reformatting outline view

I've read a number of the bits of advice about reformatting the
outliner, and I can't make it work to my satisfaction.

The stock outliner produces fonts that are way too big (for me), and
it fills up pages quickly and becomes ungainly. Yet my efforts to
adjust it never work. I either end up back at the beginning or with
some weird mix of numbers and fonts.

Two questions: Now that I've messed up the outliner (each level begins
with a number: I, II, III, instead of I, A, i) how can I restore it to
the default?

Once I stop digging, where can I turn for advice about matching styles
to levels, outline-numbering style, and so on?
(I frankly don't care much about the power-user/move-whole-chunks-of-
the-document-around part of the outliner: I just want a good-looking
outliner for organizing notes.)

0
CShea

Addressed in the Word group... Please don't post the same issue in multiple
groups.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/14/10 7:53 PM, in article
7e65a45d-d0b1-4181-97b8-0e4883a9375e@w42g2000yqm.googlegroups.com, "CShea"
<cshea2@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've read a number of the bits of advice about reformatting the
> outliner, and I can't make it work to my satisfaction.
>
> The stock outliner produces fonts that are way too big (for me), and
> it fills up pages quickly and becomes ungainly. Yet my efforts to
> adjust it never work. I either end up back at the beginning or with
> some weird mix of numbers and fonts.
>
> Two questions: Now that I've messed up the outliner (each level begins
> with a number: I, II, III, instead of I, A, i) how can I restore it to
> the default?
>
> Once I stop digging, where can I turn for advice about matching styles
> to levels, outline-numbering style, and so on?
> (I frankly don't care much about the power-user/move-whole-chunks-of-
> the-document-around part of the outliner: I just want a good-looking
> outliner for organizing notes.)

0
CyberTaz

Control+Z was Undo, now Shrink. How to return to enlarged view?
"Control+Z" used to be Undo, now became shortcut for Shrink. How to return to enlarged view of my email text body, pls? Thank you. Gary garyfan@hughes.net This doesn't sound like an Outlook issue...sounds like another program is hijacking the traditional Windows shortcut keys. See if you can figure out which one...likely one you installed around the time this started happening. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Gary Fan&qu...

Customize Activities Views
Is there any way of customizing the Activities view? Every other view seems to be customizable except activities. Thanks, Not in the current release of CRM ie 1.0 and 1.2. We are expecting to see the ability to customise Activity views in version 2.0. One way to get what you need is to create your own activity view in asp.net and using the CRM SDK. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29b8701c46681$04162130$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way of customizing the Activities view? > Every other view seems to be customizable except > activities. >...

Data Formatting/Reformatting
I extract financial data that is formatted Vertically. Looks like; Month1 Month2 Budget Actual Budget Actual Acct1 $123 $150 $125 $170 Acct2 $456 $123 $489 $400 I would like to format it Horizontally. It would look like; Month 1 Month2 Acct1 Budget $123 $125 Actual $150 $170 Acct2 Budget $456 $489 Actual $123 $400 (Assuming the above formatting will be lost attached is a documen showing these examples). I have tried to use the transpose function and pivot table and it jus isn't working for me. Is there an easy fix that anyone knows of. Thanks for any...

Outlining in Protected Sheet
I have a question about a previous code I saw for maintaining outlines in a protected worksheet. DP, if you read this, need your help - the code was one you posted for someone. Before the code, your wrotes: If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??) - What does this mean? The code is as follows: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub At the...

View all individual email templates
Does anyone know if it is possible to view all individual email templates -- view other user's individual email template??? Thanks! You cannot view another users personal email templates. There is no sharing on email templates either. But you can share mail merge templates however. ...

Reformatting
I received an Excel file with data I need to reformat and do not know how. 1. Is there a way I can write a formula to change data from 1/13/1996 to 1131996 [no slashes]? 2. I have telephone numbers 760-123-4567 I need changed to 7601234567 [no dashes] 3. One column has CA - California. All I need is CA How do I truncate this? I have approximately 400 records and would appreciate anybody's help. Thank you. hi 1. =MONTH(D3)&DAY(D3)&YEAR(D3) 2. =SUBSTITUTE(F3,"-","") 3. =LEFT(D5,2) adjust cell reference to suit your data; rega...

web page as default view?
Dear all, is there a possibility to make a web page the default view of a folder? What I am trying to achieve is to make parts of a share point site (for education) look and behave like a "regular" web site linking pages and items manually rather than / in addition to the default table/spreadsheet/column/etc. views. Since I am working in a large university environment programming / scripting is not an option. Thank you very much in advance Jakob I'm confused, SharePoint is a web site. What are you trying to achieve? -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we cou...

i can't view a 2007 ppt as i havn't installed it in my system.... can i view pp2007 using ppt2003
pls help me EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Prevent Multiple Logins in ASP.NET Applications http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b268d50e-3025-4282-bb01-52bf6b809a3a/prevent-multiple-logins-i.aspx Hi Install the compatibility pack from MS. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=941B3470-3AE9-4AEE-8F43-C6BB74CD1466&displaylang=en Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au <anu alex> wrote in message news:20091117202322anuvava7@gmail.com... > pls help me > > ...

Question about list view and bitmaps
I need to display a bunch of small bitmaps (they are bitmap in resource with IDC_...) in a list view control for the user to select one. What would be the proper approach? (ListBox or ListCtrl, how to load a lot of images, that kind of things...) Thank you in advance for any suggestion! Look for examples at codeguru/codeproject. You can do it in both depending upon what you want to do. A listbox can be owner draw with whatever you want to put in it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <jkclub2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1147716798.769480.3130@u72g2000cwu.googleg...

where do I view my questions and the answers???
I made it this far in trying to figure out some things in outlook, but I have no idea how or where to vew this discussion group??? thanks maltesefalcon http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook&lang=en&cr=US -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "maltesefalcon" wrote: > I made it this far in trying to figure out some things in outlook, but I have > no idea how or where to vew this discussion gr...

Advanced Find or a View Question
Is there a field to find out the current user logged in from the Accounts itself. The owner is the owner who owns the account. I am trying to find the current user logged in so I can give a filtered view based on it. Thanks Hi: Michael has posted a great example of how this can be done here: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=AJAX1 -- John. Microsoft Principal Architect This message sent from Windows Vista! <srini.venkatesan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161904149.549945.253590@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Is there a field to find out the current user logged...

GIF Viewing Problem
I have recently created a web site using Publisher and posted it to the Internet I viewed the pages using IE and Firefox and everything looked perfect (I use Windows XP). However, a friend of mine informed me that the GIFs appeared "very bitmapped on the web-site...they are very hard to read." She tells me that she is using IE on a mac, OS X operating system, version 10.2.8. The GIFS have been saved using PhotoShop optimization with the lacing option. Any suggestions as to how I can remedy this problem? Thanks in advance. The web address is http://hilltop.bradley.edu/~npope/...

Viewing
When I open any of the foldersl in Microsoft Outlook (2003 service pack 3), and try to sort on Received, I get a whole list of lines with only one word per line under Received, which is "None". Nothing else appears on those lined displayed. When I click on Received again, all of my files appear and under Received is the dates each e-mail was received or sent. How can I correct this? Try resetting the view - right click on the field name and choose customize... then reset. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange S...

Reformatting Text to Excel
Does anyone have an easier way to move data from a text file to Excel, rather than manually adjusting each line. Here is a sample of the data: Card Name: Woodwraith Strangler Cost: 2BG Type: Creature � Plant Zombie Pow/Tgh: 2/2 Rules Text: Remove a creature card in your graveyard from the game: Regenerate Woodwraith Strangler. Set/Rarity: Ravnica: City of Guilds common Card Name: Zephyr Spirit Cost: 5U Type: Creature � Spirit Pow/Tgh: 0/6 Rules Text: When Zephyr Spirit blocks, return it to its owner�s hand....

Viewing multiple excell spreadsheets on the task bar
Why is it that when I have 3 or more excell spreadsheets open they are not all listed on my task bar the only way I can get to them is by going to the window button and selecting the one I want to see, I want to be able to ALT TAB between them and they are not listing them for me in the task bar only the current one I have open? Are you using XP? Sounds like that feature of XP which groups several windows of one application into one spot on the task bar. There may be a way to shut this off in taskbar properties. Click on the task bar and select properties. "Megan" wrote: ...

right-jusified in views
Hello, I would like customize some views. Fields contains money values should be right justified. Have anybody a suggestion for this question? Thanks a lot ...

Creating Equipment View
Hi We would like to create a view which lists all the equipment which has not been scheduled? I attempted to do this by using Advanced Find. We chose Facilities / Equipment, selected Activity Party and selected Activity (Service Activity). We then selected Scheduled End and chose Yesterday as the value. No records were displayed. Does anyone have a better idea as to how we can view this info. Thanks ...

How to Change Order of Views under Current View
Outlook 2003 - I have my calendar views showing in the left side navigation pane by selecting View/Arrange By/Show Views in Navigation Pane. I have created 2 custom views and would like them to show at the top of the list, not the bottom. Anyone know of a way to do this? Thanks! ...

OL07, activities page, journal view failing to display
let me give example of this recent behavior: start outlook> go to individual contact page> click on activities> show "journal"> journal shows all 'phone calls'. close contact> reopen contact> go through the same routine>this time nothing shows in journal screen. if i wait about 10 minutes the journal entries may show again. if search on "all items" it may show only email and calendar items, but not the phone calls that should show up in the 'journal' view. i have tried closing and restarting outlook. i don't recall changing an...

Outline format in Excel
How can I create a list of items in a cell? And how can I tell Excel where to wrep-around? So want something a cell that looks like this 1. Introduction 2. Body of Text 3. Conclusion I'll want to repeat that in a number of cells. I know that I have to change the cell height? But how do I get it wrap so it looks the way I want it? Thanks. jpas1954 Wrote: > How can I create a list of items in a cell? And how can I tell Excel > where to > wrep-around? So want something a cell that looks like this > > 1. Introduction > 2. Body of Text > 3. Conclusion > > I...

show tasks on calendar view?
is there any way in Outlook to show pending tasks on the calendar view? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > is there any way in Outlook to show pending tasks on the > calendar view? The "Day/Week/Month" view includes Tasks. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. Brian, They aren't showing on my calendar. Could there be an option so...

How can I view files chronologically when opening multiple files
I often open multiple invoices for the same account, and I want to view them beginning from the oldest to the most current. However, Excel situates them in reverse order such that when I close one or do "ctrl tab" to step to the next file it always steps to the newest file. I would prefer the "stepping" begin and proceed with the oldest files. I don't know that we have any control over the order Excel opens workbooks or stacks their windows. You can press Ctrl-Shift-Tab to go in the reverse order though. -- Jim "Stevilsize" <Stevilsize@discussions...

Migration from Ilog View to MFC
Hello! Because of some historical reasons we use in our institute the Ilog View library 3.1 for the GUI programming. As we have now some problems with this library we are thinking about migrating to MFC or to another library (and I have to decide which library we should use). Now, could anybody help me with my decision? Has somebody here experience with this migration problem and could tell me how complicated it is? Regards and Greetings from Europe Dirk Seebeck -- There is still some work left. ...

Reformatting Cells
I have this in my column: 858+00.000 R 2 858+00.000 R 2 858+00.000 R 2 858+00.000 R 2 858+00.000 R 2 858+00.000 R 2 859+00.000 R 2 859+00.000 R 2 859+00.000 R 2 859+00.000 R 2 859+00.000 R 2 etc.. This progresses all the way to 1350+00 R 2. All I want to do is remove the R 2 at the end, but keep the number. There must be a faster way than deleting the R 2 in the formula toolbar, then copy>paste in my column. Thanks! Maybe you could select the range to fix Edit|replace what: _R_2 (_ represents a space character) with: (leave blank) replace all But when I di...

Filtered Views 11-05-07
We have many custom entities defined for our system. My issue is that I only see Filtered views for some of them even though the enities seem to be set up in the same way. I am not sure what is causing some of the entities to have a custom view and others not. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: Freelance Consultant Email Contact :: imumar at gmail dot com "AAA" wrote: > We have many custom entities defined for our system. My issue is that I only > see Filtered views for some of them even though t...