Problems Uninstalling Office 2004 Test Drive from Mac #2

Hi,
I use a Mac with OSX Tiger. I installed an Office 2004 test drive, but
then bought an Office X and started using it. I uninstalled Office 2004
test drive, but now whenever I try opening an office document (word,
powerpoint or excel), the Office 2004 dialogue box pops up and tells me
that the test drive has expired, though what I am trying to do is open
using Office X. To avoid this currently I have to right click and say
open with Office X. Is there anyway I can avoid the Office 2004
dialogue box popping up? Can I open the documents with Office X by just
double clicking on that. All help appreciated.

Best Regards,
Sangeeth

0
sangeethv (2)

Hello -

Before installing _any_ live version of Office, the Test Drive *must be
removed* using the Remove Office uninstaller you will find in the Test Drive
folder. There is plenty discussion on this matter throughout the newsgroups.

At this point it will also uninstall Office X, so you will then need to
reinstall it. Make sure to use Disk Utility to Repair Disk Permissions
before & after the reinstallation of Office X. You should then be in good
shape.

HTH |:>)

On 12/29/05 10:02 AM, in article
1135868569.364260.179570@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "sangeethv@gmail.com"
<sangeethv@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I use a Mac with OSX Tiger. I installed an Office 2004 test drive, but
> then bought an Office X and started using it. I uninstalled Office 2004
> test drive, but now whenever I try opening an office document (word,
> powerpoint or excel), the Office 2004 dialogue box pops up and tells me
> that the test drive has expired, though what I am trying to do is open
> using Office X. To avoid this currently I have to right click and say
> open with Office X. Is there anyway I can avoid the Office 2004
> dialogue box popping up? Can I open the documents with Office X by just
> double clicking on that. All help appreciated.
>
> Best Regards,
> Sangeeth

And, in addition to CyberTaz's instructions: when you've reinstalled Office
v.X, make sure you download the latest update from Mactopia, v.10.1.6, for
overall performance improvements:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/downl
oad/officex/update_1016.xml&secid=5&ssid=16&flgnosysreq=True

On 29.12.05 19:19, in article BFD992C4.C6C3%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net,
"CyberTaz" <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:

> Hello -
>
> Before installing _any_ live version of Office, the Test Drive *must be
> removed* using the Remove Office uninstaller you will find in the Test Drive
> folder. There is plenty discussion on this matter throughout the newsgroups.
>
> At this point it will also uninstall Office X, so you will then need to
> reinstall it. Make sure to use Disk Utility to Repair Disk Permissions
> before & after the reinstallation of Office X. You should then be in good
> shape.
>
> HTH |:>)

0
m_bintener (105)

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Transfer Money 98 to money 2004
I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current data to new computer w/ money 2004. In microsoft.public.money, Brad Karris wrote: >I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new >computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current >data to new computer w/ money 2004. If you have a USB flash drive on the old machine, copy your .mny file there. Then copy the file to the new machine-- usually to your "My Documents" folder. In Windows Explorer, double-left-click the file on your new machine to ...

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

docmd.transfertext problem

upgrade from mac office to pc?

New Disk storage

SQL deadlock problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Please ignore #2

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

Excel Problem

SOAP Exception

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Border problems

matching contents #2

Workbook_Open Help #2
Hello Frank, Here's the code Private Sub Workbook_Open() ' Call Unhide_Sheets ' Sheets("CONTROLPANEL").Select Range("A1").Select Call Splash End Su -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26252 Hi and there's no application.screenupdating=false statement in your unhide procedure? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Fable" <Fable.1d07w...

Outlook Express 5 #2
On loading, error message "MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module DIRECTDB.dll at 017f:7dbf3070.." Appeared to coincide with display config change? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of...

CRM 1.2 12-02-05
I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start the application if I log onto the server usind the server administrator account. If I try to access using a domain users account I just get a page cannot be displayed error, could somebody please help... Have you added the appropriate domain users as crm users using the deployment manager? "Redders" <Redders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D80FF8B4-78F1-4334-ACB5-2F772F0CF3B6@microsoft.com... > I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start >...