Running Office 2001 on Mac OS 10.2, help

This might be a dumb question, but I don't want to screw things up. I
was running Mac OS 9.0.4 and I downloaded OS 9.1, 9.1.2, 9.2.2 and
then the new 10.2. However, all my software is still in the 9.1
classic.  I want to use it all in the new OS 10.2.  Will Office 2001
Academic Edition work in OS 10.2? Do I need to uninstall it in OS 9.1
first, then install it is OS 10.2?  Or, can I just drag and drop it on
the 10.2 desktop or in the applications folder?

I have a lot of other expensive softwares in OS 9.1 that I don't want
to have to upgrade, but need to be able to use in OS 10.2.  Will they
work in the new operating system too?  They are mostly Adobe stuff
like Photoshop 6.0, Quark 4.1, Illustrator 9.0, Freehand 9.0, and
Pagemaker 6.5 plus.

Also, what's the most effective/best method to unistall cleanly, if I
have to. Thank you so much for your help.
Stacey

On 10/18/03 9:01 PM, in article
1dcb0c1d.0310182001.60a7f8eb@posting.google.com, "Stacey"
<staceys2nd@aol.com> wrote:

> This might be a dumb question, but I don't want to screw things up. I
> was running Mac OS 9.0.4 and I downloaded OS 9.1, 9.1.2, 9.2.2 and
> then the new 10.2. However, all my software is still in the 9.1
> classic.  I want to use it all in the new OS 10.2.  Will Office 2001
> Academic Edition work in OS 10.2? Do I need to uninstall it in OS 9.1
> first, then install it is OS 10.2?  Or, can I just drag and drop it on
> the 10.2 desktop or in the applications folder?
>
> I have a lot of other expensive softwares in OS 9.1 that I don't want
> to have to upgrade, but need to be able to use in OS 10.2.  Will they
> work in the new operating system too?  They are mostly Adobe stuff
> like Photoshop 6.0, Quark 4.1, Illustrator 9.0, Freehand 9.0, and
> Pagemaker 6.5 plus.

None of these apps get installed "in" an operating system. They get
installed on a computer. If you're still on the same computer - and it
definitely sounds as if you are - you don't have to install anything.
They're already there. You just start them up, and "Classic" opens to
accommodate them. With so many classic apps, you'll probably want to keep
Classic open all the time and have it open at startup. You can make those
settings in System Preferences (in the Dock) - Classic. If you want to - you
don't have to.

Entourage is a special case in OS 10.2. The Microsoft User Data folder,
which was in the root Documents folder on your hard disk for OS 9, needs to
be in you "user" Documents folder for OS 10.. That's

Hard Disk/Users/[username]/Documents

So move it there and delete it from the root Documents folder on your HD. If
you might sometimes be booting into OS 9, you can make an alias of the
Microsoft User Data folder (option-command-drag from new location to old)
back in the root Documents folder after you delete the real folder from
there. Now you'll be able to reach your identity for mail, contacts,
calendar, etc. from either location.

> Also, what's the most effective/best method to unistall cleanly, if I
> have to. Thank you so much for your help.

You don't need to, now but if you should ever have to, get the "Remove
Office 98 and 2001 Tools" application from the MacTopia website

<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx#Office2001>

--
Paul Berkowitz
MVP Entourage

Please "Reply To Newsgroup" to reply to this message. Emails will be
ignored.

PLEASE always state which version of Entourage you are using - 2001 or X.
It's often impossible to answer your questions otherwise.

On 10/18/03 21:01, in article
<staceys2nd@aol.com> wrote:

> This might be a dumb question, but I don't want to screw things up. I
> was running Mac OS 9.0.4 and I downloaded OS 9.1, 9.1.2, 9.2.2 and
> then the new 10.2. However, all my software is still in the 9.1
> classic.  I want to use it all in the new OS 10.2.  Will Office 2001
> Academic Edition work in OS 10.2? Do I need to uninstall it in OS 9.1
> first, then install it is OS 10.2?  Or, can I just drag and drop it on
> the 10.2 desktop or in the applications folder?
>
> I have a lot of other expensive softwares in OS 9.1 that I don't want
> to have to upgrade, but need to be able to use in OS 10.2.  Will they
> work in the new operating system too?  They are mostly Adobe stuff
> like Photoshop 6.0, Quark 4.1, Illustrator 9.0, Freehand 9.0, and
> Pagemaker 6.5 plus.
>
> Also, what's the most effective/best method to unistall cleanly, if I
> have to. Thank you so much for your help.
> Stacey

Stacey,

You need Office V.x if you want it to natively run under OS X. If you
install Office 2001, OS X will call OS 9 to run it. So, in answer to your
question, it will run under 10.2.x but will run in an OS 9 window. You
should be able to run most of your software in OS X just fine. If you need
to uninstall, check each program first for an uninstall application.
Virtually all OS X apps can be uninstalled just by throwing it's package
away and then emptying the trash. The drag-uninstall may not be perfect
either since some files might be left behind. Best to read the documentation
carefully for each app. Good luck...

Wayne

LT Wayne J. Kulick
Space Systems Engineering
Naval Postgraduate School

0
wjkulick (5)
10/20/2003 12:42:16 AM
In article <BBB87D78.169F%wjkulick@nps.navy.mil>,
 LT Wayne Kulick <wjkulick@nps.navy.mil> wrote:

> Virtually all OS X apps can be uninstalled just by throwing it's package
> away and then emptying the trash. The drag-uninstall may not be perfect
> either since some files might be left behind. Best to read the documentation
> carefully for each app.

Office apps are good examples of apps that should not be uninstalled
by dragging them to the Trash. Hidden or other files that aren't
removed that way can be detrimental when the apps are reinstalled.

For Office 98/2001, use the Remove Office apps found at

    Mactopia downloads:
    http://www.microsoft.com/mac/download/default.asp

For Office v.X, use the Remove Office application found in the Value
Pack folder on the install CD.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

help, derag won't work and the outlook folder shows 36000 fragmnets
defragmented and the program works fine but when it finishes it looks the same on the as the original analysis. Then I look at the report and it list a lot of files that can't be drfragmented. The only thing I can think of is that this pc was once on MSexchange (the reason I mention it is that the outlook pst which is 1.8 gigs, shows 36000 fragments and it is located in the c/exchange folder) Anyway, what do I do??? how can I get the drive to defrag? Hello Bob When you open IE\Properties\Programs what do you see in there under E-Mail box. Use the dropdown arrow and take a peek on ...

Bank of America credit cards #2
Hi. I am trying the downloaded version of Money. I set up my B of A (Ca) checking, cds and credit cards. The checking and CDs update juas fine, but I have to go to BofA's web site and download the credit card. And then it only downloads the last statement balance. Is this normal? TIA ...

Need only one DLL instance to run...

SOAP Server Application Faulted 08-10-04

run time error 10-22-03

Automatically run macro

IIC
HI., This is saravanan .,I have to send 16 bit address to CAMERA(ov3640) With the help of IIC... There is no 16bit address format In IIC... I Read only 7/10 bit addressing format(IIC) ...I have to develop the program in Visual studio for that 16 bit address to camera & I have to read the camera contents (Through 16 bit address format)...Can u help me ...How to send a 16 Bit address format to camera through IIC... For ex: In OV3640 The product id is:300A., The (16Bit) address I have to send through IIC to camera(for read operation),In IIC registers only 8 bit reg...

Excel Continuous Running Total

FRx report #2
Hi, I have an Income Statement in FRx which is restricted in the row format to pull a specific department and also uses account filters with the same restriction in the column format. I now have to modify that report to include a new department that just got created. In the column format, I included a separate column in the Month-to-date and YTD sections with the account filters restricted to that department. The problem with the report is that it doesn't tie with the GL trial balance. I'm not sure what the problem is but I'm guessing is with the row format. I would appreciate any...

10% Coupon setup
Is there a way to take 10% off from the total transaction by simply scanning a barcode that acts as a 10% coupon. Alternately can we create a macro that can be assigned to custom buttons that automatically deduct 10% from the total transaction? I know that we can do this by pressing SHIFT+F3 and then manually enter the % amount. Thx for any help. MOI, Click on the link http://tinyurl.com/9g7tc Must have access to CustomerSource -- = "MOI" <MOI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD169C57-78A5-4D5D-BCA6-A2ABD9B0F77E@microsoft.com... > Is there a way...

mail merge wiht Office xp
I liked the old mail merge in office 2000. Can i configure office Xp mail merge to work like office 2000? ...

Combine 2 presentations w/o losing hyperlinks?
I have 2 large presentations, each has hyperlinks within the presentation. Each pres also hyperlinks to the other. How can I package the 2 files so the hyperlinks are intact? Using ppt2007. I know I've done this before using ppt 2000 or 2002 but I can't remember how. In article <42C095B5-FBAD-4065-BA8D-1075E2D422FC@microsoft.com>, Srpd wrote: > I have 2 large presentations, each has hyperlinks within the presentation. > Each pres also hyperlinks to the other. How can I package the 2 files so the > hyperlinks are intact? Using ppt2007. I know I've done th...

Money 2002 will not run

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

Excel Invoice #2
How do you transfer data, such as name, address, date, hours, charge per hour, and total charge, from an Excel spreadsheet to an Excel invoice without copying and pasting? Hi, Ann. Try something like this: http://www.officearticles.com/tutorials/order_form_or_invoice_form_in_microsoft_excel.htm Pay particular attention to the link in the 2nd bullet. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1951D37F-6385-41CC-A33A-A0A28AAA4875@microsoft.com... > How do you transfer data, such as name, address, date, hours...

MS Point of Sale 2.0
For opening and closing amounts, we keep a set amount of cash in the drawer. During business, cash and checks are accepted. At the end of day, we are doing a "drop" of the amount of cash AND checks added together (since POS does not have a position to do "check drop". We still balance overall but the z report indicates the overage/shortage of the check amount in the close section. Is this the correct way to close? Should there be position to enter the amount of checks that we are dropping? If we leave the amount of checks in the closing amounts window, will POS ...

ReUni........ #2
Sir will u give me idea about 2 seperate resource dll? how should i use these? will u explain please Hi, Create 2 resource DLL's. Have the same resource ID's for all the resources. Now based on the language call LoadLibrary() and then call AfxSetResourceHandle() to set which is the resource DLL. Probably you will be doing this in your InitInstance function. If you want to know how to create resource only DLL's see the MSDN topic for Creating a Resource-only DLL (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_Create_a_Resource ..2d.Only_DLL.asp) This link ...

Contact problem #2
I am running Outlook 2000. MOST times when I click on Contacts, Outlook freezes up. If it doesn't freeze, I click any of my contacts first before trying to search for one, otherwise it freezes up. Also, when running spell check after typing a message I get "Error occured while checking spelling". I am not currently using Word as my email editor but that is a "workaround" for the spell check issue. ...

CELL/NUMBER FORMAT #2
EXCEL. When entering a whole number into a cell EXCEl is dividing that number by 10 immediatly after entry. If I place a decimal point after the number this does not happen. If I enter a number less than 1 the number is entered normally. It appears that EXCEL needs a decimal point to enter the number correctly. I have used EXCEL for many years (current version from 2004) and this has never hapenned. Any Ideas out there guys? Sounds like Fixed Decimal is set. Go to Tools>Options>Edit, and if the Fixed Decimal box is checked, uncheck it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email ...

Out of Office applied per sender?
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to exclude a single sender from the Out of Office reply? I need to exclude a distribution list sender from my Out of Office reply. Please explain how to do this? Thanks Sharon In editing Rules, go to the Exceptions Page and choose the distribution list that you'd like to exclude from receiving the Out of Office reply. >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone tell me if it is possible to exclude a single sender from the Out >of Office reply? I need to exclude a distribution list sender from my Out of >Office reply. Please explain how ...

Albert Kallal or Marshall Barton Help please
Multi Select Example: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html From another post Marshall, you suggested the code above to solve my problem of an undbound check box in a continous form. This really looks like it will work for me. I have spent about 2 hours going over the code and trying to change it for my database, but I am missing something. Would either of you be willing to help? Please. Sue Not sure if this will help but here is the entire code for the form I am trying to use the code on. I am so sure I have missed something simple to those who know th...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...