Recent Office X.x upgrade shutdown problems

After running the recent upgrade for Office X (version 10.1.5), I've
noticed that all the applications - Entourage, Excel, Word, and
Powerpoint - take a considerable amount of time to shutdown when you
exit the application.  Testing each of the four applications,
selecting "Quit application" closes all windows, but then takes up to
one full minute to shutdown the application completely.  This problem
is consistent across all four applications.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  If so, is there a fix yet
from MS that I have not seen?

Regards,

Thomas
0
gemschi (1)

If you're running Norton Personal Firewall version 2 or earlier, turn off
Stealth Mode.  That is known to cause this sort of problem.

If that doesn't fix it, you should try shutting off whatever firewalls you
have to see if they're the issue.  If they are, then there are probably some
ports you need to enable (I don't know which ones offhand).

On 12/8/03 1:13 AM, in article
f4ccdcfb.0312072313.4e422006@posting.google.com, "Thomas"

--
Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
PowerPoint FAQ featuring PowerPoint:mac: <http://www.pptfaq.com/>