Set default application to open some kind of file

Hi group,

    How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?:

Thanks,
Rodolfo Fontes

Get Info (Command-I) on a .doc file.  Set the default to open with Microsoft
Word.  Now all .doc files should open into Word when double-clicked.

-Mark

"Rodolfo Fontes" <rodolfofontes@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
> Hi group,
>
>    How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?:
>
> Thanks,
> Rodolfo Fontes

0
mmmmark

setting up new outlook mail account

Javascript Error opening threads
In Windows XP General Discussions, when I click on a thread to expand it, it says 'loading' but there is a 'javascript 0' error message on the left side of the status bar. When I attempt to refresh the page, it says 'service temporarily unavailable.' Anyone else have this issue? What's the fix? The issue is that the newsserver for the web-interface is horked /again/. The fix is to access this and other MS newsgroups in your newsreader (e.g., Outlook Express). Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups http://www.michaelstevenstec...

OWA Set Rule problem

Latest version of Excel that will read Excel 5 files
Will Excel 2002 read Excel 5 files? What about Excel 2003? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi will do. My Excel 2003 reads and saves Excel 95 files as well Frank > Will Excel 2002 read Excel 5 files? What about Excel 2003? Just to be sure there's no misunderstanding, I meant Excel 5.0, the version that preceded Office 95. Excel 5.0, when packaged with Office, was part of Office 4.3. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Yes -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dderolph >" <<dderolph.10lrct@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in mes...

How to keep the application even when show desktop is selected
Hi, I am developing an application which is a sort of reminder of your daily tasks. I want this application to remain on the top right corner of desktop even when "show desktop" is selected. However it gets minimised.........Any helps appreciated. Perhaps you want to consider "Active Channel Technology" and making your display part of the "Active Desktop"? In article <D580FA88-9C89-4D3F-AB9A-8374A9DE266B@microsoft.com>, Katiyar@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hi, > I am developing an application which is a sort of reminder of your dail...

Can't Restore a Password Protected File
I have never used a Passport but the Money File is password protected. I've never been able to restore a backup because it wants to use my Passport but the Passport is NOT associated with the Money File (so when I do try to use the Passport, it tells me it isn't associated...duh). I've been using Money 2003 and have now upgraded to 2005 but can't get to any of my info from the backup. I have lots of backups but can't restore ANY of them in 2003 or 2005. Help please... In microsoft.public.money, Andy wrote: > have never used a Passport but the Money File is pa...

How can I open outlook in a different inbox, i.e.hotmail ?
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 i Windows XP and opens in its own inbox. Is it possible to set it to open in the Hotmail inbox where my mail is found? ...

Changing Default Recipient Policy
Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in changing the Default Recipient Policy? What exactly are trying to accomplish? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CF17444-BCBE-414F-9950-FB5B3EF78FF0@microsoft.com... > Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in > changing the Default Recipient Policy? > Our default policy is @companyname.local and will not send NDR's externally. http://suppo...

How to set backcolour

Interactive Guide getting "Not a valid Win32 application" error
I downloaded the Interactive Access 2003 to 2007 command reference guide and when I try to run it, I get a "Not a valid Win32 application" error. I've downloaded other interactive guides and had no problem. Help! ...

File format specification
Can anybody please recommend a document giving the detail of the ASCII file specification relating to the importation of data into EXCEL from an external application Thank you very much I'm not sure I understand your question. Wouldn't the specification be dependent upon the layout of the text file. And text files could have lots of different formats. Nick wrote: > > Can anybody please recommend a document giving the detail of the ASCII file > specification relating to the importation of data into EXCEL from an > external application > > Thank you very much ...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

looking for a way to find a Missing file Microsoft Office 2000 D.
Cant find the data1.msi file Have a read at this google search result. http://snipurl.com/e6nr If no help, google for data1.msi There are other threads dealing with this. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 00:21:03 -0700, "tjsebree" <tjsebree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Cant find the data1.msi file ...

Moving files in MDBDATA Folder
I have an Exchange 2003 installation on a Windows 2003 server and the C: drive is getting very low on disk space. I checked this morning and it had 8 MB free. I was able to free up about 750 MB but I notcied that the MDBDATA folder on the C: drive is like 4GB and is loaded with .txt files with names such as E0000E9B, E0000E9C, E0000E9D, etc. Is there a way to move this to another drive or how can we get rid of some of them? Thanks for your help in advance. Charlie These are probably log files and not text/txt files. If you also see EDB and STM files in there, these belong to the ...

Can I use Access 2007 for Professional Application Development?
I am a .NET developer and a group of friends came to me with thisquestion: They want to develop commercial applications targeted for 50or less users using SQL Server as the back end. They want to know ifaccess could be used for this environment because it appears that itis easier to develop using it than using Visual Studio. I know that access 2007 can be use SQL Server but I don't know if youcan develop forms that use stored procedures instead of SQL Statements(for performance) and if the code can be properly protected. Also Iwould like to know if there is any way to implement a custom l...

Attach file but send dir image
I attach a file to my email. I send the email and also three other messages with attached images of my directory lists. How do I stop sending these images? Why are they being sent? Outlook 2000 I am running Norton AntiVirus to filter both the incoming and the outgoing mail. The problem occurs in the filtering of the outgoing mail. NAV support suggests that the problem is a corrupted Symantec Redirector and directed me to their document# 200205160084213 - How to update the Symantec Redirector files. >-----Original Message----- >I attach a file to my email. >I send the email and al...

Reading Pane Settings

how to convert dat files?
I don't know how to convert .dat files into excel. Is it as simple as downloading an upgrade? How do I find out what file conversions are supported by excel? Hi you may explain from which program these dat files orginate -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "HungerArtist" <HungerArtist@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C61EF460-CE8E-46D6-A793-BB9F0B6EF8BC@microsoft.com... > I don't know how to convert .dat files into excel. Is it as simple as > downloading an upgrade? > > How do I find out what file conversions are supported by...

Is it possible to format a PSObject with a .ps1xml file?
This might be a totally ridiculous question...but here goes anyway: I have a couple of filters in modules that write PSObjects to output using code like: $x = New-Object PSObject -Property @{ one = "one" two = "two" } Write-Output $x There's just way more properties. How does one specify 'default' formatting styles for a System.Management.Automation.PSCustomObject like you can with other types using .ps1xml files? That may not even be the right question to ask. What I'd like would be a way to define the default formatting for ...

cannot delete or rename file on desktop
i have a file on my desktop named con.stock030801.xls. i cannot rename or delete this file. the message that pops up says that the file should be renamed but it wont let me. any suggestions? The problem is that "con." (con - dot - anything) is a Windows reserved name ("con" is short for "console" (the screen) and is used with command prompt commands). I don't know how it was created but generally it's not possible. For instance I cannot rename a file to your file's name, nor save a new one with that name in Excel. So this is not an Excel probl...

Opening Attachments #19
Hi, I have a customer that is using Office 2003 Pro. Everything has been working OK until yesterday. When he tries to open an Excel attachment he gets the error: Can't create file: *filename*. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. If I try and save the file to an alternate place I get the same error? If I open Outlook in safe mode (hold down ctrl and launch the app) it works fine?? Can anyone shed any light on this please? Regards, Stuart Errington. Stuart Errington <stu...