Print closes applications

In office & Acrobat, I select the print from the file drop down menu. As
soon as I select it, it shuts down the application & produces an error log
file. I have reinstalled the printer, updated drivers, this is a new thing
as of Friday. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

I would start by repairing permissions and if that doesn't work use Disk
Warrior.

Here's a list of general troubleshooting for Mac OSX
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/troubleshooting.html

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

Erik Hendricks wrote:
> In office & Acrobat, I select the print from the file drop down menu. As
> soon as I select it, it shuts down the application & produces an error log
> file. I have reinstalled the printer, updated drivers, this is a new thing
> as of Friday. Any help would be appreciated.

0
goldkey74 (611)
1/16/2006 4:54:02 PM
Hi Erik-

I doubt anyone can give you a specific response with out knowing more
about which version of Word/Office, Acrobat, Mac OS, etc.

In general, what might have 'changed' prior to the behavior that may
have caused it? Did you update to OS X 10.4.4 or make any other changes
to the system or software?

Regards |:>)

On 1/16/06 11:56 AM, in article
1137430597.408901.152680@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, "CyberTaz"
<generaltaz1@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi Erik-
>
> I doubt anyone can give you a specific response with out knowing more
> about which version of Word/Office, Acrobat, Mac OS, etc.
>
> In general, what might have 'changed' prior to the behavior that may
> have caused it? Did you update to OS X 10.4.4 or make any other changes
> to the system or software?
>
> Regards |:>)

Thanks, Using Office 2004, Acrobat 7 and just updated to 10.4.4.I have now
removed all printers from the Printer list, only Adobe PDF 7.0 is visible
and now when I choose print none of the applications close. I will repair
the permissions, then try Disk Warrior. Thanks for the help.

Glad you're making progress. If you have DW it won't hurt to run it,
but I doubt it is necessary for this. Just make sure you re-install
your printer according to 'the book', then repair permissions again.

Good Luck |:>)

On 1/16/06 11:54 AM, in article OHmb11rGGHA.532@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, "Jim
Gordon MVP" <goldkey74@WarmerThanWarmMail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would start by repairing permissions and if that doesn't work use Disk
> Warrior.
>
> Here's a list of general troubleshooting for Mac OSX
> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/troubleshooting.html
>
> -Jim
Thanks Jim. I have deleted the files in that were suggested. Problem still
exists. Is there a file in the ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft  that I can
delete that are related to the printers? I can get the first job to print to
the HP5500N, as soon as I open a new file &  hit print , it shut down the
application...word, excel, safari.
Thanks

On 1/16/06 4:48 PM, in article
BFF17EF4.4DC4%erik_hendricks@marlynproductions.com, "Erik Hendricks"
<erik_hendricks@marlynproductions.com> wrote:

> On 1/16/06 11:54 AM, in article OHmb11rGGHA.532@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, "Jim
> Gordon MVP" <goldkey74@WarmerThanWarmMail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would start by repairing permissions and if that doesn't work use Disk
>> Warrior.
>>
>> Here's a list of general troubleshooting for Mac OSX
>> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/troubleshooting.html
>>
>> -Jim
> Thanks Jim. I have deleted the files in that were suggested. Problem still
> exists. Is there a file in the ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft  that I can
> delete that are related to the printers? I can get the first job to print to
> the HP5500N, as soon as I open a new file &  hit print , it shut down the
> application...word, excel, safari.
> Thanks

I friend of mine suggested that I go to the Library,printers,PPD Plugins and
delete all files. Print issues appear to have disappeared. Thanks for your
help.

On 18/1/06 2:03 AM, in article
BFF27187.4DE3%erik_hendricks@marlynproductions.com, "Erik Hendricks"
<erik_hendricks@marlynproductions.com> wrote:

> On 1/16/06 4:48 PM, in article
> BFF17EF4.4DC4%erik_hendricks@marlynproductions.com, "Erik Hendricks"
> <erik_hendricks@marlynproductions.com> wrote:
>
>> On 1/16/06 11:54 AM, in article OHmb11rGGHA.532@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, "Jim
>> Gordon MVP" <goldkey74@WarmerThanWarmMail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would start by repairing permissions and if that doesn't work use Disk
>>> Warrior.
>>>
>>> Here's a list of general troubleshooting for Mac OSX
>>> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/troubleshooting.html
>>>
>>> -Jim
>> Thanks Jim. I have deleted the files in that were suggested. Problem still
>> exists. Is there a file in the ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft  that I can
>> delete that are related to the printers? I can get the first job to print to
>> the HP5500N, as soon as I open a new file &  hit print , it shut down the
>> application...word, excel, safari.
>> Thanks
>>

> I friend of mine suggested that I go to the Library,printers,PPD Plugins and
> delete all files. Print issues appear to have disappeared. Thanks for your
> help.

Thanks for taking the time to give us all that useful feedback, Erik!

Clive Huggan
============

when generate monthly report money 2003 reports error and close automatically
I am running money 2003 on my windows xp for over a year, never has a problem but until today. When I try to generate the monthly report for June, there is popup error message saying that the program has encountered some problems and needs to close and whether I want to send those technical error details to MS, and besides this I got an option to check it if I want money to reopen. The program still able to generate monthly reports for previous months and even the month in progress but not June! Can someone point me the direction to rectify this problem ( I have tried to uninstall and reinsta...

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Update link on vlookup from closed excel file
Hi, I wonder ais there any vba codes available to run the update link on vlookup formula from a closed excel file as there are number of rows using vlookup formula in 8 columns have to be manually updated the links each time when there is a change of data in the source file =VLOOKUP($A7,'C:\My Documents\P\ManagementAcct\Apr10\PAY\[KSW PL Co compare1.Apr''10.xlsSheet(1)]P&L - COMPANY (compare 1)'!$A$3:$O $60,2,FALSE) Any help will be much appreciated and thanks in advance Regards Len Did you try the followup suggestion at your other thread? Len wrote: ...

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Float window in MDI application
Hi! I write a MDI application to show large images. I also need a windows to show the overview of whole image. I dont know the best way to do it. One thought is build a spliter window, but that will waste some space. Because the overview is small, for example 128*128, when take a vertical splitter the remaider space (640-128)*128 will be wasted. Another is Draw the detail image and then draw the overview on left upper corner in OnDraw. But in my application, the image is draw by tile, not in once, so this method can't be accepted. Third I think is best. A float window always on top of imag...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Printing problem

Print a report without displaying print preview
Hi, Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report WITHOUT it also previewing. I'm using 2007 I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is chosen to print). This works great, and prints the relevant report for the the associated record, however when you click the print button it also displays the print preview and doesn't close it again. This means that until the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is clicked....

Currency to Print
Is there a way to set up the defaut "Currency To Print:" to Originating when printe the Invoice from the Sales Batch ID. There is no problem to print the Invoice from Sales transaction Entry, because the default Currency was set using Originating. Thanks, Kevin, Yes. When you select the Print icon in Sales Batch, print options window will open where you specify Originating in Print currency in Dropdown. This should work the same way as printing invoice from sales transaction entry -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wro...

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Ac
I have crm 3.0 and sql 2005 on separate servers. When I select Reports in My Activities, appears: Error. Please contacte the system administrator. The SQL 2005 is 64 bits on Windows 2003 64 bits. -- Allan Machado Microsoft Certified Professional Hi Alan, Are you accessing your CRM using an IP address or name, if it's IP address, it will not work. It only works with name because IP don't work with Kerbero. If it's still not working, follow the white paper from Microsoft to check your SPN, etc... Hope this will help. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm....

Printing clips the side of the document words
Hello, I've just installed all the updates for Windows XP that were required and others also and have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003. I've tried to print an email message and the words in the narrative are clipped on the right and left margins. The "TO" "FROM" "SUBJECT" and all the other header information is aligned correctly and the problem is only with the main text portion. When I print regular WORD documents, I don't have this problem and my printer can print directly to the edge of the paper (Laser). The formatting is coming from Outlook a...

Slowing Printing with Publisher & Merged Database
I am doing a newsletter that prints out customers addresses by pulling them off an Excel spreadsheet. I have about 1200 records in the spreadsheet. As the printer runs, it prints out each newsletter with one customers address and then moves down to the next record. The problem I am having is that it takes an extremely and I mean extremely long time to print. 10 copies takes about 15 to 20 minutes. My Publisher file is about seven megabytes. I am using Publisher 2003 and Windows XP Pro SP2 printing to a Xerox 3535 creo Spire. The Spire shows the file as being 900 MB for each 100...

Printing
Hi, I have a custom list control (base class is not CListCtrl but simply CWnd). I need to implement printing. I once created a whole printing function for a standard CListCtrl, by making complete custom drawing routines to take data out of the list control and draw it onto a printer DC. However, I have seen how "Custom Grid Control" and other controls can somehow simply map the screen (including icons and everything) onto the printer.. it's not simply a screen print obviously, because it adapts to the printer resolution, but I do wonder if there isn't just a standard print...

Macro to print document in Duplex format
I am trying to write a macro in a template (.dot) file to be used on 2000 documents based on it. The macro has code to print duplex. The code is give below. I get error 'Unable to set shared printer settings' while trying to assign printersettings. Isnt it the same like changing the Duplex setting in the print->printing preferances? Please advice. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Option Explicit Public Type PRINTER_DEFAULTS pDatatype As Long pDevmode As Long DesiredAccess As Long End Type ...