Remote Desktop connection is not working on Macbook

Version: 2008

I'm having trouble with remote desktop on my Macbook version 10.5.6. I'm trying to remote to a Windows XP computer. I'm able to connect to the VPN but when I click connect on the Remote Desktop I get the following message.

"The client could not connect to remote computer.
Either remote connections are not enabled, the maximum number of
connections was exceeded, or a network error occurred.

Try connecting again later or contact your administrator."

I took my Mac to my job and was able to remote using a Sprint wireless card (this was the only time I used the Remote Desktop connection), but then when I got home I couldn't remote. I'm wondering if there are certain security settings that are not allowing me to remote from home or was the one time connection at my job an anomaly and there's more to this error I'm getting. Any help would be much appreciated.
0
mkoilor (1)

Hi,

This is probably not much of a help, but just some info on the RDC:

I use it 4-5 times per week, and with no problems at all. I modified nothing at installation. However, it seems as if the RDC sometimes causes the remote XP PC to crash, and I have to wait 3-5 minutes to contact the remote PC again. When I contact the remote PC using a PC running XP, it never crashes.

Frequent ExchSrvr restarts needed for remote users
Hello all – I have a mob of disenchanted users about to lynch me because of a problem that I cannot get to the bottom of. I recently migrated Exchange 5.5 to 2K3, consolidating three sites in the process. Now we have one Exchange Server at headquarters that hosts all mailboxes and public folders. The problem is with the users at the remote sites. Approximately every three business days, I have to restart the Exch Srvr, because over the space of a few hours, many users at the remotes sites are unable to connect to it. (“Trying to connect..” in the Outlook status bar). Only a resta...

Connecting multiple IF statements into one formula
I am trying to create a formula using multiple IF statements. Individually they all work but I don't know how to connect them in into one formula. Basically, 4 possible date ranges that would each produce a different text value. Any suggestions? =IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Jan"),I1<=DATEVALUE("31-Mar")),"Spring Assortment")*IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Apr"),I1<=DATEVALUE("30-Jun")),"Summer Assortment")*IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Jul"),I1<=DATEVALUE("30-Sep")),"Fall Assortment"...

Exchange backup isn't working
Exchange 2003 running on win 2003 standard. About a week ago a defrag was done on the database and the backups were working. Suddenly we started to recieve errors that backups were failing. The errors in Event viewer are NtBackup ID 8001 and 8019. The backup report log says the following: Backup Type: Normal Backup started on 8/31/2005 at 7:57 AM. The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Erro...

Compacting remotely?
Hello All I have an access97 backend mdb, which I would like to compact/repair automatically overnight. Is it possible to leave a separate mdb open that would open the backend mdb, compact it, then close it again? I'm sure this can be done because I think I've read something about it somewhere: but I can't remember how - or where! Hope someone can help. Thanks Leslie Isaacs well you could schedule it with windows. take a look at Albert Kallal's solution here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/BatchJobs/Index.html change the code to compact the database... -- M...

Positioning Dialog To Desktop
Using VC++, I have a dialog-based app. I want to put the window in the lower right corner of a desktop. It seems I can't override the positioin of the window set in the resource editor (where the window coordinates are set). How can I override this initial window position to put it in the corner? I've found how to get a pointer to the desktop, its width and height, but using that to position the window in OnPaint didn't work. Also SetPosition in the App InitInstance doesn't work. The coordinates to my dialog are sitting in a resource file, so how can I program to change t...

Lunch the application after login page and before desktop !!!
Hi, Is there any way to lunch the application after login page and before desktop? I know one way to add the entry in Runoncekey. I want this application to run every time the user log in. Couple of problem with Runoncekey.... 1. This key is meant to use just for one time application 2. User can use cntr+alt+del and cancel the application. I want this application to stay there till user hits "OK" and then show the desktop. There shouldn't be another way for him to skip this application. Can anybody help? Thanks Trupti Not possible. The only way you can do it is by cha...

Request Responses Not Working Properly
I am running Outlook 2003 sp2. When I send a meeting request out to a large group of people I uncheck the option to request responses. For the most part it works except, I continually get one response back out of the several hundred that I send. The only difference that I can see between this user and all others is that he is responding back to the meeting request from his pda, which is connecting via owa. If I respond directly from owa, it works fine. I tested using another pda and experienced the same problem. Any ideas? ...

Remote Active Sync
Hello, I just upgraded to Exchange 2003 Server and I have no idea how to setup Mobile Access. I would like to sync my pocket pc remotely. Does anyone know where I can get step by step instructions on how to do this? Thanks, Jose ...

Remoting
Can I launch with some api an application in a remote pc that is connected to the same lan? If the answer is positive, can I supply also parameters? Regards Mark Overall, the simple answer is "no". In fact, if you can do this, there is a security hole in your network large enough to drive a freight train through. Sideways. However, you can create secure techniques that can allow this; creating the security is a topic well beyond the scope we can discuss here, but what you have to do is create some kind of server process that launches the program with appropriate security cred...

Latest version of ExBPA does not work with SP1
Hello, After installing W2K3 SP1, our latest version of ExBPA gives the following errors: This link is for all server: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Analyzer/18814786-c925-4ea8-bcd5-2d57174f326f.mspx This link is only for specific servers: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Analyzer/fa727882-9fdd-4664-9d49-f0ef95193b49.mspx Are these articles the only thing that must be done to make this tool work properly? Why does W2K3 SP1 break this? Thanks, Exchange2003 On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:05:02 -0800, Exchange2003 <Exchange2003@discussions.microso...

Remote Office VPN Internet Access
Hi Have Remote Office (RO) PCs connected to Main Office (MO) (SBS 2003) via h/w router Site to Site VPN, on ADSL. Is it possible to route Internet traffic via the local router rather than using the SBS 2003 box for DNS. Objective is to reduce data traffic on the VPN. I am going to add 2nd ADSL line to split off and soley route the VoIP traffic usinng a static route. Or alternatively use a router with VPN trunking with QoS. However, if Internet traffic was kept 'local', the VPN would have more bandwidth for VoIP/files. -- Many Thanks Drew In article <6...

Outlook Express disconnects internet connection.
Any one help please. When I start OE it automatically disconnects my dial-up DSL connection! Tried all of the fixes in Knowledge Base but no luck yet.IE6 does not do this when I open that so whats up? Cheers. Steve B <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Any one help please. > When I start OE it automatically disconnects my dial-up > DSL connection! Tried all of the fixes in Knowledge Base > but no luck yet.IE6 does not do this when I open that so > whats up? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Assigning work to team 1 and team 2
Hi I need to allocate certain work to 2 teams, the only way I can think of doing this is by building a counter and then giving the even numbers to one team and the odd numbers to the other. Dim db As Database Dim rs As Recordset Set db = CurrentDb() Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tblTeamCounter", dbOpenDynaset) rs.Edit rs!RepNum = rs!RepNum + 1 rs.Update rs.Close: Set rs = Nothing The above code gives me the counter how do I code it to lookup the REPNum and if it is even number then Me.Team1 = True Else Me.Team2 = True Or is there a better way of doing this?...

OLEDB connection from Access to RMS
I am well-versed in the design and development of database applications, and want to connect to the RMS store operations database via MS Access. I need help configuring the OLEDB settings in Access to connect to the RMS store operations database. I would be very grateful if someone could tell me the settings that need to be selected to make the connection. -- FRB hi FRB, here are the settings: Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=sa;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=RMSSample;Data Source=RMSServer the Catalog is your database name and Data Source is Name of RMS Server. Ra...

remote connections
In SS2K , how to enable remote connections ? For example, from my machine, within SEM I'd like to create a "New SQL Server Registration" connection to that machine. This has always worked for me in the past, but today I've encountered an SS2K instance which gives me a "SQL Server does not exist or access denied. ConnectionOpen (Connect())" error. Does it matter if the target instance is configured as "Windows Authentication" vs "Mixed Mode" ? I'm attempting the "New SQL Server Registration" via Windows Authentication. I...

stLinkcriteria no longer working (since 2007 upgrade)
We have just upgraded to 2007 and are having a few minor problems. I've seen similar threads online but can't find the solution exactly for us. If I open a report then it shows the report with ALL the records. If I open it with a button with this code, it shows ALL the records: Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "rCertificate" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview However, the moment I add stLinkcriteria it fails. This used to work under the old Access but simply won't work now, i.e. NO records show up: Dim stDocName As String stDo...

changing contents of a sheet remotely
Hi, I have a list of jobs on sheet1 col A contains the job number, Sheet2 is an invoice, i enter job numbers into col A and Vlookups operate in the other cols. When i enter a number into sheet2 i would like the row which contains this job number to have the date entered into col M so i can easily check if a job has been charged out. What is the command for this, will it have to be run as a macro? If i then go on to enter numbers in a list down to cell A38 on sheet 2 is the best way to write code to look at all the numbers at once and adjust sheet1 accordingly? Or input the job numbers via a...

How to disable fade-in of desktop alerts
Hello! Is there a way to prevent Outlook 2003's Desktop Alerts from fading in? I think I like the feature, but I would like it better if the alerts did not fade in, but just appeared. -- Christian Ullrich ...

why defaultnamingcontext not working ?
## determine the LDAP search path ## $obj=[ADSI]"LDAP://ROOTDSE" $mysearch = $obj.defaultNamingContext get-qaduser -searchroot $mysearch ==> not working but get-qaduser -searchroot 'DC=etc,DC=microsoft,DC=com' ==> working Do i need to list it out openly ? $mysearch is a collection: PS > $mysearch.GetType() IsPublic IsSerial Name BaseType -------- -------- ---- -------- True False PropertyValueCollection System.Collections.CollectionBase All...

Auto Work Order Numbers
I have a question that I don't know the answer to. I would like to make up a generic Work Order form for an employee. Is there anyway that everytime you make up a new for the number of the invoice will automatically advance? Take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/sequentialnums.html In article <oO1ef.124028$Ph4.3807969@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>, "Paul" <paul.dns@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a question that I don't know the answer to. > I would like to make up a generic Work Order form for an employee. Is there > anyway that everytime...

Remote Web Workplace / Remote Destop Web
I'm trying to set up remote desktop access for several of my key users . I found / enabled "TSWeb", however as far as I can see - and this is where I need some help - this only allows all users to access a specific computer within the LAN. I did make this work but there's really no advantage to running the web interface if it just connects to 1 computer. I next located the Remote Web Workplace that comes as part of SBS 2003. (I look after several networks, one of which uses SBS2003). This is the functionality I'm looking for however I am unable to make...

How do I modify the default working days in excel
I need to set the weekend days to Thursday & Friday instead of Saturday & Sunday in Excel. How do I do that Not easy. Either write your own User-defined Function to do this or use WorkDays function setting every Thursday and Friday as a holiday. HTH Art -- HiArt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HiArt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19953 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401938 ...

desktop.ini everywhere
On my three Windows XP computers, I have a number of desktop.ini files. One of them is even on the desktop itself. I Googled getting rid of these files, but all I could find was information about hiding system files, which I don't want to do. At the moment, on just my netbook, there is a desktop.ini file in My Documents, one in My Music, one in Sample Music, one in Sample Playlists, one in Sync Playlists, one in My Pictures, and one in Sample Pictures. Are these files necessary? If not, how should I delete them? In some cases I want to delete the folder entirely. For exam...

XmlSerializer in COM exported C# does not work on every machine
Hi, I have written a component using C# (using .NET 2.0) that inside at some point does a Deserialize operation on a string that was passed to it using XmlSerializer. This works just fine on my computer, where I register it, and can call it from say a ASP page using VBScript and CreateObject. It also works on at least another computer. However, when I deploy the solution to our server (W2K3) or to a third computer (another developers machine), I get a mysterious InvalidOperationException which says it did not expect the XML element that the string begins with (root element). Sys...