Searching for Newsgroups

I subscribe to a Usenet service for accessing various news groups.

After I download all the newsgroups from that server I can not find a way to
search for the newsgroups I have interest in.

When I put something like "RV" in the search box on the top right corner, it
searches all of my Emails rather than just the list of groups that had "RV"
in the title.

Help tells me that there is a " Display newsgroups containing" box but for
the life of me I can't find it.

Any thoughts out there?
I am running Entourage 12.2.3

Dunc

0
Dunc

Click the bar in the Folder List that contains the name of the *News Server*
itself, not one of the newsgroup account names. The 'Display newsgroups
containing box...' will be at the right end of the title bar of the reading
pane where the list of accounts on that server appears. IOW, it's where the
Filter box would be if you were looking at a list of email messages or if
you select a newsgroup account rather than a server.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/6/10 8:27 PM, in article C7B85D12.2054C%DuncFowler@Gmail.Com, "Dunc
Fowler" <DuncFowler@Gmail.Com> wrote:

> I subscribe to a Usenet service for accessing various news groups.
>
> After I download all the newsgroups from that server I can not find a way to
> search for the newsgroups I have interest in.
>
> When I put something like "RV" in the search box on the top right corner, it
> searches all of my Emails rather than just the list of groups that had "RV"
> in the title.
>
> Help tells me that there is a " Display newsgroups containing" box but for
> the life of me I can't find it.
>
> Any thoughts out there?
> I am running Entourage 12.2.3
>
> Dunc

0
CyberTaz
3/7/2010 4:31:15 AM
Nope, not there.
Perhaps I did something that hid it.
Is there a way to re-set the display to a default?

On 3/6/10 10:31 PM, in article C7B89643.58A58%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net,
"CyberTaz" <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:

> Click the bar in the Folder List that contains the name of the *News Server*
> itself, not one of the newsgroup account names. The 'Display newsgroups
> containing box...' will be at the right end of the title bar of the reading
> pane where the list of accounts on that server appears. IOW, it's where the
> Filter box would be if you were looking at a list of email messages or if
> you select a newsgroup account rather than a server.
>
> HTH |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>

> On 3/6/10 8:27 PM, in article C7B85D12.2054C%DuncFowler@Gmail.Com, "Dunc
> Fowler" <DuncFowler@Gmail.Com> wrote:
>
>> I subscribe to a Usenet service for accessing various news groups.
>>
>> After I download all the newsgroups from that server I can not find a way to
>> search for the newsgroups I have interest in.
>>
>> When I put something like "RV" in the search box on the top right corner, it
>> searches all of my Emails rather than just the list of groups that had "RV"
>> in the title.
>>
>> Help tells me that there is a " Display newsgroups containing" box but for
>> the life of me I can't find it.
>>
>> Any thoughts out there?
>> I am running Entourage 12.2.3
>>
>> Dunc

0
Dunc
3/7/2010 5:03:59 PM
The most likely culprit is in the View menu... Select 'Show Quick Filter' to
turn it back on. You may have turned it off somewhere along the line � AFAIK
its default setting is to be shown.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/7/10 12:03 PM, in article C7B9389F.2059B%DuncFowler@Gmail.Com, "Dunc
Fowler" <DuncFowler@Gmail.Com> wrote:

> Nope, not there.
> Perhaps I did something that hid it.
> Is there a way to re-set the display to a default?
>

> On 3/6/10 10:31 PM, in article C7B89643.58A58%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net,
> "CyberTaz" <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:
>
>> Click the bar in the Folder List that contains the name of the *News Server*
>> itself, not one of the newsgroup account names. The 'Display newsgroups
>> containing box...' will be at the right end of the title bar of the reading
>> pane where the list of accounts on that server appears. IOW, it's where the
>> Filter box would be if you were looking at a list of email messages or if
>> you select a newsgroup account rather than a server.
>>
>> HTH |:>)
>> Bob Jones
>> [MVP] Office:Mac
>>

>> On 3/6/10 8:27 PM, in article C7B85D12.2054C%DuncFowler@Gmail.Com, "Dunc
>> Fowler" <DuncFowler@Gmail.Com> wrote:
>>
>>> I subscribe to a Usenet service for accessing various news groups.
>>>
>>> After I download all the newsgroups from that server I can not find a way to
>>> search for the newsgroups I have interest in.
>>>
>>> When I put something like "RV" in the search box on the top right corner, it
>>> searches all of my Emails rather than just the list of groups that had "RV"
>>> in the title.
>>>
>>> Help tells me that there is a " Display newsgroups containing" box but for
>>> the life of me I can't find it.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts out there?
>>> I am running Entourage 12.2.3
>>>
>>> Dunc

0
CyberTaz
3/7/2010 5:27:15 PM
Thanks!
That was it :-D

On 3/7/10 11:27 AM, in article C7B94C23.58AAB%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net,
"CyberTaz" <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:

> The most likely culprit is in the View menu... Select 'Show Quick Filter' to
> turn it back on. You may have turned it off somewhere along the line � AFAIK
> its default setting is to be shown.
>
> HTH |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>

> On 3/7/10 12:03 PM, in article C7B9389F.2059B%DuncFowler@Gmail.Com, "Dunc
> Fowler" <DuncFowler@Gmail.Com> wrote:
>
>> Nope, not there.
>> Perhaps I did something that hid it.
>> Is there a way to re-set the display to a default?
>>

>> On 3/6/10 10:31 PM, in article C7B89643.58A58%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net,
>> "CyberTaz" <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Click the bar in the Folder List that contains the name of the *News Server*
>>> itself, not one of the newsgroup account names. The 'Display newsgroups
>>> containing box...' will be at the right end of the title bar of the reading
>>> pane where the list of accounts on that server appears. IOW, it's where the
>>> Filter box would be if you were looking at a list of email messages or if
>>> you select a newsgroup account rather than a server.
>>>
>>> HTH |:>)
>>> Bob Jones
>>> [MVP] Office:Mac

0
Dunc

Searching for Newsgroups

Search & replace in formulae

Search engine optimization

excel VBA

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...

Search, Search, Thanks
In the last couple of weeks I have been fighting with different ways o synching my laptop and my home pc. I have ended up with numerou duplicate entries, duplicate address books and duplicate contact lists ALL of my questions/problems I was able to resolve simply by searchin through the forums. Chances are if you have a problem you're not th first. There are some really good people on these forums that know alo more about Outlook than I do. Just my .02 Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dir...

Newsgroup about C#
Hello everybody !!! Please advise me good newsgroup about C#. Thank you "Alex Tumanoff" <froggy@ukr.net> wrote in message news:bun0ia$scj$1@news.ukr.net... > Hello everybody !!! > Please advise me good newsgroup about C#. > Thank you microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp Tom. ...

Including imap folders in outlook 2003 search folders
Dear all, Is it possible to include imap accounts/folders as providers for "virtual" search folders in outlook 2003? At the moment, I only see the option to check folders in my personal folders but not to include imap folders. The reason that I ask is that I would like to be able to get a complete view of follow up tasks across all my accounts (1 pop3, 2 imap and 1 hotmail). Only the pop3 account gets delivered into the personal folders and is included in the follow up a nd unread search folders. Thanks for your help in advanced. Raj ...

Display search results
Using OneNote 2010 Beta: file tabs are on the left; how can I make search result tabs appear on the right? Now they don't appear at all: the first search result is displayed in the middle of the screen (that's fine) but no way to move to the next search result, nor any way to scrool them all the search results. I'd like to see all the search result tabs listed on the right so I can choose the one I want (as was the case with the version of OneNote that got replaced by 2010 beta). Many thanks for any help. -- CH I can't really visualize what you want, but h...

Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? For example, a cell may have a formula such as =3+5 You can search and find the 3 or the 5. The cell with show 8, is it possible to search for an 8 and have it find this cell? TIA Yes. In the Search dialog, choose Options and select Look in Values. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "berj" <berj@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:WbednSOFT7Cbp57fRVn-1Q@adelphia.com... > Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? > > For example, a cell may have a formula such as > > =3+5 >...

Search Form Problems
I have a form that has two fields in it. The first field is for a ID number, and the other is for the projects name. I am having a problem with using the form for as a search tool. Some of the values are duplicates in the drop down, I wanted to know how to properly filter the combo box so that the values can only be seen once. The Row Source is the name of the table that the fields are from, however this only words for the ID combo box and not the project name one. For some reason the values are from the ID column in the project name's combo box as well. To counter this problem, I si...

How can I search for a phrase within thousands of documents 2003 search I searched for "Trust" in document name and "special needs" within document -- Irritated 2007 Word User You could do that by modifying the code in the article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm probably in combination with the code in the article "Insert into a document the names of all files in a selected folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/InsertFileNames.htm ...

search
Why is it when I search (for a posting I listed) I never get any hits. I know I posted a message. I even search for a message on the screen and get nothing. mvestel@lbl.gov Sorry, that's not enough info. It should work if the parameters are configured correctly. Can you be more specific about how it fails? "Michael Vestel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45bb01c39f70$922026c0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Why is it when I search (for a posting I listed) I never > get any hits. I know I posted a message. I even search > for a message on ...

Search for record which needs two search terms
I have a table where the records are uniquely identified by a combination of two fields ChildAOLTermID and PhotoID. I want to use a combo on a form to look up records in the table. In the AfterUpdate event: DoCmd.SearchForRecord , , acFirst, "[ChildAOLTermID] = " & Me.cboFindRecord.Column(0) works but doesn't get me to the precise record I need because the PhotoID side of the record is not being specified. However, if I add that so that the search looks like: DoCmd.SearchForRecord , , acFirst, "[ChildAOLTermID] = " & Me.cboFindRecord.Column(0) And "[Phot...

Can anyone tell me how to search across all worksheets in a workbook? I have a viewing diary with a sheet for every day of the month and it would really help if we could search the whole workbook for a name. Many thanks Michele Hi Michele Slect all sheets first. It's done this way: Click sheet tab of the first sheet. Hold Shift button and click the the last sheet tab. Now search. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please. "Michele" <mjh1606@aol.com> wrote in message news:011301c35926$07b30d30$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell m...

Good Morning: I am in the middle of an email audit and I am trying to do searches that meet certain guidelines. An example of a search would be: The searches are like this Frequent within 10 words of Trad* Excessive with in 10 words of Employee Any help would be great. Cheers Darren ...

How can I create a multiple field search box? (corrected post)
Hi, I need assistance in creating a multiple field search box, i have a screen shot but i couldn't find a way to include it in this message. I have been battling with this problem for weeks. the search box was created in foxpro, i'm trying to create a similar search box in ms access 2003. it searches only one table so each table has a search box for it. Here is a description for the search box for the community table which is one of the tables in the database. It has a drop down list that selects all the fields in the table such as area code for the community, community code, and com...

search
Search does not work properly in ON 2010. It does not pick up all matching cases of what is being searched on a page. After one selects the whole page, then ON picks it up. And still ON search does not select parts of words. For example it does not pick up "ord" while you have "words" as a word. I don't know what ius going on with search in ON 2010. It should be really improved. Yet, there is no replace feature, which is really a big drawback. ...

Search in Excel
If I search in columns which cover over one screen window, after first Find in column A, do other operations, then Find column A again, Find will start from two different locations 1. Find from beginning of column 2. Find from beginning of current windows of column Obviouly, 2 is better than 1. You can start Find from location near your last Find It seems that Find isn't stead in these two state, is it Shall I control the state of Find Thanks. Victor, I don't know what other operations you do, but as far as I know :whenever you restart Find after doing some operations, it starts f...

Searching User defined Fields in Outlook 2003
Is there a way to enable the Find feature to search user defined fields? If the answer is no, is there any way to enable more than 2 open text fields on a form? The subject for mail items seems to be the only field that's open text and searchable. I've hijacked this field for other applications, but I need more than 1 for the application I'm trying to build now. Someone must of built some systems that use more than 1 field for quick searches (the find method). Thanks, Fred No, but you can use Advanced Find instead of Find and specify which = field you want to search. .=20 ...

in sheet search query to search sheet for a given cell.
I am setting up a spreadsheet to be used as a floor plan for a call center. the floor plan has over 500 stations and I am trying to create a query witin the spreadsheet that will allow a user to enter a station number and it will display the location on the floor plan. I do not want the user to be able to use the find function on the tool bars...I just want a cell that a location can be entered and then the location will be highlighted on the sheet. Any thoughts would be appreciated. You can use conditional formatting to highlight the station. For example, if the user types the statio...