Scanned imports not visible in Word document

Version: 2004
Processor: Power PC

Since upgrading to Leopard, newly imported Clipart remains hidden in Word documents, but can be viewed in Preview mode. There is the same problem with newly scanned documents and pictures scanned in from Epson Perfection 2480 PHOTO.

Can anyone help me to understand why this happens and/or help me to correct the problem?
0
Joe_Beet (1)

Well it depends on what you mean by "hidden" - a more explicit description
would be helpful here :-) My offhand guess would be that you need to make a
change in Word> Preferences - View to make sure you have the box checked for
Drawings [the wording may differ - I'm not at my Mac to verify, but the
location is right].

Other than that, make sure OS X & Office are fully updated - Office needs to
be at 11.5.3 to run properly in Leopard. Also, check to make sure you have
the most current drivers for your scanner & other devices.

Don't neglect running Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions, either.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
MVP Office:Mac

"Joe_Beet@officeformac.com" wrote:

> Version: 2004
> Processor: Power PC
>
> Since upgrading to Leopard, newly imported Clipart remains hidden in Word documents, but can be viewed in Preview mode. There is the same problem with newly scanned documents and pictures scanned in from Epson Perfection 2480 PHOTO.
>
> Can anyone help me to understand why this happens and/or help me to correct the problem?

0
CyberTaz (411)

Registered Events not firing and visible in users Inbox
We have several Exchange 2000 environments and we have written an Exchange onSave event handler that is registered against a users Inbox to process all incoming mail. However, in one of our environments, the registration results in the event being visible in the users Inbox via OWA. We use regevent.vbs from the SDK and it works fine in all other environments. When the event is visible in the Inbox, it does not fire. Upon examining this item via the Exchange Explorer, we notice that:- - It appears as hidden by appending "(hidden)" to the end of the item name in the list of items. - ...

Importing calendars from .ics files
I wanted to move my calendar from Mozilla Sunbird to Outlook 2007. The import options for Outlook didn't look too helpful so I first started by exporting my Sunbird calendar to an .ics file on my desktop. For grins I clicked on the file and it opened up in Outlook 2007 -- alongside its still empty native calendar. I shunted the empty calendar off the screen so now I have my original calendar neatly displayed in Outlook. I haven't found in the help areas just what this all implies. Am I done? Will the calendar now function like the native calendar? I do not need to ...

import CSV with a text field starting with 0
Hi, I'm trying to read a (java generated) CSV file into excel which has a field containing a text which often begins with character "0" (zero) or with character "+". Excel seems to understand these text values as numbers and strips the leading zeros and plus signs. If I add a '-sign as first character in the field to indicate that this should be understood as text, it remains visible. How to tell excel to treat this field as text? I appreciate any help Thanks If you use the Import wizard it will offer you the opportunity to determine what t...

Check this important pack
--pzjhsbtbubmrf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yzosxialgcaog"; type="multipart/alternative" --yzosxialgcaog Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="jqfzlzeiexnbeit" --jqfzlzeiexnbeit Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install...

Rotating scanned images
My scanned image is only 2 to 3 degrees lopsided. How can I rotate this small amount? Publisher won't let me rotate this small degree. You didn't state which version so I'll tell you how to do it with Pub 2003. Select the picture, right-click - Format Picture. Click the Size tab. Under Size and Rotation, adjust the rotation. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Dena Davis" <Dena Davis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C134656-88FB-4D91-8372-9B6F2BAF51B2@microsoft.com... > My scanned image is only 2 to 3 degrees lopsided. How ca...

URGENT! Is it possible to import pst calendar into Exchange 5.5
Hi, I have an exchange 5.5 mailbox that has a corrupted calendar. I have a backup of this calandar (before corruption) in the form of an Outlook 2000 pst file. My problem is, that Outlook import/export will only let me import the pst file as a personal folder which can't be shared with other Outlook/exchange users. How can I correct this problem? Thanks in advance for your help. you can import it into a personal file then move everything into the mailbox and remove the personal folder after. I have done this with messages not sure if it will work with a cal but worth a shot. &...

Scan over an item/Highlight when an item does not scan
I have issues with cashiers inadvertently scanning over items or missing an item that sounds like it scans but does not. Are there any fixes out there that would prevent an item from being scanned over and/or a sound or some type of highlight that would flag an unscanned item? Thanks, Carol There are Windows system sounds associated with those events that you can customize, but you have to put a speaker on your PC to take advantage of it. I just did this recently on someone's advice here (Haik, I think). I picked up a set of speakers for about $20. Marc "Lola & Penelop...

How do I enlarge the page in word so I can see what I am writing?
I don't know how this happened. I can't see what I am writing in word because the page is too small. It is 6X8 cm according to the ruler at the top of the page. It doesn't matter if I change the font size to 72 because I still can't see it unless I zoom it in preview. But I would like to see it as I work. Please help. very frustrated. WORD 2007 See if this helps:- View / Zoom group / set to 100% or click on Zoom button and change as required. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "maricart" wrote: > I don't know...

Linking Excel to a Word Document
I have created a rather extensive Excel program and I have also written a "Users' Manual" in Word to help people using the program. I have been working on trying to put a link in the Excel document to open up the Users' Manual when it is clicked. This works well, except the link must be re-created every time I put the program on a new computer. Is there any way to attached the word file to the Excel file in a way that this link will not break down when I put it on a new computer. One final note, the Word document is 50 some pages long so it is not possible to simpl...

Large import
We have a list of 191000 records in a CSV format that we want to import into excel...the problem is that it imports them straight down, reaches 65000 and does not import the rest of the records. Is there any way to force excel to import this into 10 columns, then go down? Thanks! "Tim" <tim70@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:02c201c37c75$7412c1b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > We have a list of 191000 records in a CSV format that we > want to import into excel...the problem is that it imports > them straight down, reaches 65000 and does not import the > rest of t...

Money2003 Import Problem
I have had a small problem with Money 2003 OEM version and the TD Canada Trust. Back in November TD made some changes to their banking software and the change to using .ofx files. Prior to that it is my understanding that they used .ofc files and when the standard was changed to .ofx TD followed the standard change. When I download the file and import it into Money 2003 it is out one day. For example I go to the store and use my debit card for say January 31 2006. When I go on line the bank shows it as January 31 2006. When i download the file (.ofx) from TD and import it into Money 2...

Import Lotus Notes into Outlook
What is the easiest and most cost effective way to convert Lotus Notes 5.0 messages and address book into Outlook 2003? I have 4 users to convert. What export options does Lotus support? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Marc Seidler asked: | What is the easiest and most cost effective way to convert Lotus | Notes 5.0 messages and address book into Outlook 2003? I have 4 | ...

Safety Scan
XP,Home Edition,SP3 Have tried on and off for a couple of mos to download the safety scan.. Tried both safe and normal mode and still get the error code > 0x08600807...Was recommended by MS Support Services..Would call them back > but they refer me elsewhere and I play ring around the the rosy or is it > posey??Thank you..Nick Back-up any personal data [1] (none of which should be considered 100% trustworthy at this point) then format the HDD & do a clean install of Windows. Please note that a Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will NOT fix this! HOW TO d...

Can a mysql dump file be imported into sql server 2005 db
A company hosted a db for us, on closing the account we asked for the data thinking we would get a .csv file but we got a mysql dump file (file.sql) when opened it shows all the code to recreate the tables and so on with the data embedded (I hope). Is there a way to import this data or build a new db into sql 2005 db Thanks Mark On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 07:40:01 -0700, Mark Caff <Mark Caff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >A company hosted a db for us, on closing the account we asked for the data >thinking we would get a .csv file but we got a mysql dump file (file...

Scanning
How do i set my hand held scanner Symbol LS2208 so that i do not have to press enter each time i scan something. i know there is a way to setup scan and prefix but how do i do this. any help would be great "solor" wrote: > How do i set my hand held scanner Symbol LS2208 so that i do not have to > press enter each time i scan something. i know there is a way to setup scan > and prefix but how do i do this. > > any help would be great "solor" wrote: > How do i set my hand held scanner Symbol LS2208 so that i do not have to > press enter...

Automatic formatting
How do you apply automatic formatting when importing a recordset? W are using OO4O connection to Oracle database -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Word Art printing problem
When I try to print a word art box. The first letter in the box prints black. I do not know if it is a problem with publisher or my printer. This happens randomly, except it happened all day today. Please give me some insight into this problem. On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 05:09:28 +0000, Brian Heltsley wrote (in article <7A6990AC-3241-4293-BE70-C267005677A7@microsoft.com>): > When I try to print a word art box. The first letter in the box prints > black. I do not know if it is a problem with publisher or my printer. This > happens randomly, except it happened all day today. Plea...

How to import data from PDF?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to import data from PDF? For example, http://www.rvd.gov.hk/en/doc/statistics/his_data_17.pdf Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Hi Eric Try, Able2Extract http://www.investintech.com/prod_a2e.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15F6326B-17C8-4DC5-ABFF-63345303492B@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to import data from PDF? > For example, http://www.rvd.gov.hk/en/doc/statistics/his_data...

Word 2007 changes Date Modified in Explorer
Each time I open a document with Word 2007, the date modified is changed in Windows explorer. This happens even when no changer are made to the document. Older versions of Word would change the date in Windows explorer, but then reset it when the document was closed, if no changes were made. How can I stop this That does not happen here. The document must be being saved for the date to change. I have a document here that I open nearly everyday for the purpose of copying and pasting information to reply to messages in these newsgroups and it is still showing the date of 2...

Mail Merge in Word using Outlook contacts
I am using Word 2003's Mail Merge Wizard. When I get to the point where it is asking where to get the data from, I mark the "Outlook contacts" field and then prompted to choose with contacts folder. I only have one, the main "contacts" field in Outlook so I choose that one (I have Outlook open, Working Offline and have the contacts folder open.). When I proceed to the next step where I get the table of information - the fields are fields that would be in my Inbox, not my Contacts folder. I am trying to get the Last Name, First Name, Address, Home Phone number...

Import Products to CRM
Is there a easier possibility to import products in to CRM then, directly accessing the SQL-Database? I just found import leads and contacts. brgds rainer You do not access the sql database directly. Your options are 1 - write your own code 2 - use the data migration framework 3 - purchase a tool like scribe are you planning to continually load products or is this a one off load? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Rainer Fuebi" <RainerFuebi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CFE1B92-4E72-4C0A-80CE-FA10250A7151@microsoft.com....

can i import my address book from my sbcyahoo to outlook?
i would like to import my email addresses from my address book in yahoo to outlook can this be done? What format does Yahoo! support for export? Have you consulted their help files for assistance? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, help asked: | i would like to import my email addresses from my address book in | yahoo to outlook can this be done? help <help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i would ...

How do I save a Publisher document as my desktop picture?
I have created a simple Publisher document that is a reminder to "Log Out" when finished using computer as there are multiple users on our computer. How do I save this document so it shows as my desktop background picture? Thank you, Randy. Randy95 wrote: > I have created a simple Publisher document that is a > reminder to "Log Out" when finished using computer as > there are multiple users on our computer. How do I save > this document so it shows as my desktop background > picture? Thank you, Randy. =========================================== If you...

importing a scanned image
I am creating a mailing list in Excel by typing in the data. To save time, is it possible to scan my hard-copy and import the data into Excel? The hard copies come in various formats. Yes it is possible if you have a good OCR reader that can transfer the scanned image to text Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Julie" wrote: > I am creating a mailing list in Excel by typing in the data. To save time, is > it possible to scan my hard-copy and import the data into Excel? The hard > copies come in various formats. ...

Differences with Word and outlook as HTMl editor
We've got an issue with signature files. The signatures have an embedded image in them. The signatures have been made in word and they display fine so long as "use word 2003 as HTML editor" is checked under tools > options > mail format. If that is unchecked the signature show's everything in double line spacing. On some machines, a grey box, probably indicating the ActiveX control, shows up. If I edit the HTML file in notepad there is the usual masses amounts of XML and stylesheet information that word adds to the HTML code. Any ideas how we can stop the doubl...