Problem with Contacts and Microsoft Outlook Web Access

When addressing e-mails in Microsoft Outlook Web Access, on PCs, using
the Internet Explorer browser, you may select which contact list to
search allowing you to search through the default -- just your internal
office addresses -- or in my personal contacts which contain most of
the contacts I need.

However, when accessing Microsoft Outlook Web Access on my Mac's Safari
browser, I do not get that option.  There is no drop-down menu allowing
me to choose which contact list to search.  As a result, I can only
search addresses from the default internal office contact list.  I
cannot use addresses from my personal contacts unless I go to contacts,
find them manually and cut and paste them into the address field.  This
is a real drag.  Any ideas?

Taylor

Ask on the Entourage newsgroup--many more people there familiar with OWA.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage

First, though, you might see what happens in Firefox instead of Safari.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
11/3/2006 3:50:51 PM
<taylorgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, when accessing Microsoft Outlook Web Access on my Mac's Safari
> browser, I do not get that option.  There is no drop-down menu allowing
> me to choose which contact list to search.  As a result, I can only
> search addresses from the default internal office contact list.  I
> cannot use addresses from my personal contacts unless I go to contacts,
> find them manually and cut and paste them into the address field.  This
> is a real drag.  Any ideas?

I unfortunately don't have that feature enabled on our OWA server.
I see two possibilities though:
- either it is some sort of Javascript not well supported on Safari adn
you could try using FireFox instead (entirely different JS engine).
- or it is one of these nice functions OWA offers - but that's in
Active-X and therefore for IE (windows) only...

In the later possibility, there is nothing you can do :-\

Corentin

--
      --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone)  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)
 taylorgriffin@gmail.com wrote:

> When addressing e-mails in Microsoft Outlook Web Access, on PCs, using
> the Internet Explorer browser, you may select which contact list to
> search allowing you to search through the default -- just your internal
> office addresses -- or in my personal contacts which contain most of
> the contacts I need.
>
> However, when accessing Microsoft Outlook Web Access on my Mac's Safari
> browser, I do not get that option.  There is no drop-down menu allowing
> me to choose which contact list to search.  As a result, I can only
> search addresses from the default internal office contact list.  I
> cannot use addresses from my personal contacts unless I go to contacts,
> find them manually and cut and paste them into the address field.  This
> is a real drag.  Any ideas?

Hi Taylor!

OWA has two sets of HTML pages. The first set is Active-X enabled and
designed to work with IE for Windows. The second set is more generic and
for use with all other browsers.

I attempted to reproduce your situation on both IE for Windows as well
as Safari and Firefox. With Safari and Firefox (using the second and
less dynamic set of pages) the only items you can search are your
company GAL (Global Address List) and Contacts. Address Books are not
available.

If you look at the Options section in OWA on Safari or Firefox, you'll
also noticed that only the GAL and Contacts are available for searching.
Other sources are not mentioned.

bill
--
William M. Smith
(Microsoft Interop MVP - Mac/Windows)

Problem shortcuts in Word

Access 97 executables and other versions of Access
I have a few questions regarding Access 97 and other versions of Access as we don't have time to develop .net versions of our Access 97 databases and some of our users are moving to other versions of Office/Access - I work for a local authority hence we tend to be very slow in moving to newer technology! We've tried converting our Access 97 databases (lots of front end forms) into Access 2000 but they fail and we don't want to install two versions of Access due to having our applications delivered via Novell to the user (PC's are locked down). Do we need to purchase...

Microsoft Publisher Greeting Card Contest 2004 #3
Yes, it is that time! Put your best ideas together and create a greeting card with Microsoft Publisher for your chance to win a copy of Microsoft Office 2003 Professional! For more details, check out the following link: http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=103 Submit your entries to: contest@publishermvps.com. All entries must be submitted by December 17, 2004. All entries will be converted to Publisher 98 format by me before uploading so that more users may be able to open the files. I will also retain the original file format offline. If you have any questions, please let us kn...

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

Outlook not sending messages from correct POP3 account
I am a tech support person, supporting several companies from my home. Therefore, I have several pop3 email accounts setup on my computer in Outlook. When I reply to an email, I need to make sure that the correct account shows up in the "From" field. This works for some messages, but for others, the email is sent from the wrong account (making me look real bad :-)). This happens even when it says it's going to be sent from the correct account, if I check the sent items afterward, I'll see that it was sent from the wrong account. This is driving me batty and I nee...

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Microsoft exchange server #2
I reinstalled Microft Office due to hard drive problems. Now it is asking for "Microsoft Exchange server" and "Mailbox". What do I put in "Microsoft Exchange server" box? What do I put in "Mailbox" box? acanduds@hotmail.com Dick <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I reinstalled Microft Office due to hard drive problems. > Now it is asking for "Microsoft Exchange server" > and "Mailbox". > What do I put in "Microsoft Exchange server" box? > What do I put in "Mailbox" box? Were ...

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Outlook 2003 won't save password in pop3 account settings
I am trying to set my email account settings to remember my password and it still prompts me everytime I send or receive email for the password. If I type it in, I have no trouble connecting and getting mail though. I am working through a citrix terminal to connect to outlook 2003 running on our company server. Is this a known bug? Is there a patch? Help! Sean Cartwright ...

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Outlook rules and Junk Email filtering
Hello! I have a problem with Outlook 2003 SP3 and the Junk Email folder. I have filtering set to Low, and I get emails from a contact page on a web site that always have the same subject. Sometimes, those messages end up in the Junk Email folder, sometimes they end up in the Inbox. I created a rule that says for any email with that subject, move it to the Inbox and stop processing more rules. The problem is that some of the messages STILL end up in the Junk folder. So, how can I stop the Junk Email filter from moving these messages? Is there some hidden way to make them stay in the In...

Outlook won't open after reinstalling it after installing Windows
My computer crashed. I installed Windows 7, and then reinstalled Office 2007. Outlook will not open. Any suggestions? Margye Hixson Suggest providing information. Include what you did, what happened and any and all error messages. Be detailed as if we weren't there and don't know what happened. -- Russ Valentine "Margye" <Margye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F85CAAC-2042-4CAB-A329-EF6B3A682189@microsoft.com... > My computer crashed. I installed Windows 7, and then reinstalled Office > 2007. > Outlook will not open....

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem