft had a good product in Office 200, they had to mess it up! Hi just enter =L8+L9-E9 no need for SUM in this case -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ann...

Keep rows on same page in Excel
Is there a way to tag rows in Excel so that they stay together (same page) when printing? I have sub heading rows in a spreadsheet that I would like to make sure stay with the subsequent rows when I print it, instead of leaving some one one page and the others on the next. If same sub-headings for each page, use File>Page Setup>Sheet>Rows to repeat at Top. Select the top 4 rows and OK. If sub-headings are different for separate sections(pages) then I would suggest setting manual Page Breaks. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:19:08 -0800, SWeyer <SWeyer@discussi...

hyperlink in out of office attendant
Is there a way to insert a hyperlink in out of office attendant? ...

Office 2003 and Publisher 2000
I have a standard edition of Office 2003 with Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint. I have recently been supplied with a Publisher 2000 cd which has been taken of someone else's system due to an upgrade. I have installed this, but am unable to open any files from Word, and am getting an error message at 50% about not having enough memory to open the file. Thinking that this maybe a compatibility issue, I have tried the Office update option which seems to have picked up Publisher 2000 as it is saying I need to install the Office 2000 Service Release. However I am reluctant to do t...

Setting Rules in Out of Office Assistant
I am seeking help in regard to a work around to Outlooks Out of Office Assistant only replying once to a sender especially if they regularly send emails. While it is a great feature, we have a user who is currently away from the office for a long period of time (6 months) on extended leave and are wanting to ensure that if he is sent emails the senders, outside of the office only, receive the Out of Office Assistance reply. A way of prompting them again that that particular person is on leave, just in case they forgot/forget. Any assistance/feedback would be greatly appreciated. Cr...

New Office reminds me of New Coke
Everyone hates it. The difference is that at least with Coke, there was Pepsi. Dear MS: Please admit that his was a failure and provide a patch that allows the world to toggle back to Classic Office. Stop being so arrogant. Did you really think we were going to pay billions to re-train everyone in a flippin' recession? Geez. Engineers.... It doesn't make you bad or dumb to admit you made a mistake. It means that you learned! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this su...