quotation marks after import

I imported my contacts from outlook 2003 into entourage. After import,
the data under each field name has "quotation marks" . Is there
something I missed in the mapping, etc.?

You didn't do anything wrong.  This is an unfortunate annoying side-effect
of directly transferring information from Outlook into Entourage.

Paul Berkowitz's "Export-Import Entourage" script set will transfer data
between Outlook & Entourage, taking care of these issues.
<http://www.scriptbuilders.net/>

On 12/27/05 6:02 PM, in article
1135728164.100437.84780@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "trekker"

--
Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
PowerPoint FAQ featuring PowerPoint:mac: <http://www.pptfaq.com/>

in an excel macro can you import data from word into a cell?
I have several word documents being emailed to me containing tables. I would like to be able to import some of the data in the word table into a cell in my spreadsheet. Is this possible using a macro in the spreadsheet? -- Trefor hi Trefor, Yes, that's one of the advantages of the MS Office Family! Look in Excel VBA help "Controlling One Microsoft Office Applicatio from Another". A quick search in Google found this http://www.mindspring.com/~tflynn/excelvba2.html#Open_Word. You'd replace the "With mywdRange" with code appropraite to you problem. It's ...

Importing QFX files
One of the financial institutions that I deal with provides downloads only in QFX format, not OFX. Is there anyway to import QFX into Money 2005 Standard? John Kane On 2005-04-29, jkane@ida.org <jkane@ida.org> wrote: > One of the financial institutions that I deal with provides > downloads only in QFX format, not OFX. Is there anyway to import > QFX into Money 2005 Standard? I don't know the answer to this question, but this guy seems to think that it doesn't really matter. According to him, QFX is OFX with Quicken extensions. I don't know whether Money will ...

You cannot mark this year as historical year as open year balances exist for it
Hi.. Actually While loading the Data , we didn't marked the Year 2003 as historical year. Hence , when we have loaded the 2003 GL data in the company , it has not transfered the balances to Year 2004. When we try to mark the year as historical year, it is giving the message that "You cannot mark this year as historical year as open year balances exist for it." Kindly suggest how to resolve this problem. Thanks Running the General Ledger Year-End Closing process for 2003 should bring the balances forward for 2004 and make 2003 an historical year. Before performing a y...

Issue of hanging importing customisations
Hello. When I try to import all customisations, the import hangs. A check of in event viewer this finds that an error is being reported as follows: MSCRMWebService Customization Import failed. Error: Thread was being aborted. Following this, .net reports the following error: Event code: 3001 Event message: The request has been aborted. Event time: 2/21/2008 6:35:06 AM Event time (UTC): 2/21/2008 2:35:06 PM Event ID: 6b63000df6944cb082c50321c502108d Event sequence: 546 Event occurrence: 1 Event detail code: 0 Application information: Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-1-12848075134...

Outlook Express Address book/Outlook 2000 import
I'm trying to figure out how to import my outlook express address book that is on another computer, to my outlook 2000 address book. If it's a WAB file, you'll need to copy it to the new computer, import it into Outlook Express there, and then export it to Outlook from OE. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:76bc01c3e875$8748d1e0$a301280a@phx.gbl, Greg wrote: > I'm trying to figure out how to import my outlook express > add...

Can I import an excel spreadsheet into Money 2001
My question is Can I import an excel spreadsheet into Money 2001. I have a spreadsheet of my whole years transactions which total about 1000 line items. Is there an easy way to get them recorded into Money 2001. Thanks Douse1@hotmail.com Not directly. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q8. "Douse1@hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:040b01c3ba05$20528e70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My question is Can I import an excel spreadsheet into > Money 2001. I have a spreadsheet of my whole years > transactions which total about 1000 li...

No quotation marks allowed in KB articles?
This is fairly insignificant, in the greater scheme of things, but... Is it not possible to use normal (in U.S. English, at least) double quotation marks within a knowledge base article? I've tried entering them (to enclose a bit of quoted text, for instance, or a book title), but when I save the article (without closing it - just save it), the double quotation marks get changes to single quotes. I feel like I need to put [sic] after each instance... Is there a workaround? Special character? This might be a workaround for you: Type two sets of double quotes, and when you save, it l...

import entourage
How do I import entourage mail from my old computer? I can't locate the correct directory. I found the main identity folder, but when trying to import it didn't recognize the files. I have entourage x on both macs. Thanks. Sent using the Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac Test Drive. If you have entourage x on both macs, you need to remove the Office test drive, first of all--your post says sent using it, so... I think it comes with a Remove tool, or use the one in the Value Pack on your Office X CD. Make sure you run the Remover, you definitely don't want pieces of Office 200...

xl2003 "cannot save
Windows XP professional Windows 2003 professional Both fully updated with service packs etc as of today. Netware server Load spreadsheet 1.xls from network folder SaveAs as 2.xls to same network folder Same user logged in, same folder, try on different machines. SaveAs works on all machines except a few which give the error: "Cannot save folder marked read only" SaveAs always works on local drive Any ideas ?? I have checked out KB180257 Hi sounds more like a network issue (user access rights, etc.) and not like an Excel error. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany iainc ...

How do I turn off. Accent marks in an Access Database.
I have a drop down box that locates records from the dropdown in the main form. This is the code that was put in via Access when I selected the MS options. Dim rs As Object Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[NameLn1] = '" & Me![Combo104] & "'" If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark I have a business customer that the drop down box will not find. HD's Pizza Cafe I get an end/debug error when this customers name is selected and no record is selected. I noticed that the db added the accent mark wh...

quotation syntax
I am trying to pass a date (now) through a function into an SQL statement. I can't get the double and single quotes to work. What I have now is: " ' " & Now() & " ' " which is read by the function I am passing it to as " ' 10/22/07 18:30:00 ' " and thus fails. This passes directly to SQL so I need '10/22/07 18:30:00' How do I do this? Thanks -- sam Use the #around date/time fields "#" & Now() & "#" "smk23" wrote: > I am trying to pass a date (now) through a function into an SQL ...

Import of PST Files into Exchange 2003
Hi All, I am setting up an Exchange 2003 environment and was wondering if there was a limit to the PST file size that can be imported into a users mailbox. We have a coupe of users who have PST files of about 1 1/2 GB and I needed to know if I would have a problem importing files of this size. Thanks for any insights. Kev wrote: > Hi All, > > I am setting up an Exchange 2003 environment and was wondering if > there was a limit to the PST file size that can be imported into a > users mailbox. > > We have a coupe of users who have PST files of about 1 1/2 GB and I > n...

Exporting/importing accounts
Hi Is there a way to export mail accounts from one OL2007 and import into another OL2007? I just don't want to spend time recreating same accounts if I can avoid that. Thanks Regards No, Outlook does not have that ability since the IMO modes of Outlook = 98/2000. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, John asked: | Hi |=20 | Is there a way to export mail accounts from one OL2007 and import into | another OL2007? I just don't want to spend time recreating same | accounts if I can avoid t...

Automatic import
Hi, Do you know a command line to import data from files ? I just want to do an automatic import from a dbf file every day without any intervention from a user. Is it possible ? Thx I don't think there's a command line for it. You'd either have to write code that uses the API to do what you want or use a button-pressing script to do what you want. "news.microsoft.com" <personne@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:Ou5VnOATGHA.196@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Do you know a command line to import data from files ? > I just want to do an aut...

How to import MS Excel Spreadsheets into MS Money 2004 Deluxe
Is there a mechanism to import a MS Excel Spreadsheet into MS Money 2004? A bank will only provide the transactions in Excel spreadsheets. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Varun See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=8. "Varun Gupta" <varunsgupta@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:17d0a01c449b6$376fdd10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a mechanism to import a MS Excel Spreadsheet into > MS Money 2004? > A bank will only provide the transactions in Excel > spreadsheets. > Any help will be appreciated. ...

Import MSN local folders to Outlook Live
I am upgrading from MSN to Outlook Live. How do I import the MSN folders stored on my local drive ? I can create a MSNBAK file, but I can't see how to import this or change it into a PST. If I move the contents of a local folder to a MSN folder, the received dates of the messages are all overwritten by "todays date". Any suggestions ? thanks, Oscar. oscar ackerman <oscarackerman@msn.com> wrote: > I am upgrading from MSN to Outlook Live. > > How do I import the MSN folders stored on my local drive ? Are these folder in some MSN-supplied mail applicat...

using checkmark symbol shows only # not check mark Excel 2003
I am using the Dingbat font. All stars and other symbols are OK, however, when I use the checkmark, or X symbol it only inserts the a number and not the symbol. Thanks. check the obvious - is the column wide enough ? otherwise what have you actually got in the cell ? Steve On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 09:36:02 +0100, Michael Abraham = <MichaelAbraham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using the Dingbat font. All stars and other symbols are OK, howev= er, > when I use the checkmark, or X symbol it only inserts the a number and= = > not > the symbol. Thanks. ...

how to import decimal and hex
How can I import a text file where some columns contain decimal real numbers and some columns contain hex numbers? like: 2.3 2E10 1E20 4.3 21FF F230 One problem was Excel read the hex "2E10" as exponential decimal 2.0E10 help please thanks Duane ...

Quotations
Does anyone know if you can use MS CRM Workflow to create quotes? Basically, we work with manufacturers who have wide product sets with lots of SKU's and to create a quote you have to have certain combinations of SKU's together. Is it possible to put logic into MS CRM to accomodate this? http://www.experlogix.com/solutions.htm "Russell Tewkesbury" wrote: > Does anyone know if you can use MS CRM Workflow to create quotes? Basically, > we work with manufacturers who have wide product sets with lots of SKU's and > to create a quote you have to have certain c...

Import??
CAn you import other files into Access or link other files?? Are you able to do that? I really wanted to do is import a infopath template that i created and filled out into the access database so that i could just view it...right...so i was wondering if that was possible or not... Cool if it is, and trashed if it dont!! if anyone can answer my questions that would be really chill!!! Of course. Give it a try (File>Get External Data). You can import or link any number of file types, including Excel, text files such as csv, tab delimited, etc. Anything out of the ordinary and you might...

Goldmine to CRM import
Has anyone tried importing data from Goldmine 5.7, 6.0 into CRM? I have heard that MS was working on a utility to do this. Is it available and has anyone actually used it?? Thanks. David I have used Scribe Migrate extensively for this and it works great for this and for migrating into and out of any tables in MS-CRM. List is $995 for the utility, but I have a license in stock. We are dealers. Make me a reasonable offer if you'd like to buy a copy. - Sterling "DCG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09b701c3c8e9$f70040f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... ...

Schema for Quotation
Hi I am writing program in C# to push Quotation in GP 10 can somebody tell me which are the Schema I have to use to update Quotation Regads Thirumal ------=_NextPart_0001_6F00864F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Thirumal Everything you need is in the SOP Transaction Flow documentation in the SDK (Software Development Kit). The SDK can be installed from the Tools folder of CD 2 of the install CDs or can be downloaded. See the page below for the links: http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/pages/developer-articles.aspx David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalat...

Import Calendar and Contacts
How do import contacts and calendars from a previous version of Outlook 2007on an older computer? You would never use Import for this. Use one of the supported methods we post here daily. Need help reading this group? -- Russ Valentine "EDMDBill" <EDMDBill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:609B8447-351F-467E-8575-FE168280B48A@microsoft.com... > How do import contacts and calendars from a previous version of Outlook > 2007on an older computer? Here. I found this post which I make almost daily: Take a look at these pages for info on Outloo...

I want to mark a NG post to follow-up
Quite often I see a post that I would like to mark somehow so that when I open the NG in a day or 2 I can easily find that post and view any replies. At the moment the best I can do is scroll down all the posts until I find the one I want. Not very good. Is ther a way to set-up a post so it is easily found or perhaps only marked posts appear first when connecting to that NG. I use Outlook Express 6. regards PeterH Just solved it with "Watch/Ignore" "PeterH" <reply to newsproup@NOSPAM.net> wrote in message news:5DGFc.77185$sj4.47184@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

How to import ole fields to a SQL Server db
Hi, I have an access db. In a table I have an ole field where I have lots of Word Docs stored. I need to pass all the Access database data to a new SQL Server database, but I have a problem, the word docs... It seems that Access put an header to the docs stored in its ole field, but I can't find it. Anyone can help me? Thank you in advance Roberto Cerulli Hi Roberto, Yes, documents stored in an Access OLE field don't consist just of the contents of the file but also include a wrapper with information about the parent application of the document and usually a preview image. I don...