OneNote

Hello all

My computers include a HP rugged tablet with XP pro and a Mac
Powerbook.OS X.3.5.
Each system uses the native version of Office.
I use the MS for Mac Remote Desktop program with AirPort to use the
tablet thru the Powerbook at home and it works great!
For all you Mac owners out there, it provides a workable solution to
using a TPC.
Thanks, MS for Mac designers :)
A rugged tablet is an excellent system for on the road with good
battery life and durability.
OneNote for Office XP offers a great filing system but the Mac cannot
read the files.
The Notebook in Word for Mac provides a usable alternative but no
conversion.

Is there a way to read them in Mac Office, and if not, is it on the
list for a future upgrade?
How about OneNote for Mac?

tia

Randy

0
randyskog (2)

Hi,

Notebook view in Word has been well received. It is only a "version 1"
of this particular feature.  I suspect Microsoft would love to receive
your comments about the direction you think they should take to improve it.

Please take a moment to use the feedback feature on Word's help menu to
send your comments to Microsoft.

Thanks.

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

randyskog@mac.com wrote:
> Hello all
>
> My computers include a HP rugged tablet with XP pro and a Mac
> Powerbook.OS X.3.5.
> Each system uses the native version of Office.
> I use the MS for Mac Remote Desktop program with AirPort to use the
> tablet thru the Powerbook at home and it works great!
> For all you Mac owners out there, it provides a workable solution to
> using a TPC.
> Thanks, MS for Mac designers :)
> A rugged tablet is an excellent system for on the road with good
> battery life and durability.
> OneNote for Office XP offers a great filing system but the Mac cannot
> read the files.
> The Notebook in Word for Mac provides a usable alternative but no
> conversion.
>
> Is there a way to read them in Mac Office, and if not, is it on the
> list for a future upgrade?
> How about OneNote for Mac?
>
> tia
>
> Randy

0
goldkey74 (611)
2/16/2005 4:13:19 AM
Thanks Jim for the advice.
I was unaware of the feedback feature in the Help menu :)
It is great to have helpful people like you to point out these
features.
rs

Jim Gordon MVP wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Notebook view in Word has been well received. It is only a "version
1"
> of this particular feature.  I suspect Microsoft would love to
receive
> your comments about the direction you think they should take to
improve it.

> Please take a moment to use the feedback feature on Word's help menu
> send your comments to Microsoft.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Jim
>
> --
> Jim Gordon
> Mac MVP
> MVP FAQ
> <http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpfaqs>
>

> randyskog@mac.com wrote:
> > Hello all
> >
> > My computers include a HP rugged tablet with XP pro and a Mac
> > Powerbook.OS X.3.5.
> > Each system uses the native version of Office.
> > I use the MS for Mac Remote Desktop program with AirPort to use the
> > tablet thru the Powerbook at home and it works great!
> > For all you Mac owners out there, it provides a workable solution
> > using a TPC.
> > Thanks, MS for Mac designers :)
> > A rugged tablet is an excellent system for on the road with good
> > battery life and durability.
> > OneNote for Office XP offers a great filing system but the Mac
cannot
> > read the files.
> > The Notebook in Word for Mac provides a usable alternative but no
> > conversion.
> >
> > Is there a way to read them in Mac Office, and if not, is it on the
> > list for a future upgrade?
> > How about OneNote for Mac?
> >
> > tia
> >
> > Randy

0
randyskog (2)
2/17/2005 2:47:48 AM
Yes we would! Any comments on Notebook Layout view that you may have would
be awesome. Alas, there currently no version of OneNote for the mac, then
yet again there is not mac tablet either. Not that it matters, but OneNote
does really shine on a tablet...

Anyway, to fully answer you question, there is no way that I know of to get
OneNote content to work in anything outside of OneNote, even on the Windows
side. OneNote uses a very complex layout engine to enable the free-form
content editing capabilities that work so well with Windows handwriting.
This required a whole new file format which, unfortunately, doesn't
currently have a compatibility story. I have no idea what may happen with
this in the future, but it is unlikely that the mac will be able to read
that format unless the OneNote team make it possible. If you're interested
in suggesting that to them, it would be great if you posted a similar
suggestion on their newsgroup :)

microsoft.public.onenote is the group.

Thanks,

Rob.

<randyskog@mac.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Jim for the advice.
> I was unaware of the feedback feature in the Help menu :)
> It is great to have helpful people like you to point out these
> features.
> rs
>
> Jim Gordon MVP wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Notebook view in Word has been well received. It is only a "version
> 1"
>> of this particular feature.  I suspect Microsoft would love to
> receive
>> your comments about the direction you think they should take to
> improve it.
>>
>> Please take a moment to use the feedback feature on Word's help menu
>> send your comments to Microsoft.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -Jim
>>
>> --
>> Jim Gordon
>> Mac MVP
>> MVP FAQ
>> <http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpfaqs>
>>

>> randyskog@mac.com wrote:
>> > Hello all
>> >
>> > My computers include a HP rugged tablet with XP pro and a Mac
>> > Powerbook.OS X.3.5.
>> > Each system uses the native version of Office.
>> > I use the MS for Mac Remote Desktop program with AirPort to use the
>> > tablet thru the Powerbook at home and it works great!
>> > For all you Mac owners out there, it provides a workable solution
>> > using a TPC.
>> > Thanks, MS for Mac designers :)
>> > A rugged tablet is an excellent system for on the road with good
>> > battery life and durability.
>> > OneNote for Office XP offers a great filing system but the Mac
> cannot
>> > read the files.
>> > The Notebook in Word for Mac provides a usable alternative but no
>> > conversion.
>> >
>> > Is there a way to read them in Mac Office, and if not, is it on the
>> > list for a future upgrade?
>> > How about OneNote for Mac?
>> >
>> > tia
>> >
>> > Randy

0
rdaly (4)

OneNote.....
this is probably is simple but....how do I alphabatize/order within onenote? after I have already written up my 3columned 'note'.......if I was in excel I could do it, but here I'm lost......thanks, I guess I hilite the note section but where is the command? -- cristinaladyjane That feature doesn't exist in OneNote. The recommended workaround is to copy/paste the table contents into Excel, sort as needed and then copy/paste back into OneNote. =?Utf-8?B?Y3Jpc3RpbmFsYWR5amFuZQ==?= <ladyjane@microsoft.discussions.com> wrote in news:5DD1CA28-B...

Styles in OneNote 2010
Hi again, Is it possible to sync or import styles from Word into OneNote? We have a corporate normal.dotx (or is it dotm?) which contains the corporate standard for styles and is pushed to computers each time you log onto the network. We would like to promote OneNote for colaboration in document creation (especially since I found the Send to Word option) but it would be useful to be able to use the same styles as Word, rather than try to re-create them and then manual change OneNote as the corporate standards are updated. Thanks in advance Mike No, unfortunately One...

onenote add-in cannot connect to onenote
Help me please! I just reinstalled Office 2007 and I get this message when trying to send an email to OneNote from Outlook onenote add-in cannot connect to onenote. Make sure OneNote add-ins are enabled (they are) in the Add-Ins category of the OneNote application options. How can I fix this?? ...

Lost OneNotes
Started using OneNote 30 days ago ... made entries over several consecutive days. Then no entries for 8 days. I then clicked on icon and a new, blank OneNote page opened. My current noteBook was not found in Doc or anywhere else - until I read here about FILE>OPEN BACKUP. Should I have done a 'SAVE AS' to keep the original notes in tact as a single note book? Am I missing something here ... as it seems I would have been just as well to have used WORD and SAVE AS, saving some 45 minutes trying to re-locate the NoteBook files??? Many thanks for another rescue!!!...

OneNote
Good Morning All, Am new to one note and have a problem. I was in Outlook Calendar and pressed the Meeting Notes button to send the appointment to OneNote. when I went to OneNote, I clicked the Unfiled Notes button at the bottom left and found the page entry for my meeting. I wasn't paying attention and instead of moving the page on the left to the tab in the notebook I wanted, I moved the entire Unfiled Notes Tab to the notebook. Now, whenever I send a meeting notice etc from Outlook, it goes to that notebook. Since I have many notebooks, I want the unfiled notes t...

OneNote
Hello all My computers include a HP rugged tablet with XP pro and a Mac Powerbook.OS X.3.5. Each system uses the native version of Office. I use the MS for Mac Remote Desktop program with AirPort to use the tablet thru the Powerbook at home and it works great! For all you Mac owners out there, it provides a workable solution to using a TPC. Thanks, MS for Mac designers :) A rugged tablet is an excellent system for on the road with good battery life and durability. OneNote for Office XP offers a great filing system but the Mac cannot read the files. The Notebook in Word for Mac provides a usab...

Post-it note like tool for OneNote
When pasting an actual word or pdf file in OneNote for annotation, is there a way to insert someting similar to a post-it note so that the comments stand out and don't get lost in the original text? Acrobat has such a feature and I wonder if it is available either in ON 2007 or 2010. Many thanks. Hi there, You can insert "flags" in OneNote to help make them stand out. To add a note tag: - Place the pointer in the paragraph that you want to tag. - On the *Standard* toolbar, click the arrow next to the *Tags* button, and then click the note tag you wa...

Hyperlinks to OneNote opens Chrome not OneNote
A few days ago these same links worked. Now whenever I click them Excel opens/switches to Google Chrome (my default browser). Thanks in advance for any suggestions Vista Business, Onenote 2007, Excel 2007 ...

Missing Send to OneNote
For some time now, I have been able to right-click on an email in Outlook ans send the email to OneNote. Also have dine the same with IE8. I just installed the 2010 Beta version of MSOffice. I no longer have send to OneNote on my right-click menu. How can I get it back? Thanks, Michael Rev. Michael L. Burns wrote: > For some time now, I have been able to right-click on an email in > Outlook ans send the email to OneNote. Also have dine the same > with IE8. I just installed the 2010 Beta version of MSOffice. > I no longer have send to OneNote on my right-clic...

onenote 2007 problem
hi from brazil. i have a hard problem with onenote. i can start and use it, but when i close the program the process continues endless, days and days on. it was working correctly, but two week ago the error started. i've tried google it, but it was useless. tried to wait days with the notebook turned on and the process running... useless too. tried to delete the onenote cache... didn't work too. tried to unistall and install again... the problem remains. besides the endless process, that i can finish from process manager ( but it once i use onenote and close, it comes b...

OneNote printer
The OneNote printer is not in my Devices and Printers box. Is it possible to use the Print to OneNote on a 64bit version of Windows 7.0? jackdash wrote: > The OneNote printer is not in my Devices and Printers box. > Is it possible to use the Print to OneNote on a 64bit version of > Windows 7.0? No. There is no support for 64-bit OSs in OneNote. For the reasons pls see: David Rasmussen: OneNote 64 bit print driver http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2008/04/21/onenote-64-bit-print-driver.aspx> A solution for ON2007: David Rasmussen: OneNote Print Driver –...

Linking names in OneNote 2007 with Outlook Contacts
Hi, I have Office 2007. I use OneNote regularly and love it. One thing I've never been able to figure out is how to link to an Outlook contact from within OneNote. Example: I write a note and indicate in the note that Bob Smith was at the meeting. I'd like to be able to somehow click on Bob Smith and have it launch his Outlook contact info. It would be nice to see it from within OneNote rather than minimizing the program, going to Outlook and launching that program and then going back to OneNote. I've tried everything I can think of but so far I'm either ...

OneNote
Is there any known linking between CRM 3.0 and MS OneNote? Thanks There isn't any integration piece directly, and I haven't heard of anyone building anything. However, you might be able to build something that uses Office Webparts for Sharepoint as a bridge between OneNote and CRM. Just an idea off the top of my head. What are you wanting to accomplish? -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "CRM_Newbie" wrote: > Is there any known linking between CRM 3.0 and MS OneNote? > > Thanks Hi Matt: 1) Can OneNote be used to update CRM fields? 2) Can a O...

onenote
Is it possible to send excel docs to onenote? ...

How to Delete Video on OneNote
I just test recorded a video and want to delete it, but haven't figured out how. I deleted the icon, but the video is still there. I tried clicking and deleting the video-- nope. The screen image of the video has remained on my screen, no matter what I click on. Ilikegoodcake wrote: > I just test recorded a video and want to delete it, but haven't > figured out how. I deleted the icon, but the video is still there. I > tried clicking and deleting the video-- nope. The screen image of the > video has remained on my screen, no matter what I click on. I read thi...

Merging OneNote containers.
This is a hit & and miss task for me (holding down either the Ctrl or Shift key whist dragging to another container). Will anybody please give me some tips. The Version has me beaten - it has come with a new Acer laptop that was purchase in December '09 so I assume it be the latest version! I can see something about a 2007 trial. MH Harding wrote: > This is a hit & and miss task for me (holding down either the Ctrl or > Shift key whist dragging to another container). Hold the Shift key pressed whilst dragging the container toward the other. When the bord...

I cannot enable Send To OneNote from Outlook 2010 Beta to OneNote
My Send to OneNote button disappeared after Outlook reported some error when it started. The error seemed to be related to OneNote 2007, so I uninstalled Office 2007. But now I cannot get the Send To OneNote button to appear again in Outlook 2010. First, it is very hard to find *where* to enable this. I finally found the AddIn "OneNote Notes about Outlook Items" in the "Innactive Application AddIns" list. I had to both ENABLE it (under Manage Disabled AddIns) and set it to start (under Manage COM AddIns). But after exiting and restarting Outlook 2010 the...

OneNote 2007 What is the best way to create or use onenote for the following
I am trying to creat a Notebook that I can keep a reference about the applications I work with: The structure of the Information is as follows: Software Application 1 Informations Module 1 information Module 2 information Application 2 Informations Module 1 information Module 2 information and the list go on What is the best way to do that and I am a little bit confuse about what is the different between section and section group Thank your help and recommendat...

OneNote 2010 RTM Unfiled Notes Wiped Clean
I was able to open all my beta Notebooks and all data is healthy moving from the beta to RTM. Except Unfiled Notes. Unfiled Notes are empty. I assumed the new version just overwrote my Unfiled stored in the My Documents folder. I figured I would just go back to some of my older Acronis Image backups and drag the imaged Unfiled from pre-RTM backups. Problem is when I drag them to the desktop and attempt to open them with the new OneNote they all say there is only 4K of data and no files in them. Am I missing something here and I've possible lost the ability to view any ...

Outlook / OneNote
Is there a way to have Outlook use OneNote as its Notes, rather than the brain-dead Notes that is there by default? No. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, TonyK asked: | Is there a way to have Outlook use OneNote as its Notes, rather than | the brain-dead Notes that is there by default? Yes in Outlook 2007 with this add in; http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin/archive/2007/04/16/4-16.aspx ++++++++++++++++++++++++...

Suggestions for OneNote
Hi, I've been using OneNote 2007, and I think it is a great program. I had some suggestions for making it better: 1. for the highlighter and pen tools, when you move the cursor across the page, it is hard to tell where the cursor actually is, and sometimes you lose it completely. I think the cursor should be made darker or something so we can see it on the page more easily. 2. for the tool which allows you to add extra space somewhere in the middle of the page, allow a feature which allows you to add extra space at the point you want even if it cuts through a picture....

add simple spreadsheeting functionality to OneNote, please
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=25e17d76-ceb8-4560-a55e-bbcf8b348ec0&dg=microsoft.public.office.misc Why, they already supply Excel in that Office suite. Neil wrote: ...

OneNotes online
Does MS offer soring my documents online in a OneNotes program so that I can access it from the internet from any computer? Jerry wrote: > Does MS offer soring my documents online in a OneNotes program so > that I can access it from the internet from any computer? It works already now, but not yet from MS. It's possible with some third-party providers of offline-storage space. Things will tremendously be improved with ON2010. The main efforts for new version have been put into "cloud computing", i.e. on usage of ON over the "net". Some of that is...

Notes in Outlook or OneNote?
Hello, I have been using OneNote to write my notes. Outlook supports notes. I am wondering if I should drop OneNote and use notes in Outlook, or use both. Please give me some advise. Thank you. Talal Itani Outlook's notes are so primitive as to be almost useless. Comparing the two is like comparing a stick of gum to a steak dinner. :) -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com "Talal Itani" <titani@verizon.net> wrote in message news:ed8Th.5081$SK3.4208@trnddc03... > Hello, > > I have been using OneNote to wri...

OneNote Viewer
Is there a "viewer" for OneNote so that people who don't have it installed can still view documents created in OneNote? For example, similar to Adobe's Acrobat Reader. You can download the trial and just it expire. Once it expires, you can view any notebooks. -- Thanks, John Guin OneNote Test Team http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin "LH1962" wrote: > Is there a "viewer" for OneNote so that people who don't have it installed > can still view documents created in OneNote? For example, similar to Adobe's > Acrobat ...