PDF from Word 2004 document with TOC links

Is it still impossible to generate a PDF from a large Word document in Word
2004 and retain the cross-reference TOC links, etc?

I understand that Word X had that limitation and only the Windows version of
MS Word can create the full PDFs that retain the links and cross references.
(Something about missing APIs, whatever they are.) I see that Word 2004 is
still hobbled that way.

Is there any relief in sight, or do I have to buy a Windows version of Word
that will work in SoftWindows 98?

Thanks in advance.

---
Please remove NOSPAM to reply privately if you are so inclined,
ramoncNOSPAM at NOSPAMsurewest dot NOSPAM netNOSPAM.
Otherwise, replies to the Newsgroup are always welcome.

Does anyone know?  Mickey?

In article BCED0B0A.16DF%sorry.nomail@all.com, Ram�n G Casta�eda at
sorry.nomail@all.com wrote on 6/9/04 18:44:

> Is it still impossible to generate a PDF from a large Word document in Word
> 2004 and retain the cross-reference TOC links, etc?
>
> I understand that Word X had that limitation and only the Windows version of
> MS Word can create the full PDFs that retain the links and cross references.
> (Something about missing APIs, whatever they are.) I see that Word 2004 is
> still hobbled that way.
>
> Is there any relief in sight?
>
> Thanks in advance.

---
Please re-assemble my email address to reply privately if you are so
inclined:  ramonc at surewest dot net .
Otherwise, replies to the Newsgroup are always welcome.