opening Windows Excel 2003 files with my Mac Excel 2008

Version: 2008
Processor: intel

I cannot open the Windows Excel 2003 files sent to me by my accountant. I have Mac Excel 2008. It defaults to the Numbers program, part of Iworks. I need the full functions of Excel to work on the files...not Numbers.

thanks
0
cgad1255 (1)

I suspect that this is the same problem I have found with Keynote/
PowerPoint. Hold the control key down while you press the mouse on the
file you are trying to open. Then pick "Open with" and choose Excel.

If you have a two (or more button mouse you can also use "right click"
to choose "Open with".

0
ianfore (8)
3/18/2008 2:24:17 AM
Or you can use Get Info to make the "Open with" setting permanent for
that file or all files of the same type.
0
ianfore (8)

Sibling Window KillFocus Issue (MFC)
I have a Dialog based MFC application that emulates a windows based browser with my own widgets and etc. Above the main window I have 4 children windows that are the primary focus of the project. The child windows in question have the capacity of minimizing and maximizing. Each of the 4 child windows act as siblings. Now the problem: I would like a maximized child window to automatically minimize when another child window is focused. I assumed OnKillFocus would accommodate this but it doesn't. More over, I do not have access to OnActivate, as they are children and only produce an O...

excel to get data from an access database
I need excel to get data from an access database similar to vlookup function from an excel table. In order to have only specific records copied to your Excel file, the query needs to include selection criteria (and sort order if necessary). Otherwise, all records get copied and you then need to create lookup formulas or use filters to restrict the set of record. If you are not familiar with Access queries, have someone who is create one for you as a stored query object in the database file. You can then use the Data>Import (Get) External Data and choose the query as your record sour...

Can a custom checkbox be added to a Scroll Window?
Hello all, I've added a custom checkbox field to GP. I have created the field in a separate table with a one to one relationship per the suggestions of various documents. My problem is now this, I cannot get the checkbox to work in a Scroll Window. I have the checkbox related to the PO Line table and can get it (the checkbox) to work on the PO Line Detail screen, but I really would like it to work on the PO Entry screen with the Scroll Window that contains all the PO Lines. I have added the checkbox onto the Scroll Window but it doesn't seem to work or be possible to fill t...

What is an addin (in Excel) and how can we create one?
Hi, I want to know what an excel addin is and how to create an excel addin (not the method Save as .xla) for say, to check the occurances of an item. In Col A, several items are listed like item1, item2, item3 etc upto item10. Some items repeat more than once. Can an addin be created to check the no. of occurances of AN item in this list? If so how> Thank You Hi Shajueasow, See: http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut03.htm for a tutorial. --- Regards, Norman "shajueasow" <shajueasow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DC9E994-13FE-4FFA-957E-10...

On the way to 2003
I'm about to install a new Exchange 2003 server. My current Exchange 5.5 server still sits in our nearly-abandoned NT4 domain. Users are already logging on to the 2003 domain while their mailboxes remain in Exchange 5.5. This is just how things have worked out. But now, the question is moving mailboxes after installing Exchange 2003 in the Active Directory domain from the NT4 domain. My plan is to create a new Organization with the 2003 install. Is the easiest, least painful way to move things at this point to create ..pst files out of the Exchange 5.5 mailboxes and put them in Ex...

Excel 2000 question.
Hello, Group: I am looking to run a macro that pauses for input. For example to bend metal, I would like to have the macro ask for number of bends, then continue in the computation. Thanks, --tj Dim numBends As Long On Error Resume Next numBends = InputBox("Number of bends") On Error GoTo 0 If numBends > 0 Then 'rest of code End If -- __________________________________ HTH Bob <techjohnny@gmail.com> wrote in message news:66a3c982-1496-4d73-8284-0a630e498706@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, Group: > > I am looking ...

Publisher 2000

excel as a database #2
Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? Phill Yes 32,767 characters, approx 1,024 visible in the cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Phill" <phill.hudson@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:ccesl0$g3u$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? > > Phill > > Phill, A cell can hold 32K characters, but only about 1K will be visible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MV...

opening links in outlook

Process stealing window focus
Is there a way to prevent a process from stealing window focus? I want my process to run completely silent, no UI interuptions at all, so this includes when it steals the focus from my top window. Not sure exactly what you mean by this? Is the top window in the same application or a different application. Does the "process" do any UI at all? When does it interrupt your main window? Tom "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9430ED69-207F-4266-9467-003F11BC11B7@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to prevent a process from stealing wi...

Problem trying to open old money file

OL 2003 .nk2 file clears on reboot
We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot. We have tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one, created a new OL profile with no luck. When we copied another users nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is picked up, but no new address are stored. outlook writes to the file when it closes - so it seems outlook is not closing correctly. is there a pda or an application using outlook data? if so, close it first. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? h...

I don't show on windows friends list
I have a friend who says he can not see me online, when I have mine set to online, he can not see me, though he can see others. I am not in his blocked list? He has reinstalled it, with no luck. I can see him when he is online. appreciate any help on the situation, Bruce Is he using the same ID that you are using? I have had that experience where I used a different ID on WLM than elsewhere. -- rext "brucefl" wrote: > I have a friend who says he can not see me online, when I have mine set to > online, he can not see me, though he can see others. I am n...

Windows goes to the background
Hi Everyone, I am having a wiered problem. I have a Dialog based application that has a Modeless Child dialog. The child dialog is mostly hidden. I show the child dialog when I am syncing with the server to show progress message, and at the same time I disable the Main dialog with EnableWindow(FALSE), to simulate a modal dialog. Anyway when everything is done and I hide the Child dialog and call EnableWindow(TRUE) on the main dialog. When I do this the main dialog jumps behind all the other applications on the screen. This happens because of EnableWindow(FALSE), if I remove that line eve...

Windows Vista and RMS 2.0
Has anyone upgraded to Vista using RMS 2.0? Any pros/cons on duing this. I'm running it on my laptop without issues. But this is just for demos and research. Have not intalled it in production yet "Bill Fry" <BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1D4E574-5383-45D8-8E44-F7BEAFDC0424@microsoft.com... > Has anyone upgraded to Vista using RMS 2.0? Any pros/cons on duing this. The Lack of non existant thermal printer drivers, for 1 "Bill Fry" <BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1D4E574-5383-45D8-8E44-F...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

why is outlook closing when I try to maximise window?
Just started using Microsoft outlook 2000 for emails. Was using web based programmes before. Outlook express wouldn't recognise internet connection, so went to MS Outlook. After a lot of adjustments, finally got it to send and recieve however when it opens, it is in a minimized window. Every time I click the maximize button or try to expand the borders by clicking and dragging, it closes and gives me a message that outlook needs to close. Why is it doing that and how can I get it to open in a maximized window. ...

Can excel display text in CHART's data table?
All my text are displayed as "0".......just want to keep some comments nicely in there.Not sure whether excel can do this. Or anybody knows other better way? something like this: para1 1.2 1.3 1.4 para2 1 7 100 comments bad good excellent Hi, The chart data table is very limited in terms of formatting. You would be better using cells to display the information you want. And position the chart above them Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "8uv" <8uv@discussions.m...

Converting Access 2000 to Access 2003 or XP
I have Access 2000 on my home PC and want to install it on my business PC. I also need to upgrade this program. Do I upgrade first, then bring it to work? Also, if the software is licensed to me at home, can I install it on my business computer as well? Thank you. No, each install has to have its own separate license. The Access 2000 on your home PC is only licensed for you home PC. If you are planning to upgrade, you would be better off buying the full installation of Office 2003 or Office 2002 to install on your business machine. If installing Office 2002/2003 to more than one machin...

Need an open house sign in sheet

active sync and exchange 2003
Hi, I am having major problems with getting active sync working. Our OWA folder in https://mail.domain.com/exchange 2003 is configured to require SSL and is Forms based with basic authentication. So I went the following location http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=817379 and created another virtual directory called /ExchangeOMA as the microsoft KB aritical instructs. SSL is also set to required on https://mail.domain.com/oma and that works just fine. When I go to http://mail.domain.com/exchangeOMA it looks like it trying to come up with outlook web access but all the icons are ...