PC Emulator for the new Intel Macs.

Hi, I am considering switching to the Mac.  Now that the new Intel Mac
has been released, my concern is not having a PC emulator for those few
PC based apps that I have not found or are not ready to substitute yet.

Questions:
(1) Does anyone have a word on when the Virtual PC will work for the
Intel based Macs?
(2) Does anyone use another PC amulator that they can reccommend?
(3) Any other idea to address this need?

Thanks so much.  Martin.

0
Tinchohs (1)

you'll want to check this out, newly posted on macrumors.com, on
OpenOSX

http://www.macrumors.com/

There is also WINE / Darwine, this is what I am looking forward to, I
am sure we'll see it running on the new Intel Macs soon.

http://darwine.opendarwin.org//

0
jklimeck (5)
1/18/2006 9:31:16 PM
http://openosx.com/wintel/

this one though, actually runs Windows, meaning you must install
Windows.

WINE / Darwine runs Windows .exe's (API's) without having to install
Windows, pretty good huh.

0
jklimeck (5)
1/18/2006 9:33:36 PM
The VPC newsgroup has a lot of discussion about this--probably worth
checking their archives as well:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc/search?group=m
icrosoft.public.mac.virtualpc&q=intel&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
1/19/2006 12:23:51 AM
<Tinchohs@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I am considering switching to the Mac.  Now that the new Intel Mac
> has been released, my concern is not having a PC emulator for those few
> PC based apps that I have not found or are not ready to substitute yet.
>

> Questions:
> (1) Does anyone have a word on when the Virtual PC will work for the
> Intel based Macs?
> (2) Does anyone use another PC amulator that they can reccommend?
> (3) Any other idea to address this need?
>
> Thanks so much.  Martin.

Check http://www.macwindows.com/ .  They have two articles on their front
page right now.  One is about iEmulator (http://www.iemulator.com/) and the
other is about WinTel (http://openosx.com/wintel/index.html).

Keep an eye out, the future looks bright indeed.

-Mark

0
mmmmark

Moving to a new computer
I'm trying to move my Outlook 2003 data file (Outlook.PST) to my new computer using Outlook 2007 with Windows 7. However, when I try to open the data file and point to it in the right location, it seems to keep opening up a new file that I had already created sort of by accident when I was setting up the computer. My question is, I want to open up my old data file on my new computer, but I don't know how. The instructions are not complicated. In Outlook: File > Open > Outlook Data File... Since you already created an Outlook profile, it created a new, blank PST f...

Pc Based Home Theater
Monster MCC AV100 Activity-based A/V Home Theater Controller Price:$279.95 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000CQPFCU Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000CQPFCU ...

Re: Recovery from EX2000 to EX2003 Server on a new machine
Hi, i have been having serious problems with my current Exchange 2000 machine where it continously fails to load the Information store and other services at startup. i have got it up and running now but if i reboot it will fail again and only starts 1 in 10 reboots What i would like to do it create another box with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 and move all the stores,logs and all to this new server. Is there any procedures that need to be followed to do this? and are there any complications with the AD please advise me on the correct was to do this or any documentation there is available...

moving contacts folder to new computer
I am having difficulty moving my contacts folder (Windows 97 --outlook 2002)to my new computer (XP). I have searched for my .pab files (which I thought contained them) and for Contacts folders but can not seem to find anything that will work. I found this statement: To designate a contacts folder as an Outlook Address Book, go to the Properties dialog box for the Contacts folder. On the Outlook Address book, select the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" check box. I don't understand it. Where do I find the proper folder to designate and how do I install it?...

Keep formatting PC to PC
I did the page formating from One PC. but when i open that document from another PC, there's formating have changed. so i wanna know, how to keep page formating, without changing the page sizes with the contents PC to PC? All depends of which version of Excel the PC have. Play it safe by formatting in the lowest version PC. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "chari" <chari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A2FEB7F-FE4A-49CF-862A-25D79086BC8F@microsoft.com... >I did the page formating from One PC. but when i open that document fro...

How do I set up Times New Roman / 12 as the default font / size
Microsoft Outlook: How do I set up Times New Roman / 12 as the default font / size "OldTimer" wrote: > Microsoft Outlook: > How do I set up Times New Roman / 12 as the default font / size On mail view, click on Tools, choose Options, Mail Format and then Fonts (usually Times New Roman is the default font) OldTimer <OldTimer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Microsoft Outlook: > How do I set up Times New Roman / 12 as the default font / size In which pane? Which version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

How do I create new default color settings for charts in Excel?
I do not like the default color settings for my charts in Excel. I always end up modifying them extensively. I'd like to make as few changes as possible when my charts are created. Can I set new color defaults for charts created in Excel? Hi, You can set the colours for chart lines and fill. Menu Tools > Options. On the Color tab is a set of colours for Line and Fill. Cheers Andy pro user wrote: > I do not like the default color settings for my charts in Excel. I always end > up modifying them extensively. I'd like to make as few changes as possible > when my char...

Macrons
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When I use macrons (e.g. M&amp;#257;ori) in emails, the come up as question marks (?) at the other end if the user is on a PC. <br><br>Macrons translate fine between PC and Mac when using WORD, the problem is only with Entourage. Is there a setting I migh missing? Any chance this issue could be resolved with Office 2008? On 2010-01-12 03:39:00 -0500, Dyanna@officeformac.com said: > When I use macrons (e.g. M&#257;ori) in emails, the come up as question > mark...

ReAssign an account shares the account with the existing and new o
I have noticed that when an account is reassigned from one owner to another, it establishes a share between each of these parties. Is there a way of turning this option off. Thanks Kim Cannon Afraid not. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:39:03 -0800, "Kim Cannon" <KimCannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I have noticed that when an account is reassigned from one owner to another, it establishes a share between each of these parties. Is there a way of turning this o...

pc
vielleicht gehts jetzt wieder mama ...

Separating data into new sheet
Hi guys, I have the following data on worksheet "Sheet1" Code Value A 1000 B 200 A 100 C 150 B 300 B 200 C 400 I have worksheet "Sheet2" that I want user to input what CODE they want to IMPORT... Let say A then on "Sheet2" i would get: Code Value A 1000 A 100 It is a combination of sorting, copying and moving the wanted data to the targeted sheet. Is there an excel feature/solution that does this? or a VB code is needed? Thanks in advance ...

New address book
In Outlook 2002, I am unable add a new address book. I am also unable to send/receive emails or access a calendar. Do you get any error message when this happens? If you do, post them , please. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com "AKnox" <AKnox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29712617-F7E2-45B5-A4BE-E8C574E9F2B1@microsoft.com... > In Outlo...

Purchased Office for Mac, can I selectively install?
I have no experience with Macs. I have always used PCs with Windows, presently on Windows XP. I am awaiting deivery of my first ever MAC (Macbook) and Office for MAC. I only want to install Word and Excel from Office. I am not interested in nor want to waste resourses installing the Email handler, Powerpoint , Entourage, or Messenger. I Can this be easily accomplished on the initial installation setup? Do I have choices on installation? TIA Hello - And welcome to Mac & to the newsgroup! Although you do have custom installation options I strongly recommend that you do...

Smartlist Builder Smartlist based on new View in SQL 2008 with GP
Hi there, I created one smartlist based on a view in SQL 2008. Smartlist is ok and working fine with my user id and sa. But when I give security access to other users, they can see the Smartlist Option but when they click it they get error message that don't have rights to one of the table used in this smartlist. I also have given them Grants through SQL Server. But no effect. What is the problem? Naseer, Check my article on the subject at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/12/smartlist-builder-security-for-sql.html. It explains an issue similar to the one you are havin...

about data synchronization between pc and smartphone
I use eVC3/eVC4 to develop for smartphone platform. My desktop program saves/updates data into files on hard disk. On smartphone device,the program saves/updates data into ram or SD card. When the smartphone device connect PC,microsoft activeSync works.How do I keep data synchronization between pc and smartphone? Thanks. ___________________________________ http://www.msale.net/bbs a Chinese-language message board for developers,including palm,ppc,symbian,and etc. http://www.zirong.net/blog/ Miken's private life ...

word 2003. new document does not recognise right hand margin
When openning a new document in 'Word' it will not accept typed input to the right hand margin. However, after selecting the 'Column Icon' and choosing single column, it will rearrange text to fill to the right hand margin. There is no sign on the top ruler that it is a 2 column document at the beginning. It is easy to correct, but is there any way of making sure that a new document will automatically accept text to the right hand marginwithout having to select 'single column'? this is in Office 2003 - Student Teacher edition. This situation appeared ab...

new user of excel
Is there a beginners newsgroup for excel? Thanks D scott Hi Donna, Yes, there is: Microsoft.public.excel.newusers Personally, I think this group will help you more: Microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions But do visit one of the many sites with useful links, like this one (just a random choice): http://www.jkp-ads.com/Links.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Donna" <djs@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:OsjDK39UIHA.4360@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... | Is there a beginners newsgroup for excel? | Thanks | D scott | | On Jan 10, 3:09=A0pm, "D...

New email address
I need to add a new email address to the Global address book, but this person in not part of my network/domain. I do not want to create a user account for this person just to get his name on my users Global address book. Should I be placing him in the Contacts address book or can I just add him to the Global address list without creating an account for him Exhange 2000 / win2k server O Tx for the Help Follow Steps 1-7 http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "BlippZ" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Is There A Method Or Software By Which To Locate New Entries In 2nd Excel Worksheet
Hello, I obtain, every other day, a single Excel Worksheet, usually having close to 25,000 cells of data. Two days later, I acquire another worksheet, which contains almost all of the previous sheet's data. The difference between the two is that the second sheet will include cells that did not appear anywhere in the first one. Further, the inclusion of the cells in the second sheet will be at random locations. In other words, if there are 10 new cells, they will not appear immediately one after the other. The new cells never appear either at the very top or bottom of the worksheet; if...

Tablet PC output not working.
UE =3D Ultraedit I've already contacted UE on this problem, their response, they don't = have a way to use the tablet PC output. I'd always figured the PC output was pretty much just cut & paste. Using my wacom 12wx the other day, I ran across a web link I wanted to = visit later when I got online. To save the link, I wanted to write into a = desktop note. I fired up UE, no tablet PC input panel. I tapped the icon in the = task bar and got the tablet PC input to write in. After typing the url into the tablet input, I hit the enter on the = floating keyboard....

how do i synchronise a diary my manager has on his pc, with my pc
can anyone tell me how i synchronise a diary my manager has on his pc (which syncs to his pda) so I can make, alter, create appointments on my pc, that will synch with his pc (we're on a network). or can i access his diary from my pc (he usually keeps it open) Is there a specific version I need? I've tried to do it before and failed and given up. Any help would be appreciated. Do you have an Exchange Server in your office? If so, you may be able to open his mailbox and edit his Journal "rosebud982" <rosebud982@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Moving crm3 to new server
Windows 2003 SP1 CRM3 Sp1 SQL2005 SP1 New server has same Name and IP address. Moved MDF and LDF files then started CRM3 install. Install would not recognize the existing DB's. Tried Backup and restore same error. ANy suggestions would be apprecoated. Robert One suggestion could be to take advantage of the CRM Redeployment Tool to move CRM from one server to another. You can find this on the CRM Disk. Regards, Anuj Singh "Robert" wrote: > Windows 2003 SP1 > CRM3 Sp1 > SQL2005 SP1 > > New server has same Name and IP address. Moved MDF and LDF files...

Using Access to open a file on PC at a scheduled time
I have an excel file that takes a while to load. I'd like to have a form open that has code top open this file at 7 AM. Task Scheduler for windows won't work. Anyone have a code they would suggest? i am trying to run a exe at 6am, the scheduler doesn't run....it does run if someone/myself is logged in to computer.....but i want to run it automatically in the morning by itself.... any hint or advise ? thanks "dbouton" wrote: > It requests a network password. When I enter it, it fails. I don't know. It > doesnt seem relevant though. > > "Kla...

Can I download Office2003 with existing product key on new comp?
I had purchased and downloaded Office 2003 on my old laptop. That computer has since broken and I got a new one. I'd like to download Office 2003 for my new computer and enter in my old product key so I don't have to buy a whole new suite again. "KFee" <KFee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:020CC1FF-3ABA-4110-A9FB-8E667976FAB3@microsoft.com... > I had purchased and downloaded Office 2003 on my old laptop. That > computer > has since broken and I got a new one. I'd like to download Office 2003 > for > my new compu...

formatting change after pasting into a new weoksheet
Hi everybody, When I copy a worksheet to another one cell background colors change and also I lose the formatting ? any suggestions what might cause this? -- Best regards, Edward Keep both windows open at the same time when you copy and paste and I think that will obviate the problem. Please hit Yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. "Edward" wrote: > Hi everybody, > When I copy a worksheet to another one cell background colors change and > also I lose the formatting ? any suggestions what might cause this? > -- > Best regards, > Ed...