Shared Calendar Data Missing

We are running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007.  One of our users is sharing
her calendar and would like others to be able to post to it.

She has invited the others to her calendar as reviewers and they are able to
see her calendar.  When I change the permissions from reviewers to
contributors or custom the others can no longer get the data from her
calendar.  They only see a blank calendar.

In order to see the calendar information again I had to delete the users and
recreate the calendar share as a reviewer.  I also tried setting up the
others manually by going into the properties of the calendar and adding them.
 However, I can only get this to work if they are reviewers  Others groups of
users on our network are able to do this with no problems.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to why this is happening.  Thank you.

0
DQ (10)

You'll get much quicker response if you post to a group that deals with
Outlook... This one is for Mac Office which doesn't even include that email
client. Have a look here:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/17/07 1:49 PM, in article
B6B1C865-3079-4F7B-805A-80EB2A19CC7C@microsoft.com, "D.Q."
<DQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> We are running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007.  One of our users is sharing
> her calendar and would like others to be able to post to it.
>
> She has invited the others to her calendar as reviewers and they are able to
> see her calendar.  When I change the permissions from reviewers to
> contributors or custom the others can no longer get the data from her
> calendar.  They only see a blank calendar.
>
> In order to see the calendar information again I had to delete the users and
> recreate the calendar share as a reviewer.  I also tried setting up the
> others manually by going into the properties of the calendar and adding them.
>  However, I can only get this to work if they are reviewers  Others groups of
> users on our network are able to do this with no problems.
>
> I would appreciate any suggestions as to why this is happening.  Thank you.

Thanks so much for your suggestion.  Sorry, I got into the wrong discussion
group.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

> You'll get much quicker response if you post to a group that deals with
> Outlook... This one is for Mac Office which doesn't even include that email
> client. Have a look here:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx
>
> HTH |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>

> On 12/17/07 1:49 PM, in article
> B6B1C865-3079-4F7B-805A-80EB2A19CC7C@microsoft.com, "D.Q."
> <DQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > We are running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007.  One of our users is sharing
> > her calendar and would like others to be able to post to it.
> >
> > She has invited the others to her calendar as reviewers and they are able to
> > see her calendar.  When I change the permissions from reviewers to
> > contributors or custom the others can no longer get the data from her
> > calendar.  They only see a blank calendar.
> >
> > In order to see the calendar information again I had to delete the users and
> > recreate the calendar share as a reviewer.  I also tried setting up the
> > others manually by going into the properties of the calendar and adding them.
> >  However, I can only get this to work if they are reviewers  Others groups of
> > users on our network are able to do this with no problems.
> >
> > I would appreciate any suggestions as to why this is happening.  Thank you.

0
DQ (10)

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

account missing from drilldown, but is included in subtotal in FRX
Hi, We added an account to our balance sheet report in FRX, and it shows up in the subtotal of other assets, but when we drill down into the "other assets" category, it does not show up, even though it's being included in the subtotal. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be occuring and how I can resolve it? Thank you! ...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

Call missing from action menu
I installed windows live messenger to use windows live call, but when I go to the action menu, the only option for calling is "Call a contacts computer". I'm living in the UK, and I thought that Windows Live Call was available here. I can't find anything to say it isn't, but the whole system appears very poorly documented (or poorly googlable, at any rate). Why are the call options not showing up in my actions menu? Greetings Luke, Is your Windows Live profile actually set to the UK though? Messenger doesn't rely on your actual physical location but what you&...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

autocomplete or dropdown list entry missing
I'm running MS Money Plus Premium, version 17. I'm runing it on Vista Business x64, but I had the same issue on Vista x32. I have shares of an investment (it shows in my portfolio). When I add a new portfolio transaction, the investment name does not appear in the dropdown list for investments. It is not the most recent investment I've purchased, so I don't think this is a limit issue. But that does raise a related question, also. Investments that I don't own anymore, or say mutual fund class B shares that I have converted to class A, still show up in the list. Is t...

Calendar as a Public Folder
Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how to set it up. John: Please see the microsoft.public.exchange.setup thread titled "setting up shared/public calendar" dated Wednesday, August 18, 2004. Regards, Martin "John Barr" <jbarr@toobrands.com> wrote in message news:219701c48612$84d08d50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a > Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how > to set it up. Hi John, Assuming you have everything setup a...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...

Grid Search
Hi everyone. I've got a grid of data like this (headings are color): ----------0-19 20-30 30-50 50-69 00000-999 9.47 7.12 5.37 4.77 1000-2499 9.07 6.72 4.97 4.37 2500-4999 8.52 6.17 4.42 3.82 The green heading refers to an average sale amount ($). The Blue heading refers to a monthly sales figure ($) The data within the cells are a percentage of service fee applicabl (%) based on the average sale amount and the monthly sales figure. I would like some help getting excel to search the grid when given a average sale amount and a monthly sales f...

Sharing the Entourage calendar
Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there a way to automate it so that it saves and uploads to my website? On 7/6/04 11:03 pm, in article fc11fd4e.0406071403.192a07bf@posting.google.com, "Michel" <michel@neray.com> wrote: > Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my > assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web > function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there...

Lookup data in other workbook
hi. i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook sheet. How i can do this. Thanks! Yes it is. You either link directly =[Timesheet.xls]Summary!$A$2 or evne use VLOOKUP =VLOOKUP(A1,[Timesheet.xls]Data!$A$2:$C$5,2,FALSE) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pasmatos" <Pasmatos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83CA8162-CA09-46AB-9CE4-0BD2B3EBE44A@microsoft.com... > hi. > > i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook > sheet. > How i can do this. >...

expand.dat file missing? Safe mode Outlook, not working
I've done nothing out of the ordinary, save deleting, multiple files from Dreamweaver, and now Outlook won't launch. When I try to start, it suggests safe mode (otherwise it just shuts down). Safe mode doesn't work either, though, and a message pops up that expand.dat file may be missing, damaged or properties have changed. Should I uninstall/reinstall Outlook or is there a way to fix this? I use Outlook quite a bit. Thanks, any help is appreciated! Try deleting or renaming the extend.dat file -- Outlook will just create a new one, and deleting that file won't cause an...

Cannot accept Calendar meeting
I cannot accept calendar meetings with 2007. I receive the email with the celendar request, there is just no icons to accept/decline. Any ideas? I rin Office 2007 in Windowws XP ...

Data Validation #25
I would like to create a data validation that does not permit the user to enter a number in a cell if the value in another cell is greater than 0. How do I set that up? Thanks for your help. In validation, select Custom and in the formula window enter =A1=0 Regards, "SJT" <SJT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD9006E4-BD6C-402B-8D3D-783F7C9258AE@microsoft.com... > I would like to create a data validation that does not permit the user to enter a number in a cell if the value in another cell is greater than 0. How do I set that up? Thanks for your help. ...

Data Access Page 12-03-09
First, I have built an Access Page from a form. Both the form and the underlying query are updateable. I have set the recordset to Dynaset (inconsistent updates) in the underlying query. I have set the unique table on the DAP and it has a primary key and allow editions is set to yes. I only need data entry in one field. the DAP will not allow data entry. What can I do to solve? ...

RemoteApp is the solution to share .pst files
RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst files over in local network or the internet! At last, no need for Exchange. ss. Alas, still not supported for .psts on a network share. Use at your own = risk. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message = news:%23sexHtIuIHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst fi...

shared workbook
I have a shared workbook. Once in a while, I cannot uncheck the allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This option in the shared workbook under the tools menu is grayed out. Other times this option is available. Can someone please tell me why this option becomes unavailable. ...

Missing ~ key when using recovery console
Hi I need to carry out a system restore from the recovery console. Most of the keys function as expected with the exception of the @ and " keys which are reversed - not a problem. However I need to use the ~ key and I cant find it. Any ideas please Regards Grandad "Grandad" <mick@sherwooditsolutions.co.uk> said this in news item news:#QuBGh8rKHA.5356@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I need to carry out a system restore from the recovery console. Most of > the keys function as expected with the exception of the @ and " keys ...

cleaning data
Hi how can i clean old data? When this year is ending I wil backup this year and erease all data from this year. The backup is then only all the data of the year 2006. I am working whit 2006 Thanks Johnie See my reply in microsoft.public.uk.money -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Johnie" <johniewas36@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:453e042b$0$22657$c887b34@newsreader14.eweka.nl... > Hi >...

lock field after data input
Hi, I designed a database where I do a majority of the data entry, but other people occassionally enter data as well. I've noticed that people sometimes open a form to enter new data, and they start typing on the first record in the form instead of opening a new record. Is there a way I can lock a field in a form after the data has been entered (i.e. not lock the entire field, but make it impossible to change the field after data has been entered in it once)? Hopefully this makes sense ... set the form to open in blank format go into design view open the form properties and select yes fo...