Problem shortcuts in Word

Hello,

I work with Word 2008.
In the beginning there is no problem, but suddenly i have problem with
shortcuts. When i want to do "cmd c" it make an other shortcuts same thing
for "cmd s", "cmd v" and surly some other. But when i write there is no
problem "c" is "c"...

If somebody have an idea please help me.

Thank you.

Unless you indicate your specific update level of Office as well as OS X &
describe what the keystrokes *are* doing contrary to what you expect there
isn't much we can offer.

--
Regards |:>)
Bob Jones

"Testuz" <Testuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I work with Word 2008.
> In the beginning there is no problem, but suddenly i have problem with
> shortcuts. When i want to do "cmd c" it make an other shortcuts same thing
> for "cmd s", "cmd v" and surly some other. But when i write there is no
> problem "c" is "c"...
>
> If somebody have an idea please help me.
>
> Thank you.

0
CyberTaz
3/1/2010 9:13:36 PM
Well office is with the last update and OS X is snow leopard 10.6.2
If i make "cmd c" it makes cancel.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

> Unless you indicate your specific update level of Office as well as OS X &
> describe what the keystrokes *are* doing contrary to what you expect there
> isn't much we can offer.
>
> --
> Regards |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>
> "Testuz" <Testuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I work with Word 2008.
> > In the beginning there is no problem, but suddenly i have problem with
> > shortcuts. When i want to do "cmd c" it make an other shortcuts same thing
> > for "cmd s", "cmd v" and surly some other. But when i write there is no
> > problem "c" is "c"...
> >
> > If somebody have an idea please help me.
> >
> > Thank you.
>
> .

I'm sorry, but I still have no idea what is being 'cancelled'. There is no
such operation when working in a Word document unless you have some sort of
dialog window open. In that case it may not be appropriate to Cut, Copy,
Paste, Print, etc. so it's possible that those strokes could be used for
some other command. However, I've tried here & in any dialog window I've
tested in those keystrokes do absolutely nothing at all.

Whatever you're experiencing must be extremely unusual. You'll need to
provide a complete, accurate, detailed explanation of the situation. Provide
a step-by-step description of exactly what you're doing & how you're going
about it. We cannot 'see' what's happening from here, we can only go by what
you describe, so specifics are important.

The keyboard shortcuts you're referring to, however, are standard
assignments within the guidelines of OS X. If they aren't working as they
should it's because of some eternal influence such as a utility or haxie
unless you've specifically reassigned the keystrokes yourself.

Does the problem occur with one specific document or does it happen in all
documents including newly created ones?

Does the same thing happen in other programs?

Log out, then hold Shift while logging in. Do the keystrokes work properly?

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/3/10 4:01 PM, in article
68EAA1F5-07F4-4B3B-9251-A2C21F02416A@microsoft.com, "Testuz"
<Testuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Well office is with the last update and OS X is snow leopard 10.6.2
> If i make "cmd c" it makes cancel.
>
> "CyberTaz" wrote:
>
>> Unless you indicate your specific update level of Office as well as OS X &
>> describe what the keystrokes *are* doing contrary to what you expect there
>> isn't much we can offer.
>>
>> --
>> Regards |:>)
>> Bob Jones
>> [MVP] Office:Mac
>>
>> "Testuz" <Testuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I work with Word 2008.
>>> In the beginning there is no problem, but suddenly i have problem with
>>> shortcuts. When i want to do "cmd c" it make an other shortcuts same thing
>>> for "cmd s", "cmd v" and surly some other. But when i write there is no
>>> problem "c" is "c"...
>>>
>>> If somebody have an idea please help me.
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>
>> .

0
CyberTaz
3/3/2010 9:28:42 PM
Ho sorry, it's not cancel, i would mean "undo" (cmd z), sorry i don't use it
in english.

>The keyboard shortcuts are standard assignments within the guidelines of OS X

Yes that's why it's very strange because in same time that it doesn't work
in word there is not problem in other applications.

It occurs in all document including newly created ones but not all the time.
When i start there is no problem and suddenly there is the problem and i have
to close it.

Thank you for your help.

Stéphane

"CyberTaz" wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I still have no idea what is being 'cancelled'. There is no
> such operation when working in a Word document unless you have some sort of
> dialog window open. In that case it may not be appropriate to Cut, Copy,
> Paste, Print, etc. so it's possible that those strokes could be used for
> some other command. However, I've tried here & in any dialog window I've
> tested in those keystrokes do absolutely nothing at all.
>
> Whatever you're experiencing must be extremely unusual. You'll need to
> provide a complete, accurate, detailed explanation of the situation. Provide
> a step-by-step description of exactly what you're doing & how you're going
> about it. We cannot 'see' what's happening from here, we can only go by what
> you describe, so specifics are important.
>
> The keyboard shortcuts you're referring to, however, are standard
> assignments within the guidelines of OS X. If they aren't working as they
> should it's because of some eternal influence such as a utility or haxie
> unless you've specifically reassigned the keystrokes yourself.
>
> Does the problem occur with one specific document or does it happen in all
> documents including newly created ones?
>
> Does the same thing happen in other programs?
>
> Log out, then hold Shift while logging in. Do the keystrokes work properly?
>
> Regards |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>

> On 3/3/10 4:01 PM, in article
> 68EAA1F5-07F4-4B3B-9251-A2C21F02416A@microsoft.com, "Testuz"
> <Testuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Well office is with the last update and OS X is snow leopard 10.6.2
> > If i make "cmd c" it makes cancel.
> >
> > "CyberTaz" wrote:
> >
> >> Unless you indicate your specific update level of Office as well as OS X &
> >> describe what the keystrokes *are* doing contrary to what you expect there
> >> isn't much we can offer.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards |:>)
> >> Bob Jones
> >> [MVP] Office:Mac
> >>
> >> "Testuz" <Testuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

OWA Attachments problems
(BACKGROUND info - 2003 Front End(DMZ) - 1 2003 Backend - 2 2000 Backend - McAfee Groupshield 6.0 on each server) We're experiencing problems attaching attachments to our front-end mailserver via OWA. Small files < 1MB generally have no problems. If we connect directly to the server which the mailbox resides we have no problems.. This problem is internal and external. Problem occurs whether or not your mailbox is on the 2003 backend or 2000 backends. Thank you, Anthony Graber This sounds like the public folder posting limit. Are you trying to post to a PubliC Folder: http:/...

Help with problem
I accidentally clicked on the "From" field in Outlook and drug it down my listing of emails. Now the field is missing and my emails do not list who they are from on the screen. I have to click on the email to see who it is from now. I cannot figure out how to get that field back now that I have done this. I have looked in a few places in Outlook to see if I could figure it out, but to no avail I have not figured it out. Any help would be appreciated. Right-click on the bar and add it back, or choose Customize Current View. Choose Fields, add the From field back. ...

How to get rid of pop-up question boxes (form fields) in Word 2007
I am creating a template for Word 2007 based on a customized Word 2003 template. When I double-click the .dotx file to open a new file based on the template, I get several boxes asking me for document name, etc. (These were pertinent to the 2003 template but are no longer needed.) Are these form fields? How do I delete them? I have the Developer tab enabled and have looked in the Controls group but can't figure out how to get rid of existing form fields. Thanks, FinnLisa Please see replies in your previous thread on this subject. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MV...

SP3 Install Problems
I have copied SP3 to a cd-r and then went to the pos computer running Store Ops (no online access) to install SP3. I got an error message Looking for another CD. Can SP3 be copied to a system from a cd. chucky8822, It might be looking for the original MRMS install disk. Try copying the Microsoft Retail Management System Store Operations.msi file to the disk if you only have Store Operations installed on this machine. If you have HQ, copy the 2 .msi files from the HQ disk too. -- * "chucky8822" <chucky8822@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A577019E-BF7F-...

initial post on possible problem with csv files
I don't have all the info yet but before I spend any time on this is there any known issues with Excel 2002 sp2 opening .csv files incorrectly? I have a report of a csv file opening fine in excel 97 but the same file is not formatted correctly when opened in Excel 2002 sp2... apparently all data gets stuffed into one column instead of it correctly separating columns according to the comma delimited file. any info would be greatly appreciated.. thanks. Maybe it's not excel that's really at fault. You may want to look at your regional settings and make sure that the separator in...

Final Problems
Alright. Getting closer and closer to the full instal of CRM onto our network, and there are only two hurdles left. The first error message I am getting, during the install, states "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.". The second error, agian during the install, "Setup cannot connect to the Microsoft CRM server. This might indicate that the server is down." Any helpful hints to get this thing fully installed? thanks, Chris Hi Chris, I am assuming that you are installing the CRM outlook client. you might already look into this but ju...

Convert Excel to Word
How can I convert an Excel Workbook with multiple sheets into a .doc format document? John, To my knowledge, you cannot perform a straight conversion from Excel to Word. However, there are two things that you can do. 1. Open Word, then within word, click File > Open > Under "files of type" click All. Find the Excel file and click. An option box will apear to ask if you want to open the entire workbook, or just one page. The result is messy at best 2. Open Word to a blank document, and copy the excel portion that you need and paste special it into word as an excel worksheet...

Chart problem.
I have a chart that plots body mass index, ie value on y axis, and dates on x axis. I have also added a second category x as I have divided the chart into horizonatl zones with different colors (ie underweight, overweight etc). Things work fine except that when I plot, for instance, three dates (Jan 1, Feb 1, March 1). The Jan point is right on the left side Y axis, the Feb is mid way across the chart, and the March is on the other end of the chart (right Y axis) I'd like to narrow down the spaces between each data point, and also have some space at the beginning of the chart ...

problem erasing CD-RW disc
Hello, I need to erase a CD-RW I use the follwing code: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsopticalplatform/thread/709d5658-6581-4dbc-8357-778cf052afe9 But I get this error: 0xC0AA090B E_IMAPI_ERASE_CLIENT_NAME_IS_NOT_VALID This obviously means: "The client name is not valid" http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc835244(VS.85).aspx But what is "The client" ? And what may cause this error? How could I use VBS to erase a RW CD or DVD? I use XP SP2 Thank you ...

Cannot save Passwords problem
Hello. Having problems with saved passwords. Outlook 2003 and IE8 wouldn't save passwords. I have tried the following without success: kb en us 290684 Reverting to IE7 I loaded Google Chrome and it wont save either. Any further ideas? Would creating a new user be an option? Thanks ...

Report Problem
-- Hansford D. Cornett ...

Problems again
When iI finshed last night, Money 2005 was working fine. Went to it tonight to update accounts - no longer can do so, again. Go to manage online banking - again, TD Canada Trust and BMO are not listed. Go to the "See the financial institions Money Supports" and both are listed. I just cannot get them into the list on my program. How do I do it? Barry ...

Converting a Publisher file to a word document
I need to email my publisher file to a client who does not have the publisher program. How can I convert my Publisher file to a Word document When I click save as and select *.doc I get a meassage that says the file type I have selected only supports text. Ajoy, This is why pdf is so popular. Mike Ajoy wrote: > I need to email my publisher file to a client who does not have the publisher program. How can I convert my Publisher file to a Word document? > > When I click save as and select *.doc I get a meassage that says the file type I have selected only supports text. You ca...

VPC- Customization export problem
Hi, I'm trying to export customizations of CRM 4.0 (using the MS VPC image) to a stand alone system (onpremise). Export is failing with a message stating the language conversion failed and it says 1031, 1036, and 3082 are not supported on the production machine. VPC has German language pack and in the Settings -> Languages section three languages were enabled. Disabled those languages and did a fresh export, still no use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Keshav On 18 d=E9c, 22:42, keshav...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm trying to export customizations of CRM 4.0...

Turn Off Updating of Ref Fields in Word 2007
I have a document that someone used Ref fields to link to bookmarked figures and hyperlinked them to the paragragh thus inserting a copy of the figure everywhere they inserted the field. I unlinked the extra graphics from the paragraph but not from the actual text e.g. "Figure VII 2-2." Now the document has updated all of the fields and reinserted the figures back in. If it was one or two no big deal but we are talking about probably 75-100 extra graphics being inserted into the document. I need to turn off the Auto Updating of Fields on Save or whenever the heck i...

WM_PAINT problem
Hi I have this function for my dialog box (it's a project based on dialog box): void CDialogBarCopy::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting dc.SetBkColor(RGB(212,208,200)); dc.SetTextColor(RGB(255,0,0)); CFont *m_Font1 = new CFont; m_Font1->CreatePointFont(260, "Garamond"); dc.SelectObject(m_Font1); if(LecteurEnd == 1) { dc.TextOut(19, 37, "test"); } } If I delete the if condition "if(LecteurEnd == 1)", this code work good, but I want to do it just when my variable "LecteurEnd" is set to 1. When I set the varia...

How to solve this problem? #2
I write two program,one is that create ODBC-link to access and register two control:MS ADO Data and MS DataGrid automaticly,another is to display database,look: BOOL CAutoDlg::OnInitDialog() { SQLConfigDataSource(NULL,ODBC_ADD_DSN,"Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)\0", \ "DSN=LeadLink\0 DESCRIPTION=For Lead ODBC Link\0 DBQ=RS485.mdb\0 FIL=Microsoft \ Access\0 default="); CString OcxFileName; HINSTANCE hLib; FARPROC lpDllEntryPoint; OcxFileName="MSADODC.OCX"; hLib = LoadLibrary(OcxFileName); if (hLib==NULL) { AfxMessageBox("Error"); } lpDllEntryPo...

PDF from Word 2004 document with TOC links
Is it still impossible to generate a PDF from a large Word document in Word 2004 and retain the cross-reference TOC links, etc? I understand that Word X had that limitation and only the Windows version of MS Word can create the full PDFs that retain the links and cross references. (Something about missing APIs, whatever they are.) I see that Word 2004 is still hobbled that way. Is there any relief in sight, or do I have to buy a Windows version of Word that will work in SoftWindows 98? Thanks in advance. --- Please remove NOSPAM to reply privately if you are so inclined, ramoncNOSPAM ...

Two-Column problem
Using Arrange, Layout Guides, I set up Publisher 2002 with two columns per page and with two master pages with mirrored guides. For the first 11 pages, text flowed as expected. That is, each new pair of pages had two textboxes per page. But now, when I add a pair of pages, Publisher gives me guides for two columns per page but gives me only one page-wide textbox per page, not two. How do I force Publisher to give me two textboxes per page, as it did for the first 11 pages? (I might be missing something obvious. I haven't used Publisher in several years.) Thanks. Charley After mana...

Problem: Email Body becomes attachment in Text-only email client
We recently noticed CRM emails read via our University's web-based, text-only email client have the message body show up as an "unknown" attachment. This requires the student to open this attachment to read the email. It didn't always work this way, so I am trying to figure out if this is related to the upgrade from version 3 to 4 of CRM, a later rollup, or an "upgrade" to the University's text-only web-based email client? The email is viewable just fine is email client's that support html rendering. Anyone else seen this before? Any ideas on how ...

Outlook 2003 email editor and Word 2003
Hello everyone. I have a client who is having a problem with outlook and word. When she opens an email and tries to reply using Word editor through Outlook she gets an error. "Microsoft Word is set to be your email editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version of Outlook. The Outlook email-will be used instead. When she does type an email on Outlook, spell check tool does not spell check her words/sentence. Also, when she opens word and tries to type something, words/sentences don't appear on the document. I've reinstalled office...

CWinapp::onExitInstance
this is about using a dll i have made in another language. called from a MFC dll that has an instance of CwinApp i have a dll i programemd in delphi.. it uses indyTcp server, it has exported DLL methods to starting, and stopping the server which including freeing classes etc, sets TCpserver.active to true and false i am calling this dll from microsoft visual C++ (using loadlibrary, get procaddress) this is working fine, i can turn on the server, it behaves how i want, and i can turn it off. and everything gets unloaded from memory fine, if i call the turnoffserver methods in the delphi dll d...

Problem with Filegroups and Indexes
Hi all I have two filegroups (DATA and INDEX). I create a new table on filegroup DATA and a PrimaryKey Constraint (NONCLUSTERED) on filegroup INDEX. This works fine, the table is on filegroup DATA and the Index on filegroup INDEX. When I now add a clustered Index (to filegroup INDEX), the filegroup of the table is changed to INDEX ... Does somebody know why this happens ?? Thanks a lot and best regards Frank Uray Hi Frank The leaf level of a clustered index IS the data. You cannot have a clustered index separate from the data, so wherever you build the clustered inde...

CANNOT open document in Word 97
Was always able to open a .doc, but suddenly, I get: "Word cannot open the document...Try File, Open or ensure has .doc extension." How can I check that it has a .doc extension? And why would this suddenly occur? From where did you obtain the document that you cannot open? How are you trying to open it? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><&...

Problems with merged cells
I have merged a fair few cells so that I can enter paragraphs, once I type past a certain point it wont bring up everything I have entered in the cell, it cuts half of it off & it wont print it either, but when i click on the cell all the information is there......can anyone help me out with this??? Excel has limitations (see link below). Cells will show up to 1024 characters, but up to 32,767 will appear in the formula bar. Printing.. maybe it has a 1024 character limit too. (Just because you're using merged cells doesn't mean you get more characters - they're ...