Opening Windows Encrypted Documents with Mac Office 08

Hi,
I'm a new Mac user and was wondering - if I had locked a document with Windows Vista (it has the file extension .ueaf) do you know how I would be able to open it using Mac Office 2008? I can't find an 'unlock' or 'decrypt' option in the menu.
Thanks!

On 2/28/08 7:20 PM, in article ee8f21f.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"capucina67@officeformac.com" <capucina67@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm a new Mac user and was wondering - if I had locked a document with Windows
> Vista (it has the file extension .ueaf) do you know how I would be able to
> open it using Mac Office 2008? I can't find an 'unlock' or 'decrypt' option in
> the menu.
> Thanks!
Macintosh Office does not support the same level of protection as Windows
version. Therefore you can not decrypt it on the Mac, but will have to
prepare an unprotected version on windows to transfer to the Mac.

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

0
bob6686 (387)

Sibling Window KillFocus Issue (MFC)
I have a Dialog based MFC application that emulates a windows based browser with my own widgets and etc. Above the main window I have 4 children windows that are the primary focus of the project. The child windows in question have the capacity of minimizing and maximizing. Each of the 4 child windows act as siblings. Now the problem: I would like a maximized child window to automatically minimize when another child window is focused. I assumed OnKillFocus would accommodate this but it doesn't. More over, I do not have access to OnActivate, as they are children and only produce an O...

Can a custom checkbox be added to a Scroll Window?
Hello all, I've added a custom checkbox field to GP. I have created the field in a separate table with a one to one relationship per the suggestions of various documents. My problem is now this, I cannot get the checkbox to work in a Scroll Window. I have the checkbox related to the PO Line table and can get it (the checkbox) to work on the PO Line Detail screen, but I really would like it to work on the PO Entry screen with the Scroll Window that contains all the PO Lines. I have added the checkbox onto the Scroll Window but it doesn't seem to work or be possible to fill t...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Process stealing window focus
Is there a way to prevent a process from stealing window focus? I want my process to run completely silent, no UI interuptions at all, so this includes when it steals the focus from my top window. Not sure exactly what you mean by this? Is the top window in the same application or a different application. Does the "process" do any UI at all? When does it interrupt your main window? Tom "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9430ED69-207F-4266-9467-003F11BC11B7@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to prevent a process from stealing wi...

How do you enable Out of Office replies to go out of office?
I have tried ESM/Global Settings/Internet Message Format/Default/Properties/Advanced tab Exchange rich-text format: Determined by individual user settings Message text word wrap: never use ENABLED Allow out of office responses ENABLED Allow automatic replies ENABLED Allow automatic forward ENABLED Allow delivery reports ENABLED Allow non-delivery reports ENABLED Preserve sender's display name on message Out of office responses still go in-house only. Please help. Stop and start the SMTP service and the MTA. Worst case scenario is that you will have to stop and start all of the...

Problem trying to open old money file

I don't show on windows friends list
I have a friend who says he can not see me online, when I have mine set to online, he can not see me, though he can see others. I am not in his blocked list? He has reinstalled it, with no luck. I can see him when he is online. appreciate any help on the situation, Bruce Is he using the same ID that you are using? I have had that experience where I used a different ID on WLM than elsewhere. -- rext "brucefl" wrote: > I have a friend who says he can not see me online, when I have mine set to > online, he can not see me, though he can see others. I am n...

Windows goes to the background
Hi Everyone, I am having a wiered problem. I have a Dialog based application that has a Modeless Child dialog. The child dialog is mostly hidden. I show the child dialog when I am syncing with the server to show progress message, and at the same time I disable the Main dialog with EnableWindow(FALSE), to simulate a modal dialog. Anyway when everything is done and I hide the Child dialog and call EnableWindow(TRUE) on the main dialog. When I do this the main dialog jumps behind all the other applications on the screen. This happens because of EnableWindow(FALSE), if I remove that line eve...

Windows Vista and RMS 2.0
Has anyone upgraded to Vista using RMS 2.0? Any pros/cons on duing this. I'm running it on my laptop without issues. But this is just for demos and research. Have not intalled it in production yet "Bill Fry" <BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1D4E574-5383-45D8-8E44-F7BEAFDC0424@microsoft.com... > Has anyone upgraded to Vista using RMS 2.0? Any pros/cons on duing this. The Lack of non existant thermal printer drivers, for 1 "Bill Fry" <BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1D4E574-5383-45D8-8E44-F...

office prof 2003 upgrade
I have microsoft works 9 installed. When I try to use my Office Prof 2003 upgrade it will not recognize the office works 9 as a valid upgrade program. How can I get the upgrade to work? I cannot find any hints within the MS website. Thanks for your help! Andrew wrote: >I have microsoft works 9 installed. When I try to use my Office Prof 2003 >upgrade it will not recognize the office works 9 as a valid upgrade program. >How can I get the upgrade to work? I cannot find any hints within the MS >website. Thanks for your help! > > You may need this patc...

Office X 10.1.2 Update Failed
I'm new to the Mac OS X although pretty experienced with Windows XP and Office. When I try to update my original install of Office X, I get error message 11002:2,-14. I read the Read Me and troubleshooting section, turned off the virus protection and removed the Microsoft Office Plugin file as directed in the troubleshooting. None of this helped. I noticed (remember I'm new to Macs) I can move a copy of the Microsoft Office X directory to another hard drive, and clicking on Entrouage or any program opens it just fine (including all the mail). Of course, that would be impossible in...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

why is outlook closing when I try to maximise window?
Just started using Microsoft outlook 2000 for emails. Was using web based programmes before. Outlook express wouldn't recognise internet connection, so went to MS Outlook. After a lot of adjustments, finally got it to send and recieve however when it opens, it is in a minimized window. Every time I click the maximize button or try to expand the borders by clicking and dragging, it closes and gives me a message that outlook needs to close. Why is it doing that and how can I get it to open in a maximized window. ...

Creating PDF No Longer Works in Any Office Product
I'm not sure when things stopped working. I have MSO 2003 and Windows 2007. When I hit the PDF button in Excel, it starts going through the PDF motions but then Excel locks up and stops responding. In Word, the screen blinks a few times and then just goes back to Word without making the PDF. This is getting frustrating, any ideas? Try this first if you use Excel 2007 Run Office Diagnostics. Office Button>Excel Options...Resources -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

OFFICE 2003 02-12-10
ALL OF A SUDDEN I WAS NOT ABLE TO OPEN EXCEL ANYMORE. INSTEAD OF OPENING THE PROGRAM, IT WENT TO WINDOWS INSTALLER AND JUST STOPPED.I REMOVED OFFICE 2003 FROM THE HARDDRIVE AND THEN REINSTALLED IT FROM THE DISK. HOWEVER, I AM GETTING THE ERROR MESSAGE: "ERROR 1304 - ERROR WRITING TO FILE: C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICEII\1033\XLINTL32.DLL VERIFY THAT YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THAT DIRECTORY " i WAS ABLE TO INSTALL "WORD" AND "OUTLOOCK" SEPARASTE;Y. BUT WHENEVER I TRY TO INSTALL "EXCEL" I GET THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE. WHAT CAN I DO TO...

My windows Mail
When I hit "send / receive" in windows mail, (it just started today), I get a windows security box that says: logon to pop-server.socal.com "Please verify that both the user name and password are correct for your mail server." There are boxes for username and password. I put them in and hit "ok". I then get an error message: "account: 'pop-server.socal.rr.com',server:'pop-server.ca.rr.com',protocol:pop3,server response:'-ERR invalid username or pass word.'port:110, secure (SSL): no, server error: 0x800ccc90, error number...

Need an open house sign in sheet

In place CRM and Windows upgrade
I have a customer that has CRM 3.0 installed on a Windows 2000 and SQL 2000 Server. The customer wishes to upgrade to CRM 4.0 and Windows 2008, and remain on the same physical server. What is the best approach for this? Here what I am thinking: 1. Backup CRM databases 2. Format and Upgrade Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 3. Install SQL 2005 4. Install CRM 3.0 from Existing Database Option 5. Upgrade to CRM 4.0 6. Backup CRM 4.0 databases 7. Upgrade to Windows 2008 Is there any other critical steps I am missing for this? Hi, It sounds like a plan, however I think CRM 4.0 still hav...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links