Printing text and pictures on Office for Mac 2004

I am using Office for Mac 2004.   When I tried to insert a picture in a
word document and choose text wrap, it looks fine in word format.   But
when I clicked print prevview, I cannot see the picture, and I cannot
print it.   However, if I just insert a picture, there is no problem.

I cannot use the wizard function to print envelope.  I have to set my
page in envelope format, and then type in details.

I must have changed some settings by mistake, because I could do those
things before.

Can anyone help??

0
skho (6)

Check Word | Preferences | Print, and make sure "drawing objects" is
checked.  Having it unchecked would account for both issues described.
Tools | Envelopes uses a text box to put the address in, and text boxes are
drawing objects.  A picture with text wrap is a drawing object, though a
picture set to "in line with text" isn't (I think).

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
10/20/2006 3:37:12 PM
Thanks for your help.  It worked!!
Daiya Mitchell wrote:
> Check Word | Preferences | Print, and make sure "drawing objects" is
> checked.  Having it unchecked would account for both issues described.
> Tools | Envelopes uses a text box to put the address in, and text boxes are
> drawing objects.  A picture with text wrap is a drawing object, though a
> picture set to "in line with text" isn't (I think).
>

> On 10/20/06 7:31 AM,  "lawengin" wrote:
>
> > I am using Office for Mac 2004.   When I tried to insert a picture in a
> > word document and choose text wrap, it looks fine in word format.   But
> > when I clicked print prevview, I cannot see the picture, and I cannot
> > print it.   However, if I just insert a picture, there is no problem.
> >
> > I cannot use the wizard function to print envelope.  I have to set my
> > page in envelope format, and then type in details.
> >
> > I must have changed some settings by mistake, because I could do those
> > things before.
> >
> > Can anyone help??
> >

> --
> Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
> Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
> MacWord Tips: <http://word.mvps.org/Mac/WordMacHome.html>
> What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
skho (6)

Import large text file
Hi, Which options do I have to import a text file to Excel, with more than 200.000 records. Thanks Luis Hi Luis, Did you try opening the file from Excel (file,open) then after going through the file import wizard and you have what you want you can use file, save as, ...) Since you are not used to this suggest you start with a copy of your flat text file. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "L. A. M." ...

printing copies

wrap text in a chart data table #2
Hi, Im have created a graph, which ive had no problem, but i when i click the option to "show data table" i cannot get the titles to wrap to the box, i have searched but i cannot find an option to wrap the text as i need it for a presentation. I do not want to just simply alter the font size if possible. Is there anyway of doing this? ...

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Number to Text Value
Hey, I have data coming from Access via ODBC with a value of 0 (NO) or 1 (YES) from a tickbox in Access. Is there a way I can covert these 0 & 1's to a text word in excel in another column. 0 = NO or FALSE 1 = YES OR TRUE Thanks in Advance. "=?Utf-8?B?S1lNTw==?=" <KYMO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:C7FAFC78-67BA-4747-905D-497AF99727DB@microsoft.com: > Hey, > > I have data coming from Access via ODBC with a value of 0 (NO) or 1 > (YES) from a tickbox in Access. > > Is there a way I can covert these 0 & 1's to a text word ...

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

"Tiled" print setting.

Can not Display Russian Text
How do I display Russian text? When I receive an e-mail from friends in Russia, the text in jumbled and unreadable. This isn't because I can not read Russian but the display of the text is not correct. How do I fix this. I am using Windows XP Pro and I have already included the Russian text in the control panel options, the only thing I can think of it might be Outlook, can onyone help? Hy, have you installed the whole Russian language from the Office CD? >-----Original Message----- >How do I display Russian text? When I receive an e-mail >from friends in Russia,...

CHtmlView and Printing

Disappearing Combobox Text
Just opened up a number of existing databases and found the same problem in each. It is not possible to see the list of options in a ComboBox although the list is there. It is as if the fore colour is white and the back colour is white. If you select one of the options the text then appears in the control, black text on a white back ground. As a quick test i have created a new form and inserted a combobox, again the details of the options is not visible although the selected option text appears in the control after i make a random selection. I have checked all the visibility and colou...

Removing text from part of a field
Good morning, I have a table with a field that contains the following: PAGE_03 PAGE_03A PAGE_01 I need to create a query that can remove the text "PAGE_0" from the field. Thanks, Fred Mid([YourFieldName],7) -- Rick B "fgwiii" <fgwiii@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C998F7AD-B562-48E7-8F23-4AB58D7E0657@microsoft.com... > Good morning, > > I have a table with a field that contains the following: > PAGE_03 > PAGE_03A > PAGE_01 > > I need to create a query that can remove the text "PAGE_0" from the field. &...

Excel and Open Office #2
I have made a Excel file with many worksheets. Of which i have protected and hidden some of the worksheets. I works fine in the windows. But in Open Office (Linux) all the hidden files also gets opened. which is a security breach. any workarounds? not to display the hidden worksheet in Open office. Kindly help This was a duplicate thread, the original was posted twelve minutes before this thread was started. Please refer to your original posting/thread. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=6D8216FA-78F8-4212-8B74-1465897492F5%40microsoft.com Don't know if the link will ...

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Sections of Text Being Marked as Figures
When I add and position images in a Word 2007 document, it will (apparently randomly) decide that some sections of text are figures. They can be edited as usual, but this messes up the automatic figure numbering in image captions. If the document has an automatically updating field for the figures, it will insert the whole body of text that it thinks is a figure into the table (this is sometimes several paragraphs). Deleting and re-typing the text does not seem to help (this can also be very time-consuming to re-type several sections that add up to a few pages in larger docu...

Text vs. Number
Why is is that if I have a tab-deliminated file or csv file that I open in excel the following happens: If the field has twelve digits (a UPC code) -- say 068888701648 -- that when it gets into the Excel spreadsheet is drops the front zero and calls it a number. I don't want that to happen. Also when I export to a csv file I want the field to be a text field -- "068888701648" -- as opposed to a number. This is the reason. What I've been doing up to this point is creating a custom format -- 000000000000 -- twelve digits. Most UPC codes have a zero at...

converting column of text to text box for repetitive records
Hi, I have a spreadsheet which contains employee information including job skills. My problem is that each skill (cook,candlemaker, etc.)creates a new row for that employee, duplicating fields that don't change, name, ss#,etc with the only new info in the row being the skill Like this: Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,cook Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,candlemaker What I want is 1 row for each employee with the last column containing all the skills in a text box or separated by commas. Is there an easy way to do this in Excel? Or even Access? Thanks, Clark --- Outgoing mail is certifie...

Office 2004
Purchased Office v.X 2003 upgrade from 2001 in January 2004 with provision that Office 2004 can be obtained for free when available. In trying to install Office 2003 according to instructions in "Setting Up Microsoft Office v.X, Step 2, the Setup Assistant menu "personalize" appears. Here is where you are to enter personal information and CD key. However, this menu did not appear, so information could not be entered. I do not know if installation actually took place. When going into an application, Word and About, the Office 2001 Product ID appears, not the Office 2003...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Exchange 2003 OWA & OMA and ISA 2004
Dear all, A customer wants us to implement OWA & OMA protected by an ISA 2004 (std) server. Their current network infrastructure consists of an internal network with a working Outlook/Exchange 2003 messaging environment and a DMZ with firewall. They already are using SMTP to send/receive mail to/from the Internet. Does anyone know what steps to take regarding configuration of Exchange & installation, placement (back end firewall?) and configuration of ISA 2004? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Olivier http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/isa/2004/pl...