printing #5

Version: v.X
Processor: Intel

Why won't a document with bullets in it print in 10.6? Any line with a bullet in front of it doesn't print rather the printer stops at the first such line and ejects the page
0
altaguy (4)

On 9/29/09 3:14 PM, in article 59b7d8b0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"altaguy@officeformac.com" <altaguy@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: v.X
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
> Processor: Intel
>
> Why won't a document with bullets in it print in 10.6? Any line with a bullet
> in front of it doesn't print rather the printer stops at the first such line
> and ejects the page
Make sure your print drivers are up to date. I'm certain that this is not an
Office or 10.6 issue.

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

0
bob6686 (387)
9/29/2009 8:14:33 PM
Bob Greenblatt <bob@nospam.com> wrote:

> > Why won't a document with bullets in it print in 10.6? Any line with a
bullet
> > in front of it doesn't print rather the printer stops at the first such line
> > and ejects the page
> Make sure your print drivers are up to date. I'm certain that this is not an
> Office or 10.6 issue.

I would also make really really sure there is no corrupted or duplicate
font.
Font Book can help you in this respect.

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)

Are there any updates for Office X that I am missing and where can I find out?
0
altaguy (4)
10/8/2009 4:14:53 AM
I can't answer your question very effectively since you splashed down in a
dead thread without providing any information about what your current
configuration is. All I can tell you is that 10.1.9 is the most current
update for v.X so if you don't have that you aren't up to date.

If you look in the program name menu of any Office app & select the About
[program] it will indicate what your current update level is. If it isn't
10.1.9 go to the Help menu & select Check for Updates.

If that doesn't resolve the problem please submit a NEW message stating all
particulars & details specific to your situation... And is it just the one
document or do you have printing problems with others as well?

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/8/09 12:14 AM, in article 59b7d8b0.2@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"altaguy@officeformac.com" <altaguy@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I have installed all the Epspn printer updates that I can find and checked
> with Font book for duplicate fonts and yet I have a document that prints half
> and stops. Then when I highlight and ask the printer to print the selection (
> the part unprinted) it does so. However, when it does so the hyperlink in
> there is printed as {HYPERLINK "mailto:and the email address" } in black and
> not the colored print.
>
> Are there any updates for Office X that I am missing and where can I find out?

Yesterday I posted the following situation:
I have installed all the Epspn printer updates that I can find and checked
with Font book for duplicate fonts and yet I have a document that prints half
and stops. Then when I highlight and ask the printer to print the selection (
the part unprinted) it does so. However, when it does so the hyperlink in
there is printed as {HYPERLINK "mailto:and the email address" } in black and
not the colored print.

Are there any updates for Office X that I am missing and where can I find out?

however, I apologize for not including the config of my Mac:
Macbook Pro 5,4
OS 10.6.1
Epson CX9400Fax printer with driver v 8.02

I am just now updating Word x to 10.1.9
0
altaguy (4)
10/8/2009 9:18:51 PM
The 10.1.9 update is the last one -- there will be no more as Office v.X was
deprecated more than a year ago. If you're just getting around to applying
the 10.1.9 update it may help resolve the current problem but...

Keep in mind that you're attempting to use software which was hastily ported
from Office 2001 (designed for the Classic Mac OS) in order to coincide with
the release of OS X 10.0 on a version of the operating system which is 6
generations removed from the original. Additionally, Snow Leopard is
designed for strictly Intel-based Macs whereas the Classic software was
structured for the Motorola architecture.

It's also possible that you're dealing with a corrupt document. Let us know
how you make out after the updating is complete.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/8/09 5:18 PM, in article 59b7d8b0.4@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
> [...]

> > not the colored print.
> >
> > Are there any updates for Office X that I am missing and where can I find out?
> >
> > however, I apologize for not including the config of my Mac:
> > Macbook Pro 5,4
> > OS 10.6.1
> > Epson CX9400Fax printer with driver v 8.02
> >
> > I am just now updating Word x to 10.1.9
>
> Once all the software had been installed, (and I realize that it is nearing its useful term) I found that it still wouldn't print in its entirety. Then I discovered that when I attempt to highlight the whole document, there was one small section that would not highlight. Once I deleted that part and re-entered it the document printed. However, I have not had this sort of problem until I put snow leopard on and yes I will attribute it to the different architecture used.
Thanks for all your time and advice
0
altaguy (4)

tiny gray squares on left side of sheet on start up printing
when I first start printing my new template, the frist sheet out has nothing on it but four or five tiny gray squares vertically on the left side of the sheet. Then it prints the template as designed..why? 'Tiny gray squares' generally indicate unprintable characters, at th start of a document could be incorrect printer (instruction) codes. Check that you have the correct printer definition, and that the Heade (File, Page Setup, Header/Footer) has no odd characters. crazy241 Wrote: > when I first start printing my new template, the frist sheet out ha > nothing > on it b...

Print PP pres from Access
my code doesn't always do what I want... I want to print preview a presentation from within Access: Private Sub CmdPrint1_Click() Dim pres As PowerPoint.Presentation, stPath As String stPath = "S:\Training\Compliance-20090715.pptx" Set myPP = New PowerPoint.Application myPP.WindowState = ppWindowMinimized Set pres = myPP.Presentations.Open(stPath) pres.PrintOut pres.Close Set myPP = Nothing End Sub ...

OWA on Exchange 5.5.
About every 3 days, certain mailboxes cannot login to OWA without me having to reboot the server. Also, these mailboxes do not close out from Outlook 2000 when working in my LAN. Does anybody know what could be causing this? If anyone in your organization has opened their mailbox with Outlook 2003, this can cause cdo issues which will hang your inetinfo process. There is a Q article on this and a downloadable patch. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://mvps.org "Jason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

ASP 0115 error with OWA and 5.5
All, I recieve this error when trying to log into my exchange server. The server is NT4.0 sp6 and exchange 5.5 SP4 Below is the error message. Any help would be greatly apprecitated. error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error /exchange/USA/root.asp A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running. "Jim Potter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043901c3c319$0e773d00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > All, > I recieve this error when trying to log into my exchange > server. > The server is NT4.0 sp6 and excha...

Excel Printing Problem
Apologies if this is an obvious one: In Excel 97 when printing multimple documents, only 1 document prints A few minutes Excel crashes. <p>I have uninstalled and reinstalled Excel. Have tried Excel 2000 als but with same issue. Have updated antivirus and ran full scan in saf mode. Can anyone help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements ...

Find print area
I have a data set with varying range. The maximum column limits are A and AB. There is no upper limit for number of rows but data set starts from the 23rd row. I want a macro to find the last nonempty row and column and return their position. So in the end it would choose this area as a "Print_Area". For example: If the last filled column is Z and the last filled row is 2876, I want the macro to return Z2876. So I would set A23:Z2876 as the print area. Please help meee!!! ActiveSheet.Cells.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Address HTH, -- Gary Brown gary_brown@ge_NOSPAM.com If this po...

Borderless printing with Canon I9900 in MS Publisher?
I need to do borderless printing with a Canon I9900 in MS Publisher. I'll gladly pay a consulting fee to get my problem solved. If it's easier to call, my cellphone is (914) 318-6766. Best regards, Dolf dolfnjudy@aol.com One of the posters here remarked that in order to get borderless printing on her printer she needed to change the file to an image. (I think that is what she stated). -- Don Vancouver USA "DolfnJudy" <DolfnJudy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FC2A234-E509-4C95-8A37-2E361BCBDDF3@microsoft.com... >I need to do borderl...

Printing wallet size calendars
Hi group! I would like to use the wallet size calendar template in Publisher 2007, but when I look at the print preview, it looks like it will print only one wallet size calendar per page. How does one get multiple calendars on a sheet? Thanks, Christine File, Print setup, select multiple pages per sheet. There is a print preview on this screen. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Christine" <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E69EA57-C101-4AF7-9A49-39919EA1EB03@microsoft.com... > Hi group! > > I would like to use the wallet size c...

Exchange 5.0
I have Exchange 5 on a win2k server. The first partiton is filling and I want to move the database to the 2nd partition. What are the risks involved in this unique procedure and what is the best way to do it. If you can direct me to detailed instructions, I would be most delighted. On 5 Oct 2006 07:27:58 -0700, shawn@phatspot.com wrote: >I have Exchange 5 on a win2k server. The first partiton is filling and >I want to move the database to the 2nd partition. What are the risks >involved in this unique procedure and what is the best way to do it. If >you can direct me to detailed ...

How do I make my spread sheet print at full size?
My spread sheet has somehow resized itself to print at about 1/8 of the print preview - fills approximately 1/8 of the page - I cannot find a place to instruct it to print full size that works. Hi goto 'File - Pagesetup' and choose the scale of your printout -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "City of Churdan" <CityofChurdan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:865ECE39-764D-4E5C-883F-CB12412F9ED0@microsoft.com... > My spread sheet has somehow resized itself to print at about 1/8 of the print > preview - fills approximately 1/8 of the...

How to print Publisher poster 1000cm x 1200cm on HP designjet T110
Trying to print poster at reduced size for checking but it clips the image, does not reduce the entire page Try printing it to PDF then paper print the PDF file. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Newmandownunder" <Newmandownunder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4817459D-20E7-46AE-8B5A-3FDF5A631E15@microsoft.com... > Trying to print poster at reduced size for checking but it clips the > image, > does not reduce the entire page ...

Exchange 5.5 #34
I have taken over a new position and they have had no luck in the past with sucessful incremental backups of the system. In the light of things, the previous administrator deleted a known viable user account from Exchange administrator. Since then, is there a way to just restore that single account from a known first full backup. Also where are the mailboxes stored? I thought they were in the Inetpub folder within the exchange folder? Any assistance would assist.. Thanks David "David" <dabrobst@verizon.net> wrote: >I have taken over a new position and they have h...

Print same column headings on each page
In Page Setup, Sheet tab, under Print titles, both the "Rows to repeat at top" and "Columns to repeat at left" boxes are greyed out and unavailable. Any clues? If you access Page Setup from the Print Preview, those commands aren't available. Close the Print Prieview and go in to the Setup option from the file menu tj >-----Original Message----- >In Page Setup, Sheet tab, under Print titles, both the "Rows to repeat at top" and "Columns to repeat at left" boxes are greyed out and unavailable. Any clues? >. Vino I don't know why the...

Labels keep slipping down when printing
We have Access 2007. I've created a Labels report, for simple Avery Return address labels, 8167 (template 5167). The very first label prints perfectly, but every label after that is off. I've tried changing the column spacing, margins, printing accross vs down... everything I can think of. Even using the Avery 5167 or 8167 choice from the menu, I had to change the settings slightly. We have a Samsung CLX-3170 printer. I give up. Anyone have this problem or have any suggestions?? Thanks in advance for your help or thoughts. Marty I would confirm the detail height is...

How to print a graph/document using Metafile ?
Hi, I have an MFC code written for printing a graph/document from my application to the printer directly. It is identifying the printer, and the document gets initialised in the printer spool, but it is not printing. When i check the data size of the spool document it shows 0 bytes!. As the same time, if i try to paste manually the data on Paint, I am getting the required output in paint. ( ie. data is available on the Clipboard but not getting printed) Can anybody help me in resolving this at the earliest. Thanks in advance. /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////...

"print notes for task or appointments":
When you setup a meeting, appointment or task on the calender, there is a space for notes... How can I print or display these on the calendar? if you use the Day/Week/month view with autopreview, you'll see the notes in the calendar, as space permits. Ie if the time scale is 30 min and you have a 2 hr appointment, there is more space for the notes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

printing high resolutions in brochures
When I print my brochures in Publisher they are pixelized even tho the file is imported at 1.2 MB. Why is this? Are you resizing the images in Publisher? Resolution determines printing quality, not the size. Do you have the latest driver for your printer? Publisher is more demanding on printers than most other products. Have you used another application to print the images? Do the images print okay? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "danabanana" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Print Area Printing
Greetings; I want to print two columns. I have selected 10 rows on one column, held the control key down and select the corrisponding rows on a column about 10 columns over on the worksheet. ex: column A and Column L, rows 10 - 20 respectfully. I have then gone to the file, print area, set print area. fine to this point. I then got to print preview and seen the areas to print are sellected althouth 10 columns apart.... I then sellect pint and the two columns print on two different pages. Is there any way to get the two columns to print next to each other on the same piece of paper (...

msmoney 5.0
Hi, I did read earlier postings and do realise you're all gonna dislike this question ;-) About 6 years ago I bought a PC .. it was pre-installed with msmoney 5.0 A few weeks ago I bought a new PC ... I managed to relocate all needed programs and files ... except msmoney 5.0 !!!!! I already found out .. it's not possible to relocate this program ... but because my husband is dyslectic, and capable to work with this prog. I'm having a urge to retain ( and being capable to proceed) msmoney 5.0 Is there anyone who can tell me how to get it ?? With lots of excuses Yas ;-) ...

Large Document Size when printing
I am printing out a two sided newsletter on legal paper with a mail merge. Each document size is 11 MB when spooling to the printer. Publisher seems to send one mail merged document at a time to the printer. It takes several hours to print out 300 copies on my HP 2605dn Laser Printer. Is this document size normal for a 2 sided document? You can view a pdf version of the document here: http://www.topekajayhawkclub.com/Newsletters/pdf_files/Topeka_Jayhawk_Club_Newsletter_07-05.pdf This does not reflect the mail merge info, only a version for printing from the web. What version Publisher are ...

Microsoft Outlook Express 5 sound problems
I have used wave files in the past, as background music for my emails....now, I can attach the sound file, but it doesn't play in the background like it used to. There is nothing wrong with my sound card or speakers, etc. I can hear my midis, waves, mp3's when I play them. The problem is just with adding waves or midis as background music in outlook express. They won't play anymore as background music as they used to. Please help.... thank you very much ...

Publisher prints booklets upside down
I just bought a duplex print add-on for my HP Office Jet 6110 so I can print out my product catalogs on both sides of a page. I'm using Publisher 2002 and trying to print out a booklet (catalog) of products double sided. It does two products on one side of a page and two on the other. You then fold it in half and have a complete catalog. The problem is that some pages are printing upside down on one side, and the page numbering doesn't work. Is this a problem with my catalog or my printer? Ed B. buch75@comcast.net There is a driver on the HP site with an April, 2004 timestamp, a...

Page Set-Up
I usually make prints using B4 paper. I set up the page margins at .3 inches. When I layout a page, I always make sure the content is inside the margins, and until now everything has been fine. Now, in some of my files even if a text box or image is aligned exactly on right hand margin, it prints about an inch from the right edge of the paper instead of .3 inches. In fact, I can place an image or text box exactly on the edge of the paper, or even place it so it appears to be extending off the paper onto the scratch area, and it still prints. Less than 3 weeks ago, I did a clean instal...

Publisher 2007 cannot print quarterfold cards
MS Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 Intel Core 2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz, 2.0GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS Printer: Canon MP 980 I get this message: Publisher cannot complete the operation. I reinstalled the driver, but it still won't print the quarter fold cards. Thank you for any suggestions Do you get an error number or a detail button? When you re-installed your driver, did you completely remove the driver first? Many times a re-install will not overwrite corrupted files. How to clean up printer drivers http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm There is a printer driv...

Printing Attachments with Email Messages
When I select email messages (with attachments) to print, all the email messages are printed first and then all the attachments together. I have to go back and try to figure out which attachment goes with which email message. Is there a way for it to print message/attachment/message/attachment so that the attachment is right after the message to which it applies? ...