product key confusion

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I recently purchased Student/Home Office for Mac 2008 from the Apple website for my Macbook. I'm having issues installing it. I'm prompted for the 25 digit product key before installation, yet none of the groups of numbers on the authenticity sticker add up to 25. One set is 21, another is 14 ( 22, if you combine the next closest group). What's more is that the installation program tells me I can find the numbers in the installation guide leaflet, well there's nothing of the sort to be found. Can anyone lend a hand? I may be sleep deprived but the numbers just don't add up!

ian_joseph@officeformac.com wrote:

> I recently purchased Student/Home Office for Mac 2008 from the Apple
> website for my Macbook. I'm having issues installing it. I'm prompted
> for the 25 digit product key before installation, yet none of the
> groups of numbers on the authenticity sticker add up to 25. One set
> is 21, another is 14 ( 22, if you combine the next closest group).
> What's more is that the installation program tells me I can find the
> numbers in the installation guide leaflet, well there's nothing of
> the sort to be found. Can anyone lend a hand? I may be sleep deprived
> but the numbers just don't add up!

You should find the correct number on the back of the DVD sleeve. It
will be on a yellow sticker and labeled "Product Key".

Hope this helps!

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
.... And with the Home & Student Edition you should have 3 different ones.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/17/08 11:03 AM, in article OAkPppHAJHA.5048@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
"William Smith [MVP]" <mecklists@REM0VETH1S.comcast.net.INVALID> wrote:

> ian_joseph@officeformac.com wrote:
>
>> I recently purchased Student/Home Office for Mac 2008 from the Apple
>> website for my Macbook. I'm having issues installing it. I'm prompted
>> for the 25 digit product key before installation, yet none of the
>> groups of numbers on the authenticity sticker add up to 25. One set
>> is 21, another is 14 ( 22, if you combine the next closest group).
>> What's more is that the installation program tells me I can find the
>> numbers in the installation guide leaflet, well there's nothing of
>> the sort to be found. Can anyone lend a hand? I may be sleep deprived
>> but the numbers just don't add up!
>
> You should find the correct number on the back of the DVD sleeve. It
> will be on a yellow sticker and labeled "Product Key".
>
> Hope this helps!

I'm I need a yellow sticker, then I'm missing a sticker. The only one I have is blue and on the bottom of the sleeve. Do I contact Apple or try the maze that claims to be Microsoft Support?
ian_joseph@officeformac.com wrote:

> I'm I need a yellow sticker, then I'm missing a sticker. The only one
> I have is blue and on the bottom of the sleeve. Do I contact Apple or
> try the maze that claims to be Microsoft Support?

Office is not an Apple product so they can not help you.

I suggest you first try to work with the store where you purchased your
product. Show them you're missing the Product Key and ask that they
allow you to trade for a copy of Office that's complete. If necessary,
request that they open a package so they can compare it to yours.

If they will not help you then contact Microsoft (it's not that bad).
Start here <http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub> and follow
the links to get to the appropriate E-mail addresses and phone numbers
for your location and product.

Provided you can show proof of purchase then they should be willing to
provide you with replacement Product Keys.

Know beforehand that you're allowed two free product support calls. If
they request you pay first you can refuse. If they insist on payment
upfront then you should be refunded (or not charged) once they
understand the problem.

Hope this helps!

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
Hi Ian -

I'm still not convinced you're looking in the right spot :-) What you
describe sounds like what's on the *end* of the outer box. That is printed
with the term "Certificate of Authenticity". The numbers on it are not the
ones you need.

The H/S Editions comes in a yellow box. Inside the box the DVD is in a white
sleeve (or "envelope" if you prefer that term) embossed with the Office
logo. The 3 Product Key stickers are on the back side of that sleeve.

If your packaging is different or if the Product Key stickers are missing
your first point of contact should be the vendor you got it from.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/18/08 6:57 PM, in article 59b57140.2@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"ian_joseph@officeformac.com" <ian_joseph@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I'm I need a yellow sticker, then I'm missing a sticker. The only one I have
> is blue and on the bottom of the sleeve. Do I contact Apple or try the maze
> that claims to be Microsoft Support?

how to use product key
I recently purchased a macintosh computer, and I have the test drive version of microsoft office. I have a product key from my other computer, but I cannot tell how to authenticate the new version. Can someone help me? Thanks! The Test Drive cannot be converted to a full version by entering a product key In fact, the Test Drive MUST be removed before installing the full version of Mac Office 2004, as otherwise it *will* cause problems. In addition, if you have the product key from a Windows Office version, the Mac Office version will not accept it. You would need to buy MacOffice 2...

Select product in Lead and Opportunity
Hi, I would like to know if I could select the product /product type in a lead and opportunity? Thanks in advance! Opportunity - yes - you can select multiple products for opportunities. Leads - no - not out of the box. It is possible to create a custom entity called "Lead Products" (Similar to "Opportunity Product") and make it associate with the leads and products. hope this helps.. -- Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan) Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics - CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for y...

Value keyed becomes divided by 100

Quote Product showing products not part of the Quote Price List
On the quote I pick a price list with 2 products on it and save it. I drill into Quote Product and the product lookup shows me those two products and products that are not part of that price list. What am I missing? I suspect this is by design, Bob. You might need to write a script to check if the product selected is present in the specified pricelist and display an alert, etc. HTH, Niths "Bob" wrote: > On the quote I pick a price list with 2 products on it and save it. I drill > into Quote Product and the product lookup shows me those two products and > product...

Filter a product look-up view (product)
Does anybody know how you can filter a product lookup view (in 3.0)? I want to be able to limit the products seen based on a business unit. I.e., we have a pool of products and 4 separate business units. Not all business units need access to all products. The idea is when you create a quote/Order etc. and choose a product, only products valid for your business unit should show up -- Jim H. ...

Excel Table to Individual product list and spend
Hi, Basically I have an Excel data table and I have a Product name drop down list. I want to create a formula or macro so when a Product is selected, it would output the list of companies and their spend with the product. Below is a sample but the real spreadsheet has thousands of vendor names and spend for each product and there are probably ten product names altogether. Company Product1 Product2 Product3 Product4 Total ABC 7,009 8,000 15,009 Key 805,036 805,036 PC 56,016 57,470 568 114,054 Water 3,090 651 298,250 301,991 Total 66,115 863,157 306,818 -...

use the repeat key (F4) in Publisher like Word
After following the help directions, there doesn't appear to be an option for repeat key in Publisher. F4 is the repeat key in Word. So, why can I not use this in Publisher also. Keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Publisher http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030885451033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dynamite" <dynamite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39869267-91E1-4664-B818-B3CA5D78BF34@microsoft.com... > After following the help directions, there doesn't...

IS there any short cut key to select all shapes
Hi, In powerpoint if we need to select shapes we do cntrl+A or we drag the cursor so that shapes are selected In excel if i am using shapes what is the command to select all shapes at once,else i need to go to each one and select holding shift. Thanks max Try Press F5 and select 'Special' and select 'Objects' >OK If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "max" wrote: > Hi, > In powerpoint if we need to select shapes we do cntrl+A or we drag the > cursor so that shapes are selected > In excel if i am...

arrow keys changed function
A few days ago I noticed that the arrow keys in excel no longer move me from one cell to another but now they scroll the current window. If I am in cell A1 and press the right arrow the entire row A dissapears and a new row appears on the right side. There has got to be some kind of setting that I changed to cause this, does anyone know where to find it? Thanks Tim Hi tim Your Scroll Lock is on -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tim" <ms@tmlstore.com> wrote in message news:06f101c46dad$40a520f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > A few days ago I noticed that t...

Product key for different language
Just ordered a second copy of Office 2004 for Mac and with the shipment confirmation of the shop I have noticed that I have ordered the wrong language version and not the English one. As I already have a copy of the English Office 2004 I was wondering if it is possible to use the product key from the new non-english version for an installation from the english cd. In other words: can I use (technically and legally) the license which I have bought now to install a second copy of the english version or do I have to return the non-english version to swap it for the english one? I would ra...

Programming Hot Keys for Outlook 2003
Hello, This is my first post to this newsgroup, and there is a chance that this question may have already been answered sometime in the several years that this group has probably been online. If so, I'd appreciate it if someone can provide a pointer to the answer. I'd like to program Hot Keys for Outlook 2003. For example, if "ctrl-a" when input while a particular message is active, should sent the message to an "Archive" folder. Things like that. I'm not a VBA programmer, but don't mind quickly learning the APIs needed to do this, if it is the case th...

Mapping Quote Product to Order Product to Invoice Product
Hi, I've got some custom attributes in the Quote Product, Order Product and Invoice Product to hold some extra information regarding the customer's order (customised dimensions, unique serial numbers, etc). Write-In Products isn't an option - I need to use Existing Products to make data entry easier for the sales people (follows price list automatically). The problem is, when I convert the Order to an Invoice, the information in the custom attributes of the Order Product do not get passed over to the Invoice Product. I've tried looking in the relationship section of the ...

product and quote product
Don't quite understand difference between product and quote product entities. For example I need field supplier in the quote, the attribute is present in product, but absent in quote product. How can I add this attribute to quote product? Of course I can create new attribute, but I think it's better to use existing. Thanks. -- Alex Hi Alex, Unfortunately there is no way of mapping these attributes easily. We tightened the mappings from v1.x to v3.0 and unfortunately some of the mappings got missed - this being one of them. If this is a critical attribute and must be populate...

can i use bought outlook 2007 on new computer? have lost product
My previous laptop died along with the outlook 2007 that I bought 6 months ago. I have now bought a new laptop. How can I find out my product key for the outlook 2007 bought? and can i reuse it on my new computer. I bought it on-line but cannot find email or any previous activation keys. any help appreciated anon83 wrote: > My previous laptop died along with the outlook 2007 that I bought 6 months > ago. I have now bought a new laptop. How can I find out my product key for > the outlook 2007 bought? and can i reuse it on my new computer. I bought it > on-l...

Is there a Visual C++ Net only product ???
Does Visual C++ Net comes in a stand alone application package or you have to buy Visual Studio Net to get it ??? By stand alone, I mean the package only contains Visual C++ Net and not other things such as Visual Basic, C# etc etc... In article <40b015aa_2@news.tm.net.my>, andy_kheemeng@yahoo.com.sg says... > Does Visual C++ Net comes in a stand alone application package or you have > to buy Visual Studio Net to get it ??? > > By stand alone, I mean the package only contains Visual C++ Net and not > other things such as Visual Basic, C# etc etc... If you just wan...

Error attatching a product to an opportunity
I get the following script error when I link a product to an opportunity: Line: 151 Char: 4 Error: "crmForm.pricelefelid.value is null or not an object" Did you set the Opportunity Price List value? This field is listed next to Potential Customer field. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm San Francisco, CA "Mike" wrote: > I get the following script error when I link a product to > an opportunity: > > Line: 151 > Char: 4 > Error: "crmForm.pricelefelid.value is null or not an > object" > ...

Another product key required if I were to restore my Vista to defa
Would I require another product key if I were to restore my Vista to factory default? Thankx for your comments Wrong newsgroup You should be posting this to the following Vista newsgroup On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.general -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Moaster" <Moaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C3E9352-9504-4C3B-A69A-812FEC257F36@micr...

Buy Product A, get product B free
Our store is running a promotion next week, whereby if you purchase Product A you get Product B for free. Can RMS do this? I know it could be done if they were the same product. I thought about using a tag-along item but can't see how to set the Price to 0 for the tag along Cheers You may try Kit or Assembly. "jetspeed" wrote: > Our store is running a promotion next week, whereby if you purchase Product A > you get Product B for free. > Can RMS do this? I know it could be done if they were the same product. I > thought about using a tag-along item but can&#...

Lost Product Key #2
Wanted to install my publisher deluxe 2002 onto my new computer. I've lost my product key. What can I do? How do I do it? Whistle Britches wrote: > Wanted to install my publisher deluxe 2002 onto my new > computer. I've lost my product key. What can I do? How do > I do it? ================================= Have a look at the following KB article: (823570) How to Obtain a New Product Key for Office Program Setup http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823570 -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled ...

Confusing spreadsheet
I have been tasked with trying to simplify a few spreadsheets that i use. They are to track certain tasks that run, and then certain fields with the output created. I don't have much time to get it in place so i have found a few quick things that may make life easier, but wanted some help in the code needed/best way to make these changes. 1) Is there away to get multiple spreadsheets to update one main sheet? There will be 5 seperate sheets for the different 'types' of runs, and then one main sheet keeping track of run numbers, which will have 5 tabs for the dif...

Exporting Product Catalog to Price List
Is there a way to export pricing from the Product Catalog to our Price List? It seems that we need to enter pricing manually in two places which increases our chance of error. I would like to be able to enter pricing one time and export to eliminate that chance of error. We are using 3.0. ...

state sales tax included in product cost?
When I purchase product from my supplier, they charge me sales tax on the retail cost and forward that money to the state I live in. But how am I supposed to handle that. I'm guessing I include it into the "cost of product" when I enter inventory. But then when I invoice a customer and charge them sales tax, that tax will show on a tax report due to the state. ugghhh ...

Product Number on Product screens
The ability to show the productnumber and default UOM on the Opportunity Product, Quote Product and Order Product. As these are a key identifier or most product driven organizations, i was shocked to find you can't reference them on all product forms. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &quo...

Totally confused now Help please
I have been having problems with Outlook 2003 not saving passwords so I created 3 different profiles each with one e mail account in each. Tim 1 = Personal Tim 2 = Business Tim 3 = webmaster I set my archive to autoarchive after a set period of time and everything seems to work fine however I now have about 10 personal folders and archive folders in outlook folder. I want to be able to backup each account using the outlook backup tool and save all folders to my external HD, but I am losing the plot a bit. Can anyone explain (in simple terms please) how I can acheive this. Please just ...

Memo field
Hi folks, I'm working on my first database, for tracking our clients. One of the fields I need is a memo field for keeping counseling notes. I want for our counselors to be able to type random notes into this field with whatever data they need to input for our clients. However, when I am in this field and type a sentence and hit "enter" to move to a new line, it instead adds the record and takes me to the next record to start over. This is not the behavior I want, I want to be able to type sentences, even paragraphs into the memo field and have the "enter" key...