Re - download on same computer

Downloaded only the Excel and Word parts of Office for Mac 2004 onto
MacBook, now want to also download Powerpoint - can I use the same
Product ID on the same computer or will it require a whole new
download/product ID? (I have 2 more installations left but would rather
save them.)

0
mexitim (7)

I assume by "download" you mean "installed from CD onto computer" rather
than "got from web" (which is the true meaning of download).

You should be able to do a custom install of just PowerPoint without even
being asked for the license key--since it is already installed on that
computer, it will just look for and find the existing license key.

By the way--I don't think you have two more "installations."  If you have
the Student/Teacher edition, which comes with 3 license codes, that means
you can install it on 3 separate computers simultaneously.  You can
reinstall on the same computer using the same license code as many times as
you want. You can remove it from one computer and install it on a different
computer using the same license code, no problem.  License codes can be
re-used as many times as necessary, a single license code just can't be used
on two computers simultaneously.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
9/15/2006 3:54:05 AM
Daiya,
      Thanks and I did mean "installed."  I did a custom install of
PowerPoint with the same license code on the same computer but now I
get an error message: "An unexpected error occurred while trying to
load the Microsoft Framework Library" whenever I open Word, Excel or
PowerPoint.  Any suggestions how to fix that?

Tim

Daiya Mitchell wrote:
> I assume by "download" you mean "installed from CD onto computer" rather
> than "got from web" (which is the true meaning of download).
>
> You should be able to do a custom install of just PowerPoint without even
> being asked for the license key--since it is already installed on that
> computer, it will just look for and find the existing license key.
>
> By the way--I don't think you have two more "installations."  If you have
> the Student/Teacher edition, which comes with 3 license codes, that means
> you can install it on 3 separate computers simultaneously.  You can
> reinstall on the same computer using the same license code as many times as
> you want. You can remove it from one computer and install it on a different
> computer using the same license code, no problem.  License codes can be
> re-used as many times as necessary, a single license code just can't be used
> on two computers simultaneously.
>

> On 9/14/06 8:39 PM,  "mexitim@gmail.com" wrote:
>
> > Downloaded only the Excel and Word parts of Office for Mac 2004 onto
> > MacBook, now want to also download Powerpoint - can I use the same
> > Product ID on the same computer or will it require a whole new
> > download/product ID? (I have 2 more installations left but would rather
> > save them.)
> >

> --
> Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
> Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
> MacWord Tips: <http://word.mvps.org/Mac/WordMacHome.html>
> What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
mexitim (7)
9/17/2006 8:16:10 AM
Apply the Microsoft Office Updates, in the correct sequence.

If you have applied them before, apply them again.  Updates cannot update
software that's not on the computer at the time.

Microsoft Office is a large collection of modules that all must be at
matching versions.  If you install two products and update them, then
install a third and do not update it, you get a version mismatch in the
"Framework" :-)

Cheers

On 17/9/06 6:16 PM, in article
1158480969.986279.296510@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, "mexitim@gmail.com"
<mexitim@gmail.com> wrote:

> Daiya,
>       Thanks and I did mean "installed."  I did a custom install of
> PowerPoint with the same license code on the same computer but now I
> get an error message: "An unexpected error occurred while trying to
> load the Microsoft Framework Library" whenever I open Word, Excel or
> PowerPoint.  Any suggestions how to fix that?
>
> Tim
>
> Daiya Mitchell wrote:
>> I assume by "download" you mean "installed from CD onto computer" rather
>> than "got from web" (which is the true meaning of download).
>>
>> You should be able to do a custom install of just PowerPoint without even
>> being asked for the license key--since it is already installed on that
>> computer, it will just look for and find the existing license key.
>>
>> By the way--I don't think you have two more "installations."  If you have
>> the Student/Teacher edition, which comes with 3 license codes, that means
>> you can install it on 3 separate computers simultaneously.  You can
>> reinstall on the same computer using the same license code as many times as
>> you want. You can remove it from one computer and install it on a different
>> computer using the same license code, no problem.  License codes can be
>> re-used as many times as necessary, a single license code just can't be used
>> on two computers simultaneously.
>>

>> On 9/14/06 8:39 PM,  "mexitim@gmail.com" wrote:
>>
>>> Downloaded only the Excel and Word parts of Office for Mac 2004 onto
>>> MacBook, now want to also download Powerpoint - can I use the same
>>> Product ID on the same computer or will it require a whole new
>>> download/product ID? (I have 2 more installations left but would rather
>>> save them.)
>>>

>> --
>> Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
>> Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
>> MacWord Tips: <http://word.mvps.org/Mac/WordMacHome.html>
>> What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread.  Please do not email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie <john@mcghie.name>
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh.  Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

0
john7143 (1072)
9/17/2006 12:22:10 PM
John,
       Thanks, that worked.

Tim
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] wrote:
> Apply the Microsoft Office Updates, in the correct sequence.
>
> If you have applied them before, apply them again.  Updates cannot update
> software that's not on the computer at the time.
>
> Microsoft Office is a large collection of modules that all must be at
> matching versions.  If you install two products and update them, then
> install a third and do not update it, you get a version mismatch in the
> "Framework" :-)
>
> Cheers
>

> On 17/9/06 6:16 PM, in article
> 1158480969.986279.296510@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, "mexitim@gmail.com"
> <mexitim@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Daiya,
> >       Thanks and I did mean "installed."  I did a custom install of
> > PowerPoint with the same license code on the same computer but now I
> > get an error message: "An unexpected error occurred while trying to
> > load the Microsoft Framework Library" whenever I open Word, Excel or
> > PowerPoint.  Any suggestions how to fix that?
> >
> > Tim
> >
> > Daiya Mitchell wrote:
> >> I assume by "download" you mean "installed from CD onto computer" rather
> >> than "got from web" (which is the true meaning of download).
> >>
> >> You should be able to do a custom install of just PowerPoint without even
> >> being asked for the license key--since it is already installed on that
> >> computer, it will just look for and find the existing license key.
> >>
> >> By the way--I don't think you have two more "installations."  If you have
> >> the Student/Teacher edition, which comes with 3 license codes, that means
> >> you can install it on 3 separate computers simultaneously.  You can
> >> reinstall on the same computer using the same license code as many times as
> >> you want. You can remove it from one computer and install it on a different
> >> computer using the same license code, no problem.  License codes can be
> >> re-used as many times as necessary, a single license code just can't be used
> >> on two computers simultaneously.

> >> --
> >> Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
> >> Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
> >> MacWord Tips: <http://word.mvps.org/Mac/WordMacHome.html>
> >> What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >

> --
>
> Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread.  Please do not email
> me unless I ask you to.
>
> John McGhie <john@mcghie.name>
> Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh.  Business Analyst, Consultant
> Technical Writer.
> Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

0
mexitim (7)

SBS 2008 Stuck Applying Computer Settings
Did anyone ever figure out exactly why WFBS 6.0 caused SBS 2008 to hang at "Applying Computer Settings" on a reboot? I was troubleshooting backup issues and this nonsense got thrown in my face. I've tried making the WFBS services dependent upon the spooler service, but it's still hanging. I DID NOT DISABLE IPv6! (sorry, it's well past my bedtime) Andrew M. Saucci, Jr. wrote: > Did anyone ever figure out exactly why WFBS 6.0 caused SBS 2008 to > hang at "Applying Computer Settings" on a reboot? I was troubleshootin...

override locale computer settings
I appreciate any help. This is a problem I posted yesterday probably without being very clear. How can I override the Windows Regional settings so that my Excel File looks the same in a computer in Italy and in the Netherlands without forcing the user to change the Locale Regional settings? This affects the Date and the Time format, specially within formulas. Also it seems that the locale setting on Cell Format only works if the locale is NOT the default. i.e. A file with the default in UK Eng. and a cell date in Italian and another in UK Eng, will have the cell in Italian on a Dutch c...

The future of all computing
Is passing Kevin by. Has passed him by for years. ...

Free Download of File Conversion Software
Free 60-day trial download of ConvertMyFile, a Windows program that lets you convert your files into alternative formats. �ConvertMyFile will transform Word Documents (in RTF format) to PDF Files. �ConvertMyFile will convert Excel Spreadsheets into PDF format as well as into HTML pages. �ConvertMyFile will also take your pictures (BMP or JPG) and convert them into PDF files. Only $9.95 to license. Quantity discounts and site licenses available. www.geocities.com/conversionsoftware ...

Money 2006 -- Manual Bank Download + OFX = AAARRRGGHH!!
I installed Money 2006 Deluxe (upgraded from 2000) about a month ago. It's been working fine. I have to manually download the transactions from my bank because they haven't moved to the 21st century yet. Used to be, I would download in OFX format and the computer would ask me if I wanted to launch Money. I no longer get that prompt since installing two M$ critical updates. Since installing two critical updates on my computer (Windows ME) which have crapped my computer beyond all belief, I have not been able to get the downloads from the bank. I have finally gotten the TMP files to ...

Re: PST file problems
>> "properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" Perhaps this has something to do with Outlook web services in Corporate or Workgroup/Exchange mode? How could this affect a PTS file or PST import? FWIW, the original archive files were not created while in Corporate or Workgroup/Exchange mode. Any answers? please include connarch@yahoo.com in any reply -- Pierre Levesque, AIA c. 917.577.8780 "Pierre Levesque, AIA" <pierrelevesque@connarch.com> wrote in message news:... > > "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.co...

RE: Special cell formatting problem!
As a short solution, would this work? 1) Add a column on your 1st worksheet that adds '', by using a formula (for example, the formula in cell B2 would be ="'"&A2&"'". 2) Then have your macro copy and Paste Special Values from the new column. Otherwise, I think you'd have to modify your macro to loop through each cell in the range and add the '', which would be a little more work. Let me know if this helps. Joe EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com jbutler: > As a short solution, would...

Re: erreur de nom de serveur
���� ����� "feras" <hotmel71@yahoocom> �� ����� �������:... > i0-'./''/ > ���� ����� "sali" <salim259@hotmail.com> �� ����� > �������:ucqdkACrKHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >> >> > > ...

Bank of America transaction downloading
Anyone else trying to use Money'05 with Bank of America (California) and having problems with the content that goes intot the account register? I'm getting some fairly worthless information inserted into the Payee field. Most of my downloaded transaction come in as "INTRALINK NETWORK TRANS 876565" or "BANK CARD PURCHASE 765765" instead of "Walmart Store 54657" or "Exxon". For checks the, check number is not in the "Num" field, it's in the payee field. I'm curious if this only a Bank of America phenomenon or a Money-wi...

Re-Posting Problems With Access 97 to 2002 Conversion
I have an Access 97 database that I am opening in Access 2002 in "cocompatability" mode. What is happening is that it goes into a loop and the status bar shows messages over and over. Sometimes I can break out of it. I can convert it Ok, mangled the first time. ...

AP Computer checks not being pulled in SafePay
We created a new company and imported safepay setup from one of our existing companies. We noticed that in the new company, computer checks are not showing up in the Safepay file. Any idea what to check? We have tried deleting and recreatign the safepay setup from scratch and still got the same results. Thanks! ...

Office re-configures every time Access 2007 starts
I was running access 2003 runtime on my machine, then I installed Office Pro 2007, then I un-installed 2003 runtime. Now every time I start Access 2007 I get a message that office will not configure itself and I have to wait for it to go through the process. This is really annoying. Is there anyway I can correct this. Keep in mind I am not an IT pro so laymen terms would be great. Thank you in advance. Dave Sorry, but there's not much you can do. Office 2007 (and Office 2010) use a different approach than previous versions, so the reconfiguration is, unfortunately, una...

Download G-Mail to Excel
I purchased a program to download our G-Mail inbox. We use tis G-Mail account for a contest we have going on and there are many entries. The program works pretty good, BUT it brings everything that is in the body, into one group of cells. See below. These are the four columns it brings into Excel. From, Subject, Received Date, and Body - but it's the body of the email that I really need split into separate columns If someone could help me with a way to break this info out into separate columns - I can send a sample of the whole spreadsheet if needed to. User_name = S...

Missing transactions from Citibank credit card download
I recently noticed that the transaction total (amount owed) didn't match the balance amount owed in my credit card account. After comparing the Citibank online statement to the Money downloaded statement (I'm using the Citibank services which are updated when I log on), I've found there are transactions missing. These transactions must then be entered in manually to get the statements to match. I was hoping that this would be one process I didn't have to double check, but alas, it's more work than when you could just grab the statement from Citibank and upload ...

RE: how I can completely remove folder out of public folder store
I have Exchange 2000 SP3 running Windows 2000 SP4 and using Outlook 2003. I used to have a public folder called AdminTest and it is mail-enabled. Please tell me how I can completely remove AdminTest out of public folder? I went to outlook 2003 and deleted the AdminTest folder. I went to System Manager and Under Folder Tree, deleted AdminTest. I went to Active Directory and deleted AdminTest. My problem is when I compose a new mail, I can still see AdminTest in the Global Address List. I can still send mail to this folder (I know this because in the Public Folder store, I still see a mail...

RE: Font size displaying too large for cells in locked spreadsheet
This spreadsheet resides on a common drive, but one user is unable to to view some cell contents. The best that I can tell is that the font size is too big. Changing screen resolution has no effect, neither does zooming in and out. Other company users do not have this problem. Does anyone have an idea what I might try? ...

importing email to a new computer
Hi, I'm trying to move a substantial amount of emails from a PC to my new lap top. As the size of the email folder is larger than one CDROM I can only copy specific files at a time. However, when I try to import these files, the program does not recognize them. Any hints on how simply to move my emails from one computer to another? Best, Cameron Outlook or Outlook Express? Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm Outlook & Exchange/Windows Messaging Backup and Dual-Boot Outlook Express: Backing Up, Recovering and Restoring OE5/6 Files a...

Accessing Money from a remote computer
I just purchased Money 2006 Deluxe for my home. I was wondering if there was any way to access my information from my work computer. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, feldknocker wrote: >I just purchased Money 2006 Deluxe for my home. I was wondering if there was >any way to access my information from my work computer. Go to Help and enter "web" into the search box. Choose the "About accessing your Money information on the Web" topic. The way designed in is to go to Tools->Settings->AccessYourMoneyDataOnTheWeb which will tell you that you have to add a...

why the microsoft offce it doesnt work i did download from intern
hi i downloaded microsoft offce form internet but it doest work what can i to do? please help us thanks goodbye ...

Email Errors> no download of messages>error messages.
Email Errors> no download of messages>error messages. My email has been working just fine until today. I can't think of anything I've done to create a problem. I'm using WindowsXP-pro-sp2; Outlook 2003, and Norton AntiVirus 2005. The same problem just started in Outlook Express as well. Was on the phone with Charter for over two hours removing email accounts and then adding them from scratch. I've been trying for hours and hours fix this to no avail--the error message keeps coming up and I'm expecting some very important email. The error messages will ...

how can i stop my old mails to be download in my outlook?
Hi, I want to startto useMicrosoft outlook 2007 with my existing gmail Id. But I dont want to receive all old mails from my gmail account to my outlook. please inform me what settings to do for receiveing new mails from today only Please help me.... You need to check the options in GMail Help files to see what they offer for leaving mail in their application. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Nikhil...

re-arranging worksheets
Hi, I posted a question here a few days ago and got some helpful suggestions -- thanks! I'm now trying to re-arrange the order of worksheets in an excel document. I have one file, and have created 16 worksheets within that file. So, when I have one worksheet open, there are 15 tabs at the bottom. I'd like to re-arrange the order of the tabs so that they are in alphabetical order. Does anyone know how I can do that? -- blazon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ blazon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&user...

Re: "The Disk is full trying to write to c:\..."
Donald C. Calarco wrote: > Message-ID: <f3db3f4349954abe9c28ebf77d89e1e2@newspe.com> > X-Mailer: http://www.umailcampaign.com, ip log:76.16.119.53 > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.publisher > NNTP-Posting-Host: 22.bb.5446.static.theplanet.com 70.84.187.34 > Path: TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl!newspe.com > Lines: 1 > Xref: TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.publisher:178074 > > What a ridiculous answwer. JoAnn, the problem is that the file > "won't" save. The problem is not that it wont "open", which is all > you focu...

Account information downloading into wrong account.
Hi gang, a month or so ago, I downloaded banking information (transactional details) from my line of credit into my chequing account, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to re-direct it now. Any assistance would be appreciated. ...

moving outlook to a new computer
A sudden and unexpected component fault(graphics chip) on the motherboard of my laptop necessitated the purchase of a new laptop. I had not backed up any data from the old machine, but have now restored all my documents and files via an external hard drive adaptor. Unfortunately I'm struggling to transfer my Outlook data to the new laptop from the old drive. I have followed the Import/Export wizard in Outlook to import the .pst file after saving it from the old hard drive, but just get the following message "This Personal Folder file (.pst) is already in use in the curre...